Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
SweetieinVT
Mouseketeer

Reservation dilemma

So we are going on an 8-night trip with 8 people: me, DH, our four kids, and my parents. So four kids, four adults. We have decided the best lodging for us is to get two rooms at a moderate resort and ask for connecting rooms (although I recognize requests are not guaranteed). The catch is, we will be arriving with the kids one night before my parents arrive. If I have them listed as the adults on the second room, we won't be able to check in to that room until our second night there and we'll be short beds the first night. I figure I have a few options:

1) Keep the reservations as they are (two on-room reservations) and deal with being short a room for one night.
2) Swap one adult in each room so we can check into both rooms as a group. One of each couple will be able to open one of the two rooms, hope that we do get the connecting rooms so once everyone is there and we live the connecting door open it doesn't matter who can open which room door.
3) Change from two one-room reservations two a single two-room reservation and drop them, then add them on the day of, I can't book FPs for them at the 60 day mark (a no-go in my book). Plus, would complicate DME pickup at the airport.
4) Make a one-night reservation for the six of us and then a 7-night reservation for the whole group (but again, lose the ability to make FP reservations for all of us for a day, which could cost us the A&E FP in the end).

I'm leaning towards swapping one of the adults on each ressie and dealing with the implications to charging issues, as we're paying for the rooms anyways. Am I missing any other options? Has anyone gone through something like this?

SweetieinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I'd call Disney directly, I don't think you can change the lead person on a reservation once it's been made. You can't go with one moderate room for the first night, since your family size puts you over the room capacity.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
SweetieinVT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
I'd call Disney directly, I don't think you can change the lead person on a reservation once it's been made. You can't go with one moderate room for the first night, since your family size puts you over the room capacity.
I did, and the options I was given basically boil down to that. Although you are right, technically I would have to cancel the second reservation and book a new one, but we're not going until April, so that wouldn't be a big deal at this point since it is currently booked as rack rate RO.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
littlejimmy
Mouseketeer

just cancel the ressie and book a two room on one ressie.
littlejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
SweetieinVT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy View Post
just cancel the ressie and book a two room on one ressie.
I thought that would be a good option, but you apparently can't have a two-room ressie with more than two adults. :-(

Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
DisneyWishes14
Mouseketeer

I think I would go with option 2 and put you and your spouse as the lead guests on the rooms. That way you will get both rooms on your first night. If you don't get connecting rooms, yes, you'll have to deal with one spouse not being able to open their room door, but if you do get connecting rooms that won't be an issue. I think this is your safest bet.
DisneyWishes14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: