Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
kreedham
Mouseketeer

Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic

A trivia expert on DCL says this is a must have for any Disney fan! However it's already out of print. Copies available on Amazon range from $70 used to $200 new. Just wondering why this is no longer available. I mean Disney releases, pulls, releases special editions, pulls and on and on. Wonder if it will ever become available again! Any info out there!
kreedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
fhtpdw20
DIS Veteran

That dvd is from a line called Disney Treasures. It started in 2000 under the wing of Roy E. Disney and Leonard Maltin was the series host. They would release limited number editions of 2 to 4 different types of Disney programs on double disc sets every year in December. They released all the Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy cartoons as well as all the Silly Symphonies. There was each a set for the first week of the Mickey Mouse club, the Annette, the Hardy Boys and Spin and Martin serials. The last set released in 2010 was the complete Zorro programs (they also had Davy Crockett, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh and half of Elefago Baco). I have not checked lately, but for a time if you were a D23 member you could order all the sets released over the 10 year period. Expensive, over $500. Five of the titles featured complete shows selected from the Wonderful World of Disney programs. The ones I have are the Tomorrowland, Behind the Scenes of Walt Disney Studios, Your Host Walt Disney and Disneyland USA in addition of the one you mentioned. I would love to see them release some more of that programming.
fhtpdw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
kreedham
Mouseketeer

Thaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhtpdw20 View Post
That dvd is from a line called Disney Treasures. It started in 2000 under the wing of Roy E. Disney and Leonard Maltin was the series host. They would release limited number editions of 2 to 4 different types of Disney programs on double disc sets every year in December. They released all the Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy cartoons as well as all the Silly Symphonies. There was each a set for the first week of the Mickey Mouse club, the Annette, the Hardy Boys and Spin and Martin serials. The last set released in 2010 was the complete Zorro programs (they also had Davy Crockett, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh and half of Elefago Baco). I have not checked lately, but for a time if you were a D23 member you could order all the sets released over the 10 year period. Expensive, over $500. Five of the titles featured complete shows selected from the Wonderful World of Disney programs. The ones I have are the Tomorrowland, Behind the Scenes of Walt Disney Studios, Your Host Walt Disney and Disneyland USA in addition of the one you mentioned. I would love to see them release some more of that programming.
Thanks for the info. I think the one I mentioned is the one the DCL cast member said to get, if I could. Specifically said it was the opening of Disneyland!

Thought about D23 for my wife but most of the events are in Burbank and we're in Georgia. Do they ever have their convention at Disney World...if you don't go to events is it worth the money? Thanks again!
kreedham is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: