Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #346
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I prefer Rick Steves to Rudy Maxa....he does far more affordable travel tips...Rudy Maxa always seems to be doing the high end stays and places.
I agree. I just think the DVD's do a great job of showing the area!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #347
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kim. Your google map is very helpful! I know that my DH Steve will put the Starbucks locale to good use! I'm still thinking that we'll be doing the bike tour. I need to get on the site to see where they go and then compare it to your map. Right now Steve and the twins are watching a Rick Steve's episode but it isn't a place we are headed to next year. I'm thrilled that the kids are getting excited about overseas travel! Me too!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #348
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Thanks for adding even more stuff to the newly re-labeled thread. Would have been nice to start it from the beginning, tho, IMO. Now people have to search thru the entire thing to find the new links.
So I'm subscribed to this thread and I got no notifications of any updates from yesterday or today...good thing I checked...in addition...STOP CHANGING THE NAME - You're confusing my already befuddled brain.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #349
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Thanks Kim. Your google map is very helpful! I know that my DH Steve will put the Starbucks locale to good use! I'm still thinking that we'll be doing the bike tour. I need to get on the site to see where they go and then compare it to your map. Right now Steve and the twins are watching a Rick Steve's episode but it isn't a place we are headed to next year. I'm thrilled that the kids are getting excited about overseas travel! Me too!
Glad you can use the Starbucks locales...but they were put in there to feed my DH's addiction. He can't go a day without it (as I'm sitting here with the Starbucks he bought me)

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #350
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

So I have some news...Kim of course knows this already...My DD who is a tomboy at heart and HATES to dress up...has agreed to wear a dress on formal night. I couldn't believe my everloving ears when she said it. She heard the boys were all wearing tuxes (although DS is not convinced yet) and that Kim, Ashleigh and I were wearing dresses and she said she would wear one as well.

That is a biggee for her....I told her to Facetime Kim and beg her to make the dress, but I don't know if she will

Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #351
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
So I'm subscribed to this thread and I got no notifications of any updates from yesterday or today...good thing I checked...in addition...STOP CHANGING THE NAME - You're confusing my already befuddled brain.
Lol! It keeps you on your toes!

But seriously, if you all aren't podcast listeners, there have been ongoing server issues and a crash yesterday that have been causing problems. Hence my missing post! There's a section of the forums about technical support that you can go to and see if anyone else is having issues.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #352
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
I'm only a so-so Starbucks fan, which is odd since I live near where it all began, but after getting mini coffees for two weeks, I was sooooooo ready for a plain old grande drip, room for cream!

Glad to hear the kids are getting in to it! Ashleigh was a bit dismayed this evening when I pulled out the Spanish workbooks, but we all learned some more!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #353
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
So I have some news...Kim of course knows this already...My DD who is a tomboy at heart and HATES to dress up...has agreed to wear a dress on formal night. I couldn't believe my everloving ears when she said it. She heard the boys were all wearing tuxes (although DS is not convinced yet) and that Kim, Ashleigh and I were wearing dresses and she said she would wear one as well.

That is a biggee for her....I told her to Facetime Kim and beg her to make the dress, but I don't know if she will
Hmmmmm.....something more to plan..... . We'd have to figure out bicoastal fittings....

Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #354
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Hmmmmm.....something more to plan..... . We'd have to figure out bicoastal fittings....
And I'd have to have a sewing machine. Mines still in the shop.....yes....it has been 2 months! I tried to get an update today, But the guy working on it was off. The last thing I heard was that after ordering 6 different supposedly "the same" part, one was finally the correct one, but it still hasn't solved the problem and he can't figure out why. He was waiting for Singer to call him back with some suggestions. In case I didn't mention it when this first happened, my regular sewing machine is at least 50 years old, maybe more like 60. But I love it! I have a serger, 2 sergers actually, but I like my old standard. Sigh. A new machine would mean a learning curve.....

Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #355
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
And I'd have to have a sewing machine. Mines still in the shop.....yes....it has been 2 months! I tried to get an update today, But the guy working on it was off. The last thing I heard was that after ordering 6 different supposedly "the same" part, one was finally the correct one, but it still hasn't solved the problem and he can't figure out why. He was waiting for Singer to call him back with some suggestions. In case I didn't mention it when this first happened, my regular sewing machine is at least 50 years old, maybe more like 60. But I love it! I have a serger, 2 sergers actually, but I like my old standard. Sigh. A new machine would mean a learning curve.....
Do you think I really know what any of those things are? My grandfather was a tailor and used to force my mother and then me to watch him sew. It turned both of us off to any type of sewing.

I know you're going to ask why I am still awake. For some reason after waking at 4 am this morning, I am still going after midnight. Could it be the coffee that DH gave me at 8:30??

Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #356
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Do you think I really know what any of those things are? My grandfather was a tailor and used to force my mother and then me to watch him sew. It turned both of us off to any type of sewing.

I know you're going to ask why I am still awake. For some reason after waking at 4 am this morning, I am still going after midnight. Could it be the coffee that DH gave me at 8:30??
Ya think?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #357
gailg3horses
Mouseketeer

My mom has an old singer. Darn thing breaks down more than it works these days. But she loves it. I offered to buy her a new machine and you'd think I had killed her best friend. Lol. Hers was just repaired so we could make our fish extenders for our up coming cruise. We're trying that for the first time this time. Don't tell mom, but its still acting funny (her machine). Skipping stitches and weird stuff. Oh well. They still turned out really nice. For some reason it says I can't post pictures (anyone know why?) or I'd post a picture of them.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #358
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailg3horses View Post
My mom has an old singer. Darn thing breaks down more than it works these days. But she loves it. I offered to buy her a new machine and you'd think I had killed her best friend. Lol. Hers was just repaired so we could make our fish extenders for our up coming cruise. We're trying that for the first time this time. Don't tell mom, but its still acting funny (her machine). Skipping stitches and weird stuff. Oh well. They still turned out really nice. For some reason it says I can't post pictures (anyone know why?) or I'd post a picture of them.
The longer this repair takes, the more convinced I am that I'm going to be getting a new one soon. My singer has actually been very reliable. While I've had to give it regular maintenance, Ive never had a repair like this.

I'd love to see your fish extender. But you might want to wait till tomorrow. Theres a notice at the top of every page of the boards advising that the boards are going down tonight at 5. For many hours. But hopefully it'll fix all the issues. On that note, I guess I'll talk to y'all tomorrow! Have a great Saturday!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #359
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Hopefully, I don't regret this but with all your talk about fish extenders I'm starting to. Anyways, we decided to JUMP SHIP and I rebooked our cruise on 2 other lines. UGH.... hope I'm not making the wrong decision. Anyways, as MinnieDiva knows from our cruise meet thread about how I was stressing about our pre-cruise stay and what do to, we decided to change cruise lines. We are now sailing with RCCL and NCL out of the Rome Port. We'll spend a few days in Rome as well so, we can see the city more. I guess, you could spend months in these places and not see everything. I'll probably still follow along as our port calls are pretty close.

I know why I love Disney and it is the cruisers so hopefully, we aren't making a huge mistake.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #360
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Hopefully, I don't regret this but with all your talk about fish extenders I'm starting to. Anyways, we decided to JUMP SHIP and I rebooked our cruise on 2 other lines. UGH.... hope I'm not making the wrong decision. Anyways, as MinnieDiva knows from our cruise meet thread about how I was stressing about our pre-cruise stay and what do to, we decided to change cruise lines. We are now sailing with RCCL and NCL out of the Rome Port. We'll spend a few days in Rome as well so, we can see the city more. I guess, you could spend months in these places and not see everything. I'll probably still follow along as our port calls are pretty close.

I know why I love Disney and it is the cruisers so hopefully, we aren't making a huge mistake.
We'll miss you and hope your new cruises will be magical!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: