Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #46
disneyma
Can't wait to get back to DVC and Disney....
 
disneyma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Close enough to Disney to be there in a few hours
Posts: 216

Thumbs down Really

So great to finally find out who has been causing so many problems over here.

I invited my friend to this board this week. He was banned because of you?? All because he said hello and introduced himself to the gang of people????

Interesting..... I miss Wally a great deal he gave a weekly chuckle and I appreciate his sense of humor and viewpoint on Disney. It sounds like you are the cause of him going away too.

I can only assume the many of the posts that have been going away is thanks to you reporting them as well.

Sad sad state of affairs.... Off to find my ignore button...
__________________
AP WDW Since 1993
DCL Wonder 4 day April 2004
Magic Western Aug. 2004
Magic Eastern April 2005, April 2007
DVC Proud Owner since 2000
Too many Trips to WDW to mention (100+)
Disneyland August 2001 and 2005, 2006 (x2), 2008
disneyma is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #47
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,378

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The reason I changed my name for awhile was not because I am gay or that my son was ashamed of us..it was because the media assumed we raised him in a gay home which was not fair to his father. But here's the rub: IF the media found anything that I posted and used it, it would have been MY fault because I posted it. I have since learned my lesson and no longer post pictures on here of my family or spill our business. LESSON LEARNED.
__________________
HAPPY DVC OWNERS!

soulmates is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #48
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,378

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I happen to know this man, personally. He is charming, intelligant, creative, loving and engaging. I feel lucky to be counted among his friends and look forward to our vacation with the rest of the "Gang" of evil doers.
__________________
HAPPY DVC OWNERS!

soulmates is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #49
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!
 
zeitzeuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
I seem to remember that you changed user names when your child was being sought after in the media because of his gay moms. I think that move was meant to protect him, was it not? Would you not do anything and everything possible to protect him?

I would, have, and will do everything possible to protect my child too. If that means making keeping that one person off of the DIS, so that he can't continue to do so to my child or anyone elses, then so be it.
Typically, I sit back and watch, but I have to chime in about this because you struck a nerve and ask, Why in the WORLD as a parent, would you not be monitoring where your child goes on the internet? You, as a parent should be controlling what they see and read. It's your responsibility. GLBT forums of any kind, no matter where or what form, are going to have subjects and content at some point that any young child shouldn't read. As a parent, it's YOUR job to monitor what YOUR child sees and reads, not your job to tell grown, consenting adults what they should say and how they should say it. Tattling is what my 5 year old niece does, not what your typical adult would do.

We all got along great on the DIS before your policing the site to "protect your child", when all you had to do was put a block on this site on your computer to keep your own child from going where they shouldn't. Don't blame this forum and it's members for your bad parenting.

Comparing what you're doing to what Soulmates had to do, is comparing apples to oranges. They are NOT the same at all no matter how you try to twist it.
zeitzeuge is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
jenn&nelsonrego
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP Happiness is marrying someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!
 
jenn&nelsonrego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The South Coast of Massachusetts
Posts: 2,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
I happen to know this man, personally. He is charming, intelligant, creative, loving and engaging. I feel lucky to be counted among his friends and look forward to our vacation with the rest of the "Gang" of evil doers.
While I am unable to be a part of said vacation I mirror every other sentiment here. I consider Wally to be a part of my family. I love him dearly as I do Soulmates, Mike, Rosie, Rob (RIP), DVC OKW, etc (I am so sorry if I missed anyone - you all know where my love and loyalty is). These are my friends and you have made our "playground" a horrible place to be. I hope you are proud of yourself.
__________________
jenn&nelsonrego is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #51
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,378

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
Typically, I sit back and watch, but I have to chime in about this because you struck a nerve and ask, Why in the WORLD as a parent, would you not be monitoring where your child goes on the internet? You, as a parent should be controlling what they see and read. It's your responsibility. GLBT forums of any kind, no matter where or what form, are going to have subjects and content at some point that any young child shouldn't read. As a parent, it's YOUR job to monitor what YOUR child sees and reads, not your job to tell grown, consenting adults what they should say and how they should say it. Tattling is what my 5 year old niece does, not what your typical adult would do.

We all got along great on the DIS before your policing the site to "protect your child", when all you had to do was put a block on this site on your computer to keep your own child from going where they shouldn't. Don't blame this forum and it's members for your bad parenting.

Comparing what you're doing to what Soulmates had to do, is comparing apples to oranges. They are NOT the same at all no matter how you try to twist it.
Muah my friend xoxo
__________________
HAPPY DVC OWNERS!

soulmates is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #52
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul
 
starann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hellertown, PA
Posts: 2,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn&nelsonrego View Post
While I am unable to be a part of said vacation I mirror every other sentiment here. I consider Wally to be a part of my family. I love him dearly as I do Soulmates, Mike, Rosie, Rob (RIP), DVC OKW, etc (I am so sorry if I missed anyone - you all know where my love and loyalty is). These are my friends and you have made our "playground" a horrible place to be. I hope you are proud of yourself.
I'm with ya Jen on this one....this is a sad, sad, shell of what it used to be, because someone had a personal vendetta for Wally....Wally, who is the sweetest guy who often brightens my day. Talk about a personal attack, your taste for his blood is what detroyed a great place.
__________________
Star
Momma to
Christopher ^i^ 4-24-98
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
NEW ARRIVAL, Casey 5/13/11

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870

New ticker...coming soon...just not the kind you think!
starann is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
jenn&nelsonrego
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP Happiness is marrying someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!
 
jenn&nelsonrego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The South Coast of Massachusetts
Posts: 2,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
Talk about a personal attack, your taste for his blood is what detroyed a great place.
Yup.
__________________
jenn&nelsonrego is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #54
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.
 
chwgmjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
I'm with ya Jen on this one....this is a sad, sad, shell of what it used to be, because someone had a personal vendetta for Wally....Wally, who is the sweetest guy who often brightens my day. Talk about a personal attack, your taste for his blood is what detroyed a great place.
Ditto

chwgmjay is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
jenn&nelsonrego
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP Happiness is marrying someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!
 
jenn&nelsonrego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The South Coast of Massachusetts
Posts: 2,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
Folks, I am not sure exactly why it is that I am suddenly the megavillain of this board. Apparently, some of you have been lead to believe that I am "out to get insert name of any member of the "old gang" here.

I lurk the DIS way more than I post. I don't post here much anymore, because I found a long time ago that quite a few members of the "old gang" are not the kind of crowd that I really wish to be around and the new folks are not familiar enough to me to really say much to on the board.

I noticed that the "old gang" had popped up on the board a while back. I looked in from time to time to see what stuff was being said because curiosity does get the better of me and there were a few people that (until recently) still respected on this board.

I have kept quiet as I have watched this stuff unfold over the past week or so, particuarly on this thread. I had hoped that all of you folks that complain about judgemental "small minded people" being so evil would get a clue and realize that you are yourselves being judgemental about me. But, since you guys seem intent on beating a dead horse, let me clue you in on a few things.

Yes, on this or any other part of the DISboards, if I see that someone has broken a rule, I will report it. I really don't care if people discuss politics here and I have never and will never report anyone for posting about politics as it pertains to our lives when it is posted to this particular board. I don't agree with the DIS stand on that issue when it comes to this board and I never have from the beginning of the implementation of this rule. However, the rest of the rules exist for a reason and typically those rules exist to keep peace. This board is owned to generate business for a travel agency. It's supposed to be a family friendly place to be. We are very fortunate to have been given a GLBT friendly space on a Disney oriented messageboard. It's a shame that some folks feel that sexually charge innuendo should be the way to express themselves here, but they made the choice. The powers that be seem to condone it here, so who am I to say anything to anyone here about it being that I am not an official representative of the DIS.

As for my oversharing in the past, yes, I made several decision to share here and on the CB in the past, that have caused me some unneeded and unwarranted drama on the DIS. You will never fully understand the situation that I was in when I posted that stuff. You will never understand how valuable that info was as a record when we went to court to show where our heads were at throughout those months of uncertainty. Honestly, had I read the same stuff posted by anyone else, I would have been publically polite and "held the poster's hand", and privately probably rolled my eyes and prayed for them anyway. It was not fun stuff to go through. It was even less stuff to go through without much of a system of support because I was asked to not discuss it among our friends or with my coworkers for fear of some of the people involved finding out what we knew or had planned. Add to all of that the fact that it was happening in another state with my partner down in that other state more than at home, I was using the one outlet that I had to "let it out" with some sense of it still being anonymous, get some prayers for the little one's health and safety, and a little sanity from being able to let it out, because it was a lot to bare. I wish that people could just be nice and not try to use these things against another person later on, I know that one on one, a person can be nice, but people as a group are reactionary and tend to lean toward the mean side rather than giving someone a fair shake, which is just a sad fact of the nature of humans.

Yes, I have a problem with one person that was a member of the "old gang". He no longer is eligible to post here, from what I understand. I didn't force him to post anything that may have been a part of the reason why he is no longer allowed to post here. I didn't tell him to commit filter violations. I didn't tell him to make a personal attack. I didn't tell him to make snarky comments that were attacks on my weight, my use of a mobility scooter, or my child. Yes, I am HUGE. Yes, I use a mobility scooter due to a skin blistering problem and also due to the damage done to my left leg when it was infected a few years ago. These things didn't bother me that much, but when someone sinks so low as to bring that precious little one into it, well that is about as low as anyone can go in my book and I lost complete and total respect for that man at that point. You can attack me up one side and down the other, but leave my baby out of it! Given this behavior, I really never want to see him on the DIS again, because if he is willing to sink that low once, he is most likely willing to go there repeatedly. While I am his current target of choice, I would like to hope that if he can't get to me, he won't be able to get to anyone else in the future. There is no need for anyone to have to deal with that sort of loathesome behavior.

For the record, I am happy. I have my partner of almost 13 years that loves me as much as I love her. We have the little one to raise. I have a job that I love. My MIL passed away a couple of weeks ago after years of constant pain and failing health, but while her passing was a sad event, it was also a blessing being that she is no longer in pain and we know that she is in a better place, finally. With her passing too, we are finally getting time to be a real family with time to enjoy our little family, our friends, and each other. It's wonderful. I wish everyone here could know that kind of love and peace.

I am going to refrain from posting here again, unless it's called for due to the actions of others or is requested. I am happy that you folks have another playground to go post your naughty innuendo on and I hope you enjoy it. I am sure that some of you will have a lot of fun tearing this message apart and taking from it what you will to say that I am crazy, petty, or whatever. In the end, I just don't care. I haven't made this board my home in a long time, so you can quit beat this dead, fat, lame, old, crazy horse, because she just doesn't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
This seems like an imperative post to respond to.....

How would anyone know who to blame for certain reports happening, if the hostess didn't tell them who was behind them, since the reporting system is anonymous? hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
No, I didn't post when Rob died. I hope Rob is in a better place and all, but he was not my friend. He didn't care for me and it was sort of a mutual thing. Sorry, but it's the truth.

I think my most recent post before my postings today was to the thread where the lesbians went to WDW and had the video up. I haven't noticed that anyone has had any kids, deaths, or anniversaries lately. I have been a little too busy to get too in depth with my involvement on this board.

Tips or advice, well, again, not really much to say there that others haven't already covered. So why say it again!?!?

What counts as entertainment to you and others doesn't necessarily count as the sort of family friendly entertainment that I was told that was expected from us, as posters, here on the DIS. I got in trouble long ago with WebmasterKathy for posting some innuendo over on another board. I learned my lesson from that error in judgement. I haven't gone there again on the DIS because it has no place here, or so I was taught.

I have been a little busy raising a child, while working from home, and dealing with the terminal illness and death of my MIL and all of the stuff that goes along with settling an estate. It's not like I have had time to get real chummy on the DIS with anyone. Life happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
I seem to remember that you changed user names when your child was being sought after in the media because of his gay moms. I think that move was meant to protect him, was it not? Would you not do anything and everything possible to protect him?

I would, have, and will do everything possible to protect my child too. If that means making keeping that one person off of the DIS, so that he can't continue to do so to my child or anyone elses, then so be it.
Just figured I would quote these for posterity and in case they get edited. Of course, if they get poofed or my post gets deleted, that'll be a whole other story.
__________________
jenn&nelsonrego is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #56
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran
 
C&G'sMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 1,648

Wow, I am very disappointed to hear this.

I may not always agree with everyone or they with me but I'd like to think we have mutual respect. If I don't like what someone says than I ignore it, it's not my place to report anything.

As an aside, I never found anything anyone posted here offensive, the CB is another issue but again, I ignore it.

As for things that don't belong on a family board. Again, as a mom, I don't get it. It's up to me to monitor what my kids see and don't see it's not up to posters to censor yourselves.

I feel it's very sad that the spirit of this board has been taken away.
__________________
Me DP DD(13) DS(10)


"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #57
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund
 
NHdisneylover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Heidelberg, Germany (formally from New Hampshire)
Posts: 13,305

I don't know what was said that upset anyone

I personally think Wally is one of the nicest, friendliest, most welcoming people I have the good fortune to know. Rob was even MORE friendly and welcoming--the person who always made me feel like I was wanted here. I cannot fathom what would have to transpire to have Rob not like someone--but I have a hard time thinking of Rob as any kind of a bad guy in such a scenario.

I have two kids. They are 13 and 15. That means the youngest is only this year old enough to be allowed on the DIS as a poster. I think it is my job to say where they can and cannot go on the internet. I think that the level of not totally in your face, but more "sophisticated" innuendo that I always saw here was FINE and totally to be expected on a "family friendly" but only over 13 allowed to register board and especially on a GLBT subsection of said board. It was mild, silly and fun and never anything I personally would have an issue with my kids seeing, and if I did I would simply tell them to steer clear of this sight. That's the way I parent, I do not tell the world to change for my children, I prepare them to be out in the world.

Besides, honestly, I can think of few better role models for my kdis than the kind, fun loving, welcoming, comfortable with who they are people like Wally, Soulmates, Jen, Mike, etc.

As far as reporting things go? I have never understood the people on the DIS (generally the CB) who seem to get a kick out of "tattling" I report clear spam and i once reported a post which had a link to a photo album of Disney art that also had porn (the real deal) in it. But anything less, like jokes, or people disagreeing (even in a rude way) or politics or religion, well I think I am a grown up and if i don;'t like it I can leave the thread--I don't need to turn into a kindergartner and make someone else stop it.

Oh, and the double standard whereby one disagrees with the rules about politics so therefore ignores them but agrees with other rules and therefore enforces them (and beyond what the intent seems to be even) is just wrong on so many levels
__________________
Hadley

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.
 
kingLouiethe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,592

Is there a name for the type of crazy that you have?
kingLouiethe1 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #59
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,378

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Narcissism
__________________
HAPPY DVC OWNERS!

soulmates is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #60
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,378

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I don't know what was said that upset anyone

I personally think Wally is one of the nicest, friendliest, most welcoming people I have the good fortune to know. Rob was even MORE friendly and welcoming--the person who always made me feel like I was wanted here. I cannot fathom what would have to transpire to have Rob not like someone--but I have a hard time thinking of Rob as any kind of a bad guy in such a scenario.

I have two kids. They are 13 and 15. That means the youngest is only this year old enough to be allowed on the DIS as a poster. I think it is my job to say where they can and cannot go on the internet. I think that the level of not totally in your face, but more "sophisticated" innuendo that I always saw here was FINE and totally to be expected on a "family friendly" but only over 13 allowed to register board and especially on a GLBT subsection of said board. It was mild, silly and fun and never anything I personally would have an issue with my kids seeing, and if I did I would simply tell them to steer clear of this sight. That's the way I parent, I do not tell the world to change for my children, I prepare them to be out in the world.

Besides, honestly, I can think of few better role models for my kdis than the kind, fun loving, welcoming, comfortable with who they are people like Wally, Soulmates, Jen, Mike, etc.

As far as reporting things go? I have never understood the people on the DIS (generally the CB) who seem to get a kick out of "tattling" I report clear spam and i once reported a post which had a link to a photo album of Disney art that also had porn (the real deal) in it. But anything less, like jokes, or people disagreeing (even in a rude way) or politics or religion, well I think I am a grown up and if i don;'t like it I can leave the thread--I don't need to turn into a kindergartner and make someone else stop it.

Oh, and the double standard whereby one disagrees with the rules about politics so therefore ignores them but agrees with other rules and therefore enforces them (and beyond what the intent seems to be even) is just wrong on so many levels
Hadley,

You're just too sweet!
__________________
HAPPY DVC OWNERS!

soulmates is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.