Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
annieb727
DIS Veteran

First Solo WDW Trip -- June 15-23, 2012

Hello DISers!! My name is Annie!

I am currently planning two trips...one is our family trip coming up in May (for 16 nights)...and this one

June 15-23, 2012

This will be my first Walt Disney World Solo Trip! I have had one solo trip to Disneyland in California back in 2006.

This trip started out as a "girls" only trip - it was going to be me and 2-3 of my girlfriends. However, most likely they will not be going, and it will be JUST me. And I am totally excited about it.

So...this trip is all about ME...I get to decide what I do, when I do it, for how long. I am going to try to have a few TS meals -- I don't have to eat much, so probably appetizers will be sufficient for me. I am excited to try places I have never been. I don't have to do character meals.

Anyway...I am totally excited. Because we have APs...I can park hop if I want. There is a lot that I want to see and do at Epcot (in WS), so I might be hopping a good bit.

Right now, all I have planned is the dates, and hotel. I will be staying offsite at Ramada Gateway. I got it on Hotwire for $280 for the 8 nights total. A great deal.

So this is the beginning of my pre-trip report! I would love suggestions of things you would recommend for a solo trip

~ Disneyland Resort, California ~
June 1996 (1st Disney trip ever at age 17) ~ March 1998 ~ September 1998 ~ June 2000 ~ March 2001 ~ December 2001 ~ October 2005 ~ December 2005 ~ August 2006 (solo trip! Disneyland Hotel) ~ September 2006 ~ October 2007 ~ July 2008

~ Walt Disney Resort, Florida ~
June 2003 (1 night at CR / offsite) ~ February 2009 (Pop) ~ May 2012 (Pop) ~ July 2012 (solo - offsite) ~ July 2013 (offsite) ~ December 2013 (Pop)

Next trip: March 6-17, 2014 ~ Coronado Springs Resort (Business class)

Last edited by annieb727; 04-17-2012 at 08:43 AM.
annieb727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
annieb727
DIS Veteran

I love to plan. It's hard because I am also in school...so I am trying to balance my time planning and studying. Though the planning is winning a bit at the moment.

I haven't decided which parks to do which days yet, but I have decided on some of the TS meals I would like to do - I have not done any of these ones before:

Poly - Kona Cafe
Epcot - Biergarten, Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, Chefs de France
Magic Kingdom - Plaza Restaurant, Tony's
Hollywood Studios - Sci-Fi
Beach Club - Beaches & Cream

Not sure if I'll be able to do all of those, but I'd like to. Gotta figure out the money because I am supposed to keep this trip "cheap"

I would really like to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, but I'm not sure if I can pull that one off...

SO I will have 7 full days, and 2 partial days. I am trying to figure out how many days I would like in each park.

I think I will spend more time in Epcot than the other parks. I would like to experience a lot of the World Showcase -- the entertainment in the various countries. I love the rides and stuff in Future World, but will probably spend a lot of time doing other things. Plus there are a lot of restaurants I want to try there. I am thinking three full days here.

I love Magic Kingdom, and definitely want to spend time there. Thinking two days there? Maybe the last day in the morning before I leave.

Hollywood Studios has a few things that I like, so I don't need much time there. I'm thinking at least one full day...maybe a partial day (split between AK possibly - partial day at each park)

Animal Kingdom would be nice to go a little - but I'm not sure I even need one full day -- was thinking possibly two partial days. I'll be able to ride Everest in single rider line. Maybe on arrival day, and then a morning then hopping to Hollywood studios.

Ah...the decisions. I am checking every day for something to open at Ohana...I have ALWAYS wanted to try it. But it's completely booked for the entire trip. But I'll keep checking. I want to go for dinner. As much as I love breakfast foods, I want to experience the dinner...plus I like the fact that there are no characters.

June 1996 (1st Disney trip ever at age 17) ~ March 1998 ~ September 1998 ~ June 2000 ~ March 2001 ~ December 2001 ~ October 2005 ~ December 2005 ~ August 2006 (solo trip! Disneyland Hotel) ~ September 2006 ~ October 2007 ~ July 2008

June 2003 (1 night at CR / offsite) ~ February 2009 (Pop) ~ May 2012 (Pop) ~ July 2012 (solo - offsite) ~ July 2013 (offsite) ~ December 2013 (Pop)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
annieb727
DIS Veteran

How can 'Ohana have availability for a party of four and for two, but not for a party of ONE?? What's up with that?? Wonder if I should book it, and then call and reduce the number of people?

Last edited by annieb727; 04-17-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Kristina
DIS Veteran

There was a thread a few months back where another solo diner had a lot of problems getting a table at Ohana but in the end they managed. I tried to find it by googling but couldn't. Yet! I will also be doing my first solo visit in Nov. and am hoping to dine at Ohana also. Have you tried calling Disney dining instead of doing it online?

I will be staying for one week also and am planning on visiting AK but will probably head to another park in the late afternoon since I have such limited time. I also love the MK and plan on spending close to 3 days at that park alone !

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
annieb727
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
There was a thread a few months back where another solo diner had a lot of problems getting a table at Ohana but in the end they managed. I tried to find it by googling but couldn't. Yet! I will also be doing my first solo visit in Nov. and am hoping to dine at Ohana also. Have you tried calling Disney dining instead of doing it online?

I will be staying for one week also and am planning on visiting AK but will probably head to another park in the late afternoon since I have such limited time. I also love the MK and plan on spending close to 3 days at that park alone !

I ended up booking for two people online. And I will call and get the other one taken off of my reservation.

That sounds fun...I know I will be spending at least two full days at MK...and probably two full days at Epcot...

I'm still trying to figure out what parks I want to visit.

Now I am thinking about doing water parks and possibly disneyquest...

This is what I am currently thinking of doing...

Friday, June 15 - Arrival day. Animal Kingdom until closing, 'Ohana 9:30pm

Saturday, June 16 - Magic Kingdom. Kona Cafe 1:55pm

Sunday, June 17 - Epcot. Biergarten 12pm (might change this to Via Napoli), Rose & Crown 5:15 (more for entertainment than food...probably just an appetizer)

Monday, June 18 - Waterpark and possibly DisneyQuest -- If I don't do the WP/DQ, I will probably go to Epcot this day.

Tuesday, June 19 - Hollywood Studios (thinking Sci-Fi)

Wednesday, June 20 - Magic Kingdom. Plaza Restaurant 2pm.

Thursday, June 21 - Epcot. Chefs de France 12pm.

Friday, June 22 - Hollywood Studios 1/2 day. Afternoon - waterpark and/or DisneyQuest. (If no WP/DQ, I will probably hop over to Epcot or Magic Kingdom for the evening).

Saturday, June 23 - either Magic Kingdom (and Tony's lunch) or Epcot (and something in WS for lunch). Depart around 1pm. Driving home.

I would love some feedback on my tentative plans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: