Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
mommy2jarod
Earning My Ears

Jarod will turn 12 on Feb. 21, and Jax will be Celebrating his 4th birthday on the ship.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
gotta love husbands who support our addiction!
He would never admit it but he loves Disney as much as I do. I'm still surprised he brought it up because he can be such a cheapskate! I still cant believe I got a secret verandah! I double checked about 5 times to make sure it was real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
Ooohhhhh......your lucky!! An upgrade I am thinking of maybe upgrading once getting to port (like, 11 months from now)

First off, I would LOVE to meet up before the cruise!! If you were thinking the night before, that would pretty much work for me Im coming in the day before the cruise to check out Texas. I have never been and would love to see the place. And to meet sometime maybe the day/night before would be great

Second, I would love to participate in the FE!! I don't know a TON about it but Im thinking I have some time to figure it out and get myself organized But you can put me on that list.

AND, I would love to have a facebook page. I have no Disney cruise pics to add but would love to look at others to get myself all excited for the cruise, although, I don't know if I can get more excited.....I just wish time would hurry it up

Jenn
We'll plan a meet for the day before. I probably wont bring DH. His brother lives in Houston so I can drop him off to play then meet up! He would just be all awkward and quiet anyhow!

I just made a group on FB. Here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/257656994318679/

For the FE I made a spreadsheet on Google. For anyone who wants to join PM me your email address and I will email you the spreadsheet.
We will make the deadline for joining about a month out from the cruise to give everyone time to buy/make their FE gifts. I hate to admit it but I am already working on mine!
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
mommy2jarod
Earning My Ears

I already have an idea for my FE gifts also
Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #34
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

I thought I was going well when I got DH to rebook onboard, then he surprised me by having me book a cruise for just us in October. I think he's hooked
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #35
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
I thought I was going well when I got DH to rebook onboard, then he surprised me by having me book a cruise for just us in October. I think he's hooked
TWO cruises to look forward to.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Hi again everyone! Back from the gorgeous Mariner of the Seas, tanned, rested, and relaxed. Had SUCH a good time, and so did my son. I highly recommend the Voyager class as a whole if you're considering RCI.

But now it's all about planning our cruise on our beloved Magic!!! I'm so glad that even at 16, my son is still just as excited as I am about this cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
We just upgraded our room! My DH just asked about what room we had and how much it would be to switch to a 7A like we had last time. We took a look at it and he said he would use his tax return to pay the difference. The best part is I was able to get one of the "secret" obstructed view rooms!

Too funny, Amanda -- I did too!! I couldn't stand it... It was making me nuts knowing that the "secret verandah" room we had last time was somehow still available, and was only $300 more than the inside (secret porthole) room I had booked. Decided I'd sell plasma or something if I had to to make up the difference, and upgraded right before we left. I'm so glad I did, because the cruise this past week reminded me how incredibly much time I spend on my balcony. A LOT. It'll be worth every extra penny to me. We're in 7120 again -- which one are you in??

Oh, and please send me whatever you've got for the FE exchange! I guess I need to start perusing the "homemade FE gifts" thread...

I am more than happy to start a running roll call list in the first post. How about.. Names, ages, stateroom (or just category/deck), dining seating, special occasions. As much or as little info as you feel comfortable with.

The only activity thing I can think of off the top of my head is to pre-form a big, awesome team together for Magic Quest. They DO still play that, don't they??

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)

Last edited by Gina; 03-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #37
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Too funny, Amanda -- I did too!! I couldn't stand it... It was making me nuts knowing that the "secret verandah" room we had last time was somehow still available, and was only $300 more than the inside (secret porthole) room I had booked. Decided I'd sell plasma or something if I had to to make up the difference, and upgraded right before we left. I'm so glad I did, because the cruise this past week reminded me how incredibly much time I spend on my balcony. A LOT. It'll be worth every extra penny to me. We're in 7120 again -- which one are you in??

Oh, and please send me whatever you've got for the FE exchange! I guess I need to start perusing the "homemade FE gifts" thread...

I am more than happy to start a running roll call list in the first post. How about.. Names, ages, stateroom (or just category/deck), special occasions. As much or as little info as you feel comfortable with.

The only activity thing I can think of off the top of my head is to pre-form a big, awesome team together for Magic Quest. They DO still play that, don't they??
Whoo hoo! Chris brought it up and we were going to "wait and see" if we were going to spring for a verandah but then I remembered the "secret" verandahs. I can NOT believe they were still available, no WAY I was giving that up! Three were open when I changed (you have the 4th!). We are in 6134.
We were just down the hall in room 6138, a true Navigator's verandah, last time. I didn't spend a ton of time out there but I think the open verandah will be better. More of a breeze. The Navigator verandah was just to stuffy for me to spend more than a few minutes but I loved being up on deck. I was happy with our 11C just to be on the ship but I am over the moon right now!
BTW they do have Cat 7As on the Dream/Fantasy.

Ok, I just checked and the other two secret verandahs are still open!!

Here is the link to the Google doc for the FE. Everyone please use a different background color. And if you have more than one stateroom in your group please use a different color for each. On my cruise last month I almost missed someone because they used the same color for both of their rooms.

Ok, what is Magic Quest? I have heard of this but not sure what it is??? Can grown-ups play?

Last edited by sissy_ib; 03-06-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #38
Gina

Quote:
Ok, what is Magic Quest? I have heard of this but not sure what it is??? Can grown-ups play?

Only grownups can play! It's an adult sort of scavenger hunt. They divide the audience into groups, teams, and somebody is made team captain for each. Then they have a series of quests each team has to do, from there in the venue. It might be as simple as producing a business card or false teeth or something like that, but it really gets funny when they call for something like a woman wearing men's pants or a man wearing at least 5 articles of women's clothing and accessories.

Since the team that stampedes up to the emcee with the correct stuff first gets the most points, there'll be bras, shoes, you-name-it flying through the air as people try and get stuff to their team captain fast. It's really fun and funny, and I always look forward to it. They do the same thing on RCI, and this last time was just hilarious. It's a not-miss!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

How do you find out which rooms have the secret "stuff"? We booked an inside stateroom but I'd really Really like to at least have a porthole if it's not too much more!!! I'm sure the secret verandah is more than my Dh is wanting to spend but if there's a window available that's a possibility!

We did the FE on the other Disney cruise we did and really enjoyed it! I would def be interested if it was a small group...or a large broken up!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I just asked to join the FB group! My first name is Alexis.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPrincess View Post
How do you find out which rooms have the secret "stuff"? We booked an inside stateroom but I'd really Really like to at least have a porthole if it's not too much more!!! I'm sure the secret verandah is more than my Dh is wanting to spend but if there's a window available that's a possibility!

The "secret porthole" rooms are 5020, 5520, 5022, 5024, 5522 and 5524. The "secret verandah" rooms are 6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620. Hope this helps!

Quote:
We did the FE on the other Disney cruise we did and really enjoyed it! I would def be interested if it was a small group...or a large broken up!

It would definitely need to be a small group for me too, for the sake of my budget!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #42
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPrincess View Post

You find out on the DIS of course! There are 4 verandah rooms which are not really "secret". They are sold as cat 7As, Navigator Verandahs. The true Navigators are enclosed with a large round opening on the Magic and an oval opening on the Wonder. The "secret" is there are 4 that are true verandahs but they have an obstruction. They are numbers 6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620. They are a really good deal because you are essentially getting a Cat 5 for a Cat 7 price.

The "secret" porthole rooms are more of a secret. They are sold as inside rooms but they have a porthole with a obstructed view. Not sure what Cat they are, 10 something.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 03-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #43
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The "secret porthole" rooms are 5020, 5520, 5022, 5024, 5522 and 5524. The "secret verandah" rooms are 6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620. Hope this helps!

It would definitely need to be a small group for me too, for the sake of my budget!
You beat me to it!! What Cat are the secret porthole rooms?

My plan for FEs is to wait until about 6-8 weeks before we sail and I will look at the group. If we have a lot of people we will break it up in to smaller groups. If anyone wants to be in all the groups they can be if they are willing to bring enough gifts for everyone. I posted the link to the spreadsheet here and on FB. Anyone who wants to participate just plug in your info. I will also make out deck plans with all the rooms of participants highlighted and get them out just before we cruise.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #44
Gina

Quote:
I think it's 10A?

Quote:
My plan for FEs is to wait until about 6-8 weeks before we sail and I will look at the group. If we have a lot of people we will break it up in to smaller groups. If anyone wants to be in all the groups they can be if they are willing to bring enough gifts for everyone. I posted the link to the spreadsheet here and on FB. Anyone who wants to participate just plug in your info. I will also make out deck plans with all the rooms of participants highlighted and get them out just before we cruise.

Got our info added! Thanks again for setting up the spreadsheet!

-gina-

Old 03-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #45
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!! I've written our TA and asked what the price difference would be. Would be sooo nice to at least have a window. We cruised on Carnival a couple years ago also, and had a balcony...that was amazing. But I think that'll be too expensive on Disney no matter what!! Lol

Oh good!! Glad I'm not the only one! I don't think I'd have the time to do a ton, either. I should start thinking about what to put together now!! I cannot remember at all what I did the last time!

Quote:
You find out on the DIS of course! There are 4 verandah rooms which are not really "secret". They are sold as cat 7As, Navigator Verandahs. The true Navigators are enclosed with a large round opening on the Magic and an oval opening on the Wonder. The "secret" is there are 4 that are true verandahs but they have an obstruction. They are numbers 6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620. They are a really good deal because you are essentially getting a Cat 5 for a Cat 7 price.

The "secret" porthole rooms are more of a secret. They are sold as inside rooms but they have a porthole with a obstructed view. Not sure what Cat they are, 10 something.
Lol, too true!! Oooh, I've heard people talking about them for years but never really paid any attention! Very cool!!!

Quote:

Sounds good to me! I'll sign up, then! Thanks for undertaking that!!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: