Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
3PrinceMom
Mouseketeer

Left behind

So what happens to all of those things that you leave behind in a Disney resort?

I usually rent a car, but on a trip to CBR, I did not. Called bellhop for service to DME pick up. If you are familiar with that resort, DME is not within walking distance. The nice man questioned what I was doing with the unopened food and beverages. I wasn't doing anything with them. He asked if he could take them and the conversation was that he would be taking them to the employee break room. I was good with that. I had no use for it. What would have mousekeeping done with it?

Mousekeeping brings up other items I usually leave behind. I always go to Super Target on day one and buy shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, real toilet paper, and whatever else is needed. The unused portions always get left behind. So what happens to the leftovers?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
MyGirlLovesTink
Mouseketeer

This is my first time staying on-site, so I am a bit confused. Doesn't the hotel provide you with shampoo and conditioner, do I need to bring my own? And what do you mean by "real" toilet paper? What is provided in the Disney rooms?
MyGirlLovesTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGirlLovesTink View Post
This is my first time staying on-site, so I am a bit confused. Doesn't the hotel provide you with shampoo and conditioner, do I need to bring my own? And what do you mean by "real" toilet paper? What is provided in the Disney rooms?
Yes, the Disney resorts provide shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, toilet paper, tissue, towels, etc. I guess I'm not as picky as some, but I've never had a problem with toilet paper at any hotel. I think the tp at Boardwalk is thicker and softer than what is provided at Pop Century, but that's fine.

I always leave a note for Housekeeping at the end of my stay to let them know there is stuff in the refrigerator and/or table that they are welcome to take. I only leave behind unopened bottles and packages of consumables (we usually have extra soda pop, granola bars, etc.). The opened food-stuff I throw in the trash. We also have left partially used sunscreen in the spray cans. I have always taken the position that it protects the staff to leave the note so there is less risk that they'll be accused of stealing. My best guess is that the housekeeping staff is told to toss everything that is left unless it appears to be something valuable in which case it should be taken to lost and found.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
3PrinceMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGirlLovesTink View Post
First, it depends on what resort you are staying in. To maximize how often I can do Disney, I usually stay in a value or moderate. I have stayed in a deluxe within the last year, so I can compare them. All Disney resorts leave little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bars of soap. The toilet paper is a huge issue for me. The deluxe resorts have good stuff. The value and mods do not.

I grew up at the Poly, then OKW...so I am learning the hard way. I learned long ago that little boys need a good thing to make sure their butt is clean.

I'm no clean freak, but it's really a basic thing. My thoughts are that Disney uses that cheap **** in the parks...for the flush ability of it!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

I would think that Mousekeeping probably takes home what they want of that sort of stuff left and probably a lot of it gets tossed. We had a bunch of snacks left one time, and I just left them with a note for the Mousekeeper to please take them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: