Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Peach View Post
Sometimes that happens to me also.

But usually it is that distinctive musty smell from Pirates.

And even though that isn't the greatest of smells, it does give a longing to smell it for real.

Cathy
Our bathrooms at work have water that smells like the water on WDW rides( POTC, IASW etc). You're right- it does make you want to go there.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
One of my favorite smells ever! I don't know if it's the food smells from Boma mixing with the wood smoke, or what. But, I love it!

Another Disney scent is Citrus Mist air freshener. It smells exactly like the orange groves in Soarin'.
Okay. I'm off to find Citrus Mist air freshener. Any tips on where I can buy it? I used to have a shower gel that smelled just like the orange grove on Soarin, but they quit making it. I love that smell!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #33
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

To the original poster...

I went to 3 different stores today looking for Old Spice Komodo. I cant find it! They have Fiji and Denali (I think is the name) but no Komodo.

I was smelling all the different scents of O.S body washes.. omg I can smell what youre talking about cause they all have the "scent" like the smell of Norway!!

Im insane cause Im on a mission! I need this stuff!!!!

Thanks for posting!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
To the original poster...

I went to 3 different stores today looking for Old Spice Komodo. I cant find it! They have Fiji and Denali (I think is the name) but no Komodo.

I was smelling all the different scents of O.S body washes.. omg I can smell what youre talking about cause they all have the "scent" like the smell of Norway!!

Im insane cause Im on a mission! I need this stuff!!!!

Thanks for posting!
I got mine at Target - I hope I didn't start some kind of shortage! I better go get a few more bottles tomorrow just in case!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

This is weird, but our local park has wooden bridges over the streams (it's a huge wooded park here in Vermont) and when it rains it smells JUST like Frontierland! Love it!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #36
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Yup..I know..I have noticed that at our Target too. - I am starting to think I have a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILOLO View Post
Omg here too! i love the smell of our target restroom. its the same orange smell. wish i knew what they used. it smells like this air freshener they sell at home depot, its like a tub of this waxy material with a green vent top. its supposed to absorb odors. smells pretty close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
I've noticed too! love it!!
You all are obviously not alone. I've had that in my tag what seems like forever. Macy's restroom has the same Disney smell. Even my not so observant husband noticed and commented on it once at Macy's.
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL
jaleaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Im always in Target, never in the bathroom. Next trip to target.. for a bottle of komodo and a trip to their restroom.
lol

ps - this is the response I got from my sister on FB. I posted about this on my status..

"I don't care if it smells like Italy anything with old spice in the title can not be good"

it made me giggle
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #38
PoohNRoo2
Mouseketeer

Gotta have the H2O plus aquatics shampoo. 'Nuff said!

PoohNRoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #39
cbs0006
Earning My Ears

My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.
cbs0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
wiserabbit
Addicted to Pixe Dust

I realized the other day that my shampoo and conditioner (L'Oreal Ever Pure) makes my hair smell just like the GF lobby - now I can't help myself - whenever I need a boost - I'm smelling my hair - BTW - it says it has rosemary and juniper and "natural botanicals".....ahhhh now if only I could use it for the laundry - I'd be in WDW heaven
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #41
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

My husband thinks I'm crazy but we will be walking some where or eating some where and I'll get a sniff of something that reminds me of Disney and when I tell him about it he looks at me like I've gone over the edge. Especially around fountians, pools or anything like that I tell him it reminds me of the water at Disney. I love the smell of the water on POTC and Splash Mountian.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #42
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

You are sooo not crazy!!! My son likes frozen mini pancakes, the Aunt Jemina ones smell like disney pancakes!!!! I love it!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #43
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!
OMG - THANK YOU!!!!! I told my DH this and he thinks I'm nuts. I walked in to our local Target bathroom and it was instant dejavu! You just made my day. Thanks!

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #44
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs0006 View Post
My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.
This one you can actually buy directly from Westin at Home - it is their white tea fragrance which is in all of their hotels (Westin, Sheraton, etc). Just google Westin at Home and it's usually under their spa category. They have candles, oil diffusers, and scent machines - they aren't cheap though!

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: