Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #46
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I agree with you!

I think that Ivy is already pregnant. In that first episode, she was waiting to go into the audition, and she was in the bathroom throwing up. My first thought was "That ain't nerves!"

Plus, I figured that Karen would be the understudy and would get the Marilyn part when it came out that Ivy was pregnant.

I do wish they weren't quite so graphic with the love scenes between Ivy and the producer. It seems a bit much for network TV to me.
WHAT??!?!!?!! That's half the reason I am enjoying this show so much. Jack Davenport is HAWT! To be honest he was the only reason I first tuned in. Turns out I actually like the show.

Ellis is bi. And I love we are seeing more of him.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I do wish they weren't quite so graphic with the love scenes between Ivy and the producer. It seems a bit much for network TV to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I agree, the scenes in bed are
Have you guys seen a soap opera recently? At least Smash is on at 10 at night (ET).

Sorry to bump this up, I just watched the ep on DVR this morning.

I also don't like the plot twist with Ellis.
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #48
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
I also don't like the plot twist with Ellis.
I actually turned the tv onto another channel at that point. For some reason this particular backstabber realllllly annoys me.

I like the show, but I'm not liking the Ellis plot line or the adoption plot line. At all. I think I may tape the show and then ffwd through those parts.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #49
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I agree with the others; I don't really like the way this plot is developing. There's a reason I don't watch soap operas - they're too predictable. I was hoping for more character development and some shades of gray in people's behavior. Not getting it yet.

I can see Karen as understudy, but I also hope they don't go the All About Eve route with Karen & Ivy.

Also, anyone think that Tom's in love with Ivy? Or is he as gay as he appears? And what's all this with the shock about her sleeping with the director? How could Tom have been in show business, and successfully, and never have heard of the casting couch? How old a cliche is that?

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #50
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

What did y'all think of last nights episode? I'm glad to see Karen is starting to stick up for herself.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #51
Beachbumpirates
Mouseketeer

We were in NYC last weekend (Feb 25) to see How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying and guess who we met? We were waiting in line to get in to the theatre and along came Megan Hilty! It was funny because no one around us seemed to know who she was. She was there ALONE (on a Saturday evening) to see the show also. She was a delight to talk to, took pictures and was extremely sweet to my teenage daughters. She sat in the 3rd row all by herself. After the show we went to the stage door to see Nick Jonas and we saw her go backstage where she stayed for quite a bit. I am thinking there may be something going on between her and Nick Jonas crazy as that sounds.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #52
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

]I loved it, but I really think NBC is stacking the deck making Ivy so dang unlikeable. It seemed like in the pilot we were getting a glimpse of humanity with her- like when she was talking with her mom- but that character just seems so one-dimensional.
And I still Commodore Norrington! His voice just melts me!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #53
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

I have such mixed feelings on this show. I want to love it. And I don't. Yet I can't stop watching.

I don't generally mind characters being grey but something about this one bothers me. Some weeks I feel sympathetic towards Ivy and some weeks I want to slap her. I think I feel that way about everyone!

I like seeing parts of Marilyn but some of the random songs come across weird...which is odd for me to because I like musicals and things like Glee doesn't bother me.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #54
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbumpirates View Post
We were in NYC last weekend (Feb 25) to see How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying and guess who we met? We were waiting in line to get in to the theatre and along came Megan Hilty! It was funny because no one around us seemed to know who she was. She was there ALONE (on a Saturday evening) to see the show also. She was a delight to talk to, took pictures and was extremely sweet to my teenage daughters. She sat in the 3rd row all by herself. After the show we went to the stage door to see Nick Jonas and we saw her go backstage where she stayed for quite a bit. I am thinking there may be something going on between her and Nick Jonas crazy as that sounds.
No, not crazy at all.

Her character on the show is very unlikeable, though.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #55
crazymama
Mouseketeer

I am on the fence with this show. I want to love it but I guess I wish there was more storyline around the production/creation of a major broadway show. It is all so relationship driven. I do enjoy some of that too but I am not loving many of the characters unfortunately. I just love theatre and constantly dabble at the community level so was excited to see a show about the making of a musical. Kind of disappointed so far...
crazymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #56
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

I love it! My new favorite show!

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

2014 Reading Challenge
Currently Reading Book #1 - The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #57
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

I like it well enough, yeah uber-predictable (so far)...but I gotta say, Debra Messing, the pursed lips look, not good for her but then again, at least she hasn't gone the way of Angelica Huston..holy cow...her cheekbones and eyebrows..just too much work done, or soften the hairstyle, someting less Morticia-esque!I do enjoy the behind the scenes theme, wish they would show more of that .
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #58
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville, Reeking Lumstown, Older than Dirtboro, Only post the good ones, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
I like it well enough, yeah uber-predictable (so far)...but I gotta say, Debra Messing, the pursed lips look, not good for her but then again, at least she hasn't gone the way of Angelica Huston..holy cow...her cheekbones and eyebrows..just too much work done, or soften the hairstyle, someting less Morticia-esque!I do enjoy the behind the scenes theme, wish they would show more of that .

The whole time she was out in front of the house I kept yelling "your son is home, stupid!!" - so predictable when they panned up to him watching from the window.

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #59
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
The whole time she was out in front of the house I kept yelling "your son is home, stupid!!" - so predictable when they panned up to him watching from the window.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a blind man could have seen that coming a mile away.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #60
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
well, at least now when the adoption doesn't go thru her son can play hard ball and say it isn't because he was semi-arrested, it is because of her infidelity and again, Ivy's baby will need a home so it all ends well (until the next prduction )
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: