Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #151
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

I am sooooooo upset!!! This cruise was the perfect dates, length and itinerary for my family. Trying to decide whether to switch to the 6 night Feb 23 (Grand Cayman, Cozumel) or the 8 night Feb 15 (Key West, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral). I prefer the extra nights on the 8 night but I prefer the ports on the 6 night.

Any opinions on what I should do???
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #152
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

WELL... what a day!!! I don't think any of us saw these changes coming. I don't say this to belittle anyone's unhappiness over the changes at all, because I can see why some people would be less than thrilled with the changes, but my son and I are some exponent of excited over this.

I had my TA switch us to the 2/15 sailing. That is the one I had originally wanted anyway -- closer to my son's birthday, and he wouldn't have to miss a big band competition, but it was $500 more. The prices had dropped some so now it's only $400 more, and then we get the $250 OBC on top of that. AND WE GET TO GO TO BOTH CASTAWAY CAY AND WDW!!! I called my son to tell him, and he couldn't believe it... He's as excited as I am. :-)

I hate that our little group here has to be broken up, though. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you! If anyone else is switching to the sailing on the 15th, let me know!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #153
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
WELL... what a day!!! I don't think any of us saw these changes coming. I don't say this to belittle anyone's unhappiness over the changes at all, because I can see why some people would be less than thrilled with the changes, but my son and I are some exponent of excited over this.

I had my TA switch us to the 2/15 sailing. That is the one I had originally wanted anyway -- closer to my son's birthday, and he wouldn't have to miss a big band competition, but it was $500 more. The prices had dropped some so now it's only $400 more, and then we get the $250 OBC on top of that. AND WE GET TO GO TO BOTH CASTAWAY CAY AND WDW!!! I called my son to tell him, and he couldn't believe it... He's as excited as I am. :-)

I hate that our little group here has to be broken up, though. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you! If anyone else is switching to the sailing on the 15th, let me know!
Gina, maybe I should follow your lead and try to be excited about the Feb 15 8 night intinerary.......of course CC would be fabulous, but Key West doesn't hold much appeal to us (daughters will be 3,6, & 8 at sailing) - might just stay on ship - and we were just at WDW less than a year ago so I was hoping to show my girls some neat stuff they have never seen before at the western caribbean ports. However, 2 extra nights would be great (we will be in 1 bedroom suite) so maybe I should just make the best of it? Also considering switching to the 6 night Feb 23 to Grand Cayman & Cozumel, which would save us some $$$.....I am so confused as to what to do!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #154
onescrappymom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
So, now that our cruises are being changed.....what is everyone thinking?

I have changed my date to the January 18th date. Im flexible with work so I know I won't have a problem with my vacation time.

Wondering if anyone else might end up on that cruise with me

Jenn
We are changing to 1/18 too. The other dates were just too much of a price increase and I don't want to give up my veranda! Besides, it's a great itinerary for the kids so overall we are excited! Good luck to everyone to find something that works for you.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #155
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I'm now less sad about us changing to the November cruise with the military discount. CC is just a beach to us and as much as we love WDW, we are DVC members and the cruise is a break from WDW for us. If we cant do the Nov 3 cruise we are going on a different cruise line or a land based vacation somewhere NOT Disney! We really want to go somewhere new...
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #156
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3

Gina, maybe I should follow your lead and try to be excited about the Feb 15 8 night intinerary.......of course CC would be fabulous, but Key West doesn't hold much appeal to us (daughters will be 3,6, & 8 at sailing) - might just stay on ship - and we were just at WDW less than a year ago so I was hoping to show my girls some neat stuff they have never seen before at the western caribbean ports. However, 2 extra nights would be great (we will be in 1 bedroom suite) so maybe I should just make the best of it? Also considering switching to the 6 night Feb 23 to Grand Cayman & Cozumel, which would save us some $$$.....I am so confused as to what to do!!!
Oh, Key West has zero appeal to me as well... We got off the ship there once for a bit, and that was enough. But I adore sea days - there can't be enough of 'em to me! :-)

Everyone is so different, though, and I totally get how important the ports are to a whole lot of folks. For me, the ship and being at sea are what matters. Throw in a day at paradise and a day at our favorite place in the world, and that's pretty perfect. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile

Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #157
CODisney
Earning My Ears

OMG I am so upset about the changes. I dont want to make my trip shorter, I want to go to Mexico, but I also dont want to spend up to 2 1/2 -3 hours on a chartered bus on vacation to go to a park that I have been to many times. We booked a Cruise to do something different. I mean dont get me wrong... I would love to go to castaway cay but its not what I was already looking forward to. Everything was so perfect about our trip....until now.

THIS IS SOOOOO CONFUSING!

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

DH: WDW May 2007
ME: Disneyland 3 times, WDW Cast Member 2007
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #158
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yeah, I know, I was just curious as to what town, is all. No big.

No thats fine... People dont ever know our town bc its small but we are from Bay City. Right off Matagorda Bay.

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #159
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODisney

No thats fine... People dont ever know our town bc its small but we are from Bay City. Right off Matagorda Bay.
I actually spent almost every weekend in Sargent where we had a family house, and even lived there as an adult for a while. Used to do my grocery shopping in Bay City when I didn't feel like going all the way to Lake Jackson. :-)

Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #160
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I actually spent almost every weekend in Sargent where we had a family house, and even lived there as an adult for a while. Used to do my grocery shopping in Bay City when I didn't feel like going all the way to Lake Jackson. :-)

LOL What are the odds! We like to go to Sargent to go eat alot. It really is a small world.

Do 'ya'll' know which dates your chaning to??

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #161
CODisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
I am sooooooo upset!!! This cruise was the perfect dates, length and itinerary for my family. Trying to decide whether to switch to the 6 night Feb 23 (Grand Cayman, Cozumel) or the 8 night Feb 15 (Key West, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral). I prefer the extra nights on the 8 night but I prefer the ports on the 6 night.

Any opinions on what I should do???

We ended up choosing the Feb 23. I think we made a good choice. We are just going to spend a couple of nights in Galveston to make it a little longer of a vacation..... Plus that extra we needed to finish paying was taken care of and still an onboard credit. I just couldnt give up going to Mexico like I had hoped for. If we had kids the other might have been more appealing.

DCL Wonder Dec 2015

DCL Magic Feb 2013
WDW Honeymoon Dec 2008

Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #162
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

We are most likely changing to RCL. We can do 10 nights in the Carib for about 1/2 what they wanted with other dates. We are both REALLY upset, and $250 obc, which wouldn't even cover the extra cost of the other 8 nt cruises, well I'm not impressed.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 08-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #163
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
We are most likely changing to RCL. We can do 10 nights in the Carib for about 1/2 what they wanted with other dates. We are both REALLY upset, and $250 obc, which wouldn't even cover the extra cost of the other 8 nt cruises, well I'm not impressed.
Where would it be out of? Galveston still?

If the military discount is not still available for November by the time Chris gets his leave approved we are going to cancel all together. I have a few ideas what we are going to do instead but I am trying not to think about it until we know if Chris has the leave or not.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #164
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Well, we have officially switched to the Jan 18 sailing. I am not thrilled about my kids missing more school or the new itinerary, but what can you do? I guess we still get to go on a Disney cruise, right? I'm trying to see the glass as half full, but it is hard.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #165
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Where would it be out of? Galveston still?

If the military discount is not still available for November by the time Chris gets his leave approved we are going to cancel all together. I have a few ideas what we are going to do instead but I am trying not to think about it until we know if Chris has the leave or not.
Yes, RCL some some great Military rates, about $2100 for four pp for 10 days, out of Galveston
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: