Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #121
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

WOW! The military discount for 7nt out of Galveston for September and October is incredible! About $1800 for a 9c for a family of 4!!! I hope the discounts keep coming for February!!! AND before we hit the 75 day mark
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #122
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
That's so cool!! What is your degree going to be in? Where are you going?
I just graduated from West Texas A&M in the fall of '09. I had started my degree back in '83, and always hated not finishing. So, I decided that between working fulltime and being a single parent, I had waaayyyy too much free time , and decided to finish my degree. Best thing I ever did, for my own self-esteem if nothing else. And I think the example I set for my son was exponentially greater than any motivating words I could tell him.

My entire course load was online. It was much harder that way -- you are so on your own and have to develop amazing amounts of self-discipline -- but was also better in that you could study and take tests and whatnot when it was convenient and better for YOU. Morning person? Take a quiz at 6am. Brain more awake at midnight? Take a test then. I loved that.

Good luck!!
Thanks!!! I am going to Park University. Their main campus in outside Kansas City but they have satellites all over the country on Air Force bases, so I'll be attending classes on Lackland for the most part. Even though I HATE going there. I always feel like I am back in basic training and I am about to get yelled at! lol My degree is in Management/Health Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
WOW! The military discount for 7nt out of Galveston for September and October is incredible! About $1800 for a 9c for a family of 4!!! I hope the discounts keep coming for February!!! AND before we hit the 75 day mark
OMG, those rates are incredible. If the 13th of October was open for that discount I would switch. A 4A is less than half price than what we are paying now in a 7A. The Oct 6 cruise is my last week of class though. Plus not sure Chris can get a week off then. We are going to Vegas in two weeks then he is having surgery in September and has two weeks convalescent leave. Wow, I really hope they keep up with these discounts! I'm actually torn on this right now.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #123
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

6 MONTHS!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #124
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

They're killing me on the military rates!!! $2200 for 4 in a 4e Deluxe family verandah stateroom in November on the 7 nt Galveston! The only thing keeping me from switching right now is that we only vacation in Jan and Feb- that time of year it's 20-30 below here and if we don't get out of town I go stir crazy.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #125
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post

OMG, those rates are incredible. If the 13th of October was open for that discount I would switch.
October 13th Military rates $2297 for a 4A for 4
Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #126
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Holy smokes, those rates are amazing!! I'd be contemplating switching too! Well, sorta... I'm beyond excited about having an extra night on our cruise!!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #127
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Holy smokes, those rates are amazing!! I'd be contemplating switching too! Well, sorta... I'm beyond excited about having an extra night on our cruise!!!
Yes, me too, but the savings are almost equal to doing a b2b, which would be 13 days instead of 8!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #128
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

There is a very good chance we are jumping ship to the November 3rd cruise. The military discount is just too good for us to pass up. Chris is trying to get approval now and we are thinking he can since most people take leave for Thanksgiving or Christmas, the beginning of November should be ok. As much as we would like to hold out for a discount on this cruise and have the extra day, we think we should take the sure bet. I'll update when we know for sure!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #129
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
There is a very good chance we are jumping ship to the November 3rd cruise. The military discount is just too good for us to pass up. Chris is trying to get approval now and we are thinking he can since most people take leave for Thanksgiving or Christmas, the beginning of November should be ok. As much as we would like to hold out for a discount on this cruise and have the extra day, we think we should take the sure bet. I'll update when we know for sure!

Awwwww... Boo!! But I do understand. Those prices are just too good!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #130
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, just in time for summer AND hurricane season! Lol. What part of Houston are you moving to? At least now you'll have a much shorter drive to the pier!!
Ack, I haven't been on here in forever. My son keeps me hopping! We've moved to Northwest Houston. We have a Houston address but we border Spring and...another area...I can't remember right now! Lol. Summer/Hurricane season doesn't bother us, thank goodness. Tampa, Fl is "home" so we're used to the heat, humidity, and storms!!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #131
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know we're still 7 months out from our cruise, but I am stressing big-time over FE gifts. I look at some of these amazing things that other people have made to give out, and it just blows my mind. I am soooooo not imaginative when it comes to things like that. At what point are we going to cut off the FE list to new participants, so that we know exactly how many gifts we need to make/get and for what ages, and have time to make/get them?

Welcome!! You must be so excited to be sailing on the Magic again after so many years! It will have been 5 for us by the time February rolls around, that feels like forever. I can't imagine 13 years!!

I'll add you to the list on the first page -- if you'd like me to add any other details, just let me know!
I worry about the FE gifts too!! My son is 6 months old and gives me NO TIME so far...but I'd really like to make something. If not...I have to come up with something to buy but I've no clue what so far and I don't remember what I did last time!! LOL

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #132
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On a more personal note I start back to school on August 20th.
The school I am going to has 8 week terms rather than semesters and our cruise is going to be right in the middle of Spring 1 so I am going to do online classes that term. I have only ever done one online class and it was independent study so I hope this goes as smoothly as I think it will. I am not looking forward to using the infamously slow on-board internet and am hoping I can find places in port. Of course the day we are in Key West will be the end of the previous week and I wont need to be online that day.
I started college going to the University of West Florida...traditional classes, etc. I did that for a year and then switched to online. Got both my Bachelors and Masters that way and LOVED it. Well...as much as you can love doing homework, lol.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #133
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome!! I am loving how many first-time cruisers there are here... y'all are going to have SO much fun!! There are plenty of us who could talk about cruising and DCL in particular all day long , so feel free to ask any questions you might think of! And please let me know if you'd like me to add you to the first-page list, and what info you'd like listed.

We did Captain Marvin's last time, and I have no problem booking with them again. They were punctual, professional, and knew their stuff. It was a great day! The only other tour I would consider is Fat Fish Adventures, but they only do custom tours for up to 8 people and that would be a giant hassle to coordinate if you don't already have 8 people in your party. Unless you're far more wealthy than me and can afford to just pay for the whole thing yourself no matter how few people you have. I'll probably be going with Captain Marvin's.

Probably just the two-stop tour for us, though, because one snorkel stop is enough and I'd rather have some time to enjoy the ship while everyone else is gone.

That's so cool!! What is your degree going to be in? Where are you going?
I just graduated from West Texas A&M in the fall of '09. I had started my degree back in '83, and always hated not finishing. So, I decided that between working fulltime and being a single parent, I had waaayyyy too much free time , and decided to finish my degree. Best thing I ever did, for my own self-esteem if nothing else. And I think the example I set for my son was exponentially greater than any motivating words I could tell him.

My entire course load was online. It was much harder that way -- you are so on your own and have to develop amazing amounts of self-discipline -- but was also better in that you could study and take tests and whatnot when it was convenient and better for YOU. Morning person? Take a quiz at 6am. Brain more awake at midnight? Take a test then. I loved that.

Good luck!!
It's funny that you said that, that you finished as much for your own self-esteem if nothing else! I got my degrees for Myself. I'm a stay-at-home wife & mommy which is my Dream Job but I still wanted to get my degrees!!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #134
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
OMG!! Fingers crossed!!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #135
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!!! I am going to Park University. Their main campus in outside Kansas City but they have satellites all over the country on Air Force bases, so I'll be attending classes on Lackland for the most part. Even though I HATE going there. I always feel like I am back in basic training and I am about to get yelled at! lol My degree is in Management/Health Care.

OMG, those rates are incredible. If the 13th of October was open for that discount I would switch. A 4A is less than half price than what we are paying now in a 7A. The Oct 6 cruise is my last week of class though. Plus not sure Chris can get a week off then. We are going to Vegas in two weeks then he is having surgery in September and has two weeks convalescent leave. Wow, I really hope they keep up with these discounts! I'm actually torn on this right now.
I feel the same way whenever I have to go to Lackland!!! lol

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: