Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #61
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
At my Dollar Store - they fill them with helium right there for you - included in the price of the balloon.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Yea my dollar store will fill them also. If you pay an extra buck you can also get it attached to a weight so it wont float to the ceiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
What they said! Our dollar store will fill them, and they do sell weights. Check to see if your store will fill them as well. The tank isn't visible at our store, but it's there. Maybe that's the case with your store?
You ladies are GRRRRRRRRREAT! So, do your dollar stores involve a "tree"? I hope my "tree" dollar store has helium...that will be PERFECT!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #62
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
You ladies are GRRRRRRRRREAT! So, do your dollar stores involve a "tree"? I hope my "tree" dollar store has helium...that will be PERFECT!
Mine involves a tree.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #63
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

On to Day 4 plans. Day 4 will be Sunday, March 11th. On this particular day we will be headed to a "magical" place...

Magic Kingdom Day!

My cousin who had dinner with us at Ohana will also be joining us for Magic Kingdom day. She has two little girls who get along wonderfully with my children. We are excited for them to get to hang out together again.

My all time favorite ride at MK is this one...

Pirates of the Carribean

This has always been my favorite ever since I was little. I just love it. My favorite part is the hairy leg hanging over the archway. Don't know why I like it so much...chalk it up to Disney's attention to detail.

Another "classic" that is a must do this time since we did not get to it last year is...

Can't wait for my little guy to get to "drive"! He will LOVE it.

and the last must do for ME is this:

I have not been on Space Mountain since I was a teenager. I couldn't get on it in 2006 since I was pregnant, and I didn't go on it last year because I stayed with the younger kids while DH and oldest DD went on it. I WILL go on it this time!

Must try these snacks for the first time:

Will try a Dole Whip IF the weather is warm.

I will try one of these no matter what the weather is! YUM!!!

Lunch will be another first:

I have heard many rave review and cannot wait to try it.

Dinner will be another first...

Crystal Palace
4:50 pm

We needed early dinner reservations since we will be headed to another big surprise for the kids after dinner.

The Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage!

I couldn't find a good picture of this. I am very excited about this surprise. I had some extra Christmas money given to me at work and chose to use it to book this experience. We will be sure to take lots of pictures.

After the cruise we will head back to the room for some sleep. Then we will be up and at 'em early again for a rope drop and mad dash...stay tuned!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #64
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I forgot one VERY IMPORTANT element of our Ohana dinner on March 10th!!! I will have one of these...

The Lapu Lapu...this will be my one "big people drink" of the week and I will make it count! I feel that it totally deserved an update of its own!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #65
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine involves a tree.
Wonderful, that makes me so happy ...and so giddy ...and so excited ...and so hyper...!!!!

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #66
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

And to follow up on our Magic Kingdom plans I leave you with Magic Kingdom pictures from our March 2011 trip...

Our oldest DD waiting while her brother and sister get autographs. I think it is such a sweet picture.

Waiting to see the Monsters Inc show...

My youngest two with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Our whole family sugared up and waiting for the MSEP. Such a magical night for us.

Here are a few shots taken at Chef Mickey's last year:

Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #67
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great pics from last year !

You're going to love Dole Whip and Crystal Palace.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #68
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I would like to interrupt our regular programming for a real life update. Today DH and I got the best news we have had since booking our Disney trip.
DH has worked for the same company for almost 10 years. Just in the last year and a half the company got a new CEO and DH's job has become so miserable. The schedules were changed so that he had to work Tuesday through Saturday each week. On top of that his supervisors in his current department started giving him impossible deadlines and no additional personnel to help meet those deadlines. When he would tell them he wasn't meeting the deadlines because he needed help, their response was always "Well that's just not good enough". Who can endure THAT kind of disrespect?!? He was in that horrible land of "middle management" with no desire to move up. He has been under so much pressure at work that it had bled into becoming stress at home too.

Two weeks ago he put in for a different position. This is a desk job (he has worked on the electronics in airplanes for the past 18 years). The position is as a job planner and is a Monday- Friday salaried position. He spoke with others from that department and they assured him that the stress level in that department is MUCH lower. Well...he got THE call this afternoon....

HE GOT THE JOB!!!

This change is much needed for our family. We get our weekends back, and we get our happy daddy back!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #69
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I am just loving your plans for MK. Me and my DS went to CP last May for dinner and really loved it. We got to see alopt of Pooh characters and he did a dance party with them. He even recieved a card signed by all the characters and the server for his birthday.

I happen to love Dole Whip, it is so refreshing and yummy. But it all depends on if you like Pineapple. If you don't like pineapple you will not care for it. There is also a Dole Float that is the icecream in Pinapple juice (I think) I hear it is real good though I have not had it. Maybe this year.

I am loving you past trip picture. I noticed a pic of resort cups on a umbrella stroller behind you. Are you bringing a stroller for you youngest during this trip? If you are can I give you a little suggestion. I the big clips that people use for there keys and attached it to my cups last year. It made it real easy to put it on and take it off the stroller.

Oh and by the way, the dollar store that I was talking about earlier does have a "Tree" in the name.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #70
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

First of all.... HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to your DH!!! I know what it's like when work spills over into home, and it just isn't fun. Here's to happier days ahead - and what better way to celebrate than at WDW??

You have the most adorable family! I also love that picture of your dd, she looks like she is so deep in thought.

Quote:

I will try one of these no matter what the weather is! YUM!!!
Mmmmm.... a photo of my favorite snack...

Quote:
I forgot one VERY IMPORTANT element of our Ohana dinner on March 10th!!! I will have one of these...

The Lapu Lapu...this will be my one "big people drink" of the week and I will make it count! I feel that it totally deserved an update of its own!
Hmmm... I might have to research that one, after all - I won't be driving in Disney...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #71
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great and congrats to DH! That is really great for you all.

Question - what is the snack that looks like a pretzel? with cheese in it? or is it something else??

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
momtoccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #72
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Your MK day sounds great, so nice you are meeting up with your cousin.

Congratea to your DH and getting the job !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #73
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Love the updates!

I know I will be shot, but I didn't care at all for the Dole Whip. (I enjoy pineapple.) Perhaps it was because everyone says it's awesome and a must do ... but no one in our family really cared for it. The only thing it had going was it being COLD and it was in the 90s.

Grats to your DH on his new job!!! That is way too awesome!!! What are you going to do to celebrate?

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #74
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
Question - what is the snack that looks like a pretzel? with cheese in it? or is it something else??
It's the Cream Cheese Pretzel available at The Launching Pad in Tomorrowland. I have also heard there's a Jalepeno version available at the AK (I still need to research where though).

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #75
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am just loving your plans for MK. Me and my DS went to CP last May for dinner and really loved it. We got to see alopt of Pooh characters and he did a dance party with them. He even recieved a card signed by all the characters and the server for his birthday.

I happen to love Dole Whip, it is so refreshing and yummy. But it all depends on if you like Pineapple. If you don't like pineapple you will not care for it. There is also a Dole Float that is the icecream in Pinapple juice (I think) I hear it is real good though I have not had it. Maybe this year.

I am loving you past trip picture. I noticed a pic of resort cups on a umbrella stroller behind you. Are you bringing a stroller for you youngest during this trip? If you are can I give you a little suggestion. I the big clips that people use for there keys and attached it to my cups last year. It made it real easy to put it on and take it off the stroller.

Oh and by the way, the dollar store that I was talking about earlier does have a "Tree" in the name.
We are looking forward to CP too. DD9 will become DD10 the day after we leave WDW, so we will get a birthday button for her. Hopefully CP will do something special for her too.

I will try Dole Whip if it is warm and sunny out. Last year when we went to MK it was cool and rainy... Not good conditions for trying a cold snack, but PERFECT conditions for no wait times on rides. We had all our must do's done by lunchtime!

Yes, when we went last year I had only been a Diser for 3 months and didn't have the vast tip knowledge I do now ....we will have some of those D-rings for the cups this year! Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
First of all.... HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to your DH!!! I know what it's like when work spills over into home, and it just isn't fun. Here's to happier days ahead - and what better way to celebrate than at WDW??

You have the most adorable family! I also love that picture of your dd, she looks like she is so deep in thought.

Mmmmm.... a photo of my favorite snack...

Hmmm... I might have to research that one, after all - I won't be driving in Disney...

D~
Thanks, DH took that picture of DD and it is his favorite of the whole trip I think.

Thanks for the Congrats! We are so excited about his promotion. We just told the kids at the dinner table last night and they CAME UNGLUED! Before his schedule was changed to Tu-Sat he had been on nights for three years. We have not had a "normal" family schedule in over 5 years...it has been a long time coming!

I am SO excited to try the pretzel and the Lapu Lapu...I LOVE cream cheese and I adore fruity beverages. So much greatness to look forward to when one is headed to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
Your plans look great and congrats to DH! That is really great for you all.

Thanks! That picture of delicousness is the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel. It is a soft pretzel with a cream cheese center and cinnamon dusted on top. I CANNOT wait to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your MK day sounds great, so nice you are meeting up with your cousin.

Congratea to your DH and getting the job !
Thank you sjs!! My cousin and I lived in Alabama and lived just down a dirt road from each other when we were really young. Then my family moved to Florida for ten years. When we moved FROM Florida, her family moved TO Florida. We have just reconnected with each other as friends about a year ago. We get along great and so do our children.

Quote:
Love the updates!

I know I will be shot, but I didn't care at all for the Dole Whip. (I enjoy pineapple.) Perhaps it was because everyone says it's awesome and a must do ... but no one in our family really cared for it. The only thing it had going was it being COLD and it was in the 90s.

Grats to your DH on his new job!!! That is way too awesome!!! What are you going to do to celebrate?
I won't crucify you for not liking Dole Whip...promise! Who knows, maybe I won't like it either...just wanna give everything a try!
What are we doing to celebrate? WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!! That's just about it. We told the kids last night at the dinner table and they were ecstatic! He has to work a two week notice in his current position, then it will be smooth sailing...

Quote:
It's the Cream Cheese Pretzel available at The Launching Pad in Tomorrowland. I have also heard there's a Jalepeno version available at the AK (I still need to research where though).

D~
Yes, what she said!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: