Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #376
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Now that sounds like my kind of trip!
Love the addition of Kidani and then a 2br!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #377
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm going with Raglan Road for lunch, assuming you are heading over to Disney property first.

Wow - 2BR Kidani - major upgrade. And exactly how long is it going to be before you add-on? I predict you will be looking for a new contract by the time you get home, maybe sooner.

Yeah for having the 1 day base tickets. Are you going to get your AP then? You probably should, unless you have something else up your sleeve.

Your trip is going to be wonderful. It sounds like a great combo of everything.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #378
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Gotta love a 4 night cruise that turns into an 11 night trip…to get cheaper flights! Fuzzy Disney math at it’s BEST!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #379
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

That is fantastic! A two bedroom at Kidani sounds like heaven. I fall into the category of people who feel truly transported when they go to AKL (never been out to Kidani, but I'm planning on a meal at Sanaa at some point...July, maybe?) and I would love to stay there. It would also be my choice if I weren't going to go to a park. Though it is nice that it worked out that you are. And I'm just happy that you worked out a stop at Disneyworld at all. Well played.

I love fuzzy Disney math... I think it may be the only type I understand. Its how we've ended up staying deluxe. I figure, OK...I would spend this much on rack rate at a mod...but I can get very close to that number with a discount at a deluxe. Which means, I never consider applying that same discount to a mod. If Mark knew the full extent of how my brain works on this, he might kill me.

Once I started reading, I knew where it was headed and hoping you'd be there when we're going to be, but alas, we miss eachother by a few days. Plus, given your short time, any type of meet would have been tough for you guys. Luckily there's October!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #380
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Airfare this year has been the worst I've seen in awhile. Our fares have fluctuated, but not lower than we paid. Actually, it hasn't gone back down to what we paid either. Does Virgin America fly from Seattle to MCO? I've heard good things about them.

Your trip sounds AMAZING! Vero+DCL+AKV-Kidani+AK day= PERFECT!!!

A 2 br at Kidani sounds amazing. And three bathrooms is even better.

What is your departure date from Kidani? I think we JUST miss each other.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #381
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

A Kidani 2 bedroom -- what a great idea!!! This is working into a fantastic trip!

Jeff throws you for another loop? Can't wait to see what that could be.

And if you're ever local enough to meet up with MEK, you have to include me as well....I work in DE.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #382
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
And if you're ever local enough to meet up with MEK, you have to include me as well....I work in DE.
How did I not know that you worked in Delaware?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #384
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Kidani!!! You know that gets a stamp of approval from me!

Luckily our boys are heavy sleepers (at least until the wee morning hours) so if we want to stay up in the living room, we can put them to bed in the master & move them to the living room when we want to go to bed. I think having the 2 bedrooms will work out great for your gang!
We could do that when they were smaller but they are too heavy to carry and really hard to wake up. We have done it before though. We went for the dedicated 2B so they could have that room, each with their own bed and not worry about folding up two couches. I am very excited for the 2B, I think we may all want some space by then and if so, it will restore harmony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I Kindani. We stayed in a 2BR lockoff in October and the 3 bathrooms were a godsend with 4 adults and 2 kids...so nice to have the space and the ability to be away from each other!

Jill in CO
We debated lockoff versus dedicated, probably more than we needed to. We figured in a lockoff, K would get the bedroom so she had a real bed and the boys the living room. We decided we vastly preferred the only one couch to fold up and the boys in their own room, a full room away from ours. Seriously, Jeff can hear Eric through the walls!

Despite the heat we will be on the balcony a lot and it will be really nice not to feel like we are fighting for space with 3 balconies!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #385
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Now that sounds like my kind of trip!
Love the addition of Kidani and then a 2br!!!
We are SO excited to stay there! Well, Jeff and I are, the kids don't have a clue! I did look at a 2B for Vero, of course they are long gone now, but as that shoots any chance of a view and it's early in the trip, a 1B should do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm going with Raglan Road for lunch, assuming you are heading over to Disney property first.
guess noted!

Quote:
Wow - 2BR Kidani - major upgrade. And exactly how long is it going to be before you add-on? I predict you will be looking for a new contract by the time you get home, maybe sooner.
Maybe sooner, maybe on the cruise, maybe after, we will see. We will likely add on between now and November, it;s a matter of when and where and for how much. We knew it was a starter contract and it is meeting our needs at the moment.

Quote:
Yeah for having the 1 day base tickets. Are you going to get your AP then? You probably should, unless you have something else up your sleeve.
I was wondering if anyone would notice we were a ticket short! Yes, I plan to get my AP then since even if the family trip falls apart at a minimum I break even with our trip thanks to the DVC discount. However, the family trip should be within my AP window...or at least I'm really going to try and make sure it is!

Quote:
Your trip is going to be wonderful. It sounds like a great combo of everything.
Thanks! We are very excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
That is fantastic! A two bedroom at Kidani sounds like heaven. I fall into the category of people who feel truly transported when they go to AKL (never been out to Kidani, but I'm planning on a meal at Sanaa at some point...July, maybe?) and I would love to stay there. It would also be my choice if I weren't going to go to a park. Though it is nice that it worked out that you are. And I'm just happy that you worked out a stop at Disneyworld at all. Well played.
One of these days Tina, you will be there for sure and Max will be more into it as well.

Quote:
I love fuzzy Disney math... I think it may be the only type I understand. Its how we've ended up staying deluxe. I figure, OK...I would spend this much on rack rate at a mod...but I can get very close to that number with a discount at a deluxe. Which means, I never consider applying that same discount to a mod. If Mark knew the full extent of how my brain works on this, he might kill me.
Yep, I know that game well!

Quote:
Once I started reading, I knew where it was headed and hoping you'd be there when we're going to be, but alas, we miss eachother by a few days. Plus, given your short time, any type of meet would have been tough for you guys. Luckily there's October!
A meet at WDW will be really tough. I hope to see my college friend Julie at either WDW or Vero but that's probably about all I can fit in, not even going to attempt other meets since there are so many in Oct.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #386
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We went for the dedicated 2B so they could have that room, each with their own bed and not worry about folding up two couches. I am very excited for the 2B, I think we may all want some space by then and if so, it will restore harmony!
Except if they decide to get super creative and lock themselves in. This actually happened to us in SSR. Brian, Nick, and Brian's friend decided to be cute and lock their bedroom door. My friend's T&K were with us and T wasted no time calling maintenance to have their lock popped. Imagine their surprise when maintenance walked in!

Last edited by MEK; 03-24-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #387
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Caught up

Enjoyed your mini report, sounded like a great getaway w/ the boys

I love how you have added the AKV and day at AK onto the end of the trip...what fun

Can't wait to see what else is coming up!
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #388
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

YAY for two nights at Kidani! I've debated switching over there from Jambo for October, but I also am considering all the other resorts!
Someday I'd like a 1 or 2 BR there - we'll need some space eventually! I think your thinking is right on - you will need a little breathing room after the close quarters on the cruise.

You are the BEST at fuzzy Disney math - it even sounds reasonable!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #389
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lucky, lucky girl. As you know, we fell in love with Kidani in September (we had the one-bedroom villa for just the two of us) and it was absolutely heavenly. I can't wait to stay there for our 30th anniversary in 2013.

Your plans are coming along, and I do love your fuzzy Disney math.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #390
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Airfare this year has been the worst I've seen in awhile. Our fares have fluctuated, but not lower than we paid. Actually, it hasn't gone back down to what we paid either. Does Virgin America fly from Seattle to MCO? I've heard good things about them.
Not to MCO, I don't think. They do to NYC. I've never flown them either but have heard good things. Only Alaska flies direct, and that's limited. The other options are Delta, Air Tran, Frontier, United, Continental and American. We prefer Alaska for the direct option as well as that's where we have miles. We have Delta on the way out and Alaska back. Nice thing about Delta is that I can have the miles put on Alaska if I want. Which I am for everyone but myself since I have miles on Delta as well. My worry with United, American and Continental is flight changes and cancellations, they are pretty notorious for it. I swear my BF had 3 or 4 flight changes by united for her Feb trip and then ended up in a mechanical delay scenario on their way there that had them stranded on their layover for a good 8 hours. They almost had to stay the night there. Frontier would probably have been our next choice but they don't do a red eye. It's the outbound red eye that's the problem since the direct is only 2x a week. Alaska does have a daily non stop during daylight hours but then your whole day is on the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Your trip sounds AMAZING! Vero+DCL+AKV-Kidani+AK day= PERFECT!!!

A 2 br at Kidani sounds amazing. And three bathrooms is even better.

What is your departure date from Kidani? I think we JUST miss each other.
the 7th. Are you at Jambo or Kidani for the AK part?

Quote:
A Kidani 2 bedroom -- what a great idea!!! This is working into a fantastic trip!

Jeff throws you for another loop? Can't wait to see what that could be.
The man continues to shock me. Multiple times with this trip, not sure I know who he is anymore!

I hope you think it's fantastic, it has some of the same things yours does! I really thought we'd end up at SSR or OWK and do DTD for a night and that would be it so I am quite pleased with the whole thing! I actually think it will be relatively easy to pull off the surprise too, as the kids have asked and we've agreed that we will hit DTD after the cruise so to head over there won't seem suspect at all.

Quote:

Well it is unlikely I'll be out there but that would be cool! It was an odd thing, a conference in Dover. Which theoretically was under one of my peers area of responsibility more than mine, though I refereed to go! However, we decided not to attend at all. Which, much as I'd love to see Mary Ellen, from a business standpoint was the right call.

Quote:
How did I not know that you worked in Delaware?

Quote:
I don't know....you never asked.
And you never offered apparently

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: