Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #76
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
YAY for Mickey mail! sorry for having to wait so long to open it. LOL

What a perfectly magical interaction your dd got to have with Pluto!! My dd loves pluto so i can just see how much fun that would be

and as for the costume - PICTURE????? please LOL
I will most definitely take a picture of it! I'm just waiting for the shirt. I should have it all sometime this week.
johnsonginad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #77
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Monday, April 2nd

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!!!!!

I hope everybody is doing quite well this morning. I'm getting there...still don't have quite enough coffee in me yet. But you know how that goes! LOL.

I thought I'd take a little time this morning and go over our plans for our next day!

The last day I talked about was the LONG day at MK. Hopefully we'll be there to shut it down at 2 am!! Because of this LOOOOONG day, we have affectionately started calling the next day our "hangover day" Most likely because when we get up we might feel like we have a hangover. Maybe we should find a place to start our day with a nice Bloody Mary? HAHA...j/k...(but that does sound good.)

OK...OK...on to the real plans!!!

We plan on going back to MK the next morning, because we have an ADR at one of our favorite character breakfasts from our last trip:

Can't wait to dine with Pooh and his pals again! Who am I kidding? I can't wait for the corned beef hash either!

After breakfast, we honestly have NO IDEA what we're going to do. We may stay in MK, we may go to a different park. We just don't know yet. This is the day that we are going to play by ear and just go wherever the heck we feel like. And after that long night from the day before, it might just mean breakfast and a nap! NAP? In Disney??? NAHHHHH!!!! We'll go somewhere! We just don't know where yet.

Now I know I have said this alot, but on this night, we have an ADR that I've been dreaming of. We are going to a place that I've wanted to try for quite some time. What is it, you ask?

We are headed to The California Grill!!!!

I am so unbelievable excited about this place. I'm planning on making...er...asking my family to dress up a little for this occassion. I want some really good pictures of us! Of course, some amount of matching is completely necessary too. I'm not sure what DH will think of being all matchy matchy so much during our trip, but I hope he doesn't mind!

Our dinner reservations at CG are relatively early, so we'll have the rest of the night to do whatever we want. This is also NCAA championship game day, so if a certain basketball team makes it all the way, I'm sure I'll be needing to check the score QUITE often. LOL

So...there you have our plans for the day. Not many plans so far but the ADR's, but the food is definitely imortant, right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #78
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Sounds like some fun days so far! I have to admit, I'm jealous of y'alls late MK night! We are used to doing those, but with DD this time around, I think that's out of the question! In a few years when we are past her 7:30 bedtime, we can get back to late EMH!

Also, excited for CG for you! Hoping DH and I can get and ADR there for our night out on our trip in June!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #79
wakica
DIS Veteran

I nap often at disney but when we're in the parks it's GO GO GO!! commando style. Maybe i won't need naps this time since we'll be out of the parks by around 3ish most days and will do our evening trips on a second day (most days anyway).

Good Luck on the matching outfits. I did up some matching Disney shirts our last trip but have been told not this time by dh and dd . oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Can't wait to see the pics once they are ready.

Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #80
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Sounds like some fun days so far! I have to admit, I'm jealous of y'alls late MK night! We are used to doing those, but with DD this time around, I think that's out of the question! In a few years when we are past her 7:30 bedtime, we can get back to late EMH!

Also, excited for CG for you! Hoping DH and I can get and ADR there for our night out on our trip in June!
Disney is pretty much the ONLY place that we'll allow Emma to stay up past her bedtime. I was shocked at how well she handled it last year. We kept trying to leave semi-early on our late EMH day at MK, but she would have no part of it! She was having WAY too much fun. I hope it's like that again this time!!

I hope you guys can get an ADR for CG for your trip too! I am so excited about it. I keep looking at the menu for it and at some reviews on here, and it just makes me even more excited. What to eat though...sushi?? flatbread? I just don't know! LOL

Quote:
I nap often at disney but when we're in the parks it's GO GO GO!! commando style. Maybe i won't need naps this time since we'll be out of the parks by around 3ish most days and will do our evening trips on a second day (most days anyway).

Good Luck on the matching outfits. I did up some matching Disney shirts our last trip but have been told not this time by dh and dd . oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Can't wait to see the pics once they are ready.
We did naps too when we were there. The biggest nap day is our long day in MK. There is almost always a call for a nap that day.

I have know clue what to do for matching outfits, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime within the next three weeks.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #81
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Just had to post here to let you guys know that it's only 26 days until we're there!!!!

I have to post it so I can see it sometimes when I'm not at work. At about the 60 day mark, I put a little post-it note on my pencil cup that sits on my desk. Everyday I have changed it to show how many days we have left before Disney!!! LOL. I get so excited every morning!!! It's always the first thing I do when I get to work.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #82
wakica
DIS Veteran

oooooh yay for YOU!

I know how exciting it is to count down each day. It's just so cool to see one day less every time - I'm the same way - for DH though I only tell him maybe every week or so otherwise he's like eh.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #83
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

I know I'm late but you know...better late than never! Loving your PTR and cannot wait to hear how your DD took her big surprise!
I have 18 months to go. Waaay too long! But reading all these PTR and TR keep me feeling the magic!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Crazy Mother of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #84
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
oooooh yay for YOU!

I know how exciting it is to count down each day. It's just so cool to see one day less every time - I'm the same way - for DH though I only tell him maybe every week or so otherwise he's like eh.
It IS exciting! LOL. It's always the highlight of my morning! Get a cup of coffee (check), change the number on the sticky note (check) AHHHH...so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
I know I'm late but you know...better late than never! Loving your PTR and cannot wait to hear how your DD took her big surprise!
I have 18 months to go. Waaay too long! But reading all these PTR and TR keep me feeling the magic!
Howdy! I'm glad your here! I'm glad you are enjoying it, it's my first one!

The closer it gets, the harder it is to keep the trip a secret! I can't wait!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #85
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Let the Madness Begin

Yep...I'm officially NUTS. We are still 3 weeks and 4 days away from our trip, and I'm already packing.

Prince Charming brought the suitcases in two weeks ago, and we've had them chillin' out in the sunroom. For weeks, I've been taking stuff out there and stacking it up, but now it's getting to where I'm having to actually put it IN the suitcase.

Our sunroom is just another room on the side of our house, not really an actual sunroom at all. You see, the house we live in is an older home that we've remodeled. The sunroom actually used to be a porch that one of the previous owners had closed in. When we bought the house, that room had BRIGHT yellow walls and blue carpet. Seriously...It was HORRIBLE.

YIPES...I'm so getting off subject. Let me get back on track here.

Anyway...I've been gathering things and storing them in the sunroom OUT IN THE OPEN. Yep...I'm a brave woman. Really, Emma hardley EVER goes in there. She went in there last night and she said "Mommy? Are you going through my summer clothes to see what all I have? Are you trying to see if you need to buy me more?"

"Uh...yep. That's exactly what I'm doing." I said. Man...I hate fibbing to my little one. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

She never even noticed the suitcases. Because she definitely would have said something if she did. Emma is very vocal, and leaves nothing to the imagination.

So,yep, I'm almost done packing. I made a rough list of things we needed to take last night and started looking at what I had gathered. I don't have much left to get together. I am shocked. Prince Charming has been helping too. So what I haven't put out there, he has. He bought himself a new Swiss Army backpack to use as our park bag several months ago, and we started packing it last night. It doesn't have much in it yet though. Just a pack of baby wipes, and some cut strips of moleskin. Doing good there aren't we?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #86
wakica
DIS Veteran

wow on being packed so much already!!! That's awesome! and YAY for PC (short for prince charming) on doing his part already too

That was a nice save with DD too. but honestly it's not REALLY lying is it?? bc you do need to know if she has everything she's going to need and do some shopping if she's short on anything right??? For my dd I've told her a few times we need to make time to go through her stuff so we know what we need to buy too so hey - it's all a part of the season

I might have to read back again bc i can't remember when/how your going to tell her. i can't wait to find out how that goes.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #87
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
wow on being packed so much already!!! That's awesome! and YAY for PC (short for prince charming) on doing his part already too

That was a nice save with DD too. but honestly it's not REALLY lying is it?? bc you do need to know if she has everything she's going to need and do some shopping if she's short on anything right??? For my dd I've told her a few times we need to make time to go through her stuff so we know what we need to buy too so hey - it's all a part of the season

I might have to read back again bc i can't remember when/how your going to tell her. i can't wait to find out how that goes.
That's what I kept telling myself. I wasn't REALLY lying.

We are definitely waiting to tell her until the morning that we leave. We're going to play One Republic's "Good Life" in the living room and wake her up with our light up Mickey ears on. Then tell her to put on her ears, because we're going to Disney World!!!

24 days and counting! It's almost time!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #88
wakica
DIS Veteran

oh, that's right! I remember now Sure hope you'll have some time that day or soon after to let us know how it went. Otherwise i'd have to wait til you were back?!?!? lol

Me dh dd(16)
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #89
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
oh, that's right! I remember now Sure hope you'll have some time that day or soon after to let us know how it went. Otherwise i'd have to wait til you were back?!?!? lol
Oh yes...I fully intend on taking the trusty Dell with me on this trip. I will just HAVE to let you guys know how it goes!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #90
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Tuesday, April 3

Now it's time to look at Tuesday, April 3. It's Epcot Day!!!

Epcot opens on this day at 9 am, so we'll get to sleep in a wee bit before heading out for the day. Planning on making a beeline for Soarin', and then heading over to Test Track to start out our day.

We'll hang around and play in Future World for a while, go see the Fab Five at the Character Spot, and get Emma to try the Beverly again at Club Cool. I wonder if she'll remember it from last year, and decide not to drink it?

We'll head over to the World Showcase when it opens at 11, and meander around until our 12:00 ADR at Le Cellier. I think Prince Charming is REALLY excited about this one. I mean, seriously...He looks at pictures of the food from there AT LEAST once a week. We've never eaten there before, but I am ready for some of that soup and some pretzel bread!

After we have eaten, we'll roll ourselves out of there and back into the World Showcase for some touring. And maybe a little...ahem...drinking around the world? I think I may just make a beeline for the little cart in France that sells the Grand Marnier slushes. And then I will proceed to drink multiples of them. Those things are THE BOMB!!! I really think I could make myself sick...or extremely broke...or both!!! LOL

OK...back on track...

So we'll hang out in World Showcase for a while, and maybe head back to the resort for some swimming or a nap later that afternoon. Because at 8 pm, we have big plans, baby! We are taking Emma to the Spirit of Aloha show that night. My parents took me when we were there on our trip when I was in the sixth grade, and it was so much fun! My mom and dad, (known as NiNi and Poppa) told Emma all about the Luau last year when we went, so she has continually asked to go to where they hula dance. YAY! This should be a lot of fun. I'm excited to get to go back after all these years, and Prince Charming is thoroughly excited about the unlimited beer. Do they still do the Pina Colada's there? It's been SO long, and my mom (NiNi) said that they had GREAT ones there. If they do, I might just have to have one. The only thing though, is that I may not need one after a couple of those heavenly slushes from earlier. (Days like this make me SO glad that they have on site transportation in the World. THANK YOU BUS DRIVER'S!!! ) LOL

Epcot has EMH's that night until 12:00am, so we may head back over there after the luau if we feel so inclined to do so, or we may go on back to the resort. We'll just have to see!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: