Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #91
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
"That is a huge drink... I would be interested to hear about the other adult beverages you recommend. I am thinking I might need to have an emergency list in my bag, if the girls can't get along. ROFL. "

Yep, that Lapu Lapu is NO JOKE!! And the amt of liquor in it isn't either..
I enjoy the Lapu Lapu(The Poly), the Grand Marnier Slushie (France), The Welsh Dragon (UK), and the Pina Colava (everywhere there's a bar)

Just to name a few..no really, these are the drinks that I have come to love at WDW!! The Pina Colava is wonderful poolside...and all the pool bars make it. When you are there for a week it's not a lot of drinking if you have one of each...I just have to remind myself that it's only ONE of each!
Awesome!! THanks for the list... I've heard of the Grand Mariner Slushie... Can you tell me more about that one?? Is it fruity??

I might have to bring an extra GC just for trying some of these drinks. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I wish I got paid royalties. If they'd pay me $0.50 for everytime I've shown that picture ... I'd show it a million more times and get rich.

Sorry that you had a bad experience at Sci Fi. We had great service, our food came out in a timely manner, we had to wait less than 2 minutes for a table, we had hitchhikers, and we loved the movie reels they showed. Our server was just an average server (she said she had the keys to dad's liquor cabinet, which confused me being at a drive-in ... maybe she usually works at 50s?), and she didn't annoy us with any spiels. I would go back in a heartbeat.

That would be awesome if there was an "Aunt Liddy's Pot Roast" dish.

I'm sure it would look like this:

I think DH said he was going to try the sampler this year. It's a TON of food!!!! You know, maybe that's what we should order and split since it will ben an OOP meal. I'll take the pot roast, DD can have the chicken, DH can have the meatloaf.

If you brave the sampler, I want to see before and after pics! And you HAVE to text me to tell me how much you loved Aunt Liddy's Pot Roast.
Oooh - I just checked - they do have the sampler... That would solve my problem of "what to order" because those are 3 of the things I was considering. LOL BUt I'll bet that is a lot of food - and the fact that I plan to order a PB&J malt for sure... Maybe I should just rent a dolly for the week, then the girls can just roll me from restaurant to restaurant?? LOL

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #92
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awesome!! THanks for the list... I've heard of the Grand Mariner Slushie... Can you tell me more about that one?? Is it fruity??

I might have to bring an extra GC just for trying some of these drinks. LOL

Oooh - I just checked - they do have the sampler... That would solve my problem of "what to order" because those are 3 of the things I was considering. LOL BUt I'll bet that is a lot of food - and the fact that I plan to order a PB&J malt for sure... Maybe I should just rent a dolly for the week, then the girls can just roll me from restaurant to restaurant?? LOL

D~
I think you should rent whatever you need, so long as you eat my famous pot roast.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #93
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
I think you should rent whatever you need, so long as you eat my famous pot roast.
Do you think they will look at me funny if I order "Liddy's famous Pot Roast"? They'll probably deliver it to me burnt then...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #94
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day to my Dis Friends!!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #95
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Do you think they will look at me funny if I order "Liddy's famous Pot Roast"? They'll probably deliver it to me burnt then...

D~
Oh, I'm sure they'll know exactly what you ordered .... and yes, the real one does come burnt.

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #96
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Happy Valentine's Day to my Dis Friends!!!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #97
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

We are now on Day 6 plans, right? Day 6 is March 13th...our last full day at Disney.

On this day we will be headed to another Kingdom...

Last year was our first visit to Animal Kingdom. We didn't get to do everything, so this day will be full of firsts! There are a few things on our must do list that will be repeats, let's look at those first...

Can you go to AK without doing the safari? I am sure you can, but we will not. BTW- have you seen the article about changes taking place to the zebra habitat so that they will be more visible?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...nimal-kingdom/

Too bad it won't be finished for this visit.

We will also have to do this (more than once I am sure):

Our two younger children will not go on this, so whichever parent is not on EE with DD12 will have "Frick and Frack" (as we affectionately we refer to them) over in this area:

the Boneyard will actually be a first for us!

I THINK these will be the only repeats...we shall see. On to our "firsts":

Can you figure out which "land" we did not hit at all last March? Yep, we have never seen Dinoland!

We will also see this for the first time:

Here are our must do eats of the day:

Lunch

Snacks-okay, maybe not ALL THREE of them...

And dinner ADR's...

Sanaa
7:40 pm

I am hoping for one of these tables:

and before I leave AKL, I must pick up some of these to have for breakfast the next morning:

Zebra Domes- found at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Stay tuned for departure day plans...will we have park time???
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #98
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

I love being able to try new things! I don't expect us to ever ride Dinosaur, though. I have heard that it's pretty jerky and I have a bad back...don't want to ruin the whole vacation over one ride.
Those cakes look soooo cool, I have never seen them before...so neat!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #99
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

Are you planning on taking all your kids on Dinosaur ride? I can't decide whether to take Camryn or not...

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
momtoccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #100
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
I love being able to try new things! I don't expect us to ever ride Dinosaur, though. I have heard that it's pretty jerky and I have a bad back...don't want to ruin the whole vacation over one ride.
Those cakes look soooo cool, I have never seen them before...so neat!
I don't go on fast, spinning rides because I get extremely nauseous. I have been told I look like I am suffering a hangover when I get off stuff like the teacups, playground merry-go-rounds, etc. Sooo, that being said, I understand why you wouldn't want to go on Dinosaur! Come to think of if, I may want to opt out of Primeval Whirl for myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
Are you planning on taking all your kids on Dinosaur ride? I can't decide whether to take Camryn or not...
That is going to be the question of the hour. Since none of us have been on it, I am not sure which kids can handle it and which cannot. DD12 is a daredevil and will go on ANYTHING and love it. Our DD9 is a big scaredy cat, so she may not want to try it. DS is pretty brave and willing to try new things easily, but what if we get him on it and it is too much for him? Then he may not trust us to take him on any other new things...
Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #101
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is going to be the question of the hour. Since none of us have been on it, I am not sure which kids can handle it and which cannot. DD12 is a daredevil and will go on ANYTHING and love it. Our DD9 is a big scaredy cat, so she may not want to try it. DS is pretty brave and willing to try new things easily, but what if we get him on it and it is too much for him? Then he may not trust us to take him on any other new things...
This is one ride my 7yr olds LOVE ! But, it IS pretty scary at times. (scares the bejeezes out of ME !). But mine have also been going on it since they were really little and so they're used to it now. It's a lot of fun once you get past the whole scariness of it though and one of our favs !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #102
Lidian
DIS Veteran

We've been into DinoLand, but we've never ridden anything. I think DH has requested Dinosaur this year. So him and DD will ride and DS and I will play at the Boneyard (or ride Triceratops Spin). I've been waffling on if I should try Primeval Whirl. I suffer from pretty nasty motion sickness (but take Bonine every AM). My mom's friend rode it in 2009 and she swears I'd be okay ... but I dunno. It was closed last year (and I think the year before?). I just dunno. I do know that I won't ride Dinosaur, as I saw the youtube videos and it creeps me out. So DS and I will skip (he's a big scaredy-cat) and we'll find something else to do.

I absolutely love FTBBQ, so I'm jealous you'll enjoy it and I won't. We have lunch at TH and dinner at 1900 ... so no FTBBQ for us.

I saw the changes for KS, and I'm so thankful it won't interfere with the attraction! I think I would have cancelled if KS was going to be closed, too.

You'll have to explain the tables to me .... tiny picture, never been to Sanaa, not sure what's special about the tables you pictured.

Why not all three cupcakes? Calories don't count while at WDW.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #103
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
This is one ride my 7yr olds LOVE ! But, it IS pretty scary at times. (scares the bejeezes out of ME !). But mine have also been going on it since they were really little and so they're used to it now. It's a lot of fun once you get past the whole scariness of it though and one of our favs !
I just watched part of the youtube video, and I am 99.9% certain DD9 would freak out on us if we took her on that! Still not sure about DS5. We wil just have to play it by ear...

Quote:
We've been into DinoLand, but we've never ridden anything. I think DH has requested Dinosaur this year. So him and DD will ride and DS and I will play at the Boneyard (or ride Triceratops Spin). I've been waffling on if I should try Primeval Whirl. I suffer from pretty nasty motion sickness (but take Bonine every AM). My mom's friend rode it in 2009 and she swears I'd be okay ... but I dunno. It was closed last year (and I think the year before?). I just dunno. I do know that I won't ride Dinosaur, as I saw the youtube videos and it creeps me out. So DS and I will skip (he's a big scaredy-cat) and we'll find something else to do.

I absolutely love FTBBQ, so I'm jealous you'll enjoy it and I won't. We have lunch at TH and dinner at 1900 ... so no FTBBQ for us.

I saw the changes for KS, and I'm so thankful it won't interfere with the attraction! I think I would have cancelled if KS was going to be closed, too.

You'll have to explain the tables to me .... tiny picture, never been to Sanaa, not sure what's special about the tables you pictured.

Why not all three cupcakes? Calories don't count while at WDW.
Yep, I just checked out the youtube vid of Dinosaur and I am quite sure the scaredy cat in our family would be crying in my arms the whole time. Looks like a ride swap ride for us.

The tables I put in the picture are window tables...savannah view!!!

Hmmmm- a cupcake crawl maybe?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #104
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just watched part of the youtube video, and I am 99.9% certain DD9 would freak out on us if we took her on that! Still not sure about DS5. We wil just have to play it by ear...

Yep, I just checked out the youtube vid of Dinosaur and I am quite sure the scaredy cat in our family would be crying in my arms the whole time. Looks like a ride swap ride for us.

The tables I put in the picture are window tables...savannah view!!!

Hmmmm- a cupcake crawl maybe?
Gosh, it scares me, and I'm an adult.

Oh, window tables, gotcha! I don't blame you, I'd want one, too!

I'm game for a Cupcake Crawl! It'll be so worth it ... until we get home and on the scale.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #105
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Here are our AK pictures from last March. There really weren't very many "people" pictures... I guess DH really liked the animals. Anywho, we have all seen tons of animal pics, so I will just bore you with our family pictures.

DS was aslep in the stroller, that is why he is not in the pics.

Wow, looks like that is all I uploaded to photbucket. That made for a short update. Oh well, hope you enjoyed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: