Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #76
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Thanks for this great thread! It is hard to find info on the Deluxe rooms.

I am trying to decide which room to request for our March stay. 4557 seems to be the best option as we would like a full balcony. Am I correct? Does anyone have photos of that room?
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #77
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

According to the room number map for BC. There looks like an elevator right near the X557 deluxe rooms. Is that accurate? Will it take you to the 5th floor?

thanks
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #78
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
According to the room number map for BC. There looks like an elevator right near the X557 deluxe rooms. Is that accurate? Will it take you to the 5th floor?

thanks
As far as I know, there is only one bank of elevators and you access the 5th floor by putting your room key in a slot in the elevator.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #79
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

thanks
No, that part of the resort only has 4 floors. You have to walk through the winding halls out to the lobby elevator, then take that up to the 5th floor. That was the only downside to the Deluxe room in that area! You can use that elevator right by the rooms to get down to the pool.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #80
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
No, that part of the resort only has 4 floors. You have to walk through the winding halls out to the lobby elevator, then take that up to the 5th floor. that was the only downside to the Deluxe room in that area!
thanks! Once off the elevator is the lounge right there?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #81
TaraPA

Quote:
thanks! Once off the elevator is the lounge right there?
Yes it is!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #82
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yes it is!
Wonderful thank you!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #83
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Sorry and thanks Tara for correcting my bum answer. I only knew of the one elevator bank off the lobby.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #84
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Sorry and thanks Tara for correcting my bum answer. I only knew of the one elevator bank off the lobby.
You weren't wrong...there IS only one bank that goes to all floors! The 2nd bank is just for the area over by the quiet pool between floors 1-4. And for the record it was out of service most of our trip - we ended up taking the stairs to go down to the pool! (No the stairs also do not go to floor 5).

[/SIZE]
Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #85
PolyAddict

Of the 6 deluxe there are only 2 I would not like to get. I am about to call and book and I am curious, should I request like 3 different room numbers?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #86
Syndrome
Who's super now?

We have stayed in a few of the deluxe rooms.
4557 and 3691 are the ones with the HUGE balconies and prob. the best deluxe rooms. Inside, the rooms are the same. HUGE !!!
3691 has the huge balcony plus the little juiet balcony that looks over the slide /wirlpool part of SAB and towards the lake. It is directly above Cape May Cafe. The room never smelled fishy, but the hallways going towards the room in the afternoon ALWAYS did. The huge balcony over looks the center courtyard, that can be busy most of the time. Its great if you like to "people" watch, lol. Its closer to the center of the resort.
4557 has the huge balcony but no view at all toward the lake. The balcony is the same size as 3691 but faces the quiet pool, and you can see some of the high Epcot fireworks. I think if I remember a bit longer walk to the CL lounge. The balcony is a little more relaxing than 3691 because you dont have tons of people right outside walking aound.
1557 has a Huge patio but no balcony as its ground level. It faces the quiet pool. Very nice if you like a patio vs a balcony. The view is pretty low, ground level, and just a hop over to the quiet pool and hot tub. The quiet pool is VERY quiet and hardly used, as is the kind of hidden, hot tub. Everyone ignores the quiet pool because of SAB.
2557 has the huge balcony, but the juliet balconys of 3557 are directly over it and it lacks privacy.
3557 and 4691 are the worst as far as balconys go if you like that sort of thing, but the rooms themselfs are the same as the other deluxes and are HUGE.

Thats it, and they are prob in order of preference and requesting.
The only ones I really wouldnt enjoy as much are 3557 and 4691, but we are balcony people, lol. We spend a lot of time on the balconies, and like hanging our wet bathing suits on the chairs.

NOW if they would only offer these deluxe rooms WITHOUT the CL, it would be great to save a few $$$. While we LOVE the deluxe rooms, we dont so much love the CL at Beach Club, lol.

BTW, 3691 is now our favorite, with 4557 a very close second !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, BC, BW, FW, GF, HHI,
Poly, POR, WL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......

Last edited by Syndrome; 01-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #87
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
We have stayed in a few of the deluxe rooms. 4557 and 3691 are the ones with the HUGE balconies and prob. the best deluxe rooms. Inside, the rooms are the same. HUGE !!! 3691 has the huge balcony plus the little juiet balcony that looks over the slide /wirlpool part of SAB and towards the lake. It is directly above Cape May Cafe. The room never smelled fishy, but the hallways going towards the room in the afternoon ALWAYS did. The huge balcony over looks the center courtyard, that can be busy most of the time. Its great if you like to "people" watch, lol. Its closer to the center of the resort. 4557 has the huge balcony but no view at all toward the lake. The balcony is the same size as 3691 but faces the quiet pool, and you can see some of the high Epcot fireworks. I think if I remember a bit longer walk to the CL lounge. The balcony is a little more relaxing than 3691 because you dont have tons of people right outside walking aound. 1557 has a Huge patio and no deck that faces the quiet pool. Very nice if you like a patio vs a balcony. The view is pretty low ground level, and just a hop over to the quiet pool and hot tub. The quiet pool is VERY quiet and hardly used, as is the out of the nice , kind of hidden, hot tub. Everyone ignores the quiet pool because of SAB. 2557 has the huge balcony, but the juliet balconys of 3557 are directly over it and it lacks privacy. 3557 and 4691 are the worst as far as balconys go if you like that sort of thing, but the rooms themselfs are the same as the other deluxes and are HUGE. Thats it, and they are prob in order of preference and requesting. The only ones I really wouldnt enjoy as much are 3557 and 4691, but we are balcony people, lol. We spend a lot of time on the balconies, and like hanging our wet bathing suits on the chairs. NOW if they would only offer these deluxe rooms WITHOUT the CL, it would be great to save a few $$$. While we LOVE the deluxe rooms, we dont so much love the CL at Beach Club, lol. BTW, 3691 is now our favorite, with 4557 a very close second ! Syndrome
Thank you bunches for this info!!! Have you made specific room requests before? I have to say, those are the exact 2 that I wanted. I have to say I am not psyched about the CL but want it for the 5 of us for quick breakfasts, drinks and beer/wine in the evening. Have you done other club levels? We only have done Poly and BWI. We love the Poly, BWI was OK. Was there anything specific you didn't like about it?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #88
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Thank you bunches for this info!!! Have you made specific room requests before? I have to say, those are the exact 2 that I wanted. I have to say I am not psyched about the CL but want it for the 5 of us for quick breakfasts, drinks and beer/wine in the evening. Have you done other club levels? We only have done Poly and BWI. We love the Poly, BWI was OK. Was there anything specific you didn't like about it?
Yes, we have made specific room requests, and we never got them. There are only 6 deluxe rooms in all of BC, so its prob pretty hard to get a specific room request.
You may be better requesting a full balcony, then you will prob get one of the better deluxe rooms.
Note that the interior of all the deluxe rooms are the same from what we have seen ......the differences are the balconies.
We have stayed CL level at the Poly (our favorite !), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Beach Club (our least favorite) and Royal Pacific (Universal).
Beach Club lounge is to small for the amount of rooms (same could be said for Grand Flo, but not as bad) and the food offerings are very basic, not many options, just bland !. NO VIEW what so ever. Did I say how small the lounge was , lol.
Poly and Grand Flo had the best food options with the edge going to GF. Poly has the BEST view and BEST lounge PERIOD !!! AK food was just a little to strange for us.
BTW the staff at BC CL was great.

Syndrome

Old 01-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #89
Syndrome
Who's super now?

BTW, not sure when you are going but the BC CL lounge is rumored to get a refurb (CL staff told us). Tempoarily it will be in the Presidential suite (from what the CL staff said)WHen the refurb is done, it will occupy the CL lounge where it is NOW, and the room directly next to it.

Syndrome

Old 01-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #90
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Yes, we have made specific room requests, and we never got them. There are only 6 deluxe rooms in all of BC, so its prob pretty hard to get a specific room request. You may be better requesting a full balcony, then you will prob get one of the better deluxe rooms. Note that the interior of all the deluxe rooms are the same from what we have seen ......the differences are the balconies. We have stayed CL level at the Poly (our favorite !), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Beach Club (our least favorite) and Royal Pacific (Universal). Beach Club lounge is to small for the amount of rooms (same could be said for Grand Flo, but not as bad) and the food offerings are very basic, not many options, just bland !. NO VIEW what so ever. Did I say how small the lounge was , lol. Poly and Grand Flo had the best food options with the edge going to GF. Poly has the BEST view and BEST lounge PERIOD !!! AK food was just a little to strange for us. BTW the staff at BC CL was great. Syndrome
I think the refurb is taking place after our May trip. I am terribly bummed about the state of the Poly because that is where I wanted to return with all 3 of my kids. It's been since 2009 that we were there. . Good advice about the request. That is what I will do.

Thanks again for all your help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: