Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

So who is with us? I was surprised that no link had been created in the sticky at the top of this thread.

We were originally supposed to sail in June of this year, but had to change our date. This is the one we chose. Hopefully I won't have to talk to myself for long.


Cruisers:

Shmoogrrrl - Kathy, Jeff, Katie (11 at sailing) and Colby (4 at sailing)
andyhp, DW and DD9, DS11
disfan33 and DH
Joy, DH, DS 13 and DD 12
gosshaus, DH and two kids (S14 and D11 at sailing.)
mominva, DS 13, DD 11
KiwiMatt - Matthew, Hanneke, Arwen (8 on cruise date)
DisneyFamilyUK, DW, DD (14 at sailing), and DM
Garytam, DW, DD 16, DS 14.

If you are interested in the Fish Extender (FE) Exchange, please PM Karin (dizneeat) and she will add your information. You can check out the FE list here:

http://www.magicaldisneytrips.com/su...13/felistAug17




A Facebook Group has been formed for this sailing! https://www.facebook.com/groups/350458065029150/ Please feel free to join if you are sailing with us!
__________________

Last edited by shmoogrrrl; 08-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,305

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
disfan33
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 92

We just changed our dates and will be joining you! It will be me (28) and DH (25). It is our first cruise and we are very excited!
__________________
me (29) DH (26)

All-Star Sports June '10-CSR August '11-Pop Dec '11-Pop August '12-CSR '12-
Disney Wedding/Honeymoon August '13: Yacht Club/Polynesian and Disney Fantasy
AKL March '14-BCV August '14-Boardwalk Villas November '14-BLT March '15
disfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
andyhp
Making Magic for my Kids
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cardiff. UK
Posts: 24

Hi We will be sailing with you on this cruise.
There are 4 of us, myself, DW and DD9, DS11.
Were on the Magic in the Med 2010 and planned for it again out of NY this August but had to switch.
Really looking forward to getting on the Fantasy and the kids can't wait to ride the Aquaduck and explore CC.
andyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan33 View Post
We just changed our dates and will be joining you! It will be me (28) and DH (25). It is our first cruise and we are very excited!
Oh you are going to LOVE it! We've been on five (although our last one was six years ago, so we are excited to go back!) and loved them all. My husband and I did a three day as part of our honeymoon and got addicted. It is great because they really do keep kids out of the Adult only areas, so you can choose to be around kiddies, or not.

Can I add you to our first post to start a list?
__________________
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhp View Post
Hi We will be sailing with you on this cruise.
There are 4 of us, myself, DW and DD9, DS11.
Were on the Magic in the Med 2010 and planned for it again out of NY this August but had to switch.
Really looking forward to getting on the Fantasy and the kids can't wait to ride the Aquaduck and explore CC.
Hi there! Can I add you all to the first post?

How was the Med cruise? When we were going to switch our cruise, I found that the Transatlantic next May is actually $1,000 dollars cheaper than this cruise, but sadly our daughter won't be out of school until mid-June and I just can't take her out for two weeks. Not to mention, as my husband pointed out, flying back from Spain will eat that $1000 savings really quickly.
__________________
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
andyhp
Making Magic for my Kids
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cardiff. UK
Posts: 24

Hi shmoogrrrl, of course you can add us to the first post.
The Med Cruise was amazing, shame DCL are not there this year and now my wife has always wanted to do a Med Cruise Including Venice - 2013 Magic is doing that itinerary and its a 12 night, however the cost is extremely high.

Having just watched the float out of the Fantasy, we simply cannot switch as the kids have their hearts set on the Fantasy now (then again, so do we!)
We are going to look at doing a week at WDW first then relax on board - Lots of planning to do!
andyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhp View Post
Hi shmoogrrrl, of course you can add us to the first post.
The Med Cruise was amazing, shame DCL are not there this year and now my wife has always wanted to do a Med Cruise Including Venice - 2013 Magic is doing that itinerary and its a 12 night, however the cost is extremely high.

Having just watched the float out of the Fantasy, we simply cannot switch as the kids have their hearts set on the Fantasy now (then again, so do we!)
We are going to look at doing a week at WDW first then relax on board - Lots of planning to do!
Ohh...I am going to have to go find the float out. My daughter would enjoy seeing that. She is really excited about the AquaDuck. Me too, if I am being honest. On our other cruises, I've always wished that I could use the Mickey slide.

We will probably spend a day or two at Disney beforehand. We also want to visit the Kennedy Space Center while we are there.

I am actually heading to WDW in 21 days with two of my girlfriends. We are taking a Mom trip to run the Princess Half Marathon. We are only going to visit Epcot and Magic Kingdom only. I am looking forward to the trip, but boy will I be happy when the race is over.
__________________
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
andyhp
Making Magic for my Kids
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cardiff. UK
Posts: 24

I saw the vid on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVllLhio3Sg
Shows the final fitting still being completed and the float out from the covered shipyard.
andyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
M & R Goss
Earning My Ears
 
M & R Goss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 24

Smile Joining you!

On April 17 2012 I changed our DISboards ID to gosshaus

Hi!
It's been a long while since I've used DisBoards so please excuse me if my post isn't done right. Our first Disney Cruise was in Dec 2005 on Magic. We will (finally) be going on our second cruise on Aug 17 2013 - Fantasy. We booked a Cat 7a on deck 9. Joining me will be my DH and two kids (S14 and D11 at sailing.). Looking forward to all the fun planning!

Last edited by M & R Goss; 04-17-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: New Disboard ID
M & R Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
disfan33
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 92

Of course you can add us to the first post! I am looking forward to learning as much as I can before we sail. We booked a Cat 6B room; so excited to have a verandah! I am headed to WDW in mid-March, but that will have to hold me over until the cruise!
__________________
me (29) DH (26)

All-Star Sports June '10-CSR August '11-Pop Dec '11-Pop August '12-CSR '12-
Disney Wedding/Honeymoon August '13: Yacht Club/Polynesian and Disney Fantasy
AKL March '14-BCV August '14-Boardwalk Villas November '14-BLT March '15
disfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & R Goss View Post
Hi!
It's been a long while since I've used DisBoards so please excuse me if my post isn't done right. Our first Disney Cruise was in Dec 2005 on Magic. We will (finally) be going on our second cruise on Aug 17 2013 - Fantasy. We booked a Cat 7a on deck 9. Joining me will be my DH and two kids (S14 and D11 at sailing.). Looking forward to all the fun planning!
Hello! Welcome to our cruise! We've been on five cruises, but our last was in October of 2005, so it has been as long as you all! We are so looking forward to it!

Our daughter will be 11 on the cruise as well. Glad to see more kids her age!
__________________
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
mominva
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington VA
Posts: 93

Hi everyone - Thanks for starting this board! I actually booked our cruise in the fall as soon as the itineraries opened up, but I wasn't quite sure how to start a cruise meet link - I've been waiting for someone else to do it! This is our third Disney cruise. We went on the Dream in August 2011 and had a great time, so I decided to book while we were on board. One of my favorite memories of being on the Dream is when my children and I skipped the formal dinner and just hung out by the pool. My son and I went on the aquaduck several times with no line - it was a great time!

I'll be traveling with my son (age 13 at time of cruise) and daughter (age 11 at time of cruise). We're really looking forward to it and looking forward to some new ports of call.

I'm trying not to think about this trip too much yet, since it's so far away. I probably won't start thinking about it until we get past summer 2012. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 18 months!

Andrea
mominva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,947

We are going to have a lot of 11 year olds! Excellent for my daughter who hasn't been on a cruise without friends coming with us with built in friends. We are also neighbors. Well, sort of. We live in Centreville, VA.

Can I add you to the front list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mominva View Post
Hi everyone - Thanks for starting this board! I actually booked our cruise in the fall as soon as the itineraries opened up, but I wasn't quite sure how to start a cruise meet link - I've been waiting for someone else to do it! This is our third Disney cruise. We went on the Dream in August 2011 and had a great time, so I decided to book while we were on board. One of my favorite memories of being on the Dream is when my children and I skipped the formal dinner and just hung out by the pool. My son and I went on the aquaduck several times with no line - it was a great time!

I'll be traveling with my son (age 13 at time of cruise) and daughter (age 11 at time of cruise). We're really looking forward to it and looking forward to some new ports of call.

I'm trying not to think about this trip too much yet, since it's so far away. I probably won't start thinking about it until we get past summer 2012. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 18 months!

Andrea
__________________
shmoogrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
mominva
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington VA
Posts: 93

Yes, please add us to the list! And yes, I saw that we aren't too far from each other, although with traffic the way it is, it can seem like forever to get around the area. Thanks again for getting this started!
__________________
~~~~~
Andrea

mominva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: