Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
ChicagoMom
Mouseketeer

Pirate Rooms at CBR?

We're staying at Pop. My soon to be 5 YO DD has all of the sudden become pirate crazy. I'd hardly considered CBR when booking the resort last may. If we'd gone moderate, I wanted POFQ but that was before the pirate crazyness began.

I think DD would now LOVE the CBR pool. So I called to see if it was possible to switch to CBR and keep our free dining discount. There is a pirate room available and it will cost about $700 more. There are no standard rooms available.

How cool are the pirate rooms? $700 cool, KWIM?

If they'd had a standard room available (probably about $300 more), I would jumped on it but I'm hesitating at the $700.

We've never stayed at Pop before and I know DD will also love Pop.
ChicagoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

I've stayed in them. They are the farthest rooms from the main pool and food court and it's a good jaunt to get there. Nobody wanted to stay that far out so they made them themed. Our room actually looked at POP Century. The design is clever and a great start but the rooms somehow felt unfinished, very brown, only brown. The beds are doubles so same as POP but they are mattresses inset in a boat and often described as hard by guests, some kind of foam mattress. Are they worth $700 more, absolutely not considering the location in the resort, the long bus commute (POP has great buses) and you aren't getting a bigger bed than the values.

If she is really into pirates I would def spend that extra money on the Pirate's League, one of the Pirate cruises and extra fun. PS If you have a package and get the DisneyQuest coupons take advantage, there is an awesome Pirates virtual game to play, you shoot cannons and sink the ships while on a rocking ship.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
heehee611
Earning My Ears

We stayed in them a few years ago, and while my then 4 year old liked it, the novelty wears off after the first 15 minutes. I certainly wouldn't pay $700 extra for the room! It was very far from the pool and dining hall, although we didn't really mind the walk (it's a beautiful resort). On that trip, my husband and son did the experience where you get your face painted like a pirate, and that was well worth the money to do once. I'd do that before spending the extra money on the room! Have an awesome time!!
heehee611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
Candice30
World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.

I agree. Way too much extra for these rooms. They were dark and far from everything. The beds were horrible. I hit the boat sides every time I rolled over as they were so small. POP is awesome. I'd stick with that!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Yes. The pirate rooms are too far away from the main pool/building for me to recommend them. I can recommend CBR and a preferred room booking. I'll bet that would still cost around $700 more, but remember you go from quick dining to standard dining because you're upgrading from a value to a moderate. I say go for the moderate upgrade as you'll get a nicer resort, as well as a better meal plan. And, yes, your daughter will love CBR main pool if she is into pirates.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Note: If you do want the regular Dining Plan you can get it at POP if you pay the difference. Sometimes this is the more economical way to get the plan.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
ChicagoMom
Mouseketeer

I've already upgraded the dining plan and am paying the difference. They do have rooms available at CSR which would cost about $300 more (only $300 because that takes into account that we upgraded the dining plan). I would only upgrade for CBR though because of the pirate thing but CBR has no standard rooms available.
ChicagoMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: