Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #76
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillee View Post
Sadly, we are abandoning ship...going on the Wonder out of Miami instead. Have a great trip everyone! Maybe we will be on this itinerary in 2014

Aww, hope you have a great time on the Wonder!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #77
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
DIS meet is a definite must!! Would love to meet up at some point with everyone, put some faces to names.

Would also love to meet with anyone staying overnight in Texas. I threw this question out on the facebook page, but will put it out here. Anyone from Texas know where might be a good place to stay the night before, or for 2 nights before? Or what area might be a good place to look at. Right where the ships are at port....or something called the Seawall? They are two different places, no? Just wondering what anyone thinks?

It's coming!!!!! Only.....278 days
Wish I could help but we don't know the area...yet! We are moving to Houston next week!!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #78
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Oh Oh.....you can add me to the roll call

It's me. Just me. Sailing my FIRST DCL cruise. Can't flipping WAIT!!!!!
Welcome!! Oh you are going to LOVE it!!! My Dh and I went on one over Christmas in...2008 I think. No kids at that point and we thought we'd feel out of place, Not At All. It was amazing!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #79
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPrincess View Post
Wish I could help but we don't know the area...yet! We are moving to Houston next week!!

Wow, just in time for summer AND hurricane season! Lol. What part of Houston are you moving to? At least now you'll have a much shorter drive to the pier!!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #80
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

How is everyone doing? Any fun summer plans?
We've been hiking every Saturday.
Chris managed to get a 5 day holiday weekend for the 4th of July and we will be heading to my BIL's house just outside of Houston. I guess as of now the plan is to head to Galveston on the 4th so I cant wait too see how crazy that day will be there! We may try the new Pleasure Pier but not on the 4th.
I started couch to 5K and I have a few races planed. A 5K next week, an 8K in September and a 5K in October at Sea World. Now that I am getting in to running I am a little sad we are not going to Castaway Cay because I would love to do the Castaway Cay 5K! I guess we'll just have to book on the Fantasy for 2014!

Chris just got home and it turns out he ordered the Disneyland Kinect game! I have been wanting to play it since it came out but could not justify $60 for it. He got it used for about $10!!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #81
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Chris managed to get a 5 day holiday weekend for the 4th of July and we will be heading to my BIL's house just outside of Houston. I guess as of now the plan is to head to Galveston on the 4th so I cant wait too see how crazy that day will be there! We may try the new Pleasure Pier but not on the 4th.

The island will definitely be crazy, especially along the Seawall! But festive and fun. http://www.galveston.com/cvb060812/

Quote:
I started couch to 5K and I have a few races planed. A 5K next week, an 8K in September and a 5K in October at Sea World. Now that I am getting in to running I am a little sad we are not going to Castaway Cay because I would love to do the Castaway Cay 5K! I guess we'll just have to book on the Fantasy for 2014!

Wow, congrats!! Although running is pretty much the LAST way I would want to spend a day at Castaway Cay... Unless the waiter was running away with my Malibu Colada for some reason, lol.

Quote:
Chris just got home and it turns out he ordered the Disneyland Kinect game! I have been wanting to play it since it came out but could not justify $60 for it. He got it used for about $10!!

Nice bargain!! So how do y'all like it?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #82
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck with your 5K!! Tomorrow right? Enjoy it.....and hopefully you'll have beautiful weather for it And Im a little jealous of the Sea World run, that sounds like tons of fun! Im hoping to do the Food and Wine Half next year....Ive started the C25K....getting back into running again and loving it.

You should book for the Fantasy.....my mom and me are looking into late Jan or early Feb of 2014 Already planning that trip and this one hasn't happen....can't wait for both of them. The Magic cruise can't come soon enough We can keep at the running, we can run the deck together

My summer plans are a little tame. I just returned home from the June 2nd sailing to Alaska on HAL. It was absolutely beautiful!! I have some vaca time in August but thinking it will all be day trips.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far!! I know it's crazy hot here, and probably just gonna get hotter
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #83
Gina

Quote:
The Magic cruise can't come soon enough We can keep at the running, we can run the deck together

You guys have fun with that... I'll be the one lazily waving at you from a comfy deck chair with a Malibu Colada in each hand!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #84
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
The island will definitely be crazy, especially along the Seawall! But festive and fun. http://www.galveston.com/cvb060812/

Wow, congrats!! Although running is pretty much the LAST way I would want to spend a day at Castaway Cay... Unless the waiter was running away with my Malibu Colada for some reason, lol.

Nice bargain!! So how do y'all like it?
I almost don't even want to go and deal with all the people. And I might not be able to if I get a job before then!

The Disneyland game is awesome!! The detail that went into it is wonderful. The interface is a little difficult because it was made with children as the primary players so I have to duck down a lot to get the Kinect to see me better!

Quote:
Good luck with your 5K!! Tomorrow right? Enjoy it.....and hopefully you'll have beautiful weather for it And Im a little jealous of the Sea World run, that sounds like tons of fun! Im hoping to do the Food and Wine Half next year....Ive started the C25K....getting back into running again and loving it.

You should book for the Fantasy.....my mom and me are looking into late Jan or early Feb of 2014 Already planning that trip and this one hasn't happen....can't wait for both of them. The Magic cruise can't come soon enough We can keep at the running, we can run the deck together

My summer plans are a little tame. I just returned home from the June 2nd sailing to Alaska on HAL. It was absolutely beautiful!! I have some vaca time in August but thinking it will all be day trips.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far!! I know it's crazy hot here, and probably just gonna get hotter
C25K is what I did. The race was this morning and we had a great time. Chris won two gift cards from the door prizes! I made my under 40 minute goal by about 30 seconds. Now I have an 8K coming up in September and I want to train for even longer distances.
I would love to book the Fantasy but DH may be getting of the Navy next year so no more vacations until we know if he is going to re-enlist or he gets a job and we can take the time off. However I may book a dummy date for the same time in 2014 just in-case.
And Alaska sounds wonderful! So glad you had a good time. We were looking at an Alaska cruise on the Wonder in 2013 but with the Magic in our backyard it would be almost criminal not to chose this cruise! So I guess that is my next decision. Alaska or the Fantasy for 2014.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 06-23-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #85
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

I teach a beginning running program 3 days a week. If you have any problems with the C25K let me know. There's another one like it that some people have an easier time with.
I am soooo game to run the decks with friends!!! My daughter and I did that on the Wonder and it was so much fun! She will probably join us too.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #86
SkyCruiser
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone. Just booked this cruise. We are Jim and Brenda. Sailed on Disney Magic in 2000. Looking forward to sailing on her again.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #87
Gina

I know we're still 7 months out from our cruise, but I am stressing big-time over FE gifts. I look at some of these amazing things that other people have made to give out, and it just blows my mind. I am soooooo not imaginative when it comes to things like that. At what point are we going to cut off the FE list to new participants, so that we know exactly how many gifts we need to make/get and for what ages, and have time to make/get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCruiser View Post
Hello everyone. Just booked this cruise. We are Jim and Brenda. Sailed on Disney Magic in 2000. Looking forward to sailing on her again.

Welcome!! You must be so excited to be sailing on the Magic again after so many years! It will have been 5 for us by the time February rolls around, that feels like forever. I can't imagine 13 years!!

I'll add you to the list on the first page -- if you'd like me to add any other details, just let me know!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #88
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I know we're still 7 months out from our cruise, but I am stressing big-time over FE gifts. I look at some of these amazing things that other people have made to give out, and it just blows my mind. I am soooooo not imaginative when it comes to things like that. At what point are we going to cut off the FE list to new participants, so that we know exactly how many gifts we need to make/get and for what ages, and have time to make/get them?
How does January 4th sound as the cut off date? That is four weeks before we sail and should give everyone time after the holidays. So far we only have 7 cabins signed up for the FE. Any other takers???
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #89
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How does January 4th sound as the cut off date? That is four weeks before we sail and should give everyone time after the holidays. So far we only have 7 cabins signed up for the FE. Any other takers???
January 4th sounds perfect. I am planning on checking the "homemade FE" thread for ideas. Last cruise I spent WAAAYYY too much on FE's, so I'm hoping some hand made things might help that out this time. We are on the list right?
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #90
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
January 4th sounds perfect. I am planning on checking the "homemade FE" thread for ideas. Last cruise I spent WAAAYYY too much on FE's, so I'm hoping some hand made things might help that out this time. We are on the list right?
You are not on the list.
Here is the link for you and anyone else that would like to join.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yS25FSlE#gid=0

Enter as much or as little info as you want.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: