Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Did resort prices go up recently?

I know that park tickets went up recently, but did resort prices also go up? I created a trip online to check prices a few weeks ago. I just did it again with (I think) all of the same parameters, but the total seems to be considerably more. Also, when the price of the room was shown, I don't remember it being that high. It showed POR basic room the last weekend in September as over $200, but I thought the same room was under$200 when I checked before.

Anyway, am I just crazy (don't answer that!) or remembering incorrectly, or did they actually raise the rates in the last month or so?
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
sndral
DIS Veteran

I thought room rates generally go up @ the first of the year. That said, the only time rack rates are below $200 @ POR standard view are January and early February on weekdays ($186.)
Possible causes of different costs:
Slightly different dates adding in more expensive weekend rates, or going from value season to a more expensive season.
Upgraded view category (ex: standard to garden or preferred.)
The first quote included a discount which the second quote did not.
Disney computer/web glitch.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Rack rates are set in the summer for the year (along with applicable 'seasons') - you can find them published
HERE

That said, availability of room type, change in season (if you move dates) and changes in the availability of promotions will change rates.

Also, sometimes you may find tickets already included v. a room only rate when pricing out.
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: