Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Time to get up bright and early for Day 5 plans! Day 5 will be Monday, March 12th. We will be heading to rope drop at DHS!!! My plans for this day are pretty aggressive...

Of course we will take part in the "running of the bulls" to TSM for fast passes. Actually I think I will run for FP's for this:

While DH gets the kids signed up for this:

Here are other "must do's" on our list:

and also this:

We didn't get to see this last year because cheerleaders had taken over...

I must have one of these:

Not sure yet where we will have lunch, but we will head back to the resort for some R&R. Tonight is midnight EMH!! After resting we will head back for our dinner ADR's...

50's Primetime Cafe
4:00pm

I will probably choose to eat this;

YUM!

We will get finished in time to stand in line to get a good seat for this:

Once we get seats I may let DH go do Star Tours again...just because I him and he takes me to Disney!

After Fantasmic we will wander around and find out what other trouble we can get into. At some point during the day I would love for us to split up and do American Idol with the girls and Disney Junior with little man. I know these plans are crazy aggressive. Will we get it all done??? We must wait and see...

oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #77
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

And staying with the DHS theme, here are pictures from our DHS days (we had 2) in March 2011 for your viewing pleasure...

Have I mentioned that we are Star Wars geeks???

THIS shows her true personality!

His dream come true...I am so glad we will be doing the Photopass this year. I hope they get great shots of my little guy doing this!

Okay, so since many of you will be meeting us in person, I will share our real names...

DH- Brian
Me- Connie
DD 12- Jillian
DD 9- Charity
DS 5- Gabriel
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #78
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Hey Connie (but than I already knew your name)

I think I will get along with your family well. I am also a huge star wars geek (and star trek, and Doctor Who, and . . . well you get the picture). My DS and I did ST 7 times last may (4 on one day and 3 on another), he also did the JTA and the PP pictures are just great. It also freed up my hands so that I could video it.

Well I will talk to you later, got to get ready to take my DS to see the Star Wars movie in 3-D (see I told you I was a geek.)
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Hey!! I am here, too....just found you and all caught up on your plans! Love that you are staying at POR..it really is a lovely resort! And with the rooms being refurbed it will be even nicer! And woo hoo...you are doing Pirates and Pals!!! We loved loved this last March! It's the best viewing we have had ever of the fireworks!

Okay, I totally agree with you on the Lapu Lapu deserving a post all by itself...
Can you tell I like this drink?

Unfortunately for our budget, it's not the only adult beverage I like at WDW

Awesome PTR you've got going here!!!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #80
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
We are looking forward to CP too. DD9 will become DD10 the day after we leave WDW, so we will get a birthday button for her. Hopefully CP will do something special for her too.

I will try Dole Whip if it is warm and sunny out. Last year when we went to MK it was cool and rainy... Not good conditions for trying a cold snack, but PERFECT conditions for no wait times on rides. We had all our must do's done by lunchtime!

Yes, when we went last year I had only been a Diser for 3 months and didn't have the vast tip knowledge I do now ....we will have some of those D-rings for the cups this year! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks, DH took that picture of DD and it is his favorite of the whole trip I think.

Thanks for the Congrats! We are so excited about his promotion. We just told the kids at the dinner table last night and they CAME UNGLUED! Before his schedule was changed to Tu-Sat he had been on nights for three years. We have not had a "normal" family schedule in over 5 years...it has been a long time coming!

I am SO excited to try the pretzel and the Lapu Lapu...I LOVE cream cheese and I adore fruity beverages. So much greatness to look forward to when one is headed to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Thanks! That picture of delicousness is the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel. It is a soft pretzel with a cream cheese center and cinnamon dusted on top. I CANNOT wait to try it!

Thank you sjs!! My cousin and I lived in Alabama and lived just down a dirt road from each other when we were really young. Then my family moved to Florida for ten years. When we moved FROM Florida, her family moved TO Florida. We have just reconnected with each other as friends about a year ago. We get along great and so do our children.

I won't crucify you for not liking Dole Whip...promise! Who knows, maybe I won't like it either...just wanna give everything a try!
What are we doing to celebrate? WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!! That's just about it. We told the kids last night at the dinner table and they were ecstatic! He has to work a two week notice in his current position, then it will be smooth sailing...

Yes, what she said!
Okay, for a minute, I thought you meant you told the kids you were going to WDW.

A few notes:
You are going to love the new Star Tours!
Is that an oatmeal cream pie cookie-thing?
50s PTC is one of my fave places to eat. But forget the chicken. Get the Pot Roast! YUM!!!!!!!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #81
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
And staying with the DHS theme, here are pictures from our DHS days (we had 2) in March 2011 for your viewing pleasure...

Have I mentioned that we are Star Wars geeks???

Love the picture... DH is a huge Star Wars geek... Personally, I enjoy SW - but I am not as geeky as DH... But my girls OTOH - read my response to Corri... LOL

Quote:
[Okay, so since many of you will be meeting us in person, I will share our real names...

DH- Brian
Me- Connie
DD 12- Jillian
DD 9- Charity
DS 5- Gabriel
Forgive me if I continue to call you Oopsi... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post

I think I will get along with your family well. I am also a huge star wars geek (and star trek, and Doctor Who, and . . . well you get the picture). My DS and I did ST 7 times last may (4 on one day and 3 on another), he also did the JTA and the PP pictures are just great. It also freed up my hands so that I could video it.

Well I will talk to you later, got to get ready to take my DS to see the Star Wars movie in 3-D (see I told you I was a geek.)
Well, it sounds like you all will get along famously with my girls... You can't even get me started on the weirdness that they love... They are HUGE Dr. Who fans... They DVR it and watch it over and over again with DH.

Not so much Star Wars fans - not because they don't like it - more because we can't seem to find the movies that we swore we purchased years ago (we think we loaned them out to someone and never got them back???) - and right now they are only avail locally in Blue Ray format (we don't have a BR player). So, they have not seen the movies since they were little. I know that once they see them, they will love them.

Oldest dd gets into some really weird stuff... Zombie Apocolypse is her favorite show (I just don't get it)... But she does have an Emergency Plan in place for the day when the Zombies take over our town. I know my job is to rip the bathtub out of the downstairs bathroom and get it upstairs. Should be a fun day for me, since it's cast iron and only weighs a bazillion tons.

I don't think my dds have ever seen Star Trek... My dad and I used to watch it all the time when I was in HS... I definately don't get into the newer versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Hey!! I am here, too....just found you and all caught up on your plans! Love that you are staying at POR..it really is a lovely resort! And with the rooms being refurbed it will be even nicer! And woo hoo...you are doing Pirates and Pals!!! We loved loved this last March! It's the best viewing we have had ever of the fireworks!

Okay, I totally agree with you on the Lapu Lapu deserving a post all by itself...

That is a huge drink... I would be interested to hear about the other adult beverages you recommend. I am thinking I might need to have an emergency list in my bag, if the girls can't get along. ROFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Okay, for a minute, I thought you meant you told the kids you were going to WDW.

A few notes:
50s PTC is one of my fave places to eat. But forget the chicken. Get the Pot Roast! YUM!!!!!!!!
OOpsi - correct me if I am wrong... But I think that is the Carrot Cake cookie from Starring Rolls??? If so, that is on my "must do" list, as well.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #82
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post

I am looking forward to photo pass this time. When our kids did JTA last year DH had the camera and I did the video. Our camera pics didn't turn out as good as I would have liked as we only have a point and shoot. PP pics will be wonderful!

How was the movie? Believe it or not, as big a SW fan as DH is (HUGE), Ep 1 is his least fave, so he has no interest in seeing in 3d.

Quote:

ashnbrensmom!!! I am so glad you found my PTR!!!!

I had such a blast following your PTR last year...so much fun, in fact, that YOU are the one who inspired me to book the Pirates and Pals cruise AND try the Lapu Lapu!

I totally forgot that you stayed at POR...man am I a copycat! LOL! I remember now, you took the carriage ride too didn't you? We are not doing it this time, maybe next time.

Glad to have you here, hope you stick around!

Quote:

A few notes:
No I have NOT blabbed the surprise yet, I have had a few close calls though.

D~ is right, that loveliness is the carrot cake cookie, but it is from Writer's Stop...can't wait to sink my teeth into it. Again, how can you go wrong with something that contains cream cheese?

I cook pot roast at home quite a bit, so I probably won't try it...but your pictures are always droolworthy! (where is that drooly face emoticon I am constantly suggesting on here???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Love the picture... DH is a huge Star Wars geek... Personally, I enjoy SW - but I am not as geeky as DH... But my girls OTOH - read my response to Corri... LOL

Forgive me if I continue to call you Oopsi... LOL

That is a huge drink... I would be interested to hear about the other adult beverages you recommend. I am thinking I might need to have an emergency list in my bag, if the girls can't get along. ROFL.

OOpsi - correct me if I am wrong... But I think that is the Carrot Cake cookie from Starring Rolls??? If so, that is on my "must do" list, as well.

D~
I am with you D~, SW is okay, but I just don't have a brain rigged for sci-fi...

I will show up at your house and help you with that bathtub when the zombies show up!

oopsi is fine...I think it's a pretty cool username.

ashnbrennsmom and her rave reviews and pics of the Lapu Lapu are the reason I am determined to try it this time! She and I were @WDW at the same time last year. I was a new Diser and not brave enough to try to set up dismeets at the time...my how times have changed!

Can't wait for this crazy dismeet!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #83
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Your DHS day sounds like a lot of fun. I did not know EMH went so late at DHS. I guess since we never do them I have only gone once for am EMH at MK and once for pm at Epcot.

Now that we are so old I guess we will never do them Most nights DH is in bed by 7pm , how I am going to keep him awake past 9pm I have no idea.

I love your family all in star wars shirts

Was it Liddy's pot roast pic that just seems to pop up everywhere that made you book 50's PT? My favorite there is the meatloaf but I am sorta thinking about the chicken next trip........Hey there is that pot roast pic again

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #84
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No I have NOT blabbed the surprise yet, I have had a few close calls though.

D~ is right, that loveliness is the carrot cake cookie, but it is from Writer's Stop...can't wait to sink my teeth into it. Again, how can you go wrong with something that contains cream cheese?

I cook pot roast at home quite a bit, so I probably won't try it...but your pictures are always droolworthy! (where is that drooly face emoticon I am constantly suggesting on here???)

I am with you D~, SW is okay, but I just don't have a brain rigged for sci-fi...

Carrot Cake cookie.... gotcha. It's up DH's ally, but not mine. Bleh.

I cook pot roast at home a lot, too. And we have it a lot at our family game nights at Granny's. However, 50s PTC puts crack or something in it. WOW. YUM! I literally LICKED my bowl clean!!!! I don't do that at home.

I absolutely loved Sci Fi. 50s PTC is better, but I loved Sci Fi. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact we had a breakfast ADR and a dinner ADR, I would have tried to squeeze Sci Fi in there, too! The only thing I didn't like was having to split up to dine (I love sitting next to DH -- and we put the kids across from us; they wouldn't have survived if we put them in a booth alone and us sit behind them ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your DHS day sounds like a lot of fun. I did not know EMH went so late at DHS. I guess since we never do them I have only gone once for am EMH at MK and once for pm at Epcot.

Now that we are so old I guess we will never do them Most nights DH is in bed by 7pm , how I am going to keep him awake past 9pm I have no idea.

Was it Liddy's pot roast pic that just seems to pop up everywhere that made you book 50's PT? My favorite there is the meatloaf but I am sorta thinking about the chicken next trip........Hey there is that pot roast pic again
What pot roast picture? I've never seen pot roast in my life.

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #85
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

"That is a huge drink... I would be interested to hear about the other adult beverages you recommend. I am thinking I might need to have an emergency list in my bag, if the girls can't get along. ROFL. "

Yep, that Lapu Lapu is NO JOKE!! And the amt of liquor in it isn't either..
I enjoy the Lapu Lapu(The Poly), the Grand Marnier Slushie (France), The Welsh Dragon (UK), and the Pina Colava (everywhere there's a bar)

Just to name a few..no really, these are the drinks that I have come to love at WDW!! The Pina Colava is wonderful poolside...and all the pool bars make it. When you are there for a week it's not a lot of drinking if you have one of each...I just have to remind myself that it's only ONE of each!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #86
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah ... That pot roast is amazing ! I usually get that or the fried chicken.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #87
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Oh yeah ... That pot roast is amazing ! I usually get that or the fried chicken.
I've heard great things about the chicken ... but O-M-G, that pot roast is YUM YUM YUM! I definitely won't need a menu when we go ... I already know what I'm ordering. I imagine DD will want to try the chicken though. It sounds up her alley, but I'll have to verify it's milk-free first.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #88
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Yeah, you would think Liddy must get royalties for every pot roast 50's PT sells the way she so frequently promotes it!

Our plan is to do the evening EMH's at the parks, but I am not REALLY sure how long we will make it either...

Quote:
Carrot Cake cookie.... gotcha. It's up DH's ally, but not mine. Bleh.

I cook pot roast at home a lot, too. And we have it a lot at our family game nights at Granny's. However, 50s PTC puts crack or something in it. WOW. YUM! I literally LICKED my bowl clean!!!! I don't do that at home.

I absolutely loved Sci Fi. 50s PTC is better, but I loved Sci Fi. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact we had a breakfast ADR and a dinner ADR, I would have tried to squeeze Sci Fi in there, too! The only thing I didn't like was having to split up to dine (I love sitting next to DH -- and we put the kids across from us; they wouldn't have survived if we put them in a booth alone and us sit behind them ).

What pot roast picture? I've never seen pot roast in my life.
On our trip last March we had ADR's at Sci-Fi. We were excited to try it out, but very disappointed with the entire experience. Had to wait 45 minutes for a table (even with ADR's), VERY annoying server who talked incessantly (she had the same "spiel" for every table & it was a long one ), took forever for the food to come, & the meals we ordered were not good. We may give it another try at some point...but not anytime soon.

I am beginning to think we should start a petition to WDW requesting they name a particular dish at 50's PT "Auny Liddy's Pot Roast"...

Quote:
"That is a huge drink... I would be interested to hear about the other adult beverages you recommend. I am thinking I might need to have an emergency list in my bag, if the girls can't get along. ROFL. "

Yep, that Lapu Lapu is NO JOKE!! And the amt of liquor in it isn't either..
I enjoy the Lapu Lapu(The Poly), the Grand Marnier Slushie (France), The Welsh Dragon (UK), and the Pina Colava (everywhere there's a bar)

Just to name a few..no really, these are the drinks that I have come to love at WDW!! The Pina Colava is wonderful poolside...and all the pool bars make it. When you are there for a week it's not a lot of drinking if you have one of each...I just have to remind myself that it's only ONE of each!
Hmmm- I may have to get help from DH with the Lapu Lapu since I am quite the lightweight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
OHH, what to order now?!?

Quote:
I've heard great things about the chicken ... but O-M-G, that pot roast is YUM YUM YUM! I definitely won't need a menu when we go ... I already know what I'm ordering. I imagine DD will want to try the chicken though. It sounds up her alley, but I'll have to verify it's milk-free first.
Hmmmmm...think, think, think... Perhaps I should save up a man sized appetite and just order the sampler with Meatloaf, Chicken AND the world famous Pot Roast!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #89
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]II am with you D~, SW is okay, but I just don't have a brain rigged for sci-fi...

I will show up at your house and help you with that bathtub when the zombies show up!

You are the BEST!!! You are the first person to offer to help me lug that heavy bathtub up the stairs... You can bet I'll call you first... Wait - do I have your ##???

Quote:
[oopsi is fine...I think it's a pretty cool username.
I do love your username... Do you ever see someone's username and wish you had thought of it??? LOL Mine couldn't get any more boring.

Quote:
[ashnbrennsmom and her rave reviews and pics of the Lapu Lapu are the reason I am determined to try it this time! She and I were @WDW at the same time last year. I was a new Diser and not brave enough to try to set up dismeets at the time...my how times have changed!

It's too bad they don't make the lapu-lapu in a 3.2 version - ROFL - I am such a lightweight, the girls will have to roll me back to POFQ.

I have no idea what I am ordering at 50's PT... Is it horrible that I just can't remember what I ate the last time we were there??? Maybe that's a sure sign that I need to try something else? LOL

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #90
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, you would think Liddy must get royalties for every pot roast 50's PT sells the way she so frequently promotes it!

Our plan is to do the evening EMH's at the parks, but I am not REALLY sure how long we will make it either...
I wish I got paid royalties. If they'd pay me $0.50 for everytime I've shown that picture ... I'd show it a million more times and get rich.

Quote:
On our trip last March we had ADR's at Sci-Fi. We were excited to try it out, but very disappointed with the entire experience. Had to wait 45 minutes for a table (even with ADR's), VERY annoying server who talked incessantly (she had the same "spiel" for every table & it was a long one ), took forever for the food to come, & the meals we ordered were not good. We may give it another try at some point...but not anytime soon.

I am beginning to think we should start a petition to WDW requesting they name a particular dish at 50's PT "Auny Liddy's Pot Roast"...
Sorry that you had a bad experience at Sci Fi. We had great service, our food came out in a timely manner, we had to wait less than 2 minutes for a table, we had hitchhikers, and we loved the movie reels they showed. Our server was just an average server (she said she had the keys to dad's liquor cabinet, which confused me being at a drive-in ... maybe she usually works at 50s?), and she didn't annoy us with any spiels. I would go back in a heartbeat.

That would be awesome if there was an "Aunt Liddy's Pot Roast" dish.

I'm sure it would look like this:

Quote:
Hmmm- I may have to get help from DH with the Lapu Lapu since I am quite the lightweight!

OHH, what to order now?!?

Hmmmmm...think, think, think... Perhaps I should save up a man sized appetite and just order the sampler with Meatloaf, Chicken AND the world famous Pot Roast!
I think DH said he was going to try the sampler this year. It's a TON of food!!!! You know, maybe that's what we should order and split since it will ben an OOP meal. I'll take the pot roast, DD can have the chicken, DH can have the meatloaf.

If you brave the sampler, I want to see before and after pics! And you HAVE to text me to tell me how much you loved Aunt Liddy's Pot Roast.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: