Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
AlwaysEeyore
Always Gloomy . . . except in "The World"

Going to SW for one day, where to buy tickets?

We are going to SeaWorld for just one day next month. My parents got the kids tickets with their tickets already so I just need two adult tickets. Anyone know the cheapest place for tickets?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Belle83
DIS Veteran

If you have a Chase credit card, you can get adult tickets for about $50 worth of points..

otherwise, I think the cheapest place is undercover tourist?
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

http://www.mousesavers.com/seaworldorlando.html
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
kelfox651
Earning My Ears

If you have a Southwest Rewards card, you can buy tickets at the gate (show your card and photo ID) for $20 off. You can sign up for a rewards card free on their website. It isn't advertised as one of the deals...but I had seen some out of date messages about it around the web. I called for myself last week...and it is indeed still on.
kelfox651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

You can buy them online at the Sea World website and save ten dollars per person off the gate price and it gives you two days instead of one for 71.99. Someone mentioned the Southwest reward card saving you twenty dollars. I was told it will save you 20 percent not twenty dollars.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Location: Where you take only pictures, leave only footprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelfox651 View Post
If you have a Southwest Rewards card, you can buy tickets at the gate (show your card and photo ID) for $20 off. You can sign up for a rewards card free on their website. It isn't advertised as one of the deals...but I had seen some out of date messages about it around the web. I called for myself last week...and it is indeed still on.
Is there a way to do this online in advance and print out the tickets?

Mich Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
flower91882
Mouseketeer

If you're a AAA member they are currently running a special for a one-day ticket including a meal voucher for $69.99 + tax.
Disney Wonder 4-night Pre-wedding Cruise 5/8/05
Our Disney Wedding! , Boardwalk Resort 12/15/05 - 12/23/05; Wedding: 12/19/05 Yacht Club Gazebo
Disney Magic 7-night Alternative Western 9/27/08 ; Disneyland Resort (offsite) 5/28/09-6/3/09
My Best Friend's Wedding! Pop Century Resort WDW 8/28/09-9/7/09
Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/5/10-3/10/10 (2:15:18) ; 12-night Northern European Capitals Cruise 7/18/10
Baby's First Disney Family Vacation, Sept. 2012, Disney's Beach Club Villas
Planning: ??

flower91882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower91882 View Post
If you're a AAA member they are currently running a special for a one-day ticket including a meal voucher for $69.99 + tax.
Great deal!! Is this available at the gate or do I need to purchase in advance? Also is there a kids price?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Mouse View Post
Great deal!! Is this available at the gate or do I need to purchase in advance? Also is there a kids price?
Purchase in advance through the AAA online site. Kids are the same price - 69.99. I bought our tickets using this deal this morning. The vouchers that I received indicate that the price includes a 2nd visit within 7 days for free. (I knew this was a case with tickets you bought directly from Sea World online, but I wasn't sure whether this worked with this promotion. I thought others might be wondering the same thing, so I thought I'd post this.)

One more thing . . . the AAA site says the tickets must be used by 12/31/12, but my voucher says it must be used by 2/16/13.
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebuck View Post
Purchase in advance through the AAA online site. Kids are the same price - 69.99. I bought our tickets using this deal this morning. The vouchers that I received indicate that the price includes a 2nd visit within 7 days for free. (I knew this was a case with tickets you bought directly from Sea World online, but I wasn't sure whether this worked with this promotion. I thought others might be wondering the same thing, so I thought I'd post this.)

One more thing . . . the AAA site says the tickets must be used by 12/31/12, but my voucher says it must be used by 2/16/13.
Did it give you the option to have the tickets sent to a smart phone? I am still not 100% positive if we will go to SW and would like the option of purchasing tickets while in FL. You printed a voucher at home? Could I do this at Bay LAke Tower somewhere if there is no smart phone option and we decide to go? Locally, we purchase tickets for movies and Broadway shows and have the barcode sent to smart phones. Not sure if this technology is being utilized with the frequency it is here.

Thank you for your response, I aprreciate your help.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did it give you the option to have the tickets sent to a smart phone? I am still not 100% positive if we will go to SW and would like the option of purchasing tickets while in FL. You printed a voucher at home? Could I do this at Bay LAke Tower somewhere if there is no smart phone option and we decide to go? Locally, we purchase tickets for movies and Broadway shows and have the barcode sent to smart phones. Not sure if this technology is being utilized with the frequency it is here.

Thank you for your response, I aprreciate your help.
I didn't see that option, but . . . . once you purchase the tickets it takes you to a screen containing a link to a .pdf of each ticket. Those tickets do have a bar code on them - you need to scan them at one of the kiosks outside the park to get the official tickets and meal vouchers. My guess is that you should be able to open the .pdf on your phone and scan that bar code, but I'd hate to have you rely on that and be wrong. If it were me, I'd print it at the hotel to be safe.

The other thing I don't know is how long they are going to run this particular promotion. I have absolutely no experience with how long AAA runs promos like this - maybe someone else would know that.
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
anonymouscactus
Earning My Ears

If the AAA ticket / voucher says "go straight to the turnstile" at the bottom, I would recommend a printout... but since you are getting a meal voucher as well, my guess is that you will just go straight to the self-service kiosks to get your individual tickets (one for the gate, one for meals -- typically if you have multiple people on one order you only scan ONE voucher and all will print out at once since they are linked to the same order). At the kiosks you can punch in the voucher # instead of using the bar-code, so hypothetically if you wanted you can just write down the voucher number on a piece of paper without printing anything... it'll just take an extra few seconds to type it in on the touch screen. -- Technically they can type in the numbers at the turnstiles too, but it will be a pain for them and will hold up the line quite a bit since they will have to do each ticket individually. We had to do this once at Busch Gardens when the bar code wouldn't scan properly. But since you are getting meal vouchers included, it sounds like they are not tickets you would use directly at the turnstile anyway.

Have fun!

Last edited by anonymouscactus; 02-17-2012 at 12:53 PM.
anonymouscactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
flower91882
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebuck View Post
The other thing I don't know is how long they are going to run this particular promotion. I have absolutely no experience with how long AAA runs promos like this - maybe someone else would know that.
I'm wondering this too. We're not going until September, so I hadn't planned to buy my tickets this early, but I don't want to miss out on this deal. Anyone have more experience and have any idea how long these promotions usually last?
Disney Wonder 4-night Pre-wedding Cruise 5/8/05
Our Disney Wedding! , Boardwalk Resort 12/15/05 - 12/23/05; Wedding: 12/19/05 Yacht Club Gazebo
Disney Magic 7-night Alternative Western 9/27/08 ; Disneyland Resort (offsite) 5/28/09-6/3/09
My Best Friend's Wedding! Pop Century Resort WDW 8/28/09-9/7/09
Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/5/10-3/10/10 (2:15:18) ; 12-night Northern European Capitals Cruise 7/18/10
Baby's First Disney Family Vacation, Sept. 2012, Disney's Beach Club Villas
Planning: ??

flower91882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
wisc mom
Earning My Ears

The AAA website shows that the deal runs through 12/31/2012.

1999/2002/2004 Fort Wilderness
2007 Port Orleans / Fort Wilderness cabins
2008/2010 ASMU family suite
wisc mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
disneyfanjan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This must be a regional deal. We are in the northeast and I looked at our site and didn't see anything.
disneyfanjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: