Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #31
Peepster

Earning My Ears

Oh, it's so good to see all you kids riled up again! That's the spirit! Carry on, carry on.

Don't worry, in my many, many years of experience on this earth I've found that small minds tire quickly. But do be careful of using phrases that contain words like "walking abreast" as small minds frequently miscontstrue your intent and it takes hours with a Funk & Wagnalls to convey your interpretation.

I've missed you all...

Auntie Peep
Old 02-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

Hi Peepster! Nasty stuff going on around here... not sure what is up, but it will end up killing what little is left of this board.

Of course, it's pretty clear; that is exactly what someone wants to have happen.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #33
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepster View Post
Oh, it's so good to see all you kids riled up again! That's the spirit! Carry on, carry on.

Don't worry, in my many, many years of experience on this earth I've found that small minds tire quickly. But do be careful of using phrases that contain words like "walking abreast" as small minds frequently miscontstrue your intent and it takes hours with a Funk & Wagnalls to convey your interpretation.

I've missed you all...

Auntie Peep
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Yay!!! A voice of reason.

The crap that's going on around here makes me want to pull a George Carlin...you know 7 words you can't say on the Dis.....

HEINEY HOLES!!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #35
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Rosie,

I concur. That is exactly why I rarely come over here and play...it just doesn't have the same spirit that it once had. When I first started posting here on this board, the people who immediatly made me feel WELCOMED and apart of the group, were WallyB and Rob. I jumped right in and made some amazing friends. This fall, we'll finally meet and I can't wait. You guys have been my "Other" family and I'm so thankful. I just wish the few bad apples would go away...get a life, a job, stop all the mindless garbage. We don't care about the history of your crazy family, we don't want to read any rap sheets or find out who's being drug tested this week. Come on, it's the DIS boards for crying out loud. Who in their right mind posts ALLLL their personal life history anyway? For now, I look forward to the fall and hold tight the memories of better times.

Last edited by soulmates; 02-21-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

It's like being invited to a party. You walk in and dont say a word to anyone. NOTHING! Not about their kids, their recent death in the family, their new job, NOTHING! Then you get up and go spit in the punch bowl!

Then you have the gall to go to the hostess and complain that people are talking about you!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

Folks, I am not sure exactly why it is that I am suddenly the megavillain of this board. Apparently, some of you have been lead to believe that I am "out to get insert name of any member of the "old gang" here.

I lurk the DIS way more than I post. I don't post here much anymore, because I found a long time ago that quite a few members of the "old gang" are not the kind of crowd that I really wish to be around and the new folks are not familiar enough to me to really say much to on the board.

I noticed that the "old gang" had popped up on the board a while back. I looked in from time to time to see what stuff was being said because curiosity does get the better of me and there were a few people that (until recently) still respected on this board.

I have kept quiet as I have watched this stuff unfold over the past week or so, particuarly on this thread. I had hoped that all of you folks that complain about judgemental "small minded people" being so evil would get a clue and realize that you are yourselves being judgemental about me. But, since you guys seem intent on beating a dead horse, let me clue you in on a few things.

Yes, on this or any other part of the DISboards, if I see that someone has broken a rule, I will report it. I really don't care if people discuss politics here and I have never and will never report anyone for posting about politics as it pertains to our lives when it is posted to this particular board. I don't agree with the DIS stand on that issue when it comes to this board and I never have from the beginning of the implementation of this rule. However, the rest of the rules exist for a reason and typically those rules exist to keep peace. This board is owned to generate business for a travel agency. It's supposed to be a family friendly place to be. We are very fortunate to have been given a GLBT friendly space on a Disney oriented messageboard. It's a shame that some folks feel that sexually charge innuendo should be the way to express themselves here, but they made the choice. The powers that be seem to condone it here, so who am I to say anything to anyone here about it being that I am not an official representative of the DIS.

As for my oversharing in the past, yes, I made several decision to share here and on the CB in the past, that have caused me some unneeded and unwarranted drama on the DIS. You will never fully understand the situation that I was in when I posted that stuff. You will never understand how valuable that info was as a record when we went to court to show where our heads were at throughout those months of uncertainty. Honestly, had I read the same stuff posted by anyone else, I would have been publically polite and "held the poster's hand", and privately probably rolled my eyes and prayed for them anyway. It was not fun stuff to go through. It was even less stuff to go through without much of a system of support because I was asked to not discuss it among our friends or with my coworkers for fear of some of the people involved finding out what we knew or had planned. Add to all of that the fact that it was happening in another state with my partner down in that other state more than at home, I was using the one outlet that I had to "let it out" with some sense of it still being anonymous, get some prayers for the little one's health and safety, and a little sanity from being able to let it out, because it was a lot to bare. I wish that people could just be nice and not try to use these things against another person later on, I know that one on one, a person can be nice, but people as a group are reactionary and tend to lean toward the mean side rather than giving someone a fair shake, which is just a sad fact of the nature of humans.

Yes, I have a problem with one person that was a member of the "old gang". He no longer is eligible to post here, from what I understand. I didn't force him to post anything that may have been a part of the reason why he is no longer allowed to post here. I didn't tell him to commit filter violations. I didn't tell him to make a personal attack. I didn't tell him to make snarky comments that were attacks on my weight, my use of a mobility scooter, or my child. Yes, I am HUGE. Yes, I use a mobility scooter due to a skin blistering problem and also due to the damage done to my left leg when it was infected a few years ago. These things didn't bother me that much, but when someone sinks so low as to bring that precious little one into it, well that is about as low as anyone can go in my book and I lost complete and total respect for that man at that point. You can attack me up one side and down the other, but leave my baby out of it! Given this behavior, I really never want to see him on the DIS again, because if he is willing to sink that low once, he is most likely willing to go there repeatedly. While I am his current target of choice, I would like to hope that if he can't get to me, he won't be able to get to anyone else in the future. There is no need for anyone to have to deal with that sort of loathesome behavior.

For the record, I am happy. I have my partner of almost 13 years that loves me as much as I love her. We have the little one to raise. I have a job that I love. My MIL passed away a couple of weeks ago after years of constant pain and failing health, but while her passing was a sad event, it was also a blessing being that she is no longer in pain and we know that she is in a better place, finally. With her passing too, we are finally getting time to be a real family with time to enjoy our little family, our friends, and each other. It's wonderful. I wish everyone here could know that kind of love and peace.

I am going to refrain from posting here again, unless it's called for due to the actions of others or is requested. I am happy that you folks have another playground to go post your naughty innuendo on and I hope you enjoy it. I am sure that some of you will have a lot of fun tearing this message apart and taking from it what you will to say that I am crazy, petty, or whatever. In the end, I just don't care. I haven't made this board my home in a long time, so you can quit beat this dead, fat, lame, old, crazy horse, because she just doesn't care.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #38
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

going on with my fufilled happy life and not loosing one once of sleep!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #39
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Did you post when Rob passed? NO!

Did you post when people had kids, or celebrated special milestones in their life? NO!

Do you ever post with advice or tips? NO!

But boy howdy, let someone say something a little off color once and a while to make people laugh, or have a better day, and you pounce all over it!

You reap what you sow.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #40
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post

Did you post when people had kids, or celebrated special milestones in their life? NO!

But boy howdy, let someone say something a little off color once and a while to make people laugh, or have a better day, and you pounce all over it!

You reap what you sow.
Well played Sir, well played
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
mickeysaver
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Quote:
It's like being invited to a party. You walk in and dont say a word to anyone. NOTHING! Not about their kids, their recent death in the family, their new job, NOTHING! Then you get up and go spit in the punch bowl!

Then you have the gall to go to the hostess and complain that people are talking about you!
This seems like an imperative post to respond to.....

How would anyone know who to blame for certain reports happening, if the hostess didn't tell them who was behind them, since the reporting system is anonymous? hmmm
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
mickeysaver
I am a LARGE toddler!

Quote:

You reap what you sow.
No, I didn't post when Rob died. I hope Rob is in a better place and all, but he was not my friend. He didn't care for me and it was sort of a mutual thing. Sorry, but it's the truth.

I think my most recent post before my postings today was to the thread where the lesbians went to WDW and had the video up. I haven't noticed that anyone has had any kids, deaths, or anniversaries lately. I have been a little too busy to get too in depth with my involvement on this board.

Tips or advice, well, again, not really much to say there that others haven't already covered. So why say it again!?!?

What counts as entertainment to you and others doesn't necessarily count as the sort of family friendly entertainment that I was told that was expected from us, as posters, here on the DIS. I got in trouble long ago with WebmasterKathy for posting some innuendo over on another board. I learned my lesson from that error in judgement. I haven't gone there again on the DIS because it has no place here, or so I was taught.

I have been a little busy raising a child, while working from home, and dealing with the terminal illness and death of my MIL and all of the stuff that goes along with settling an estate. It's not like I have had time to get real chummy on the DIS with anyone. Life happens.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Curious ^^^^^ if all that you say is true, then why are you bothered by all of this? You say you hardly have time for the boards, then why come at all? Why invest so much of your time and energy to a place where clearly you are not, ahhhhh, very well liked? Just stating the obvious here.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
TuckandStuiesMom
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
I'm back to wearin' my babushka, and takin' the slow boat to Elbonia

Honestly Maggie! This whole kerfuffle was started by you, yourself. Thank you at least for FINALLY coming out of the shadows and speaking openly to us at last.

As far as who said what to whom... JEEZ LOUISE! It didn't exactly take Albert Einstein to figure out who was behind people getting points and posts magically disappearing around here. I think we all remember your short stint as a MOD and the housecleaning you tried to do then.

Wally livened this place up and never in a mean way. This was a fun place to come and visit. We talked Disney, supported each other, developed deep friendships and most of all, learned we are all more alike than we are different.

You know what? I am just sorry for you is all. That's it. I'm outa here.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #45
mickeysaver
I am a LARGE toddler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Curious ^^^^^ if all that you say is true, then why are you bothered by all of this? You say you hardly have time for the boards, then why come at all? Why invest so much of your time and energy to a place where clearly you are not, ahhhhh, very well liked? Just stating the obvious here.
I seem to remember that you changed user names when your child was being sought after in the media because of his gay moms. I think that move was meant to protect him, was it not? Would you not do anything and everything possible to protect him?

I would, have, and will do everything possible to protect my child too. If that means making keeping that one person off of the DIS, so that he can't continue to do so to my child or anyone elses, then so be it.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: