Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #46
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Okay. I'm off to find Citrus Mist air freshener. Any tips on where I can buy it? I used to have a shower gel that smelled just like the orange grove on Soarin, but they quit making it. I love that smell!
The sell the Citrus Mist air freshner at my grocery store - with all the other air fresheners - $3.99 - Dont ask me how I know..() - I'll give you a hint..I just came back from grocery shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri
Trust me..nothing about this thread is weird. I started this whole thing so I should know.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Woolite Oxy Deep Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner Spray smells just like the Disney bathrooms when you go in first thing in the morning when they've just been cleaned...in a good way! I can't pinpoint if it's the soap, air fresheners, or what but I love it! Yes, I'm that strange.

And I also go to Target for my Soarin' fix!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #48
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Okay. I'm off to find Citrus Mist air freshener. Any tips on where I can buy it? I used to have a shower gel that smelled just like the orange grove on Soarin, but they quit making it. I love that smell!
Here you go!
http://www.sallybeauty.com/spray-air...efault,pd.html
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #49
MickeysBFF
"It all started with a mouse"-Walt Disney

YES!!!! I'm not the only one Sometimes I just be minding my own business and WHAM a familiar disney scent hits me. I love using the extra soaps, lotions, and shampoos from the hotel because it makes me feel like I'm fixing to go to a park (but then I get disappointed when I end up at Walmart)
It's our problem free philosophy hakuna matata
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
MickeysBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #50
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I mass planted gardenias, the smell (especially at night)....reminds me of the Poly. I also bought, over a dozen tiki torches...completes the effect.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #51
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Ok, this is too funny, because a couple years back I received Celine Dion's Belong perfume as a Christmas gift. I took one whiff and immediately exclaimed, "OMG, it smells like Norway!!" The interesting thing about it is that it doesn't just smell like Laila, but to me it really does smell like the combination of Laila and pastries that you get as you walk by the Norway pavilion. For that reason, I love it!

My favorite smell in all of Disney Parkdom is the musty, moldy water smell of Pirates of the Caribbean. So whenever I smell something musty and mildewy, it makes me very happy, LOL.

The H20 Aquatics from the WDW resorts are also a very powerful memory jogger. I have a bottle of shower gel that I like to sniff every now and then because it immediately transports me back to my room at Saratoga Springs.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #52
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

The Beachwalk candle at Yankee Candle Company smells like Soarin' when you go over the Ocean.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #53
shellym
Mouseketeer

Sun and Sand candles from Yankee Candles reminds me of our room at the Yacht Club. i think it;s a combination of the room itself and the sun cream we used. Transports me back every time I have a sniff!
nov 04 DLP-Sequoia Lodge apr 06 WDW-All Star Movies apr 07 WDW-All Star Movies dec 07 DLP-Sequoia Lodge may 08 WDW-Port Orleans Riverside dec 08 DLP-Sequoia Lodge may 09-WDW Port Orleans Riverside may 10-WDW Port Orleans Riverside and Yacht Club
shellym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #54
Greenfairy
Mouseketeer - DVC Member since 2013

Glade has an air freshener called Apple Spice that smells exactly like the apple pie floating out at you in Philharmagic. I stock up on it. I smile every time I am in a room that has it out. My magic at home.
Honeymoon (1 day) 2000, First trip as a family POP Feb. 2009, Port Orleans Riverside Jan 2010, Third family trip and mommy's second Magical birthday trip. POP Feb 2011, Coronado Springs August 2012, Disney Magic Cruise and Coronado Springs Feb 2013, First DVC trip Aug 2013
Me DH DS(11) DD (8)
Greenfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #55
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

Every time the kids put a gingerbread flavored PopTart in the toaster, I say outloud "Main Street USA!"

Also Bath & Body Works "Seaside Escape" air freshener reminds me of the Beach Club lobby.

Love those reminders of my favorite places.

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #56
DISFANSHAN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyonasticky View Post
Yankee Candle's Home Sweet Home smells exactly like the Be Our Guest scene in Mickey's Philharmagic! You know, with all the pie and dessert scents. It's fantastic :]
I have yet to smell that scent, but I think their Red Apple Wreath is VERRRY close to that Philharmagic scent too!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #57
kadesha
DIS Veteran

The only smells I ever encounter that remind me of Disney are fountains. Whenever I see a fountain I always go smell to see if it smells like Disney water. If it does I'll stand there with my eyes closed inhaling and imagining that I'm at Disney until my husband makes me move. lol! And every now and then I'll be out somewhere and catch the scent of Pop's food court. Makes me happy and sad at the same time!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
kadesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #58
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

My neighbors have a wood burning stove. If the wind is blowing right, it smells like Flame Tree.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #59
Lynn57
DIS Veteran

I love Disney smells!!! I went to see Beauty and the Beast a few nights ago and was disappointed there was no apple pie smell during Be Our Guest like in Mickey's Philharmagic...
Feb. 2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House
April 2007- Beach Club Villas
Feb. 2011- Bay Lake Towers
Dec. 2011- Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2012- Boardwalk Villas (Tower of Terror 10 Mile!)
April 2013- Old Key West
April 2014- Old Key West
Lynn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
My neighbors have a wood burning stove. If the wind is blowing right, it smells like Flame Tree.
We have a neighbor who burns leaves year round (don't know where he gets so many flippin leaves?) and we always say it smells like Flame Tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn57 View Post
I love Disney smells!!! I went to see Beauty and the Beast a few nights ago and was disappointed there was no apple pie smell during Be Our Guest like in Mickey's Philharmagic...
Funny! I said the same thing when we went to see the movie! Of course my kids and husband at me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: