Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

We get to go again? March 2012 ptr- update 2/6

Okay, before I go into DAY 1 plans I thought I would share how we plan to tell the kids about the trip. When we first started planning we were going to have to drive. So we had planned to tell them right after they got home from school on March 7th then hit the road for an all-nighter. Now we get to fly, so we had to come up with a different reveal.

Since we fly out at 8 am, we will have to get out of bed at around 4 or 4:30 am. Our kids are NOT morning people, so we have decided to tell them the night before. It will be a Wednesday night, which is usually a church night. DH and I will take the whole day off to do the packing, then stash the bags in the shed. On this particular night we are going to tell the kids we are too tired for church and want to stay home for a "movie night". We will get the kids settled in with popcorn and sodas in our refillable Disney mugs from last March. We will then pop in the Disney vacation planning DVD for 2012...huh? "Why are we watching this?"

Because tomorrow morning we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!

We will tell them we are going AND we will tell them we are flying. DH plans to have the video camera rolling to capture all the craziness that is sure to ensue.

Will any of us get a wink of sleep that night? NO WAY! But at least everyone will be in a good mood the next morning instead of trying to wake a bunch of crabby patties and tell them the surprise hoping for a positive reaction...

Next update will be DAY 1...promise!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I seriously can't believe I missed this!!! I wish you would have come over to my PTR and posted a link to yours!!!

I'll catch up this afternoon.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I seriously can't believe I missed this!!! I wish you would have come over to my PTR and posted a link to yours!!!

D~

Sorry D~, I just didn't want to threadjack other friend threads to promote mine...besides, I am so new at this I didn't want a lot of folks coming over and then deciding it was too boring to follow.

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 02-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Hey, I learned my PTR skills from YOU, dear!
You are ready to fly young grasshopper.

Quote:
Okay, before I go into DAY 1 plans I thought I would share how we plan to tell the kids about the trip. When we first started planning we were going to have to drive. So we had planned to tell them right after they got home from school on March 7th then hit the road for an all-nighter. Now we get to fly, so we had to come up with a different reveal.

Since we fly out at 8 am, we will have to get out of bed at around 4 or 4:30 am. Our kids are NOT morning people, so we have decided to tell them the night before. It will be a Wednesday night, which is usually a church night. DH and I will take the whole day off to do the packing, then stash the bags in the shed. On this particular night we are going to tell the kids we are too tired for church and want to stay home for a "movie night". We will get the kids settled in with popcorn and sodas in our refillable Disney mugs from last March. We will then pop in the Disney vacation planning DVD for 2012...huh? "Why are we watching this?"

Because tomorrow morning we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!

We will tell them we are going AND we will tell them we are flying. DH plans to have the video camera rolling to capture all the craziness that is sure to ensue.

Will any of us get a wink of sleep that night? NO WAY! But at least everyone will be in a good mood the next morning instead of trying to wake a bunch of crabby patties and tell them the surprise hoping for a positive reaction...

Next update will be DAY 1...promise!
I totally love your plans! I can't wait to see the video!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

D~
Someone doesn't follow all the cool threads very closely.

Quote:
Sorry D~, I just didn't want to threadjack other friend threads to promote mine...besides, I am so new at this I didn't want a lot of folks coming over and then deciding it was too boring to follow.
If you don't go threadjack her, I will. And if you don't go threadjack me. I'll do it myself! Yeah. Take that! I'll threadjack my own thread.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

We get to go again? March 2012 ptr- update 2/6 :day 1 plans

Day one begins in the wee hours of the morning on March 8th. We have to get up around 4:30 am... We need to get up and get our last minute toiletries items packed and the car loaded. We will head to the park and fly lot first to drop off our car for the week. They will drop us off at the airport. Once we get bags checked and get through security, we will need to find something to eat for breakfast. I wish they had one of these in the airport:

A Sausage McMuffin would be soooo good.

But alas all our airport has is one of these:

So I will have to settle for this:

WITH NO EGG!

After waiting an endless amount of time and trying to entertain three antsy children we will finally get to board our flight to MCO. Wouldn't it be great if our plane looked like this:

But I am sure we will be stuck with one that looks like this:

continued in next post...
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

After landing at MCO we will need to find the ME (which I hear is confusing to find) and then find some lunch. Did I mention our flight on this day has a short layover? Yeah, that... Well, it will be 12:45 when we land, so we will all be too famished to hold out for Disney food for lunch. Soooo, we will probably hit up this for lunch:

Then it's off to WDW!!!!! on this beauty:

Soon we will be seeing our happy place.

And now it's time to "Let the Memories Begin". After getting settled in our room (it SHOULD be ready by then) we will head to DTD for some shopping and dinner...Where will we have dinner that night???

Raglan Road at 6pm!!!

I hope we get to see the dancers and band before we head to...

The River Roost Lounge to see...

Yeeha Bob and a bunch of CRAZY DISERS!!!

That will be the end of a VERY LONG day one. What will be be doing tomorrow???

not so subtle hint: it does NOT involve animals, castles or a mad dash...
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I love how you plan to tell the kids about your trip. I am sure you are going to get no sleep that night.

You can feel free to threadjack me anytime. What are friends for

I would love to be on one of those cool painted planes, but wont care much since I will be on the way to the happiest place on earth.

Can't wait to read more.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #23
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
You are ready to fly young grasshopper.

If you don't go threadjack her, I will. And if you don't go threadjack me. I'll do it myself! Yeah. Take that! I'll threadjack my own thread.
I have officially followed your orders...

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 02-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #24
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I love how you plan to tell the kids about your trip. I am sure you are going to get no sleep that night.

You can feel free to threadjack me anytime. What are friends for

I would love to be on one of those cool painted planes, but wont care much since I will be on the way to the happiest place on earth.

Can't wait to read more.
Have you ever surprised your kids, Corrine? I wish your kids were coming with you this time, would have loved for all of our children to meet. Someday...there will always be summer camp (I mean Disney)!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Stopping in to say "Hi!"

Looking forward to following along!

Have a Holly Jolly Disney! A Dec 2013 PTR

Family Trips:

Disneyland 2005 (Candy Cane Inn)
Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Solo Trips: impossible to quantify...I've lived in both Orlando and Southern California!
::danielle:: is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #26
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Hi !! Mind if I join in ??

Love that you are surprising your kids .. but on the night before ?? There will be NO sleep going on in your house that night for sure !

Can't wait to hear more !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #27
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I love Chick Fil A . . . and I have only been there once . . . at MCO

It is a little confusing finding the ME, but I found that the employees were very helpful in directing me where to go.

I can't wait to see you all at Yeeha Bob's. I am sure we will be the best crowd that he has ever had.

Quote:
Have you ever surprised your kids, Corrine? I wish your kids were coming with you this time, would have loved for all of our children to meet. Someday...there will always be summer camp (I mean Disney)!
I have not been able to suprise the kids yet, but I was thinking about suprising my dd for next year. She knows we are going next year, she just doesn't know when. And if I win the One More Day at Disney contest I will definatly suprise them. I wish our kids could meet. It sounds as if our DD's would get along, but alas it wasn't in the cards. I was thinking I could maybe bring one of them with me but than it would mess with my plans for out future trips.

Quote:
I have officially followed your orders...
She did, I saw it.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #28
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Stopping in to say "Hi!"

Looking forward to following along!
Yay, Danielle made it!!! You are from the FB page, right? If not, you are still very welcome and I am excited to have your here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Hi !! Mind if I join in ??

Love that you are surprising your kids .. but on the night before ?? There will be NO sleep going on in your house that night for sure !

Can't wait to hear more !
Of course you can join in! I am just so excited that people are interested in little ole' me...You like me, you really like me!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I love Chick Fil A . . . and I have only been there once . . . at MCO

It is a little confusing finding the ME, but I found that the employees were very helpful in directing me where to go.

I can't wait to see you all at Yeeha Bob's. I am sure we will be the best crowd that he has ever had.

I have not been able to suprise the kids yet, but I was thinking about suprising my dd for next year. She knows we are going next year, she just doesn't know when. And if I win the One More Day at Disney contest I will definatly suprise them. I wish our kids could meet. It sounds as if our DD's would get along, but alas it wasn't in the cards. I was thinking I could maybe bring one of them with me but than it would mess with my plans for out future trips.

She did, I saw it.
Yes, I think we will have to rely on directions from airport employees to help us find ME. I haven't warned DH yet that it is hard to find... I mean how hard can it be to talk a man into asking for directions?

Are your kids upset that you will be going to Disney without them...or do they even know? I am excited to surprise mine THIS TIME, but I assure you there will be no more surprises, this was just too hard!

Can't wait to meet all my new Dis friends, too. DH is kinda jealous because he is part of a "clan" on his XBox 360. They have had land parties, but none anywhere near us. He has never gotten to meet them. He is excited for me though. When I changed my arrival day ADR's from Boatwright's to Raglan Road he wanted to make sure we wouldn't miss the Dismeet...sweet man!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

BREAKING NEWS...MICKEY MAIL ARRIVED TODAY!!!! A few Dis friends had gotten ME stuff that did not have all of their flight information on it. I am pleased to announce that ours is all there and correct!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: