Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #121
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCastaway View Post
We booked the Hilton Diagonal Mar. Great rates are available directly through Hilton's website if you click on show all rates, they have a "Great Getaway" rate that is 40% off the standard rack rate. We paid 249 EUROS or $318 US, including taxes, for a Junior Suite, that can accommodate 4. Regular rate is 416 EUROS. This room also gives you access to their Executive Lounge, which includes breakfast, all day drinks and evening tapas. You do have to prepay in full and it is nonrefundable. I'm not sure how long this promotion is running.
On their web site, it says the Junior Suite only accomodates 2 adults, did they make an exception for children?:
Spoil yourself in this spacious 46m²/495sq.ft suite with living room, working area and city or sea views. The bright and airy suite has 1 king bed. Work in comfort at the desk with ergonomic chair, relax in the easy chair to watch on-demand movies on the LCD TV. Special touches include fluffy bathrobe. Maximum occupancy 2 adults. This suite provides Executive Lounge access with free breakfast and refreshments.
__________________
Disney Fantasy 7/2014 Eastern
Disney Wonder 7/2011 Alaska, 7/2012 Alaska
Disney Magic 4/2000, 5/2002 Western, 6/2004 Eastern, 7/2005 Mex Riv, 6/2006 Western, 6/2007 Med, 8/2009 Eastern, 7/2010 Baltics, 7/2013 Med, 12/2014 Western
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #122
Dsmurf16
Earning My Ears
 
Dsmurf16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 68

Hello there! My family did the Med cruise in 2011, best cruise ever!!! If you can spend the money the Hotel Arts Barcelona is the best by far to stay at!!! Do NOT stay at the Renissance by the air port!! Location is convient but there are no resturants with in walking area. We also used a company called Vitor for all of our tranportation to and from the port they book using the US dollar! If you would like to know more about the do's and dont's in Barcelona feel free to PM me and i can give you some pointers!! Hope you have a great time I know it was a trip of a life time for me!!
__________________
Danielle Fred Ginger
Dsmurf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #123
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmurf16
We also used a company called Vitor for all of our tranportation to and from the port they book using the US dollar!
I just checked Viator. The price was comparable to Disney's transport. Did you get a better deal? Or is there a reason you preferred to use them? I price checked private transport.

Thanks.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #124
wvuflu
Earning My Ears
 
wvuflu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 21

Gave up on hotel room for 4

I finally gave up on a hotel room for 4 for our pre-cruise, and just booked 2 rooms at the Renaissance in downtown. Not the ideal situation, but we just blew some serious Marriott points that we thought could help us for both before and after the cruise. Looks like DH needs a few more stays in a Marriott to cover the post-cruise stay.

Does anyone know how close the HOHO bus is from the hotel?
Thanks!!!
Lisa
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #125
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu View Post
I finally gave up on a hotel room for 4 for our pre-cruise, and just booked 2 rooms at the Renaissance in downtown. Not the ideal situation, but we just blew some serious Marriott points that we thought could help us for both before and after the cruise. Looks like DH needs a few more stays in a Marriott to cover the post-cruise stay.

Does anyone know how close the HOHO bus is from the hotel?
Thanks!!!
Lisa
We are also staying at the Renaissance Barcelona downtown - it is just a block off the main street where there are HOHO stops.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #126
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict
 
MissMet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,913

We stayed at Hotel Regina for our pre-WBTA cruise in 2010. Their rooms are large & accommodate many. Our room had two full beds & then an additional single bed in it's own little "cubby" with a privacy curtain. Very large for european standards. Much more inexpensive than getting two rooms. A block from Las Ramblas.

http://www.reginahotel.com
__________________


Last edited by MissMet; 10-01-2012 at 08:18 PM.
MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #127
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,212

Thanks for all of this great information!
__________________
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #128
nicis
Cdn Disney Traveller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy View Post
It use to be called the AC Diplomatic...we stayed last May 2 adult/1 child and liked it....not near airport.
I concur, I have stayed at the AC Diplomatic twice and it was amazing! Free minibar in the past but now thats its a Marriott I guess that'll be over Coffee shop across the street is excellent, cafe con lache
nicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #129
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran
 
heatherbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,298

I have just spent two months researching hotels for my DH's 50th birthday, so I have read loads of trippies.

This one looks lovely, if you look at the photo's on trip advisor, albeit outside of my budget.
http://www.colonhotelbarcelona.com/ so I didn't book it. Also it has no pool.

I can recommend this one as I have stayed here, but it is expensive. http://www.hoteles-catalonia.com/en/...blas/index.jsp. There may be other hotels in the goup that are cheaper.

This one is in a great place, but again I haven't stayed here. I thought it was expensive when adding kids to the room they wanted an additional ¬40 you are paying for location. http://www.b-hotel.com/default-en.html

I also seriously considered this one http://www.hotelicariabarcelona.com/ which came with breakfast and I very nearly booked it.

In the end I went with this one http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-5560...ty/index.shtml. s loads of people on my last cruise stayed here. For around $160 per night, we got breakfast for three of us in a room. Plus I got cash back through quidco, don't know if you have quidco in the US. I paid the non-cancellation rate to secure that rate. It has an underground station next door to it, plus a shopping centre with a food court and rooms can accommodate more than 2. Don't forget to sign up for the hotel's loyalty programme whichever one you choose, as a cheaper special offer may come along.

Both the Iciria and Novotel, are outside the main city centre. You can get a t10 card for the metro for sound ¬9 which you can share between your group by passing the ticket back through the turnstile, for each person to swipe. It's perfectly legit.
__________________
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #130
misslissa
DIS Veteran
 
misslissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklin, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,957

Stayed at Hotel Colon in October 2010 and had a wonderful time. The location was amazing, walking distance to Las Ramblas and we used only public transport to get around. Highly recommended!
__________________
December 2004 - First Trip to Disney! - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2005 - Old Key West
September 2006 - DISNEYMOON at Coronado Springs Resort
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #131
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,806

I just booked the Hispanos 7 Suiza 2BR/2BA apartment for 4 for 230 Euros per night. This was the prepaid/non-refundable rate. My parents got a 1BR that sleeps 2 for 190E/night. It gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.com and there's a metro station & HOHO stop nearby. Our flight is Wed night for a Sat embarkation. They have a washer/dryer in each apartment so I won't have to bring a whole bag of dirty laundry onto the ship.

I can't wait!

They offer transfers too:

For 6 people (4 adults, 2 teens) they're asking 75E from airport to hotel.
Then to get to port it's 55E.

Is this a fair price?

I think we'll just take DCL transfers back to BCN. We have an early flight home and I don't want to have to stress about looking for our driver.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #132
Tired mom of 3 boys
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Leonardtown, MD
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2
I just booked the Hispanos 7 Suiza 2BR/2BA apartment for 4 for 230 Euros per night. This was the prepaid/non-refundable rate. My parents got a 1BR that sleeps 2 for 190E/night. It gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.com and there's a metro station & HOHO stop nearby. Our flight is Wed night for a Sat embarkation. They have a washer/dryer in each apartment so I won't have to bring a whole bag of dirty laundry onto the ship.

I can't wait!

They offer transfers too:

For 6 people (4 adults, 2 teens) they're asking 75E from airport to hotel.
Then to get to port it's 55E.

Is this a fair price?

I think we'll just take DCL transfers back to BCN. We have an early flight home and I don't want to have to stress about looking for our driver.
We are staying there as well for the June 15th cruise! We were quoted the same hotel transfer rate - we opted to do the transfer with Barcelona day tours - it was slightly less expensive.

Any advice on how you're planning to get to the port?
Tired mom of 3 boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #133
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired mom of 3 boys View Post
We are staying there as well for the June 15th cruise! We were quoted the same hotel transfer rate - we opted to do the transfer with Barcelona day tours - it was slightly less expensive.

Any advice on how you're planning to get to the port?
I don't know yet. We just booked this cruise in late Dec. At 10 mins before midnight on NYE, I was buying airfare.
I'd like to get some other prices to compare to the hotel's offer. They said I could add transfers later. I've heard the taxi cabs in Barcelona aren't very large and since there are 6 of us maybe that's why it's more than a typical taxi; we need an extra large one. I prefer a private service vs. a taxi.
I'll have to get some advice from my TA.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #134
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired mom of 3 boys View Post
We are staying there as well for the June 15th cruise! We were quoted the same hotel transfer rate - we opted to do the transfer with Barcelona day tours - it was slightly less expensive.

Any advice on how you're planning to get to the port?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I don't know yet. We just booked this cruise in late Dec. At 10 mins before midnight on NYE, I was buying airfare.
I'd like to get some other prices to compare to the hotel's offer. They said I could add transfers later. I've heard the taxi cabs in Barcelona aren't very large and since there are 6 of us maybe that's why it's more than a typical taxi; we need an extra large one. I prefer a private service vs. a taxi.
I'll have to get some advice from my TA.
We did the Med cruise last summer and we hooked up with other DIS'ers through our cruise meet thread that were staying at the same hotel(s) for some of our transfers - much cheaper that way. We got a larger shuttle type bus to the port that had plenty of seating and plenty of room for bags. It is true that the taxis in Barcelona are tiny. We took one from the airport to our hotel and even with just the 3 of us we couldn't fit in a regular taxi and had to get a "taxi van" to fit all of the luggage (just 1 small international size carry-on each and 1 checked bag each [well and plus a rolling garment bag that we all shared but that wasn't the make it or break it on whether or not we'd fit]. The taxi vans cost more so I think we ended up paying something like 45 euros + a tip....AND I wouldn't have tipped the guy if I'd have realized that the lazy schmuck dropped us off on the CORNER and not in front of the DOOR to the hotel. He was in such a hurry he just basically threw us out onto the curb but we didn't realize until he was GONE that we had to schlep everything another good bit of distance to find the door which was literally around the corner and half way down the block!!

Anyway, I would suggest that you see on your meet thread who else is staying at the same hotel and see if there's a way to share a shuttle to the port or something. That should cost less than the trip from the airport. We also worked out a shared transfer with another couple from our cruise even tho we were staying at 2 different hotels for our post-cruise nights. The conversion rate when we went was horrible (something like 1.51 to 1) so any euros we could save was welcome news. Anyway, the shuttle company was willing to drop them at their hotel and us at our hotel for 1 price so we just split it. Use your meet thread to find others willing to share!!
__________________
Sadly, no countdown tickers at the moment.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]


[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #135
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
We did the Med cruise last summer and we hooked up with other DIS'ers through our cruise meet thread that were staying at the same hotel(s) for some of our transfers - much cheaper that way. We got a larger shuttle type bus to the port that had plenty of seating and plenty of room for bags. It is true that the taxis in Barcelona are tiny. We took one from the airport to our hotel and even with just the 3 of us we couldn't fit in a regular taxi and had to get a "taxi van" to fit all of the luggage (just 1 small international size carry-on each and 1 checked bag each [well and plus a rolling garment bag that we all shared but that wasn't the make it or break it on whether or not we'd fit]. The taxi vans cost more so I think we ended up paying something like 45 euros + a tip....AND I wouldn't have tipped the guy if I'd have realized that the lazy schmuck dropped us off on the CORNER and not in front of the DOOR to the hotel. He was in such a hurry he just basically threw us out onto the curb but we didn't realize until he was GONE that we had to schlep everything another good bit of distance to find the door which was literally around the corner and half way down the block!!

Anyway, I would suggest that you see on your meet thread who else is staying at the same hotel and see if there's a way to share a shuttle to the port or something. That should cost less than the trip from the airport. We also worked out a shared transfer with another couple from our cruise even tho we were staying at 2 different hotels for our post-cruise nights. The conversion rate when we went was horrible (something like 1.51 to 1) so any euros we could save was welcome news. Anyway, the shuttle company was willing to drop them at their hotel and us at our hotel for 1 price so we just split it. Use your meet thread to find others willing to share!!
That's a great idea. Thanks for the tip!
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: