Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Crazy enough, we're not HUGE Disney fans, lol! This started because me James was sick, and got a Make-A-Wish....he had seen this village called Give Kids the World. You get 1 chance at a MAW trip, that's it. On his trip, he was pretty sick, then my DH, and 2 of my DS's got the NoroVirus, so we ended up only getting to do one and a half days of WDW, and one day at Universal. The next year, James was doing a bit better and Disney had this free dining promo. Plus we still had the ticket to Universal that was good, and we just decided to go back and do all the things we didn't get to do on his wish trip. We were seriously considering the RCL cruise for Jan 2013, when DCL sent me a pin code for 25% off Jan 2012...and then gave us KSF, and we used the PIN for my inlaws, it was too good of a deal to pass up!! Of course we all had so much fun, so we went ahead and booked another one. But seriously, we don't realy care so much that it's "Disney", we just felt like we were treated like royalty, and had so much fun, we wanted to do it again. My only concern is my almost 17 yr old son was already outgrowing the teen club, so is he going to really have nothing to do next year? He would LOVE the inline skating, rock climbing, etc....but this is the last vacay (with us) until he finishes college. Great, now I want to go price out the RCL!
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 02-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I think we may be joining you! A few days ago my Dh came home and told me that he saw one of the Disney ships would be making Galveston home...and we are PCSing to Houston this summer! We've been on one Disney cruise prior and loved it! So anyways, I hopped on to check prices and saw that this one was a better deal that the surrounding 6 & 8 nights! And it sails on what will be our sons 1st birthday! Excited!!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPrincess View Post
Hello all! I think we may be joining you! A few days ago my Dh came home and told me that he saw one of the Disney ships would be making Galveston home...and we are PCSing to Houston this summer! We've been on one Disney cruise prior and loved it! So anyways, I hopped on to check prices and saw that this one was a better deal that the surrounding 6 & 8 nights! And it sails on what will be our sons 1st birthday! Excited!!

Hi Lexi! What's PCS'ing? You would have some great Kodak moments with your son's birthday onboard... They make a big deal out of it. Wow, I guess that means you just had him?? Congrats!!! Hope you decide to sail with us!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Hi Lexi! What's PCS'ing? You would have some great Kodak moments with your son's birthday onboard... They make a big deal out of it. Wow, I guess that means you just had him?? Congrats!!! Hope you decide to sail with us!

-gina-
Hi! PCS is Permanent Change of Station. My husband is in the Army and it's time for us to move again!

And yep, I had him on the 1st! Looks like tomorrow I'll be calling to book! I think I'll book with Dreams Unlimited because the price is the same but we will get 100$ OBC from them plus the 25$ that Disney offers. Any reason I shouldn't book with them? I can't remember what I did last time!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Gina

Quote:
Hi! PCS is Permanent Change of Station. My husband is in the Army and it's time for us to move again!

And yep, I had him on the 1st! Looks like tomorrow I'll be calling to book! I think I'll book with Dreams Unlimited because the price is the same but we will get 100$ OBC from them plus the 25$ that Disney offers. Any reason I shouldn't book with them? I can't remember what I did last time!

Ahh, gotcha!

I've heard mostly good things about DU, and $100 is nothing to sneeze at... I just can't book with a TA. I'm a self-admitted "control enthusiast" when it comes to my vacation planning, and it makes me NUTS to have to sit and wait and wait for some TA to make a change I could make myself in minutes -- especially when it's a time-sensitive change. But that's just me!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Ahh, gotcha!

I've heard mostly good things about DU, and $100 is nothing to sneeze at... I just can't book with a TA. I'm a self-admitted "control enthusiast" when it comes to my vacation planning, and it makes me NUTS to have to sit and wait and wait for some TA to make a change I could make myself in minutes -- especially when it's a time-sensitive change. But that's just me!
LOL, I know exactly what you mean! I'd rather be able to just do it myself...but Dh likes that we'll get 125$ "back" for use on the ship. That'll buy me a few DotD!!

So exciting! At first Dh was saying "We don't need to do Any excursions" because he doesn't want to leave the baby in the nursery. But then yesterday he changed his tune to "Well...maybe if they have some bus tours". Lol. Good deal! I won't mind spending the day at one of the ports on the beach and then doing a bus tour or two and we can just walk around Key West!

We invited my mom and baby sister to come, but my sister will be in school so mom doesn't think they can. And we invited a couple friends but doubt they'll come either. I'm 100% ok with that...Dh and I have NEVER been on a real vacation without other people and we've been together for 9 years!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We're booked!! So excited!!! I had a bit of anxiety before doing so...even though I know we can afford it...and even though I know we got a good deal...still!! LOL But now I'm just excited! I get to plan a New England trip in October since one of my cousins is getting married and I get to plan this trip!!! SO SO EXCITED!!!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #23
Gina

Quote:
We're booked!! So excited!!! I had a bit of anxiety before doing so...even though I know we can afford it...and even though I know we got a good deal...still!! LOL But now I'm just excited! I get to plan a New England trip in October since one of my cousins is getting married and I get to plan this trip!!! SO SO EXCITED!!!

Yay!! Welcome officially to the party!!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #24
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would share a few ideas.

I've decided we are going to participate in the FE. I would be more than happy to be the contact person/organizer. On my last cruise the FE organizer made a Google document with the name, email, stateroom and any special occasions for everyone participating. She also mad a map using the floor plan on DCL's website with all the participating rooms highlighted. I can start the document now and make the maps when we finalize everything. Depending on how many people we get we can split in to groups.

We ca put a roll call in one of the first posts. Just basic info, first names, age, how many cruises we have been on.

We can make a facebook group. I though it would be fun to share all of our photos from past cruises and then photos once we get back.

Does anyone have any ideas for a group name?

If anyone has a fun idea of a group activity on board please share. I'm sure we will all meet up on the first day but maybe we could meet up at some of the programs?

We could also organize a meet right before the cruise for the people that are in town. Just something small like a Starbucks or something the night before.

Is this anyone's first cruise? This is only my second and we've not been to these ports. Please post any questions about the ports, The Magic or general cruise questions and we can help each other out.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
Sarasein
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
We are excited about Galveston too. This last trip we spent two days before the trip in Long Beach and had sooo much fun just playing on the beach. I'd like to find someplace very close to the beach to stay the day before, if possible.
Anyway, that's us! OH!! We did FE's this trip and LOVED it, I'm game again!!
HI, I am on the 8 day before yours, but was looking. My Brother and SIL live in Galveston. We have stayed at these condos many times http://www.galveston.com/seascape/ . Now, they are on the coast away from the port. But they are on the coast. There is a seawall in Gal, so check carefully in to that. There are also http://www.moodygardens.org/ . Galveston is a small island. You might also look at a house rental.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #26
mommy2jarod
Earning My Ears

This is our first cruise! I want to do the FE exchange We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and my mom and sister are also coming. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions.

Monica, Bill, Jarod 11, Mason 8, Jax 3

Last edited by mommy2jarod; 03-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jarod View Post
This is our first cruise! I want to do the FE exchange We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and my mom and sister are also coming. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions.

Monica, Bill, Jarod 11, Mason 8, Jax 3
HI!
Welcome Aboard! We just had our first cruise in February and rebooked onboard for this one. You guys are going to have so much fun! Is your son Jarod going to be 11 at the time of the cruise? My son Elijah just turned 12.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

We just upgraded our room! My DH just asked about what room we had and how much it would be to switch to a 7A like we had last time. We took a look at it and he said he would use his tax return to pay the difference. The best part is I was able to get one of the "secret" obstructed view rooms!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #29
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
We just upgraded our room! My DH just asked about what room we had and how much it would be to switch to a 7A like we had last time. We took a look at it and he said he would use his tax return to pay the difference. The best part is I was able to get one of the "secret" obstructed view rooms!
gotta love husbands who support our addiction!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #30
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Ooohhhhh......your lucky!! An upgrade I am thinking of maybe upgrading once getting to port (like, 11 months from now)

First off, I would LOVE to meet up before the cruise!! If you were thinking the night before, that would pretty much work for me Im coming in the day before the cruise to check out Texas. I have never been and would love to see the place. And to meet sometime maybe the day/night before would be great

Second, I would love to participate in the FE!! I don't know a TON about it but Im thinking I have some time to figure it out and get myself organized But you can put me on that list.

AND, I would love to have a facebook page. I have no Disney cruise pics to add but would love to look at others to get myself all excited for the cruise, although, I don't know if I can get more excited.....I just wish time would hurry it up

Jenn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: