Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #106
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Your DH looks like he's ready for the Safari!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Last edited by Lidian; 02-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #107
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Your DH looks like he's ready for the Safari!
Yes, I am quite sure that hat will be going with us on this year's trip as well. He got that hat when we took our 2006 FL vacation. Vacation time is the only time he wears it...
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #108
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Starting tonight this week is going to be CRAZY for me! Here is what my week will look like...

Tonight: Celebrate Recovery (an addiction ministry DH and I lead every Friday night at our church)

Saturday night: Family Game Night party at a friend's house

Sunday: Church in the AM and then Pizza and Movie night at church that evening

Tuesday: Planning, cooking and serving meal for 40 college students at the BCM house on campus (Baptist Collegiate Ministries)

Wednesday: "My boss" is hosting an annual math contest on campus for 100 high school students. ("my boss"- meaning I do all the work, and she is the face of it ) Then I will get home around 5pm only to have our church home group show up at my house at 6:30pm for Wednesday Bible study.

Thursday: DH and I have a date night to go see the Nasvhille Predators play hockey. Dinner and Hockey. Face off is at 7pm, so we will not get home until about 10:30 or 11 since Nashville is 45 mins away.

Friday: Back to Celebrate Recovery, only this night will be our monthly fellowship...that I am in charge of. Dinner for 30 folks at 6pm. Oh- and our oldest DD is going to a youth conference next weekend, so I must also help her get her stuff packed and ready for that...

Did I mention my week will be CRAZY?!?!?

I could use lots "prayers and pixie dust"....better yet, best to send those prayers and pixie dust to my family, since I will be the crazy woman running around yelling at everyone!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #109
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

WOW! That is a busy week! but alot of it sounds like fun! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
momtoccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #110
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

NEW SNACK ALERT!!! Disney Food Blog just did a review on a snack that looks DELICIOUS!!! The cost is high, but reviewer said it is enough food to justify using a CS credit with the DDP! Check out this yummy goodness...

Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Poppers at Epcot's Refreshment Port

Here is a link to the review:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...reshment-port/

Will any of you add this to your "must try" list?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #111
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Mmmmm, those cheddar chicken poppers look good, to bad spicy food does a number to my stomach. (trust me it isn't pretty)

Your DAK plans look great. I am with you, I can't go here without doing KS. I have been reading a TR and she went to DAK and EE, PW, and ITTBaB and than left. And here I am thinking, "What about Kilaminjaro Safari? You can't do Animal Kingdom with out doing the safari!"

I have not done Dinosaur either, but I am hoping to be able to try it this time. I love these kind of rides.

We only just found Dino land this last trip but only did the dig site. My DS didn't want to do Dinosaur, thought TS was to babyish (though he did Dumbo and Aladdin ) and PW is a ride I can not go on. There is a similar ride at Six Flags Great America that Liam loves so I have gone on it a couple times with him. When it is just the two of us it doesn't spin as much and I feel sick but I am OK. Once a man and his son got on with us and we spun so much that I told Liam it was time to go after the ride. Luckily there was a BK bag in the car.

Where are those cupcakes, they look so yummy that I am salivating just looking at them. I need cupcake!!!!

Good luck with your busy week, sending you and the family some extra pixie dust.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #112
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, I am quite sure that hat will be going with us on this year's trip as well. He got that hat when we took our 2006 FL vacation. Vacation time is the only time he wears it...
My DH bought an Indy Jones hat in 2009. He only wears it when we go to WDW.

Quote:
Starting tonight this week is going to be CRAZY for me! Here is what my week will look like...

Tonight: Celebrate Recovery (an addiction ministry DH and I lead every Friday night at our church)

Saturday night: Family Game Night party at a friend's house

Sunday: Church in the AM and then Pizza and Movie night at church that evening

Tuesday: Planning, cooking and serving meal for 40 college students at the BCM house on campus (Baptist Collegiate Ministries)

Wednesday: "My boss" is hosting an annual math contest on campus for 100 high school students. ("my boss"- meaning I do all the work, and she is the face of it ) Then I will get home around 5pm only to have our church home group show up at my house at 6:30pm for Wednesday Bible study.

Thursday: DH and I have a date night to go see the Nasvhille Predators play hockey. Dinner and Hockey. Face off is at 7pm, so we will not get home until about 10:30 or 11 since Nashville is 45 mins away.

Friday: Back to Celebrate Recovery, only this night will be our monthly fellowship...that I am in charge of. Dinner for 30 folks at 6pm. Oh- and our oldest DD is going to a youth conference next weekend, so I must also help her get her stuff packed and ready for that...

Did I mention my week will be CRAZY?!?!?

I could use lots "prayers and pixie dust"....better yet, best to send those prayers and pixie dust to my family, since I will be the crazy woman running around yelling at everyone!
WOW! Your week sounds busy like mine! Only ... not so much cooking and running. I have DD's birthday party tomorrow and tests to cram for.

Since I'm a college student, can I come Tuesday night?

Hope you can find some time to nap or something in there.

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #113
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Those chicken poppers look AMAZING! OMG! I have to have those!!! (Why don't they have a drool smilie??)

You are getting close!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #114
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Oh m'Gosh you guys.... LOOK AT OUR TICKERS!!!!!!!

We are so close!!!!

Quote:
ROFL... DH bought one too... He has all of his Star Wars pins on it... "Judge me for my size, do you?" LOL

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #115
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

We are so close!!!!

ROFL... DH bought one too... He has all of his Star Wars pins on it... "Judge me for my size, do you?" LOL

D~
So am I understanding correctly? Your DH has an Indiana Jones hat with Star Wars pins on it?

Something seems wrong about this ....

Old 02-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #116
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
So am I understanding correctly? Your DH has an Indiana Jones hat with Star Wars pins on it?

Something seems wrong about this ....
ROFL... Yes, he does. THere's a pic of him wearing it I just posted on my PTR this morning.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #117
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ROFL... Yes, he does. THere's a pic of him wearing it I just posted on my PTR this morning.

D~
I gotta see this ... and I gotta show my DH ...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #118
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Where are those cupcakes, they look so yummy that I am salivating just looking at them. I need cupcake!!!!

Good luck with your busy week, sending you and the family some extra pixie dust.
Thanks Corrine. Those cupcakes can be found at the Kusafiri Bakery at AK. I do believe one will be enough to share with the whole family, LOL!

Quote:

WOW! Your week sounds busy like mine! Only ... not so much cooking and running. I have DD's birthday party tomorrow and tests to cram for.

Since I'm a college student, can I come Tuesday night?

Hope you can find some time to nap or something in there.
Oh, our DH's are gonna get along great in their vacation hats!

I am actually serving lunch at BCM tomorrow... come on over and get out of the cold. I will be serving: a variety of soups, crackers, corn muffins and desserts. Come get your belly full!

Oh a nap would be divine... The kids are off school today for Pres Day and DH doesn't start his new schedule til NEXT Monday, so he is off too. When I left for work, all of them were still in bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
You are getting close!!!
17 DAYS!!! If I can get past this week, I will be golden..it will be downhill from there.

Quote:

We are so close!!!!

D~

Love that Yoda quote!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have only gotten past the weekend and I am already so exhausted! I woke up at least 5 times last night, and every time I woke up my brain just kept reminding me of all the stuff I have to do this week, and all the details I needed to get ironed out so that everything will run smoothly... Disney just cannot come soon enough, Friends!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #119
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I need to give my brain an escape from reality, so let's talk Disney, shall we? Here is the to-do list I have going:

* Items left to purchase- Hairspray in a pump, snacks and breakfast items, Purex 3 in 1 sheets
*Have DH get luggage down from attic
*Pack checked bags and carry-ons
*Call Park-n-Fly to see how long before take-off we need to be there to park car for the week
*Ask in-laws to check on cat while we are away
*Book worship band to lead at Celebrate Recovery while we are away
*Online check-in (one week from today )
*Purchase balloons for surprise reveal
*Find large enough box for balloons
*Flight check-in

I am sure other things will come to mind between now and then, but that is a lot to focus on for now...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #120
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Corrine. Those cupcakes can be found at the Kusafiri Bakery at AK. I do believe one will be enough to share with the whole family, LOL!
Sorry, but I don't know the meaning of share. I'll be having one... or three ... all to myself!

Quote:
Oh, our DH's are gonna get along great in their vacation hats!

I am actually serving lunch at BCM tomorrow... come on over and get out of the cold. I will be serving: a variety of soups, crackers, corn muffins and desserts. Come get your belly full!

Oh a nap would be divine... The kids are off school today for Pres Day and DH doesn't start his new schedule til NEXT Monday, so he is off too. When I left for work, all of them were still in bed!
I am so on my way!

The kids were off school today as well. Dad came over and sat with DS while I went to my AM class, then mom came up and sat with DS while I went to my afternoon class. DH almost called in, but I called him a wuss, so he dressed and went to work.

Quote:
17 DAYS!!! If I can get past this week, I will be golden..it will be downhill from there.
You can do it!!!

Quote:
Love that Yoda quote!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have only gotten past the weekend and I am already so exhausted! I woke up at least 5 times last night, and every time I woke up my brain just kept reminding me of all the stuff I have to do this week, and all the details I needed to get ironed out so that everything will run smoothly... Disney just cannot come soon enough, Friends!
I hate when my brain can't shut down long enough for a rest. I hope you can get some rest in, soon!!!

Quote:
I need to give my brain an escape from reality, so let's talk Disney, shall we? Here is the to-do list I have going:

* Items left to purchase- Hairspray in a pump, snacks and breakfast items, Purex 3 in 1 sheets
*Have DH get luggage down from attic
*Pack checked bags and carry-ons
*Call Park-n-Fly to see how long before take-off we need to be there to park car for the week
*Ask in-laws to check on cat while we are away
*Book worship band to lead at Celebrate Recovery while we are away
*Online check-in (one week from today )
*Purchase balloons for surprise reveal
*Find large enough box for balloons
*Flight check-in

I am sure other things will come to mind between now and then, but that is a lot to focus on for now...
That's all?

G'luck on getting your "todo" list whittled down.

So are you going to do online check-in then? I've been debating on if I want to do it or not .... I absolutely love online ... but ... not decided if I want to do it or not this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: