Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Fred and Wilma - They're Back and They're Child Free (Day 7 - Hollywood Studios)

Wednesday 1st September 2010

The combination of a full stomach and a couple of drinks obviously aided sleep as we didn’t wake until 7.30 this morning. After showers and the usual morning routine, we were on the walking path to Hollywood Studios by 8.45.

It was a very pleasant walk in the early morning sunshine but you could tell it was going to be a scorcher of a day. We arrived at the park just as the opening ceremony was finishing. Without our bag holder/fast pass runner we had to change our tactic slightly here and head to Toy Story Mania first for Fast Passes. The CMs were really funny, guiding the crowds in the same direction, through the archway and round the corner rather than down the steps. One of them kept shouting ‘There are other rides and attractions in the park, you know’ but everybody was obviously completely ignoring him and continuing on in their mission. The ride itself was not actually operating and so we joined the long Fast Pass line. By the time we got our FPs at 9.07, the return time was 11.55 to 12.55.

From there it was on to Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster (although we had promised Daniel we wouldn’t ride) We did buy the picture and then realised we would have to hide it from Daniel when we got home. Gary bought himself a t-shirt, with the logo ‘Turn up the bass’ as he plays bass guitar.

Being the creatures of habit that we are, it was then time for a quick breakfast at Starring Rolls. I still haven’t managed to have one of their delicious-looking cupcakes (somehow they never really appeal to me at that time of the morning) but I will one day.

We chose turnovers – apple for me and cherry for Gary. We also bought a large diet coke; it was already sweltering. The CM at the checkout was not happy that Gary only had a $100 bill and, for a scary moment, we thought she was going to refuse to take it. She did take it in the end although she grumbled that we had wiped her out of change.

After breakfast, we went to watch Muppet Vision 3D, which never fails to make me laugh. We wanted to see Indiana Jones after that but it was standing room only.

I had decided I wanted to have my photo with Lotso Huggin’ Bear. Gary was reluctant and kept saying we would be the only adults there. Lo and behold, we were the only ones in the line with no kids. I did spot another couple who appeared not to have kids but, as they got to the front of the line, two little ones came running up. Still, never one to let a little detail like that deter me, I made the most of the photo op and even persuaded Gary to join me.

After pictures with Lotso, we got a FP for Rock n Roller Coaster and then rode Toy Story Midway Mania. The wait, even with our FPs was almost 30 minutes. All Fast Passes had gone for the day and the standby time was showing 60 minutes so we were glad we had got the FPs when we did.

Gary thrashed me on Toy Story (as usual) and insisted I take a photo of the scores as evidence. Funny that there was no such evidence of his alleged 500,000 score on Men In Black

It was time for the next showing of Indiana Jones so, with a quick stop for ice-creams, we went and found some great seats in the theatre.

Gary had a Mickey Bar but I decided to try a Cookies and Cream Bar and it was delicious – my new favourite.

Indiana Jones was really good. We hadn’t seen it since our first visit to WDW in 2004 so it was nice to experience something unfamiliar.

After rides on Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster (short waits on both), we were just in time to catch the 2 o’clock showing of Beauty and the Beast. This is my all-time favourite show at WDW and my favourite Disney movie.

When Beauty and the Beast finished, we left the theatre just in time to catch the end of a performance by some of the Citizens of Hollywood. They were pretending to spray a tree with some kind of pesticide (which was actually water) and kept spraying members of the audience. It was very funny.

The Block Party Bash parade was about to start so we wandered down to watch. There weren’t many people on our side of the street as it was right in the sun and blisteringly hot. I wasn’t actually that impressed with the parade. It’s probably more enjoyable for the kids than the adults.

We weren’t quite ready to leave yet so thought we would go and check out the standby time for Toy Story Mania. It was showing as 45 minutes so we joined the line. However, after 15 minutes, the line had not moved one iota so we decided to call it a day.

On the way out of the Studios, we stopped to buy a Phineas and Ferb pin for Rhiannon as she absolutely loves them. We caught the Friendship boat but alighted at the Swan/Dolphin and walked back to the room from there.

We were going to spend some time by the pool but decided, instead, to do a bit of shopping. We first went to Publix, where we bought some Pepsi Max, a supply of Goober’s PB&J for Gary, some Lays Wavy and some mixes/spices that are much cheaper than at home. We also wanted Tylenol but couldn’t find any so drove to Super Target and managed to get a big bottle of their own brand.

Back in the room, we got freshened up and walked round to Beaches and Cream for dinner.

We both had the Chicken Sandwich.

Followed by the peanut butter monstrosity that is the No Way Jose, for Gary, and a Fudge Mud Slide (no cream) for me.

The check came to $56 with tip. After all that food, I had to practically roll Gary back around the Boardwalk. We decided to stroll right the way round to walk off dinner. It was such a beautiful evening and it reminded me why I love to stay in this area of WDW.

We stopped to watch the entertainment and bumped into the family we’d met on the plane, who were staying at the Yacht Club. We all stood and chatted for a while until their kids started to get tired and they called it a night.

Gary and I found a bench and sat on the Boardwalk, taking in the atmosphere. We could see Wishes in the distance and then, a short while after, we could hear (and occasionally see) Illuminations.

We sat chilling and talking and we debated whether or not to go to Jellyrolls but we were still really full and so, after a quick look at the gorgeous (and expensive) art in the Wyland Gallery, we headed off to bed.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

what a lovely evening, thats why I want to stay at the Boardwalk.

Mike is impressed you had an ice cream each at B&C.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

What a lovely evening, that's why I want to stay at the Boardwalk.

Mike is impressed you had an ice cream each at B&C.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
runskyhy
It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Gary thrashed me on Toy Story (as usual) and insisted I take a photo of the scores as evidence.
The photo says your aim was more accurate though (36% vs. his 29%). Theoretically, if you had pulled on the trigger as much as he did at the same accuracy rate, you would have scored more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Gary had a Mickey Bar but I decided to try a Cookies and Cream Bar and it was delicious – my new favourite.
Did you say Cookies and Cream Sandwich Bar!?! I had no idea they existed in Mickey form!!

RC Oasis, Western Caribbean 03/2014
Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean 05/2012, 10/2013
Disney Dream, Bahamas 03/2011, 07/2011 , 07/2013
Disney Wonder, Bahamas 03/2006, 03/2009, 10/2009, 02/2013
Caribbean Princess, NE & Canada 10/2012

Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 10/2011
Coral Princess, Southbound Inside Passage 06/2010
Carnival Ecstasy, Key West & Cozumel 03/1995
WDW, FL 05/1992, 02/2010, 09/2010, 02/2013
West CA 01/2010, NV 4/2012, AZ 3/2013
runskyhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

The boardwalk is lovely in the evening isn't it.
The no way Jose is our fav as well.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Your post reminds me of just how lovely it is to stay at the Boardwalk.

Those sundaes look delicious - particularly the peanut butter No Way San Jose

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a lovely day
We so enjoyed the walk over to the Studios, the location on BWV is fantastic!
Now I want a No Way Jose for breakfast
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

On our last trip we took my SIL and her DH to look at the boardwalk. They loved it and couldn't believe how peaceful it was considering you're so near to the parks.
Another great day Joh
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk looks lovely in the evening.

the sundaes look good, I might have to try one at some point.

another good update x
Old 02-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #10
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

With all this frost around, I am sitting here just imagining walking around the Boardwalk on a balmy evening. Another great day and lovely pics

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Yet another fabulous day
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Lovely day Huge ice-creams!!

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: