Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #436
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Yes! this sounds like a fantastic trip. If I can get my way i would love to get on the Eastern med cruise too! That Med cruise was just amazing, I think it was such a blast a we had such a great bunch. If not I will live vicariously through you.
Hey Mary - how have you been? You are going to love Alaska...we did ...
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #437
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Hey Mary - how have you been? You are going to love Alaska...we did ...
I am doing great Mindy thanks...how are you guys? I am getting so nervous about Alaska. It's so different from anything we have ever done!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #438
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I am doing great Mindy thanks...how are you guys? I am getting so nervous about Alaska. It's so different from anything we have ever done!
Don't be nervous. This was the cruise we were unsure of and we had the best time. It was a wonderful cruise and itinerary. Alaska was amazing. We are so glad we went.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #439
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Yes! this sounds like a fantastic trip. If I can get my way i would love to get on the Eastern med cruise too! That Med cruise was just amazing, I think it was such a blast a we had such a great bunch. If not I will live vicariously through you.
Well, we hope to see you! On board booking....just saying!

Have a great time in Alaska! Can't wait to read all about it!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #440
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

So what does one do when in the car for an hour-plus when the kiddo is plugged into her iPod? Listen to the Rick Steves app, of course! I sat listening about travel tips for Greece as well as some info about Malta while driving up to Bellingham to hit REI to do an exchange on a pair of shorts I'd ordered. The original pair I'd purchased was actually too big, shocker of all shockers!! They refused to shrink and stretched out and were way too baggy for me to wear. The size smaller seems to do the trick, but now I need a day warm enough to wear them. Oh, and this order was a pre-trip purchase, by the way! :good vibes I ordered a new summer weight shirt to go with it!! Whohoo! That would be 2 whole new outfits already!!!!

I've reserved space for the 3 of us to go to 2 more classes at the RS travel center in July: Beginning Italian for Travelers and Italy. Now, I just have to not be working that weekend....I figure it's better to reserve the space and have to cancel than not be able to get in later when the work schedule comes out, right?

I made another small payment toward the cruise a few days ago...chipping away at that balance...

Hope y'all are having better (translate, warmer) weather than we are....
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #441
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

This is that lull....

...in trip planning that frustrates me. When I'm stymied by inactivity. Sigh. I lived vicariously thru my dad the other day tho, as he ordered a new suitcase. For any of you looking to replace old ones, REIoutlet has a few Eagle Creek models available, and they have a 20% coupon good (thru tomorrow, I think...) off an outlet item. As I posted ages ago, I replaced all but one of our luggages pieces with Eagle Creek and I LOVE THEM!! They are light and durable. I've had them now for what, almost 3 years? Show almost no wear and tear, and they travelled a lot in the last few years.

I think Eagle Creek should pay me commission. Hm. So should REI. In my next life I think I need to be a gear tester....paid to travel and use stuff? What a cool job that would be!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #442
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
...in trip planning that frustrates me. When I'm stymied by inactivity. Sigh. I lived vicariously thru my dad the other day tho, as he ordered a new suitcase. For any of you looking to replace old ones, REIoutlet has a few Eagle Creek models available, and they have a 20% coupon good (thru tomorrow, I think...) off an outlet item. As I posted ages ago, I replaced all but one of our luggages pieces with Eagle Creek and I LOVE THEM!! They are light and durable. I've had them now for what, almost 3 years? Show almost no wear and tear, and they travelled a lot in the last few years.

I think Eagle Creek should pay me commission. Hm. So should REI. In my next life I think I need to be a gear tester....paid to travel and use stuff? What a cool job that would be!
And noone is frustrating you more than I am....

My inability to plan 3 trips at once is just appalling .....but don't despair...I have been checking the airlines and the hotel you told me to book to make sure those ressies haven't opened up yet... As well as focusing on my imminent trip which I actually did a PTR for...not as good as yours but it's one.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #443
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
And noone is frustrating you more than I am....

My inability to plan 3 trips at once is just appalling .....but don't despair...I have been checking the airlines and the hotel you told me to book to make sure those ressies haven't opened up yet... As well as focusing on my imminent trip which I actually did a PTR for...not as good as yours but it's one.
You certainly keep trying to throw roadblocks at me! But my planning will not be derailed!!

The airlines aren't worth looking at for at least another month. 330 days. The hotel keeps insisting on 12-months out. I can book private excursions, tho......
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #444
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

1 Year!!!

A year from today I'll be on a plane....
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #445
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
A year from today I'll be on a plane....
I think a year from tomorrow for us, but that could change...DH may decide to leave Wednesday night instead...I don't think so, but who knows.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #446
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

This date a year from now we'll have been to Pisa and Lucca!!

I went ahead and ordered a camera bag. I decided to stop the indecision, and just order one. It arrives on Wednesday, so I'll get to play with it a bit, and decide whether it's a keeper or not. I realized that I ended to get off my rear and do something about it if I wanted to be able to travel with it this summer.

My July schedule is out, and it looks like I'll be able to make the travel classes I'd reserved space for at the Rick Steves travel center. School ends for Ashleigh tomorrow, so we'll have a ton more time to put toward Spanish. We still don't know if Sean is going to the conference in Denver in August . Very irritating. I'd like to register her for language camp before all the spaces are full. Sigh. So out of my control....

Mindy didn't argue at all this morning when I asked if I could start booking private excursions. So...I'll get to working on that here very soon! She just got back from one of the 2-night cruises and I'm awaiting pics. :good vibes She did her own pre-trip report for that cruise, if y'all are interested in hearing about her outing!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #447
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,448

Hi Kim, My DH and I just got back from the 2-day NY one. We had so much fun meeting up with friends! Only bummer is that we didn't run into Mindy as I was hoping to see her because of all the pre-cruise chatting! Mindy did invite us up to her awesome suite but I didn't see the invite until we got home. Darn!

I saw your previous post about the camera bag. Which one did you buy, if you don't mind my asking. My husband has a really nice padded canon one (it is pretty heavy duty), but I'm thinking we might try to find him some sort of backpack one for Alaska in August and then for the Med next summer. I've forgotten (read so many threads lately) if you were the one who rented a great lens on your last Med cruise. If that was you, do you remember who you rented it from. I know my husband has some sort of really great lens on his amazon "wish list" but wow is it pricey!!!

Beth
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #448
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

I know we're not on the same cruise but I follow your thread because I'm so excited about our Med cruise! A year from now we'll already be back from our cruise. Wow!

I was just able to book our pre-cruise hotel stay and I also booked a private shuttle in Naples. Somehow it makes it feel a little closer! I too am looking for a camera bag but haven't decided yet. We're going to WDW in August so I should probably find one before then. Let us know how you like yours!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #449
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Kim, My DH and I just got back from the 2-day NY one. We had so much fun meeting up with friends! Only bummer is that we didn't run into Mindy as I was hoping to see her because of all the pre-cruise chatting! Mindy did invite us up to her awesome suite but I didn't see the invite until we got home. Darn!

I saw your previous post about the camera bag. Which one did you buy, if you don't mind my asking. My husband has a really nice padded canon one (it is pretty heavy duty), but I'm thinking we might try to find him some sort of backpack one for Alaska in August and then for the Med next summer. I've forgotten (read so many threads lately) if you were the one who rented a great lens on your last Med cruise. If that was you, do you remember who you rented it from. I know my husband has some sort of really great lens on his amazon "wish list" but wow is it pricey!!!

Beth
Hi Beth! I ordered this one:

http://www.clikelite.com/products/pro-express/

It still hasn't arrived yet. It apparently is on the slowest driving truck EVER out of NY. It should be here tomorrow and I plan on taking pics of it with stuff crammed in it!

I was one of the people that rented a lens. I use BorrowLenses. They have an insurance option, and I've never had an issue with any of my orders! They have all sorts of camera gear.....totally worth checking out!

What lens is your husband "wishing" for? And what was your impression of the 2-day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I know we're not on the same cruise but I follow your thread because I'm so excited about our Med cruise! A year from now we'll already be back from our cruise. Wow!

I was just able to book our pre-cruise hotel stay and I also booked a private shuttle in Naples. Somehow it makes it feel a little closer! I too am looking for a camera bag but haven't decided yet. We're going to WDW in August so I should probably find one before then. Let us know how you like yours!
I hear you! I can't yet book my post stay, but I will by the end of next week! I'd have the private tours done, but I've been at work and crazy busy the last several days, and I needed Mindy to not flip out about it. I think I'm safe now....!

It'll be interesting to hear how your cruise goes! I figure with all the repeat ports, everything should be smooth sailing...(yes, pun intended!).
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #450
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
and I needed Mindy to not flip out about it. I think I'm safe now....!

Very funny Kim.... You know me...just book everything for me and then just tell me where I need to be and when...that way I won't get overwhelmed....I think now that I know that I can actually get the time off from work, the pressure around this has lightened. I just have to have DH have a conversation with me to let me know when he wants to go. I can't imagine we'd leave before Thurs night because the kids will already be out of school 5 days and if it's like this year, they're still taking tests the Monday of the last week.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: