Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #46
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Q View Post
Sadly, I agree with your post.
I'm with ya'll. I remember when there wasn't any of this fussing and name calling!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #47
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I have not seen any fussing or name calling, sometimes for some reason people seem to think not agreeing is fussing.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #48
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

I had the honor of meeting Lynn quite by accident when there in December. My husband and I were doing our Christmas resort tours and stopped at the GF for gingerbread and the holiday festivities. Once I was done taking all my photos we sat down to enjoy the atmosphere. After sitting down I realized that Lynn was on the sofa next to me. We pleasantly visited for a bit before one of the staff from the GF came over to tell her that the people had finally vacated her sofa and helped her move her things.

So, I believe that she is not only welcome at the GF but that the staff know her well and look after her.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #49
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
She's a valued past guest of the hotel, who continues to enjoy the resort's entertainment offerings with the blessing of the hotel's staff. That's hardly loitering.
On one of our many visits with her, she mentioned that she and her husband stayed at a value when they were at WDW, because to stay at the Grand was out of their means. (there was some humor attached to her comment, as in "we'd have had to sell one of our children to stay there") They would just come over to the lobby like so many other people do, to enjoy the music.
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #50
staceymarie
Mouseketeer

I have seen her on my past several trips and love to see her there! I have never approached her as I'm pretty shy but she is always part of my trip it seems! I do actually look for her when I'm at the GF and have pointed her out to others with me. I certainly don't feel as if I'm "stalking" her or treating her as an attraction. She is able to do something that I would love to do when I'm older--spend as much time at Disney as possible!! The GF is so fabulous and the music is always so mystical--reminds me of The Shining!! Yes, the teddy bears are a little strange but it would be a boring world if we were all of the same mind.
Why such negativity over seeing someone enjoy herself? Whatever...
August 2011--Wilderness Lodge
April 2012-Contemporary Resort
August 2012-Contemporary AGAIN!!
Wilderness Lodge! April 15-19, 2013
ASMO December 1, 2014-one day stay
Up Next--ASMO 3/14/14 and CSR 3/15-3/18/14
Then...Wilderness Lodge! August 23-28, 2014

Last edited by staceymarie; 02-11-2012 at 12:30 PM.
staceymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #51
stellablue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibahwewah View Post
Didn't see the teddy bear lady last week, but when we went to the lobby on Saturday evening to enjoy the music, there was a family with their Chik-Fil-A food all spread out across a coffee table right by the piano! So there they were, chewing their chicken nuggets and licking the french fry grease and ketchup off their fingers while a gentleman in a tuxedo was playing the grand piano only a few feet away! How supremely tacky!

I've been Un-Birthday'd!
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #52
gogo
DIS Veteran

It sounds like this lady enjoys the GF because is has special memories for her. Like most of us, sometimes we enjoy conversations with others and sometimes we want to be left alone with our own thoughts.

Common sense would be if you happen to be sitting or standing by her and a conversation develops naturally fine but it really is an intrusion to intentionally approach someone and strike up a convesation. She sounds like a lovely lady that may be too polite to say I'd like to be left alone with my memories.

I'd like to think if I saw her, I'd smile and go about my business. Unless, like I said a normal conversation develops due to proximity.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #53
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

OMG, LOL! I saw this lady in January over Marathon weekend. DH and I were staying in the GF and we saw her in the lobby with teddy bears strapped all over her bag. I thought she just had a lot of grandkids, LOL. So funny that I knew exactly who you were talking about!
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #54
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
So it wouldn't have been tacky if they were eating the chicken sandwiches and fries that Disney sells right around the corner?

Yeah, I see something tacky here, but it has nothing to do with what this family was eating.
If you want to get Disney food and eat at one of the resorts, fine, but to go offsite and bring food back in the fastfood containers is very tacky in my opinion. Couldn't they have eaten and then come to the resort to "sightsee".
Disney grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #55
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney grandma View Post
If you want to get Disney food and eat at one of the resorts, fine, but to go offsite and bring food back in the fastfood containers is very tacky in my opinion. Couldn't they have eaten and then come to the resort to "sightsee".
Could you tell they were not guests of the GF?
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Solo Trip DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Family & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~Milestones w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run & Reunion 10/13 @ POP ~ AS Sports w/Sis for Glass Slipper Challenge! 2/21-25
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #56
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

Guest or not, in my opinion it isn't right to bring fast food to a resort and spread it out in front of others to eat. If they were staying at the resort they should have taken it to their room. It's not as bad though as the lady who changed her daughter's very messy diaper on the coffee table in front of the sofa in the AKL resort lobby while a group of our family was sitting on the sofa and in a nearby chair.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #57
pinnocchiosdad
DIS Veteran

Im starting to regret posting this thread.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #58
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchiosdad View Post
I understand your feeling this way, one topic can lead to another and another and take on a completely different twist from the original topic. I apologize completely for my post as it had nothing to do with the teddy bear lady, and I wish her the best.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #59
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchiosdad View Post
Oh yeah I know what mean. these threads are like the old game of telephone. What starts out as one thing ends up completely different....
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #60
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

We saw Lynn a few weeks ago late afternoon. dh and I got married at the wp, and had our cake cutting on the terrace on the second floor of the gf lobby. We stayed at the gf that week and now go back every trip to enjoy the atmosphere, visit the wp and the wedding terrace, and get some basin! Lynn is always there and we love the idea that we could do the same as she does when we are older!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: