Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #61
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Not that I wish this one on you..but last Spring our basement flooded when the 10 feet of snow that we got melted..and our kids (bless them) said.."Hey! It smells like Splash Mountain down there!" - not sure that is a good thing.

Ah yes, we had a similar experience. A week later our dog got sprayed by a skunk coming out of hibernation. Not at all like the skunk smell in the Figment ride, not at all.... Spring in the Great White North, it's not all robins & daffodils!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #62
ppony
Artist in residence

OP, not nuts! smell is a very powerful sense and can and does remind us so much of memories. Especially fond ones! I LOVE when something reminds me of Disney! We call when the house is REALLY clean, w/ bleach "Disney clean".

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #63
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volne View Post
HAHA! I'm not the only one! Whenever I smell apple fritters from starbucks it reminds me of the smell from walking into EPCOT via the international gateway!
I always smell the fish & chips as soon as I get to the top of the hill. Where is the apple fritter smell coming from at the IG?

On another thread, someone mentioned a smoked salt that Trader Joe's sells and how it smells exactly like the burning of Rome scene on Spaceship Earth!
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #64
LittleMissMusical
Future Disney Princess!!!

I was shopping at sephora the other day and realized the new MARC by MARC JACOBS perfume Oh Lola! smells a lot like the be our guest scene in philharmagic. Needless to say I put some on and was smelling my wrist the rest of the day!
LittleMissMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #65
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs0006 View Post
My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.
I love that smell too! We stayed at a Westin hotel in Atlanta that smelled the same, and they had the lotion and hair products in the hotel room. Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl View Post
This one you can actually buy directly from Westin at Home - it is their white tea fragrance which is in all of their hotels (Westin, Sheraton, etc). Just google Westin at Home and it's usually under their spa category. They have candles, oil diffusers, and scent machines - they aren't cheap though!
Thanks for the reminder, I'll be visiting the site before I go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheblood View Post
The Beachwalk candle at Yankee Candle Company smells like Soarin' when you go over the Ocean.
Yes, I have smelled that one. My daughter agrees.

Smells and scents are very powerful. Many things remind me of Disney. The Dancing Waters scent from Bath and Body Works always reminded me of Soarin also.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #66
KristinU
DIS Veteran

DH and I test drove a used Prius last week that smelled just like what we call "Monorail Funk"! We both said we love WDW, but don't want anything to do with a car that smells like Monorail

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
DH and I test drove a used Prius last week that smelled just like what we call "Monorail Funk"! We both said we love WDW, but don't want anything to do with a car that smells like Monorail
There was a post on a thread several years ago, where someone said that the monorail smells like an old Bandaid!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #68
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
Im always in Target, never in the bathroom. Next trip to target.. for a bottle of komodo and a trip to their restroom.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri
Also Kerri -- don't know if this is what your usher wears or not, but I bought it specifically because it smells just like the Soarin' ocean scene(luckily DH likes it too) ~ next time you're in a dept store, get a sample of D & G Light Blue cologne

I really love this thread -- will have to keep checking back to see what other suggestions there are
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #69
DustyPixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend View Post
The Glade Christmas Pine plug in smells JUST like the pine trees you smell on Soarin'. My friend came into my office around Christmas time, took a deep breath, and asked why my office smelled like Soarin'. LOL.
I was thinking the same thing! I bought the spray air freshener version of Glade Christmas Pine in December The first time I sprayed it, I hollered to my son to come quick and smell it because it smelled just like the pine forests in Soarin'! He agreed.

Actually, many scents I smell take me right back to Disney via my nose. I love how scents and aromas tie us to very special places and times in our lives.

WDW: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011(2)

January 2013: First Trip to Disneyland and California Adventure!
DustyPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #70
Magic_Kingdom
Mouseketeer

I'll have to write down the names of those Yankee Candles, I love Yankees and I would love my whole room to smell like a Disney World smell! I love when you smell something that brings back Disney memories, I had a bath using a Lush product months ago and everyone in my house thought it smelled like Disney World, wish I could remember the name of the product!
Magic_Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #71
BelleBeautyandtheBeast
Disney Dreamer
Tags as old as time
You will be tagged, as sure as the sun will rise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
On that page the descriptions says ...
"Removes smoke, pet cooking orders and more "

If a pet ordered me to cook we would need more than an orange grove scent

Seriously, I went out and bought the Old Spice Komodo body wash thanks to this thread. My family thinks I have gone bonkers because after every shower I announce "I smell like Norway!"
And I *need* some of the Citrus Mist, Soarin' is my favorite ride and I love that orange grove smell!

I am excited to see others have posted more scents I need to be on the lookout for
7/82 MK * 4/00 MK * 1/7-10/01 ASMo * 3/29-4/1/01 POR * 7/20-25/04 PC * 1/12-15/07 PC * 10/11-16/09 PC * 10/2-5/10 Offsite * 8/13-21/11 ASMu * 3/24-31/13 Offsite * 5/5-10/13 Offsite * 3/4-7/14 ASSp * 6/10-6/16/14 Disneyland * 8/22-25/14 PC * 3/22-29/15 RCCL Freedom of the Seas * 3/29-30/15 USO
BelleBeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #72
Cap'nJack'sMum
Psycho for The Mouse

Another Yankee Candle/Soarin' connection...

I bought a Yankee Candle called "Winter Wonderland" because it smells like Soarin' when the skiers are going down the mountainside. You know, piney, wintery, crisp. When I brought it home, the kids both smelled it and yelled, "SOARIN'!!!"

I wanted to see if my unobservant husband would notice, so I put it on the counter and lit it. 20 minutes later DH comes out of the kitchen and asks why it smells like Soarin' in there.

LOVE that candle!
January 2009 - POP Century
February 2010 - POP Century
February 2011 - POP Century
August 2011 - POP Century/POFQ Split Stay
January 2012 - POR
August 2012 - POP Century/AKV Split Stay
March 2013 - POP Century/Off-site Condo Split Stay
August 2013 - Pool House/AKV Split Stay
August 2014 - Windsor Palms Splash Pool Townhome
Cap'nJack'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #73
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

My husband thinks I'm crazy but I am always sniffing Disney smells...wherever we go!

The entrance to the Dillard's store in North Little Rock smells just like the Contemporary Hotel and I always stop and close my eyes and I have even had people behind me run into me because I just stopped to smell

There's nothing like a Disney smell to make you immediately wish you were there.....
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
poohgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #74
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBeautyandtheBeast View Post
On that page the descriptions says ...
"Removes smoke, pet cooking orders and more "

If a pet ordered me to cook we would need more than an orange grove scent

Seriously, I went out and bought the Old Spice Komodo body wash thanks to this thread. My family thinks I have gone bonkers because after every shower I announce "I smell like Norway!"
And I *need* some of the Citrus Mist, Soarin' is my favorite ride and I love that orange grove smell!

I am excited to see others have posted more scents I need to be on the lookout for
I love a good typo!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #75
Magic_Kingdom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nJack'sMum View Post
I bought a Yankee Candle called "Winter Wonderland" because it smells like Soarin' when the skiers are going down the mountainside. You know, piney, wintery, crisp. When I brought it home, the kids both smelled it and yelled, "SOARIN'!!!"

I wanted to see if my unobservant husband would notice, so I put it on the counter and lit it. 20 minutes later DH comes out of the kitchen and asks why it smells like Soarin' in there.

LOVE that candle!
Aww I was going to order Winter Wonderland at Xmas but didn't after I read it had pine in it, I'm not keen on pine but would burn it just so I could smell Soaring! lol.

I felt a bit pathetic the other night because I got the True Rose Yankee Candle, it smells exactly like red roses so I watched Beauty And The Beast as I burned it because of their enchanted rose
Magic_Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: