Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Really loving your report! So glad that you both had such a great time. The best memories are made when you and the person you are with can both embrace your inner child and appreciate the magic!
Thanks for the great reporting!!
Thanks for taking the time to read and enjoy my report. It is so true what you said, we both soaked up every minute there and can't wait until we return next year.

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Sounded like you had a better time at EPCOT they you were expecting. It's funny how you can walk all around DW and not get nearly as tired if you were walking that much anywhere else.

I think I tried on that same sombrero and posed for a picture in it during our trip. Makes one wonder how many people tried on that sombrero.

It also looks like you had some great weather during your day at EPCOT. We went in August and it rained most of the afternoon and evening we were there. Thankfully it did let up just in time for illuminations.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #33
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful surprise for your wife!! I am enjoying your trip report very much and look forward to reading along!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #34
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!! The video is great!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

Loving your report so far! You and Nicole are such a great couple!!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Following along
Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
Sounded like you had a better time at EPCOT they you were expecting. It's funny how you can walk all around DW and not get nearly as tired if you were walking that much anywhere else.

I think I tried on that same sombrero and posed for a picture in it during our trip. Makes one wonder how many people tried on that sombrero.

It also looks like you had some great weather during your day at EPCOT. We went in August and it rained most of the afternoon and evening we were there. Thankfully it did let up just in time for illuminations.
Man....I never thought about the sombrero thing, good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
What a wonderful surprise for your wife!! I am enjoying your trip report very much and look forward to reading along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!! The video is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Following along
Thanks alot guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
Loving your report so far! You and Nicole are such a great couple!!
Thanks so much.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #38
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

good to hear you 2 had a good time at epcot.Hope you didn't have to wait to long for the bus, I know last time we were there we had to wait for 3 buses b4 we even got on the bus. Other then that I love the park.

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
Old 02-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #39
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

I'm in! LOVED the surprise video!!!

My mom is joining us for our next trip Feb 2013. She's 58 years old and it will be her first trip. I seriously can't wait

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 02-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #40
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
I'm in! LOVED the surprise video!!!

My mom is joining us for our next trip Feb 2013. She's 58 years old and it will be her first trip. I seriously can't wait
Awesome! Just started reading your thread for Feb. 2013..... We're not going back until Nov. of next year and it's killing me. Can't wait to start planning again.

I know I have it bad because as soon as we returned from our trip in January I started reading the 2012 Unoffical guide cover to cover....there's no hope for me.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #41
MickeyMoguls
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your trip report. I haven't seen the video yet, but I loved the pictures of your wife when she first got there! That's the way I feel everytime I go to WDW! Can't wait to get home from work and see her reaction on the video.

1987- off site, 1990- off site, 1998-honeymoon off site, 2011- Anniversary trip CSR

Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMoguls View Post
Really enjoying your trip report. I haven't seen the video yet, but I loved the pictures of your wife when she first got there! That's the way I feel everytime I go to WDW! Can't wait to get home from work and see her reaction on the video.
Glad your enjoying the TR....here's a link to the video, hope you enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/dGPryDP2URg

Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #43
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Green Machine, what a wonderful surprise you pulled off for your wife. I loved that you took video of her on Christmas morning, then shared with us all her reaction. As well as her seeing WDW banner for the first time. You guys brought tears to my eyes, but I tear up every time when I am there and we are walking down Main Street.

You really know how to keep a surprise! I did a trip for my DH in 2006 that was a biggie for him. I had our two daughters, and DSIL's and our two grandkids surprise him and all meet at the Poly. He had no idea, we all had a week together and it was amazine! It took me 11 months to put the trip together. Keeping a surprise like you did is really difficult. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_green_machine View Post
It seems that work and other things don't seem to understand that I have a trip report to finish....sorry for how long this is taking....
Don't worry about how long it takes you to do the trip report. We all will be here waiting... we all want to see how everything went and you are a good writer! Take a look at some of the TR's there are some that go on for a year or more.

Oh yeah...I am subscribing! Have to head back to Epcot to finish reading your test track reaction.

Angel16
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #44
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Green Machine, what a wonderful surprise you pulled off for your wife. I loved that you took video of her on Christmas morning, then shared with us all her reaction. As well as her seeing WDW banner for the first time. You guys brought tears to my eyes, but I tear up every time when I am there and we are walking down Main Street.

You really know how to keep a surprise! I did a trip for my DH in 2006 that was a biggie for him. I had our two daughters, and DSIL's and our two grandkids surprise him and all meet at the Poly. He had no idea, we all had a week together and it was amazine! It took me 11 months to put the trip together. Keeping a surprise like you did is really difficult. Way to go!

Don't worry about how long it takes you to do the trip report. We all will be here waiting... we all want to see how everything went and you are a good writer! Take a look at some of the TR's there are some that go on for a year or more.

Oh yeah...I am subscribing! Have to head back to Epcot to finish reading your test track reaction.

Angel16
Thank you very much, I knew early on that I wanted to catch her reaction the first time she saw the castle, but I had no idea if I could put it off...

That said, thanks to the boards, someone explained that you enter from either side and dont see the castle immediately. I knew at that point I had to try. I almost messed up though, when we entered I was 100% swept up in all the excitement I almost forgot what was going on...I got lucky for sure...That one moment on film completely validated the unknown number of hours spent putting this together.

Let me tell you, I wouldnt be able to do it again for sure....We are planning our return next year, it will be so much better doing it together!

Well I will have day 5 up tomorrow....but our day 6 is at Animal Kingdom and lets just say.....Things got intense! can't wait to share it with everyone.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #45
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Actually scratch that...I'll have day 4 up tomorrow....I got ahead of myself there for a moment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: