Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #61
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm so glad you had a great .. but peculiar weekend! And I'm super happy that your DD is excited over her unknown upcoming trip! She'll be so tickled!!! I can't wait to hear all about her reaction when you tell her!
Oh my, it was peculiar. I can't wait until I get to tell her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is going to be SSOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! lol. i can't beleive how well you keep a secret!!!! lol
I can't believe it either, actually. I'm quite proud of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Awe I'm SO excited for your little one !!! She is going to be SO happy.
I don't know how you kept such a big secret but you rule !
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not hardly, but thanks! You have no idea how hard it's been to not tell her. Especially when she says things like that. The closer it gets, the harder it is too!

You guys are all too sweet! So glad that you decided to tag along with us!
johnsonginad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so glad you had a great .. but peculiar weekend! And I'm super happy that your DD is excited over her unknown upcoming trip! She'll be so tickled!!! I can't wait to hear all about her reaction when you tell her!
OH MY GOSH! I just realized how close you are to your trip!!!! How exciting!!!!!!! Have you started to not be able to sleep yet?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #63
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad View Post
OH MY GOSH! I just realized how close you are to your trip!!!! How exciting!!!!!!! Have you started to not be able to sleep yet?
I'm not sleeping due to other issues going on right now. I only pray that I can move to the "not sleeping because I'm excited for WDW" segment of my life.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #64
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not sleeping due to other issues going on right now. I only pray that I can move to the "not sleeping because I'm excited for WDW" segment of my life.
I hope so too. Let me know if you need anything. I will be praying!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #65
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope so too. Let me know if you need anything. I will be praying!
Aww, thank you! That is very sweet of you. We'll be okay, just gotta play that dumb ole waiting game and then take it from there. But honestly, I won't sleep well until my fur-baby is curled up on top of my legs again. But in the meantime, I'm here and enjoying everyone's PTRs.

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #66
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aww, thank you! That is very sweet of you. We'll be okay, just gotta play that dumb ole waiting game and then take it from there. But honestly, I won't sleep well until my fur-baby is curled up on top of my legs again. But in the meantime, I'm here and enjoying everyone's PTRs.
You're quite welcome.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #67
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Our First Full Day!

30 days and counting until we're there!!!!!

I figured that this would be a good time to talk about our plans for our first full day in the parks. This day was a really hard decision for us. We really like going to MK on our first full day, but in looking at EMH's for our time there, we came up with a different plan. I hope we don't regret our decision! Here...We...GO!!!

When we left of at the last update, I told you guys that we would head in at a decent time on arrival day, because we have big plans for rope drop the next morning. We actually have plans almost every morning, but who's counting, right?

We plan on getting up bright and early on 3/31 so we can head over to Hollywood Studios for rope drop at 8 am. Yep...We're going to join the running herds over to TSM. Our plans are to jump in line and ride, then grab fast passes on the way out. (Isn't that the order it should be done? ) Next we'll do as much as we can in whatever order we feel like. Now that's a heck of a plan isn't it?

We will have until 9:30 am to do a little touring before we have breakfast here:

I have a feeling that a certain little girl is going to LOVE this! She watches Disney Jr. every day, and just loves everything on it. A clear favorite for character interaction will probably be this adorable guy:

After breakfast, we'll stay in the park as long as we can. We will most likely take a break at some point (maybe), but then we'll be back for 5:10 reservations here:

We chose a Fantasmic dinner package for this one, too, that will get us into the 8:30 show that night. We've never gotten to see Fantasmic before, so this will be a lot of fun for us. We had plans to see it last year, but it got rained out. I hope that we have good luck with weather this time!

Speaking of weather...Last year when we were in WDW, it rained A LOT. I mean A WHOLE LOT. The day we went to HS, it rained so much and the winds got up pretty high. We actually had to take cover in one of the shops for about an hour at one point. I mean it rained buckets and buckets of water. So...I'm putting in my request for outstanding weather while we're there. I just haven't figured out who to send it to yet.

Considering that the park closes at 10 that night, it will be another relatively early evening for us. It's probably a good thing though, because the next day we're off for our first full day in MK, and a 7am rope drop!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #68
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm excited to try H&V breakfast! We love Jake! Did you see Peter Pan Returns?

A 7am RD? My DH would kill me if I even considered it.

Fingers are crossed for great weather and you're able to see F! I really enjoyed it. I hear a lot of negative comments, but I think those people are on crack. It's one of my favorite shows.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm excited to try H&V breakfast! We love Jake! Did you see Peter Pan Returns?

A 7am RD? My DH would kill me if I even considered it.

Fingers are crossed for great weather and you're able to see F! I really enjoyed it. I hear a lot of negative comments, but I think those people are on crack. It's one of my favorite shows.
I'm excited about it too! Jake is one of our favorites. We haven't gotten to see Peter Pan Returns yet. I DVR'd it because it came on at a time that no one was home. We haven't even had a chance to watch it yet. Was it good???

I am terrified about that 7 am rope drop, but DH is determined to get there for it. I think he's as big of a Disney nut as I am!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #70
wakica
DIS Veteran

YAY for rope drops. I'm not so much a fan for early morning hours tho. lol. i agree with a pp it's SOOOO early I find it early enough being early for rope drop as it is.

Your right - there is no other way to do TSMM It definitely needs to be fast passed and rode first thing. The wait times on it build SO FAST!!!! We havn't done TSMM yet so I'm SOOO excited for this one!

i can't beleive you leave in LESS than a month!!!!!!!! Wish my countdown was at that point but I'm at just under 60.

Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #71
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
YAY for rope drops. I'm not so much a fan for early morning hours tho. lol. i agree with a pp it's SOOOO early I find it early enough being early for rope drop as it is.

Your right - there is no other way to do TSMM It definitely needs to be fast passed and rode first thing. The wait times on it build SO FAST!!!! We havn't done TSMM yet so I'm SOOO excited for this one!

i can't beleive you leave in LESS than a month!!!!!!!! Wish my countdown was at that point but I'm at just under 60.
I know! I can't believe it either! Just 29 days!!! !!!

Trust me, those 60 will go by quicker than you think. I'm still in shock that it's just 29 days til we get there!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #72
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Happy Thursday evening everyone! It is a spectacular day, indeed! The weather here was GORGEOUS, and spring is well on it's way!!! But, there are two more things that have made this day even better!!!

1. Only 29 more days until we are in WDW!

and

2. We got Mickey Mail today!!!!!!!!!

Yep! You read that right, Mickey Mail was received at this household today!!!! I know it's all of our vouchers and stuff for our vacay, but I still can't wait to open it. I can't open it yet though. Prince Charming wants me to wait for him to be here (he's still at work) AND we have to wait for a certain little girl to go to bed.

Because I have to wait a while, I figure what better use of my time would there be than to update the old PTR? Right???

So hold on!!!! Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #73
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Sunday, April 1st

This is the day that I am most excited about!

We will be spending all day in our most favoritest (yep...I make up words sometimes...) park EVER! The Magic Kingdom!!!!!

There are EMH's planned at two different times on this day for MK. The first is from 7am-8am, and the second is from 11pm-2am. Now last year when we were there, they had 11pm-2am EMH's at the MK on the day we were there. It was a FABULOUS day! We opened up the park that morning at 8, toured until about 1 and then returned to our resort for a break. After a really awesome nap, and some dinner, we headed back around 6 or so. Boy oh boy was little miss thang a trooper! She didn't want to leave! We closed down the park that night and had the time of our lives!!!!

We rode every ride, saw the MSEP, and I cried through Wishes. But the best part happened right before we left. As we were making our way through fantasyland to leave for the night, we saw Pluto! He immediately got down on all fours and ahem, "ran" over to Emma (this is her real name. I was confusing myself calling her Wendy. I almost actually called her that to her face the other day. ) Anyway...after Pluto ran over to her he started "licking" her face. I swear ya'll, it was the sweetest moment I have ever seen. Emma was giggling and loving every minute of it!

Ok...back on track.

So, after we open up the park at 7 am (hopefully), we will have plenty of time before we go to breakfast at 12:05 at one of the places that Emma has been wanting to go to:

YIPPEE FOR CHEF MICKEY'S!!!!!!!

We figure that we'll play it by ear after that. We may go back to the park, then again we might head back to the resort and swim and rest for a while. Sometime that evening, we are going to head back to MK. We have 9:15 reservations for another one of Emma's picks, Cinderella's Royal Table. This should be a lot of fun! This is where I have another special surprise for Emma. One of my very bestest (there I go again. LOL) friends can sew. (I am impressed, because this is a skill that I lack.) I bought the fabric and all the extras, and had her make Miss Emma a costume to wear that night! She's going to be going as Belle, in her peasant dress. The costume is absolutely AHHHH-DOR-A-BLE. She will be so excited!!!

We're going to try to last as long as we can. I hope we can make it til close!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #74
wakica
DIS Veteran

YAY for Mickey mail! sorry for having to wait so long to open it. LOL

What a perfectly magical interaction your dd got to have with Pluto!! My dd loves pluto so i can just see how much fun that would be

and as for the costume - PICTURE????? please LOL

Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #75
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm excited about it too! Jake is one of our favorites. We haven't gotten to see Peter Pan Returns yet. I DVR'd it because it came on at a time that no one was home. We haven't even had a chance to watch it yet. Was it good???

I am terrified about that 7 am rope drop, but DH is determined to get there for it. I think he's as big of a Disney nut as I am!
It was adorable! I enjoyed it as a mommy, and both kids have watched it several times now. We DVR'ed it also, watched it off the DVR a couple of times, and then it's been on repeat a few times, which we watched even more. I can't wait to ask Jake if he had a good visit with Peter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: