Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #91
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Ok, I added us. We have two cabins. I guess I better start thinking about a game plan...hmmmm makes me a little MORE excited!
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #92
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Less than 7 months!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #93
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Yay!

So I am so excited to finally find our cruise thread!!! We are the Owen family and SOOOOOOOO stoked for our first cruise!! I learned about this forum from a lady that followers me on Instagram and there is so many things to do with fellow ship mates that not a lot of people know of. That being said... HEY ERRR BODY!!!! We would love to join the FE group and get in on all the scoop of our MAGAICAL trip together! WE are very big Disney fans. Until I can figure out all the count downs and siggy, a little bit about our Disney history...

Me: Disneyland about 3 times, WDW Cast Member in 2007
DH: First time to WDW was May 2007 when he visited me to PROPOSE

Together: Dec 2008 HoneyMoon

I am so excited to meet and chat with everyone.. I am new to this and will get all caught up with the groove of things by the time we ship out!!!! WHOOOOOOO
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #94
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODisney View Post
So I am so excited to finally find our cruise thread!!! We are the Owen family and SOOOOOOOO stoked for our first cruise!! I learned about this forum from a lady that followers me on Instagram and there is so many things to do with fellow ship mates that not a lot of people know of. That being said... HEY ERRR BODY!!!! We would love to join the FE group and get in on all the scoop of our MAGAICAL trip together! WE are very big Disney fans. Until I can figure out all the count downs and siggy, a little bit about our Disney history...

I am so excited to meet and chat with everyone.. I am new to this and will get all caught up with the groove of things by the time we ship out!!!! WHOOOOOOO

Welcome welcome WELCOME!! Another first-time cruiser... how exciting!!! Welcome to your new addiction!

I'd be happy to add you to our cruising list on the first page -- just let me know what info you'd like there!

I can't believe we're under 7 months now... the past 5+ months have FLOWN by!!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #95
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Welcome welcome WELCOME!! Another first-time cruiser... how exciting!!! Welcome to your new addiction!

I'd be happy to add you to our cruising list on the first page -- just let me know what info you'd like there!

I can't believe we're under 7 months now... the past 5+ months have FLOWN by!!!
Sure!! DH Chris 26 ME Carmen 25

And this is kind of our last thing on our bucket list before kids... so we are kind of calling it our 'BabyMoon'
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #96
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And this is kind of our last thing on our bucket list before kids... so we are kind of calling it our 'BabyMoon'
YAY!
Welcome A Board! We had our 1st DCL last February and re-booked on board for this one. Then DH decided we needed a kid free vacay and booked us on the MR 11/4...I that guy!
So by the time we cruise with you it will be our third...in a year, lol!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #97
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeahh!!!!!! Another first time cruiser like me

So nice to meet you (unofficially that is)

I've totally already got the Disney bug for cruising, and I haven't even sailed yet. Have this one booked and my mom and I are waiting for me to get on board so that I can plan one for me and her!! And even tho I only get one discount, Im hoping I can squeeze in a 4 night somewhere next year too

I love Disney
Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #98
Gina

Quote:

You're on the list! No turning back now! LOL Just let me know if you want any other info added on there.

Just curious, whereabouts do you live?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #99
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!
We are in Houston for the long weekend.
We spent a good part of the day in Galveston yesterday. I just wanted to give a quick report on the new Historic Pleasure Pier amusement park that opened last month in case anyone is coming in to Tx early and considering visiting. http://www.pleasurepier.com/index.html
First we were surprised at how low the crowds were! It's not really a full day experience but it's good for a few hours. They have 16 rides total but we only did 4. Not having kids we skipped the children's rides. We also skipped the log ride because people were getting soaked on it and we didn't want to spend all day wet. The rides we did do were a ton of fun. The Iron Shark roller coaster was awesome and we rode it twice.

After the park we walked down to this store called Murdochs and bought a few souvenirs and had a few drinks on the patio watching the waves then headed to dinner at Bubba Gumps on the pier. If you've never eaten at a Bubba Gumps it's a decent chain seafood place. Not our favorite but good.

So that was my day in Galveston! If you are coming in early or staying a few days after the cruise the Pleasure Pier is worth looking into. If you have kids you could spend much more time there then we did. I know there is another pier in Galveston but I have never been there.

We are off to the Houston Aquarium today!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #100
Gina

Hi Amanda! Thanks for the Pleasure Pier review! I want to ride the Iron Shark soooooo bad. And I love Murdoch's... I could spend all day (and all paycheck) there. But I love places like that anyway. Did y'all wander the Strand at all? Those are where my very very favorite places are. In fact, I think tomorrow night we're going to go grab a milkshake at La King's and then go ride the ferry. That's always our mini-cruise-fix.

How was the aquarium yesterday?? I've heard it's really neat!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #101
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Hi Amanda! Thanks for the Pleasure Pier review! I want to ride the Iron Shark soooooo bad. And I love Murdoch's... I could spend all day (and all paycheck) there. But I love places like that anyway. Did y'all wander the Strand at all? Those are where my very very favorite places are. In fact, I think tomorrow night we're going to go grab a milkshake at La King's and then go ride the ferry. That's always our mini-cruise-fix.

How was the aquarium yesterday?? I've heard it's really neat!
We didn't do anything else in Galveston. We meet my Bil and his fiance there and they aren't really in to doing stuff, if that makes sense? Lol
The aquarium is fun but small. We had lunch at the restaurant there and that was really nice. I don't think I would go out of my way to go to the aquarium again though.

Today we hit the Houston Museum of Natural Science. The new hall of palenontology is awesome! I'm like a kid when it comes to that stuff.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #102
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for that info!!

I am heading into Texas a couple of days before the cruise to check out Houston and then head into Galveston early. Will definitely check out the pier!!

Any other ideas or suggestions....throw them my way. I am up for anything. I LOVE exploring new places. Escpecially new restaurants. Let me know what's good there

Jenn
Old 07-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #103
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You're on the list! No turning back now! LOL Just let me know if you want any other info added on there.

Just curious, whereabouts do you live?

We live about 2 hours south of houston on the coast.. about the same distance from Galveston...

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

DH: WDW May 2007
ME: Disneyland 3 times, WDW Cast Member 2007
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #104
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
I am heading into Texas a couple of days before the cruise to check out Houston and then head into Galveston early. Will definitely check out the pier!!

The Pier was HOPPING this weekend, for sure!! Good grief, it took us forever to just inch through the intersection at 25th, and we couldn't find a spot to park to go to Murdoch's at all. Even at 10 o'clock at night! The Seawall was packed, even the *ferry* was packed. Lots of people enjoying Galveston this summer, which is great!! The more tourism improves, the more attractive Galveston is to cruise lines, and the more ships we get!

Quote:
Any other ideas or suggestions....throw them my way. I am up for anything. I LOVE exploring new places. Escpecially new restaurants. Let me know what's good there
Jenn

I would skip the Houston part and spend the time in Galveston! But that's just me.

Either way, there are a billion really great restaurants to choose from in both Houston and Galveston. I would recommend hitting www.b4-u-eat.com to find something close to where you'll be that sounds like something you want to try! The "close to where you'll be" part is important, since one place can be an hour and a half away from another and both still be considered to be in "Houston." One more reason I say to just skip it, lol. But I know there are tons of people who love Houston. Me, I got out at the very first chance I could, lol.

Quote:
We live about 2 hours south of houston on the coast.. about the same distance from Galveston...

Yeah, I know, I was just curious as to what town, is all. No big.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #105
SkyCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome!! You must be so excited to be sailing on the Magic again after so many years! It will have been 5 for us by the time February rolls around, that feels like forever. I can't imagine 13 years!!

I'll add you to the list on the first page -- if you'd like me to add any other details, just let me know!
Thank you Gina. You can add that we are in stateroom 2612.
13 years is a long time. We are looking forward to seeing if anything has changed. I don't remember the pirate night and fireworks back in 2000. Really looking forward to that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: