Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #136
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

If the Military discount continues into December we're jumping ship too, literally! LOL
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
Old 08-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #137
Awaken
Earning My Ears

We just booked and very excited

Our first Disney crusie... We picked the Magic, because we live Austin and we have an odd break in the school year during that time, so a great time to take our 8 year old son on his first cruise.
Pam
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #138
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Our first Disney crusie... We picked the Magic, because we live Austin and we have an odd break in the school year during that time, so a great time to take our 8 year old son on his first cruise.
Pam

What a perfect age for his first Disney cruise! My son was sooooo happy when he turned 8, and could go to the Oceaneer's Lab instead of the Club. He had SO much fun in the Lab -- he honestly would have been perfectly happy if I dropped him off in there on embarkation day and picked him up a week later, LOL. He just really had so much fun in there.

Would you like me to add you to our roll call on the first page? Just let me know what info to put if you do!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Old 08-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #139
Awaken
Earning My Ears

"Pam & Richard with Michael (8), First Disney cruise!!"

Since we're new to dcl and this message board...be prepared for some simple questions...
Old 08-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #140
Awaken
Earning My Ears

Gina yes please add my last post to roll call...
Question do you think this cruise will be crowed and are there lines to get into shows or resturants, lounges, pools, etc
Old 08-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #141
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Gina yes please add my last post to roll call...
Question do you think this cruise will be crowed and are there lines to get into shows or resturants, lounges, pools, etc
Added!

As far as crowds, that's why we like going in February... There will always be kids, even then, but *nothing* like summer or holidays. I don't ever remember any big lines, except for the scheduled character meets, and even those moved pretty quickly. The pools get crazy crowded on sea days, as on any cruise line, but just like with WDW you just zig when people zag. Go early in the morning, go during first dinner seating, stay onboard during a port day or get back to the ship early and the pools will always be less crowded.

For shows, just like anywhere, get there a bit early and you'll be fine. Dinner has never been a problem. Topsiders can get crowded on sea days and during lunch, but nothing crazy.

It's a GREAT time to cruise... The weather is usually just right -- plenty warm to swim and such but not too hot -- and nothing ever feels really overcrowded. Plus, the Magic is laid out really well. It's big but not crazy big like some of the newer ships floating around out there, and while you never feel elbow-to-elbow anywhere (except maybe the pool deck for the parties, but we go a deck above!) it's still small enough that you keep running into new friends and that's pretty cool.

Please, ask all the questions you like! We all love DCL here, and we love to talk about it.

Are y'all going to be a part of the FE gift exchange?

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #142
Awaken
Earning My Ears

I'm still thinking about the FE... I had to google it to find out what it was .

What would you say a first timer must do or experince on a Disney Crusie?

Is everything first come first serve and if you don't sign up quickly ... are you just out of luck?

So many questions and so much time ....
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #143
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still thinking about the FE... I had to google it to find out what it was .

If you have kids I would say the FE is a MUST. You can buy a FE on Ebay or Etsy for about $30-40 dollars. I made mine and I'm not very crafty. I spent about $10. If you google FE images you will find a ton of ideas for very cheap and creative FE's. As for your FE gift, search here for FE's and you will get a bunch of ideas. My kids loved coming back to the room at night and finding their little treasures....even DH and I got excited, and my dad who is 67 had so much fun he has been planning for months.

What would you say a first timer must do or experince on a Disney Crusie?
Do the nightly shows, we LOVED LOVED LOVED them! Dreams, Golden Mickeys, Toy Story...they were all wonderfull. We did Palo brunch, it was ok, hoping Palo dinner is better

Is everything first come first serve and if you don't sign up quickly ... are you just out of luck?
Hmm, not sure I understand the "everything" you mean. The Tea With ALice you have to sign up for as soon as you board the ship. We were 1st boarding, got on the ship about 11:30am and went straight to guest services and the tickets were all gone Otherwise I can't think of anything you need to sign up for. OH! Palo brunch or dinner, do it as soon as you are paid in full...those fill up and then you are SOL. Also some excursions fill fast, but even Palo and excursions can sometimes be secured when you board.

So many questions and so much time ....
Ask away!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #144
Awaken
Earning My Ears

Yes i was asking about the excursions, tea, palo, etc. I thought you could sign up on line for most activities and avoid the rush when you get on board.

Count us in for the FE... Do you put gifts in the FE everynight for those who are partipating?

Can you explain the pillow signing .... Do we bring our own pillow or purchase the Disney one with the sharpies?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #145
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes i was asking about the excursions, tea, palo, etc. I thought you could sign up on line for most activities and avoid the rush when you get on board.
first time cruisers can sign up at the 75day mark, online for Palo brunch or dinner. Tea has been canceld . You can also register your kids into the clubs, book excursions, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can book spa appts too.

Count us in for the FE... Do you put gifts in the FE everynight for those who are partipating?
You will hang your FE on the little fish by your door (hence the name "Fish Extender". We will get a copy of everyone who is participating in the FE, and get assigned a day when we drop off our goodies to the other cabins. So you will only deliver your FE gifts once, but to everyone's FE's. Make sense? If there are 16 cabins participating, we could do a morning and night delivery. On our last cruise we kept it informal and just gave out the list, and let people deliver whenever they wanted to. Sometimes we would come back and have so much stuff the steward had brought it inside.
Can you explain the pillow signing .... Do we bring our own pillow or purchase the Disney one with the sharpies?

You supply the pillow case and sharpies, it can be whatever you want! I have heard it's better with LOTS of colors.
Have not done this yet, but we will next time
Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #146
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Pam
Pam, what part of Austin do you live in? We are in Leander ISD and have the February break as well. My girls will still have to miss 3 days of school but I figure that is not as bad as 6!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #147
Awaken
Earning My Ears

We are in Steiner Ranch... We were new to the school district last year and we found that a lot of people take vacations during this time and the teachers seem to accommodate this by less homework since the class sizes shrinks. So we said we'ed go for it this year while he is in elementary.... Actually it was more me wanted to go for it.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #148
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are in Steiner Ranch... We were new to the school district last year and we found that a lot of people take vacations during this time and the teachers seem to accommodate this by less homework since the class sizes shrinks. So we said we'ed go for it this year while he is in elementary.... Actually it was more me wanted to go for it.
I know, there were 2 kids in my daughter's class last year that went on a cruise during the february break so that is where I got the idea! I bet there will be plenty doing the same thing this year. My oldest 2 are only in 2nd & kinder so I am not worried about missing 3 days of school. BTW, we live in Round Rock but are in LISD.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #149
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

So, now that our cruises are being changed.....what is everyone thinking?

I have changed my date to the January 18th date. Im flexible with work so I know I won't have a problem with my vacation time.

Wondering if anyone else might end up on that cruise with me

Jenn
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #150
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Have ya'll seen that our cruise has been changed??? 4 nights with only one stop - Cozumel. Not happy. The dates and price were perfect for this one. I'd like to just get my deposit back but I'm not sure I'll be able to. We booked with Dreams Unlimited.

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: