Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #91
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

3 week dance!!!

I hear you on those slushies! When I was pregnant with DD, I would have dreams about those... It was a cruel, cruel thing! Have you tried the Grey Goose Limon one? If not, do! It's equally delicious, yet often overlooked. Ok, I want to get the blender out and try to figure out how to make those now, and it's only 9:15 in the morning !

Y'alls EPCOT day sounds great!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #92
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

I haven't tried the Grey Goose one yet, but now I think I'm going to have to!

I may need to get the blender out and try to make some too. Might calm me down a little. LOL. I took the day off today, and I'm sitting here watching the SEC tournament. Makes me nervous!! LOL

OH! And YAY for three week dancing!!! It's getting closer and closer!!!
johnsonginad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #93
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

OH YEAH!!! I almost forgot!!!

Emma's shirt for her Belle costume FINALLY came in! I ordered it online through JC Penney, and had it shipped to our local store. (Since that was free to do.) They were supposed to call me when it came in, but never did. I finally went by there and lo and behold it was there! I have pictures, but they are on my iPhone. I'll have to try to figure out how to get them on here!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #94
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

So I'm going to go a little off subject here for a few minutes.

Prince Charming and I both have iPhone's. Really OLD iPhone's. Old in the respect that he has a 3GS, and I have the even older, plain jane 3G. We've been toying with the idea of upgrading for a while, but had decided no to because any of the new phones that we would want are just so darn expensive. Why do they have to be so high???

Anyway, we had decided this several weeks ago, but you know how men are. They keep pushing an idea until they get the results they want , right? LOL...

So we were at Wal-Mart last night. (I seriously feel like I live there sometimes.) Emma and I had been in the Lalaloopsy section of the toys looking at the new ones they had out, and decided to bring home this cute little booger:

Meet Scribbles Splash! She's the adorable little sister of Spot Splatter Splash, and Emma just loves her to pieces! (The Lalaloopsy dolls are soooo adictive, and sooo cute!!!)

Ok...back on track So after we got done there, Prince Charming decides to go over to the electronics department (surprise, surprise) while Emma and I checked out one of the many Disney displays they have sitting around the store. Have you guys seen these? They have some of the coolest stuff on them! Really cute t-shirts, and some rockin' bags for Mommy. LOL. So I ended up just picking up a bag for myself. It will be perfect as a carry on, and Emma thinks I bought it to use at the pool this summer. It's really really cute though. It's red with white polka dots and has a minnie mouse head with a cute little bow on it.

OK...getting sidetracked again. LOL. So while Emma and I were looking at all the great Disney stuff, Prince Charming was in the electronics. I stopped to let him know that we were heading over to the kids section to look at shorts because they had some of them out and they were cheap! So Prince Charming comes over to meet us not long after that and shows me his phone. His iPhone had the dreaded "white screen of death". Uh Oh. NOT GOOD. Evidently he was talking to someone in the phone area and had his phone in his hand. Prince Charming talks with his hands. You know...the type that makes a lot of gestures when they speak. (I do it too. LOL). So, when he was talking, the phone flew out of his hand and hit the floor. Double Uh Oh. This is what caused the "white screen of death" to show up.

So why am I telling you all of this? I really don't know, to be honest. I think I'm needing to vent a little. I guess part of me realizes that it was an accident, but the other part thinks that the timing is just a little off. Prince Charming had just come home the day before talking about a new phone he had seen, and after we talked a bit, we decided that we didn't want to spend any extra money on these types of things until we had to. Well, now it's looking like we're going to have to, and it ticks me off a little, because it seems like the timing is just a little odd. Know what I mean? It almost seems like he did it on purpose. I really hate being like that, and I feel horrible for thinking it, but it's just so odd because getting a new phone has been all he's talked about for the last few days.

I guess I need a little advice here. Anyone ever had an iPhone that had this problem? Is it fixable? Or am I going to have to buy a new phone?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #95
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I actually had my iPhone for like 5 years !! It is the first one they came out with, until a few weeks ago when I was walking by the AT&T booth at the mall with it and the guy at the counter was laughing at me !!
Anyway, he talked me into an upgrade and I LOVE my new iPhone !
My old one still worked but the battery life was like 15 minutes and the screen was cracked. Other than that I never had any problems with it at all.
Not sure about the white screen of death.. But it doesn't sound good !
I hope you can find an inexpensive solution !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #96
JDailey
Mouseketeer

I am so excited you are keeping this trip a surprise! We go to Disney quite a bit and this will be our first trip in the summer, and guess what the kids have NO CLUE we are going!!! We are planning a long trip with friends in February 2013 that is the only trip they know about. It is killing me when the Disney Good Life commercials come on and the kids say "can we go back now"?? I know it will all be worth it when I get to see the surprise on their faces.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #97
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I actually had my iPhone for like 5 years !! It is the first one they came out with, until a few weeks ago when I was walking by the AT&T booth at the mall with it and the guy at the counter was laughing at me !!
Anyway, he talked me into an upgrade and I LOVE my new iPhone !
My old one still worked but the battery life was like 15 minutes and the screen was cracked. Other than that I never had any problems with it at all.
Not sure about the white screen of death.. But it doesn't sound good !
I hope you can find an inexpensive solution !
Well...I found the solution, but it wasn't at ALL what I was hoping for. LOL Prince Charming did all the searching he could online to see if there were any fixes for his problem, but alas, nothing worked. It is dead. I think we may have to have a funeral for it later. LOL

Prince Charming came up with a little, well, charming fix. He told me to go get him a new phone, and to upgrade mine in the process. So $320 later, he now has a Samsung Galaxy SII, and I have upgraded to the iPhone 4S. Let me tell ya. Best move I ever made! I really like it! It has a little more heft to it than my 3G did, and it is SO much faster! Oh boy, me likey! LOL

I hate that we had to spend that much money just to get new phones, but I guess it is what it is, right?

The moral of my story is, that if you see an all white screen pop up on your iPhone, do not pass Go, and do not collect $200. It is dead. There are a few fixes, but most likely if that happens after you drop it, then those fixes won't work.

On the brightside though, I had tried installing the Disney Magic app to my old phone and it didn't work. (Apparently it's not compatible with the ancient iPhone.) But I installed it on my new one and it works like a charm! Can't wait to use it in the parks for the first time! 2 weeks and 6 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
I am so excited you are keeping this trip a surprise! We go to Disney quite a bit and this will be our first trip in the summer, and guess what the kids have NO CLUE we are going!!! We are planning a long trip with friends in February 2013 that is the only trip they know about. It is killing me when the Disney Good Life commercials come on and the kids say "can we go back now"?? I know it will all be worth it when I get to see the surprise on their faces.

I know exactly what you mean! Those commercials kill me too! What am I saying, even just hearing the song on the radio kills me! LOL.

Yay for surprise trips! I think they're awesome!!! It will definitely be worth it when we get to see the looks on their sweet little faces, won't it?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #98
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

So I'm taking this time during a time out of the Kentucky game to make a little post. I have to tell you guys what Emma did last night.

So last night, I was sitting on the couch, and Emma was in the floor playing with glitter glue. (Making some grand creations, might I add.) And she suddenly started singing. This is what she sang:

"Disney World is my favorite place. Disney World is my favorite place. Disney World is Mommy and Daddy and Emma's favorite place. Disney World is the place where dreams come true!!!"

I came very close to telling her right then and there. But I didn't. I might have cried a little though. I will never tell.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #99
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

You are a very strong person! I def would have cracked and told her right then and there thinking this would have made me the bestest (my word!) parent EVER!
I just had a horrible thought... you aren't telling her until you go. Since that is the case...... WHEN WILL U TELL US HOW SHE TOOK IT????? You are going to be so busy getting to the airport and then having an amazing time at Disney that you won't remember to tell us all about it until you are home and remembering what a wonderful trip you had
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Crazy Mother of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #100
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
You are a very strong person! I def would have cracked and told her right then and there thinking this would have made me the bestest (my word!) parent EVER!
I just had a horrible thought... you aren't telling her until you go. Since that is the case...... WHEN WILL U TELL US HOW SHE TOOK IT????? You are going to be so busy getting to the airport and then having an amazing time at Disney that you won't remember to tell us all about it until you are home and remembering what a wonderful trip you had
I'm planning on take my trusty old laptop with me, and I'll have my iPhone too. I'll just have to get on here and type out a post while on en route to the airport! (I hope to anyway. ) Prince Charming's parents are going to be driving us down, and it takes about 45 minutes to get there, so I should have plenty of time to give you guys an update.

I can't wait to see her reaction!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #101
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Oh my......I would have had a hard time keeping the secret then!! I can't wait to see how she reacts. I still haven't really thought of how we are going to tell our kids. I think we are going to keep the suit cases in the basement and pack them down there. I have to think of a great way to tell them though.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #102
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Wednesday, April 4th

Moving right along here! On Wednesday, April 4th, we will be getting up pretty early again. On this day, we're headed to Animal Kingdom! My first visit to Animal Kingdom was in 1999, and let me tell ya, I was not impressed. I don't think that it really fit my vision of what Disney World was supposed to be like. But, I digress. When we went to AK last year, we had a spectacular time! It's amazing how I didn't realize just how beautiful this park really is, and how much detail it has to offer. We loved Camp Minnie Mickey, and It's Tough to be a Bug ranked high on our list too. The safari was awesome, and Kali River Rapids was a blast and a half! We didn't get to spend as much time here as we wanted to, because we "assumed" from our previous experience in 1999, that we would be through with this park by lunchtime. Boy were we ever wrong! We didn't get to do half the things we wanted to in the short time we were there! So, we plan on making up for it this time. Last year, we didn't get to the park until about 9:30 had to leave by 12:30 or so because we had ADRs at Akershus at 2pm. This time, we are going to participate in the park's EMH's that morning, and we don't have an ADR to go to until 4:50. So here's our plans for this day.

AK has EMH's that morning from 8am-9am. We are going to definitely be there for that. We will have a little over an hour to get some things accomplished. We're going to head to the safari first, because it's one of our must do's, and it's in the aread of the park we need to be in for our first ADR of the day. So, we plan on riding the safari, and then either grabbing a fastpass for it when we get off, or possibly sending Prince Charming to get fastpasses for Expedition Everest. We didn't get to do this one last time, because we ran out of time, so we just HAVE to experience it this time! I don't know if we'll be able to get Emma to do it or not, but at least we can do a rider switch on it if necessary.

At 9:30, we have ADRs here:

We've never eaten here before. I haven't had a chance to read many dining reviews, but I would assume that it's your basic standard breakfast buffet, but with some really cool characters sprinkled in! (and apparently, some really good juice too! )

From there, we'll have a good amount of time for touring available. I have several things that I want to do there too. I have a list of must do's, and most of them, I've never gotten to do before!

My first, absolute must do is to see Festival of the Lion King. I was so disappointed that we didn't get to see this last year, so it's at the top of my list to do this time.

Also, Finding Nemo-The Musical, is ranked high on my list. This will be another first for us as well.

Rounding out the list for after breakfast are a bunch of the "givens" or the things that we know we like, and have to do again. Those things would be:

1. It's Tough To Be a Bug
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Visiting Camp Minnie Mickey
4. Finding as many Characters as we can!

One thing that I don't mind missing here? Flights of Wonder. Birds scare the crud out of me. I don't like them. I never will. Ever since that time Prince Charming and I went into a pet shop and that big stupid bird that was OUT OF IT'S CAGE squawked at me and flapped it's big ole wings at me, I've been terrified of them. Just the thought of a great big bird swooping over me is enough to start tremors. Yep, I'm a wuss.

It won't be necessary for us to leave the park until at least 3:45 or maybe even 4:00. At that time, we'll catch a bus over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at:

I am so excited to see what this ADR has in store for us! What could be better than dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming (her's and mine ) and the step family? This has some serious potential to be an EXTRA fun time!

I'm not sure what will do after dinner. We will either head back to the resort for a rest, or head out to a park. I already know that the park will be MK, it just remains to be seen if a break will be in order before we head that direction. You see, this particular night is our last night there. (Wow...just typing that makes me sad.) We ALWAYS go to MK on our last night. It's a night to take it all in and watch MSEP and Wishes one last time before going home.

Have no fear though! The next day promises even more fun for us!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #103
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Oh my......I would have had a hard time keeping the secret then!! I can't wait to see how she reacts. I still haven't really thought of how we are going to tell our kids. I think we are going to keep the suit cases in the basement and pack them down there. I have to think of a great way to tell them though.
I know...getting to come up with an idea of how to tell them is so much fun! You can be so creative with it! I just don't know how much longer I can hold out though. LOL!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #104
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Sorry that your DH's iPhone died. We just recently upgraded from 3GS to 4 and 4S (I got the 4S). We kept insurance on ours, and even though mine was trying so hard to die, I could have had mine replaced -- however, I so wanted the 4S, so we just upgraded. The 4 was $99, which wasn't bad at all for a new phone. The 4S, however, was $199, so that hurt a little. But it was worth it. Glad you're liking your new phone!

I had issues with the Disney app all week. It kept telling me I was in a different park (or at a resort). Like, I'd be at Epcot (Future World) and it would tell me I was at Wilderness Lodge. I'd reset the app and then it would usually work, but it was really getting on my last nerve. Also, the app said Mission Space was 10 minute wait, so sent DH and DD over. It was 40 minute wait for Orange and 60 minute wait for Green. I even checked the app again when they text me and reset it, and it still said 10 minutes. But when it was working, it worked and it was epic! It was really nice to not have to trek all the way across the park to find out the wait was longer than we were willing to handle. (And for the record, others who used the app did NOT have issues.)

Can't wait to hear about the surprise!

We did lunch at TH, and dinner at 1900 on our recent trip! (Really wishing we were back.) Hope your love TH as much as we did!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #105
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Sorry that your DH's iPhone died. We just recently upgraded from 3GS to 4 and 4S (I got the 4S). We kept insurance on ours, and even though mine was trying so hard to die, I could have had mine replaced -- however, I so wanted the 4S, so we just upgraded. The 4 was $99, which wasn't bad at all for a new phone. The 4S, however, was $199, so that hurt a little. But it was worth it. Glad you're liking your new phone!

I had issues with the Disney app all week. It kept telling me I was in a different park (or at a resort). Like, I'd be at Epcot (Future World) and it would tell me I was at Wilderness Lodge. I'd reset the app and then it would usually work, but it was really getting on my last nerve. Also, the app said Mission Space was 10 minute wait, so sent DH and DD over. It was 40 minute wait for Orange and 60 minute wait for Green. I even checked the app again when they text me and reset it, and it still said 10 minutes. But when it was working, it worked and it was epic! It was really nice to not have to trek all the way across the park to find out the wait was longer than we were willing to handle. (And for the record, others who used the app did NOT have issues.)

Can't wait to hear about the surprise!

We did lunch at TH, and dinner at 1900 on our recent trip! (Really wishing we were back.) Hope your love TH as much as we did!
Ugh...it did hurt to have to spend $199 on the 4S, but I do like it.

I hope we love TH too!!! SO...when are you starting your TR? I'm ready to hear all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: