Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Booking on non-UK sites

Hi all,

I've had a look and can get cheaper prices for stay at DLRP via .fr site - do people just book this and enter UK address for confirmation or phone and then say they've been it offered on .fr site for that price and ask them to match it? Keen to try and get best possible deal.

Any info would be great thanks!
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent_man View Post
Hi all,

I've had a look and can get cheaper prices for stay at DLRP via .fr site - do people just book this and enter UK address for confirmation or phone and then say they've been it offered on .fr site for that price and ask them to match it? Keen to try and get best possible deal.

Any info would be great thanks!
Either way is fine - I've done it online (leave the country at France, don't try to change it to UK, and then complete the rest of the booking form with your own details).
I've also phoned French Guest Services to book, told them I'm using the French site for prices, and they have booked it for me over the phone.

You still get all your booking confirmation by email, just as you would with a Uk site booking, except it will be French .

Always best to phone your bank first before you start booking, as its a foreign transaction and if they're not aware in advance, they may block it as a suspicious/fraudulent transaction.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I just did that a few days before, used French offer, no problem. Got confirmation in French

April, 2014 SF; March, 2013, SL; Marc, 2012, HNY; March, 2011, HNY
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
lyc
Earning My Ears

booking on non uk site

Hi just back fro hny last night.I had never booked on another site before and was a bit apprehensive.I got a fantastic deal on the dutch site about 6 wks ago 50% off and children under 12 free. Like others have said I filled in the form and left Belgium as the country.I received an email straight away and had no problems checking in .Such a fantastic offer cant wait to do it again soon.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
micksn
DIS Veteran

You can also go through cash back sites. I booked using quidco and opted to change country on home page of website then continued to book in french. My cashback tracked as if I had booked on UK site.
Feb 2005 - Santa Fe, Feb 2007 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2007 - New Port Bay, Aug 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Feb 2009 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 - Hotel New York, Nov 2010 - Cheyenne, Oct 2011 - Santa Fe, Aug 2012 - Old Key West Oct 2012 - Hotel New York Feb 2013 - Cheyenne Aug 2013 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2014 - OKW, Oct 14 - Santa Fe

micksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Great folks thanks - might just go for it as French site is showing 35% off! I know when I last booked and did so by phone that we got sent stuff through the post as confirmation to hand in at the hotel - presumably if doing by phone to the French number, they'd take this into account and send to a UK address or is email confirmation enough?
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Old 11-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Great folks thanks - might just go for it as French site is showing 35% off! I know when I last booked and did so by phone that we got sent stuff through the post as confirmation to hand in at the hotel - presumably if doing by phone to the French number, they'd take this into account and send to a UK address or is email confirmation enough?
in all the trips I've booked direct with DLP, I've only ever had email booking confirmation, never anything in the post, its the same with the French version of the site, whether you phone to book, or do it online .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 11-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Folks! Another question - is it possible to phone the French line and pay the deposit amount like you can in the UK or is it a pay all option if phoning France? Also, if anyone can advise the best number to call please that would be much appreciated!!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #9
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Folks! Another question - is it possible to phone the French line and pay the deposit amount like you can in the UK or is it a pay all option if phoning France? Also, if anyone can advise the best number to call please that would be much appreciated!!
the number to dial is 00 33 1 60 30 60 53 (call a discount dial number first to get the call from your landline for 0.5p per minute).

I've booked twice on the phone through other country's sites, have asked both times if i can pay just a deposit, and haven't had any success, but its certainly worth asking .

Elaine
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #10
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I've booked twice on the phone through other country's sites, have asked both times if i can pay just a deposit, and haven't had any success, but its certainly worth asking .
Same here and they told me that a deposit is only possible if I would book at my country site.

So I could only do a deposit if I would book at the German site.

Strange but its ok for me.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM   #11
Isila

I called DLP, but didn't use French number (I never got it right, it kept saying "the number you dialed does not exist"). So I just used the one for my country, but I think it's the international one. And told them I want to book, but I want to use French offer. And the lady said - no problem. So booked, payed only the deposit with the rest to pay 30 days till my trip.

Old Today, 05:29 AM   #12
Isila

so last night my friend called to make a booking and asked for French offer. It was ok to do, but they did charge full amount and when she asked why she coudn't payjust deposit,it was said she had to mention that before giving her card details.

Old Today, 07:32 AM   #13
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
so last night my friend called to make a booking and asked for French offer. It was ok to do, but they did charge full amount and when she asked why she coudn't payjust deposit,it was said she had to mention that before giving her card details.
that didn't work for me - believe me, its just about the first thing I ask on the phone to the French guest services office, otherwise I might as well just book online (except I do like phoning France ).

Elaine
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #14
Isila

But it did work for me, so I guess this totally depends on CM.

Old Today, 04:49 PM   #15
mickeycharles
Earning My Ears

It's very cheeky

i think it's very cheeky to expect people in the UK to pay more. I booked on the French site leaving the country as France but adding UK after the town. I got a two night stay in GFC Sequoia Lodge for the same amount that a UK guest would pay to stay at the Cheyenne! I am glad I came across this tip.
mickeycharles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: