Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #226
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

I'm Here

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #227
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I'm Here
I talk to you about every day!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #228
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I talk to you about every day!
and you're a better person for it

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #229
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

I'm here too and wishing that you and Mindy were going on my cruise in July instead of June of next year!

Do keep posting away as so many of us will be benefitting from your words of wisdom when we all fly to Barcelona and wander around before we step on board that Magical ship to see the wonderful sights in France, Italy, Turkey and Greece. Oh, and Malta too.

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #230
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
I'm here too and wishing that you and Mindy were going on my cruise in July instead of June of next year!

Do keep posting away as so many of us will be benefitting from your words of wisdom when we all fly to Barcelona and wander around before we step on board that Magical ship to see the wonderful sights in France, Italy, Turkey and Greece. Oh, and Malta too.

Beth
Thanks Beth I do so hope you keep your 2 day NYC Cruise so that we can meet...as we've proven you can meet really good friends on these boards and cruises and distance doesn't make one damn bit of difference...

Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #231
USUKMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, y'all. I see that you all are out there reading/viewing my thoughts.....but no one is speaking up to help me feed my planning obsession. Hello? Please let me know I'm not the only one out there that's thinking about next year....
I'm still reading along but I booked an impromptu MR cruise (cheap price for a school vacation week - how could I say no) so I am diverting my type A planning personality into that.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard in 2013!!

Sophia
Old 03-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #232
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Great ending... sad to hear your trip report is ending.... I've been researching our immediate vacations that are coming up in July and at the end of December. I'm still trying to decide on our pre-cruise stay. We did Barcelona last time but didn't see much of it as we only did one day on each end. This time I'm hoping to spending 5 days prior and fly home immediately after the cruise ends. Hopefully, I can get the flights to work. Decisions, decisions... I need to come up with one soon as I need to transfer airline miles too. Too stressful if you ask me.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #233
o&smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, y'all. I see that you all are out there reading/viewing my thoughts.....but no one is speaking up to help me feed my planning obsession. Hello? Please let me know I'm not the only one out there that's thinking about next year....

I am trying really hard to curtail my craziness until after our first-ever visit to WDW and our cruise on the Fantasy at the end of April! I still have final planning, FE giftS to finish and packing to begin. When that's all done I can turn my crazy onto the Med planning in full force!

I have been looking into apartment rentals for a few days prior to our trip as well. It seems the best way to go as roomy hotel rooms for families in Europe are not so commonplace! Surprisingly, I have found better pricing in Paris than in Barcelona. Who knew?!?

I've also been a little caught up this week with the Coast Guard crash in AL as my brother is a rescue swimmer there. Thankfully he was home with his family and not on duty. Still so sad to lose so many good men...

Marni
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise with Greece & Turkey June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #234
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by USUKMama View Post
I'm still reading along but I booked an impromptu MR cruise (cheap price for a school vacation week - how could I say no) so I am diverting my type A planning personality into that.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard in 2013!!

Sophia
Oooooooo! Enjoy! I hope you have great weather! I'm heading down to visit my dad for Spring break. The weather can be anywhere from 50's to 80's at that time of the year. Last year, Ashleigh and I headed to Santa Cruz for a few hours and it was 80 and CLEAR!! NEVER happens that time of year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Great ending... sad to hear your trip report is ending.... I've been researching our immediate vacations that are coming up in July and at the end of December. I'm still trying to decide on our pre-cruise stay. We did Barcelona last time but didn't see much of it as we only did one day on each end. This time I'm hoping to spending 5 days prior and fly home immediately after the cruise ends. Hopefully, I can get the flights to work. Decisions, decisions... I need to come up with one soon as I need to transfer airline miles too. Too stressful if you ask me.
I know! I was sad to finish writing it, but I'm having so much fun looking forward to the next one! How nice that you have miles to transfer...We primarily fly Alaska out of here, so their miles don't do so well for overseas trips. I know I could probably transfer them to Delta or American, but I blew a ton of miles last Thanksgiving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
I am trying really hard to curtail my craziness until after our first-ever visit to WDW and our cruise on the Fantasy at the end of April! I still have final planning, FE giftS to finish and packing to begin. When that's all done I can turn my crazy onto the Med planning in full force!

I have been looking into apartment rentals for a few days prior to our trip as well. It seems the best way to go as roomy hotel rooms for families in Europe are not so commonplace! Surprisingly, I have found better pricing in Paris than in Barcelona. Who knew?!?

I've also been a little caught up this week with the Coast Guard crash in AL as my brother is a rescue swimmer there. Thankfully he was home with his family and not on duty. Still so sad to lose so many good men...

Marni
How exciting!!! You're going to love WDW!!! My first visit there was in 2006 and I've been addicted since! And a cruise to boot....you're one lucky lady! Sean and I will be heading to WDW this September for our 15th anniversary and are going to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler. Looking forward to doing all the things you can't do with kids. You have no idea how indignant Ashleigh was when she found out we were going without her...

I hadn't even heard about the Coast Guard crash, but I'm so glad to hear that your brother is ok! How sad that some of his "family" down there suffered losses....

I agree about the apartments and the pricing. It's crazy expensive there! I'll happily pay for a 3 day apartment rental that I'll likely only use 2 days of!

I was surfing last night on the local library's website and requested 2 more DVD's to watch. I couldn't tell who the producer was, but I'll let y'all know who and what if they happen to be worthwhile. I finished browsing thru the Mediterranean Cruise Ports book and will be returning to the library today. I'm going to buy a Kindle version for the iPad here soon. 5 days and counting before the iPad announcement!!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #235
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

SO yesterday was our class on Rome at the Rick Steves travel center! We got luck finding a parking space in the cute little downtown area then headed in to find a PACKED store! There were people everywhere! The class was overfull, and I think my firefighter husband was chafing at the bit as the room was clearly over capacity! They were adding chairs and blocking means of egress.
Our lecturer was Francesca. She was an Italian-American who grew up in Rome. She was lovely to listen to ! Her English was lilting...a huge contrast to the art historian we had in Rome....She had an organized presentation that had wonderful pictures to accompany her lecture. She started talking about the "Ancient City" and its more than 2700 years of existence!! WOW! She then covered "Nature and the City", "A City in Ruins", "The Middle Ages", "If the Renaissance was Born in Florence, What about Rome", "Baroque Masterpieces", and "Fountains and Piazzas". It was interesting to hear her take on what it was like living in a place where you see these wonderful ruins everyday. I could probably go on for quite a bit about the lecture, but I won't bore y'all with the details. Ashleigh, poor thing, woke up with a cold that day and spent a great deal of time trying not to be too obnoxious blowing her nose. She lasted about 45-60 minutes before needing to step out. Note to parental units: Bring a DS and headphones next time.
Francesca was running out of time, as she clearly could talk on the subject at length. I was informed that Sean and Ashleigh were starving and that we needed to leave . So, I went in search of a Barcelona map and found just what I needed! They had flyers available at the beginning of class that listed a "class special". I could have gotten a free set of packing cubes with a purchase of one of his big bags. Which I don't need, as we replaced all our luggage prior to the last Med cruise. I did, however, look to see whether there was a camera bag, but it doesn't look like he carries one of those. Seeing as how he travels with a ton of camera gear, you'd think he'd have an opinion on the matter, right? Perhaps I should send an email to suggest that....
Anyway, there were also a 8 books listed at 20% off in addition to the previously advertised (email and Facebook) weekly deal (Spain and Portugal). I only ended up with the map, but it's laminated and I'm going to get a dry erase pen to start marking possible apartment rentals on it so as to narrow down where I'd like to stay.
So the lesson learned today was to get there earlier to get seats together (we weren't), and bring entertainment for Ashleigh for when she's overloaded on info. I asked her what she learned and the thing that stuck out in her mind was a picture from 1901 of the Pantheon. The Tiber river had flooded and there was about 2 feet of water covering the bottom half of the Pantheon. Yup, if there's destruction, that's what the kid is going to remember. She did get a kick of seeing pictures of places that we have pictures of! She kept pointing and smiling at me: "we've been there!".

Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #236
o&smom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MinnieDiva;44205305]

How exciting!!! You're going to love WDW!!! My first visit there was in 2006 and I've been addicted since! And a cruise to boot....you're one lucky lady! Sean and I will be heading to WDW this September for our 15th anniversary and are going to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler. Looking forward to doing all the things you can't do with kids. You have no idea how indignant Ashleigh was when she found out we were going without her...

We are all VERY excited! We have visited DL about four times, but it is hard to imagine the scale of WDW. As we are only there for a couple of days we are only going to visit two parks this time - Epcot and Magic Kingdom. We thought we would leave something new for next time! Bill and I will be enjoying our 16th anniv. while we are there. We will be celebrating with Cinderella in her castle for lunch on the actual day with both of our kids and then having our romantic dinner for two a couple of days later at Remy!!!

Marni
DLP - 6/13
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #237
o&smom
Mouseketeer

PS. You mentioned a while back that your husband had lived in Napa at one time. Did he live in the city of Napa or upvalley? We lived in American Canyon, the town just south of the city of Napa, from 2001-2007.

Marni
DLP - 6/13
Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #238
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
SO yesterday was our class on Rome at the Rick Steves travel center! We got luck finding a parking space in the cute little downtown area then headed in to find a PACKED store! There were people everywhere! The class was overfull, and I think my firefighter husband was chafing at the bit as the room was clearly over capacity! They were adding chairs and blocking means of egress.
Our lecturer was Francesca. She was an Italian-American who grew up in Rome. She was lovely to listen to ! Her English was lilting...a huge contrast to the art historian we had in Rome....She had an organized presentation that had wonderful pictures to accompany her lecture. She started talking about the "Ancient City" and its more than 2700 years of existence!! WOW! She then covered "Nature and the City", "A City in Ruins", "The Middle Ages", "If the Renaissance was Born in Florence, What about Rome", "Baroque Masterpieces", and "Fountains and Piazzas". It was interesting to hear her take on what it was like living in a place where you see these wonderful ruins everyday. I could probably go on for quite a bit about the lecture, but I won't bore y'all with the details. Ashleigh, poor thing, woke up with a cold that day and spent a great deal of time trying not to be too obnoxious blowing her nose. She lasted about 45-60 minutes before needing to step out. Note to parental units: Bring a DS and headphones next time.
Francesca was running out of time, as she clearly could talk on the subject at length. I was informed that Sean and Ashleigh were starving and that we needed to leave . So, I went in search of a Barcelona map and found just what I needed! They had flyers available at the beginning of class that listed a "class special". I could have gotten a free set of packing cubes with a purchase of one of his big bags. Which I don't need, as we replaced all our luggage prior to the last Med cruise. I did, however, look to see whether there was a camera bag, but it doesn't look like he carries one of those. Seeing as how he travels with a ton of camera gear, you'd think he'd have an opinion on the matter, right? Perhaps I should send an email to suggest that....
Anyway, there were also a 8 books listed at 20% off in addition to the previously advertised (email and Facebook) weekly deal (Spain and Portugal). I only ended up with the map, but it's laminated and I'm going to get a dry erase pen to start marking possible apartment rentals on it so as to narrow down where I'd like to stay.
So the lesson learned today was to get there earlier to get seats together (we weren't), and bring entertainment for Ashleigh for when she's overloaded on info. I asked her what she learned and the thing that stuck out in her mind was a picture from 1901 of the Pantheon. The Tiber river had flooded and there was about 2 feet of water covering the bottom half of the Pantheon. Yup, if there's destruction, that's what the kid is going to remember. She did get a kick of seeing pictures of places that we have pictures of! She kept pointing and smiling at me: "we've been there!".
OK, you got me searching the great white north for Rick Steeves books. I have been reading all your posts and really, your excitement is very infectious! Keep it up, Kim! You are an amazing person, I hope to meet you on our cruise!
Marilyn
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #239
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanNan View Post
OK, you got me searching the great white north for Rick Steeves books. I have been reading all your posts and really, your excitement is very infectious! Keep it up, Kim! You are an amazing person, I hope to meet you on our cruise!
Marilyn
I second the amazing part!!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #240
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
PS. You mentioned a while back that your husband had lived in Napa at one time. Did he live in the city of Napa or upvalley? We lived in American Canyon, the town just south of the city of Napa, from 2001-2007.

Marni
He lived in Napa...not 100% sure of the years, but 1988-mid 90's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanNan View Post
Marilyn
We'll meet! Long live the Dis Meet! Don't forget the library and Amazon. He also has some electronic resources, if you're a tablet person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I second the amazing part!!!!
Awwwwww...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: