Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #46
cloudnut220
DIS Veteran

We really loved Remy's and thought it was worth every penny. We do debate if we went on another cruise on the Dream/Fantasy if we would do it again or just do Palo, but I think we would go again. I did a long review of Remy on my blog: http://www.990square.com/2011/11/din...-disney-dream/

Running Disney -- The Happiest Pain on Earth

2012 and 2013 The Years of the Disney Races!

Marathon Weekend 2012: The Half and Half Challenge Expedition Everest Challenge: Recap
Disneyland Half Marathon: PR Time Baby! Marathon Weekend 2013: Third time is not the charm with Donald EEC 2013

Coming Soon: Dumbo Double Dare
My piece of the interwebs: 990 Square
cloudnut220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #47
shaycamp21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Dish details are stated in English. Service is very interactive and not the slightest bit snooty. You get to select each course based on your likes. Each dish is made to order, so if you are hesitant about a particular ingredient, they can leave it off.
I am more of a foodie than Dh though he is a fairly adventurous eater one thing he does not do is eat meat rare. When you say food is made to order can you request your meat to be well done(which is a sin IMHO). ?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #48
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnut220 View Post
We really loved Remy's and thought it was worth every penny. We do debate if we went on another cruise on the Dream/Fantasy if we would do it again or just do Palo, but I think we would go again.
I plan to both each trip! Will check out the blog - thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaycamp21 View Post
I am more of a foodie than Dh though he is a fairly adventurous eater one thing he does not do is eat meat rare. When you say food is made to order can you request your meat to be well done(which is a sin IMHO). ?
Most definitely!

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #49
cdotla
Trish

Thanks so much for your great review!
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #50
DisFanJen
Disney Phreak

Thanks for the review, it brought back lots of good memories of our time at Remy last December.

David was great, after we said how much we loved the cocktail he just kept making them for us. On the house! Got a little tipsy on them.

Can't wait till our next cruise in September. Hopefully we can get in again.

Follow my tweets for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at: http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

5/98 - DL(Off Site), 5/03 - WDW(Off Site), 2/04 - WDW(Off Site), 9/04 - WDW(Off Site), 12/05 - WDW(Off Site), 10/06 - WDW(AKL), 5/07 - WDW(SSR), 9/07 - WDW(SSR), 12/07 - WDW(SSR), 2/08 - WDW(Poly & GF), 12/08 - WDW(OKW, Wonder), 3/10 - WDW(AKL), 2/11 - WDW(OKW), 12/11 - WDW(SSR, OKW, Dream), 9/12 - WDW (OKW, Dream), 1/14 WDW (OKW, Fantasy), 11,14 (OKW, Dream)
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #51
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm Bottomless Cocktail, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanJen View Post
Thanks for the review, it brought back lots of good memories of our time at Remy last December.

David was great, after we said how much we loved the cocktail he just kept making them for us. On the house! Got a little tipsy on them.

Can't wait till our next cruise in September. Hopefully we can get in again.
Who knew!!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Remy's Reprise - March 25th

Revisiting my pictures is helping me to anticipate my dining options in a couple of weeks. I have to say, I am really looking forward to Remy's again!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #53
devine5829
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed this post. Being in the restaurant biz, I am looking forward to Remy for our April 5th cruise. Would love some more pics and wines reviews!!

devine5829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

thanks so much for the review and pictures!!!

i've been undecided as to whether to book Remy, but i'm convinced!!

so now that i've decided to go for it, what night should i book?

we're on the 4 day cruise, so i thought pirate night might be a good choice for Remy

and maybe i'll book palo as well. any of the regular rotation you would skip to eat at palo?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #55
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Remy's again Sunday Mar 25th

Just back at SSR - not yet posting pictures - catching up on email, dis, etc.

Dined at Palo on Fri night, Remy on Sun night. Both excellent again.

I prefer to do both, as food is a significant part of vacation.

I missed chance to see new Animator's Palette, which I hear is nice.

That said, Pirate's night is least favorite menu, French menu is favorite. Some trips I plan non-rotational dining to accommodate those preferences. Sometimes, I just roll with it.

Glad to hear you're giving it a try

This time, they did not provide personalized, take-away menus (like VnA), so I will not have a record of the wine pairings. Alas. They were very good.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #56
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

We were on the Dream in October, and just booked the Fantasy for December. Remy's was perhaps the finest dining experience we've ever had. We cannot wait to do it again.

And, oh, the marshmallows...
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #57
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Resurrecting this dormant thread to mention a special Remy Brunch that is available on sea days. We were recently on the Dream (PCC 3.0) for a 5-night double dip cruise and were the first people to be able to do this brunch on the Dream. The menu was:

Remy Champagne Brunch
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
On Board the Disney Dream

Pata Negra
Cremant d'Alsace Blanc de Blancs, Pinot Blanc

Gnocchi Chili
Taittinger Prestige Rose NV

Lobster Cauliflower
Saumur Veuve Amiot

Sea Bass, Egg, Thai
Pommery Rose NV

Veal Potato
Taittinger La Francaise NV

Chocolate
Moet & Chandon Ice NV

That's right, 6 courses. Each paired with a different champagne. As you would expect, service was impeccable. Food was outstanding. And I could actually detect the differences in the champagnes. Really amazing to me who thought I didn't like champagne.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #58
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

in the end, i didn't book remy - i decided that my sister really wouldn't like it..
so i reserved palo dinner for pirate night and palo brunch on sea day..

if i ever go it alone on the dream or fantasy, i'll certainly book remy!!

but i'm hoping to eat at V&A sometime during the week before my october cruise
Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #59
Orsino
Mouseketeer

Has there been a change in the quality at Remy's?

We were on the Fantasy over July 4th week and our meal at Remy's was not nearly as spectacular as this thread indicates. Even simply judging by the pictures, the meal presented here is much more elaborate than what we were served. I left Remy's unimpressed. In my opinion, Remy's is no where near as good as Victoria and Albert's.

We were served Wagyu at Remy's as well, and the presentation wasn't as nice or elaborate as the pictures in this thread. It was basically a hunk of meat on a plate. Didn't taste all that different from regular tenderloin either. The Wagyu at V&A's is much better.

I wanted to love Remy's, but I'll save my money and spend it at Palo or V&A's instead.
Orsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #60
DarthKarl
DDC 709

Remy's was the finest meal my wife and I have ever had. We sailed in June on the Fantasy and the experience at Remy's was the highlight of the entire cruise.
Disneyworld/Polynesian & Disney "Wonder": 2005
Disneyworld/Caribbean Beach & Disney "Dream": 2011
Disney "Fantasy": 2012

DIS Dad #709
DarthKarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: