Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #151
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bamommy View Post
I just changed our reservations from the POFQ (never been before) to the AKL. I called about 30 minutes ago and made the change. DH and I have never been to the AKL and based on the pics in this thread alone I can tell it will not disappoint!

Thanks to you for all of the great work in creating this thread. I look forward to reading through the whole thread this weekend.

My hubby is finishing up a year long deployment in Afghanistan (his 4th) and we are taking this family vacation when he comes home. I am keeping the AKL upgrade a surprise from him and he'll find out the day we arrive (we're driving).

I'm so excited!!!
I hope you have a wonderful trip. Wow, fourteen weeks early! Your daughter is a miracle. I hope her health is good. Thank your husband and you and your family for his/your service.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #152
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
I just changed our reservations from the POFQ (never been before) to the AKL. I called about 30 minutes ago and made the change. DH and I have never been to the AKL and based on the pics in this thread alone I can tell it will not disappoint!

Thanks to you for all of the great work in creating this thread. I look forward to reading through the whole thread this weekend.

My hubby is finishing up a year long deployment in Afghanistan (his 4th) and we are taking this family vacation when he comes home. I am keeping the AKL upgrade a surprise from him and he'll find out the day we arrive (we're driving).

I'm so excited!!!
You will have fun. Yeah for Disney vacay after deployments!!! The one good thing to a deployment if there is one

Chrissy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 03:26 AM   #153
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Many of you have been asking about Bob's progress. And I have been saying things are pretty much as they have been for the past six months. However, on Saturday he shared a new "trick" that he has been practicing while I am not at home. It is sideways on the video and I cannot get it to right itself, since my phone says it IS right!

But I thought I would share what Bob surprised me with:

YEAH Bob

Chrissy
Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #154
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #155
KEPE
Mouseketeer

Hi all, posted on the other thread, not really sure if I should do it there or here or if it doesn't matter?

Anyway, we (DH, DD and me) made our first trip to WDW in Oct. (first trip ever for DD and first time for DH and I in 17 years). We stayed at CSR and loved it but I've looked at the pics and the info on here and I just love the look. So for our next trip, between xmas and new year of this year we are thinking of AKL. Very excited to learn more about the resort. One question, we will not have a car so we will be using the buses. At CSR we didn't mind them at all, they came often, never too crowded and the ride was fairly quick. I know they will be much more crowded this time around just given the time of year but for anyone who uses them do you find them come often? Is the ride much longer than it would be from CSR?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #156
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPE View Post
Hi all, posted on the other thread, not really sure if I should do it there or here or if it doesn't matter?

Anyway, we (DH, DD and me) made our first trip to WDW in Oct. (first trip ever for DD and first time for DH and I in 17 years). We stayed at CSR and loved it but I've looked at the pics and the info on here and I just love the look. So for our next trip, between xmas and new year of this year we are thinking of AKL. Very excited to learn more about the resort. One question, we will not have a car so we will be using the buses. At CSR we didn't mind them at all, they came often, never too crowded and the ride was fairly quick. I know they will be much more crowded this time around just given the time of year but for anyone who uses them do you find them come often? Is the ride much longer than it would be from CSR?
OK to post on either -- we just never know when AKL Lite 6 will be locked though, so this thread has a slight advantage!

Opinions will differ, but I have stayed at AKL/AKV numerous times and have never had an issue with the buses. The park buses stop first at Kidani, then Jambo and there may be times when there just isn't enough room on a bus - but that is usually only for park opening. (DTD bus goes to Jambo first, then Kidani.)

There is a CM at the Jambo bus stop monitoring the flow during peak times and they will request a bus from Dispatch when they see overcrowding.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #157
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

ATTENTION:

A new policy is being set forth, that shall be adhered to at all times, and is punishable by law:

Henceforth, let it be known that, in all future proceedings, this, and all future threads, shall include a mandatory dress code as follows:

...without said uniform, you shall be prohibited from indulging in our weekly ritual:

....carry on.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #158
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites!

More domes on here this morning, tiggrbaby. You are the best!

Kim... dress code is duly noted. Is there some lead time so we can order those shirts from zazzle??

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #159
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats on making a great resort choice! (POFQ is a wonderful resort, but AKL is better! )

Thank you and bless you and your family for the sacrifices you have made.
Thanks so much!! We've never stayed at a moderate resort but that will have to be left for another trip, lol. We have stayed at the Poly before (which WAS another ressy change as I had booked the WL that time but changed it last minute...ugh) and we didn't love it there.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #160
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so excited!!!
Congratulation on your upcoming AKL vacation. I am sure you will be amazed at all the work and details that have gone into the lodge. What a wonderful surprise for your DH!

Thank you both for your service to this great country! You both have made many sacrifices and it is very much appreciated. Be sure to have reservations note that your DH will just be returning from deployment in afghanistan. Perhaps there will be a little during your stay.

We will all be here, so drop in anytime and ask questions, tell us about your plans and just enjoy hanging out here with us.

Angel16
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #161
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
ATTENTION:

A new policy is being set forth, that shall be adhered to at all times, and is punishable by law:

Henceforth, let it be known that, in all future proceedings, this, and all future threads, shall include a mandatory dress code as follows:

...without said uniform, you shall be prohibited from indulging in our weekly ritual:

....carry on.
Kim, Love the new shirt and how you designed it so quickly. I am going to start my order as soon as I finish posting this.

Since you found time to design and make the super cool ZD shirt I am sure you have the first edition of your Cruise to nowhere trip report done! Right?

Inquiring minds would Love to know!

Angel16
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #162
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31997 View Post
You will have fun. Yeah for Disney vacay after deployments!!! The one good thing to a deployment if there is one
That is SO TRUE, lol! 65 more days until we arrive

Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #163
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Congratulation on your upcoming AKL vacation. I am sure you will be amazed at all the work and details that have gone into the lodge. What a wonderful surprise for your DH!

Thank you both for your service to this great country! You both have made many sacrifices and it is very much appreciated. Be sure to have reservations note that your DH will just be returning from deployment in afghanistan. Perhaps there will be a little during your stay.

We will all be here, so drop in anytime and ask questions, tell us about your plans and just enjoy hanging out here with us.

Angel16
Thank you very much!! I look forward to learning more about the resort from everyone. From the pictures I have seen so far it is stunning! I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the change a secret, lol. I *might* tell him after he comes home next month so he can enjoy "planning" some of our time there too.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #164
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Kim, Love the new shirt and how you designed it so quickly. I am going to start my order as soon as I finish posting this.

Since you found time to design and make the super cool ZD shirt I am sure you have the first edition of your Cruise to nowhere trip report done! Right?

Inquiring minds would Love to know!

Angel16
...uhhhhhhh......
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #165
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
I hope you have a wonderful trip. Wow, fourteen weeks early! Your daughter is a miracle. I hope her health is good. Thank your husband and you and your family for his/your service.
Thank you!! Yes, she is doing very well considering the rough start she had. She was 2 pounds 1 ounce and stayed in the NICU for 95 days. Even then she stayed on oxygen at home for many months but is doing great now other than developmental delays which are very normal for micro preemies.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: