Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #31
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
BREAKING NEWS...MICKEY MAIL ARRIVED TODAY!!!! A few Dis friends had gotten ME stuff that did not have all of their flight information on it. I am pleased to announce that ours is all there and correct!!!
I am so jealous. I want my Mickey Mail

Congrats on getting you Mail.

No I haven't told the kids that I am going to WDW. I only told them I was going to go on a plane so that I can meet some friends. I am not lieing, right? I'm still a good mom, right?
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #32
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Wow, I go to class for a few hours and you guys get busy! Did you know it's not nice making me read three pages of posts to catch up?

You're adventurous eaters trying out the Chik-Fil-A. (Because we don't have any in TN, right? )

Your plans sound good! I can't wait to hear about RR. My mom and her friend dined there in 2009 (while I was at Chef Mickey's) and they loved it. They had a blast, and a few drinks. They didn't want to leave. Since then, I've booked it every year (but this one) and then cancelled.

Grats on getting Mickey Mail! I'm super jealous! I want mine sooo bad!

I'm so looking forward to the DISmeet! We'll have a blast! Sorry that your DH hasn't gotten to attend any of the XBOX LAN parties. DH used to have LAN parties with his buddies (PC ones). Since we've been married, he's only gone to one -- and that was more of a bachelor LAN party. Yes, even Geeks get married.

Tell your DH he can hang out with mine. I'm sure they'll get along fine. Only ... DH doesn't play XBOX, but PC games. (And I know most of the XBOX games are also on PC.) They can go geek it up while us DISers have a blast.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS...MICKEY MAIL ARRIVED TODAY!!!! A few Dis friends had gotten ME stuff that did not have all of their flight information on it. I am pleased to announce that ours is all there and correct!!!
Yay on getting Mickey Mail!! I still need to call Disney - they didn't have my flight info on mine either.

I can't wait to see your kids' reaction when they find out they are going to WDW... Are you planning to film it???

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #34
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am so jealous. I want my Mickey Mail

Congrats on getting you Mail.

No I haven't told the kids that I am going to WDW. I only told them I was going to go on a plane so that I can meet some friends. I am not lieing, right? I'm still a good mom, right?
NO, you are totally not lying... I really can't blame you. The drama would be horrible it they knew the truth...it is for their own good that you not tell them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Wow, I go to class for a few hours and you guys get busy! Did you know it's not nice making me read three pages of posts to catch up?

You're adventurous eaters trying out the Chik-Fil-A. (Because we don't have any in TN, right? )

Your plans sound good! I can't wait to hear about RR. My mom and her friend dined there in 2009 (while I was at Chef Mickey's) and they loved it. They had a blast, and a few drinks. They didn't want to leave. Since then, I've booked it every year (but this one) and then cancelled.

Grats on getting Mickey Mail! I'm super jealous! I want mine sooo bad!

I'm so looking forward to the DISmeet! We'll have a blast! Sorry that your DH hasn't gotten to attend any of the XBOX LAN parties. DH used to have LAN parties with his buddies (PC ones). Since we've been married, he's only gone to one -- and that was more of a bachelor LAN party. Yes, even Geeks get married.

Tell your DH he can hang out with mine. I'm sure they'll get along fine. Only ... DH doesn't play XBOX, but PC games. (And I know most of the XBOX games are also on PC.) They can go geek it up while us DISers have a blast.
I really am looking forward to RR. We have no repeat ADR's this time. All new places!

Yes, we really are going out on a limb to try Chic Fil A...

I told DH last night about your DH and he said, "oh we will get along just fine." It's gonna be fun for all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yay on getting Mickey Mail!! I still need to call Disney - they didn't have my flight info on mine either.

I can't wait to see your kids' reaction when they find out they are going to WDW... Are you planning to film it???

D~

We are definitely going to film it....but guess what, DH decided to change our "reveal" plans...stay tuned!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Before I head into our first park day plans I wanted to share some news and some pictures from one of our older Disney trips.

News first...so DH decided that we really needed to not miss church on the night of March 7th since we are a home group host and we know we will miss the following week. I will be there the night before Disney, but I will be distracted.... Needless to say, movie night is out. So, the NEW "reveal" plan is to have me leave and go pick the kids up at the church after home group is over, and while I am gone DH will pull out all the packed bags and line them up in the dining or living room. When the kids get home they will spot them. They will have to look around and notice the new luggage tags before they will figure out just what is going on...

SURPRISE, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW!!!

I am not as excited about this plan, but what can you do? DH will film it and I will be sure to share it on my TR.

Now, for some pictures, shall we? We actually went on a Florida vacation in 2006. We only spent one day in MK and a half day in MGM (yes it was MGM at the time), so I do not count it as a Disney vacation. We spent time at the beach and other various places that week. I was pregnant with DS, so only the two sweet little girls are in the pics. Well, technically Gabe is in the belly bump pictures. Last year when we were planning the trip the girls would tell DS he had been to Disney before, only he was in Mommy's belly. So, here ya go...

Downtown Disney (the girls were 4 and 6 years old)

So there you have it. I will be posting pictures from our trip last March very soon as well.

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 06-11-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Love the pics ! Such a cute family.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Last edited by Moodyzblu; 02-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

We get to go again? March 2012 ptr- update 2/7 :pics and day 2 plans

On to day 2 plans. This will be Friday, March 9th. Have you figured out from my not so subtle hint where we will be headed?

If you guessed EPCOT you would be correct!

We will get up early enough for rope drop since we will have a relatively early night with the Dismeet the night before. We will be sure to get some FP's for Soarin' and TT. We plan to spend another half day here on our departure day, so whatever we don't get done on this day, we will tackle on the 14th. These are my must try's for that day in EPCOT (they will all be firsts)...

I have never been on this ride before. I am sure it is not on many must-do lists, but everyone must do it at least once, right? And while I am in Norway I would like to try one of these...

Schoolbread- they are pretty infamous on the Dis!

We will make our way over to Japan at some point where I will do this:

Pick a Pearl! I am really looking forward to this. Each of us has a $50 gift card for souvvies and this little gem is what I intend spending my loot on.

We will find something yummy to eat for lunch in WS, I am sure we will just wait and see what our tummies have a rumbly for. After filling our bellies we will then head back to POR for some R&R. Why? Because after that we are headed back to EPCOT for midnight EMH!

We need to head back to EPCOT in time for our our dinner ADR's...

Chefs de France
5:50pm

After dinner we will have just a small amount of time to wander around. I know I want to run over to Germany to grab a snack from here:

My plan is to use a couple snack credits for some delicious caramel corn to enjoy while we do yet another first...

WHAT??? Did you say first? You have never seen Illuminations? NOPE! We tried to do EPCOT commando last year and had some serious meltdowns while waiting for Illuminations, so we packed it up and headed back to the room. We WILL see it this time! That is why we plan to get some serious napping done at POR after lunch. EVERYONE MUST SLEEP at naptime!!!

So we will see Illuminations then we will stick around until closing at midnight to do whatever we want. Then it's back to POR for a good night's sleep. What are our Day 3 plans? Will we see anyone we know? Stick around...
Old 02-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #38
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Love the pics ! Such a cute family.
Aw, thanks! I am checking out your PTR right now. How sweet that you and your angels get this great trip as a gift! The world really is full of good people!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #40
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, one more thing...

WE LEAVE IN 30 DAYS!!!!!

That is all.
Yay !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
sandym718
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!! Your girls are so beautiful!!

I'm so excited for the surprise for them, that's so awesome!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #42
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

How fun! My dd and I will be there at the same time at POFQ. Maybe we will see you!

Many years ago my ex and I surprised our boys in a similar fashion (we told them the night before and then had early flight out). They also missed a little school for that trip. They were so excited I didn't know if they would ever get to sleep but they did. I had them back their backpacks for the plane ride with stuff to keep them occupied. They also got their homework done really quickly - nothing like good motivation

We are leaving on March 7th and didn't get any special mail yet Is this the pkg with DME info?? We did get paperwork from our travel agent after final payment....

Anyway.. I'll keep reading...

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
momtoccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
I'm in!!! Your girls are so beautiful!!

I'm so excited for the surprise for them, that's so awesome!
Aww, thanks Sandy! That was six years ago, they grow TOO FAST! I was amazed looking at those pictures just how little they were...

Can't wait to surprise them...it has been incredibly hard to keep it a secret. I will not try to do a surprise again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
How fun! My dd and I will be there at the same time at POFQ. Maybe we will see you!

Many years ago my ex and I surprised our boys in a similar fashion (we told them the night before and then had early flight out). They also missed a little school for that trip. They were so excited I didn't know if they would ever get to sleep but they did. I had them back their backpacks for the plane ride with stuff to keep them occupied. They also got their homework done really quickly - nothing like good motivation

We are leaving on March 7th and didn't get any special mail yet Is this the pkg with DME info?? We did get paperwork from our travel agent after final payment....

My Mickey Mail did have our ME info and tags in it. We booked through WDW rather than a travel agent. Perhaps that is why we got ours first???

So you will be at POFQ while we are at POR? That is too cool!! Are you on the March planning threads? I can't remember seeing you on there. Anyhow...we have a Dismeet planned at POR on March 8th from 9-10pm at the Yeeha Bob show in River Roost Lounge. We would LOVE to see you there. There is a pretty big group of us showing up for it.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #44
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I love your updates OOpsi!!! Your girls are so cute! How old are they now? And I love your little belly bump - so adorable.

Your Epcot day sounds wonderful... I wanna try some school bread too - but I've heard that you either love it or hate it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post

What are your dates??? I am at POFQ while Oopsi is at POR. We'd love it if you could join us at the Dismeet!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #45
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I love your updates OOpsi!!! Your girls are so cute! How old are they now? And I love your little belly bump - so adorable.

Your Epcot day sounds wonderful... I wanna try some school bread too - but I've heard that you either love it or hate it???

D~
My girls are 9 (will turn 10 the day after we leave WDW) and 12. My youngest DD is still very much a little girl, but my 12 yr old is working her way into the teen years. It is such an awkward time, that age is. She still secretly plays Barbies with her little sister, but this Friday night she is going to her first school dance. Makes a mommy sad...

Yes, I believe Liddy said she does not like the schoolbread. Guess I will just have to try it and make my own decision.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: