Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #91
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

We love to make funny faces in those pics, we have the kids in on it too!! Looks like a beautiful morning at AK...wish I was there right now!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #92
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Loving your report !!! What a gorgeous day with that amazing blue sky. I just love FL weather.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #93
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

You people are cracking.me.up! I'm not sure if I've told you that. In fact, I'm not even sure that I've told you I'm following along.

I'm loving it...almost as much as I love those jalapeno cheese pretzels. Almost.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #94
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day! you guys did sooo much....and you took the red eye in! I don't think I would have made it past lunch...

I showed my DH the view of Spaceship Earth from your room...his mouth just about fell open!

You not long-winded at all! Love reading all the details....great TR!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #95
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I love that Splash frame!

Me too! Totally worth every penny because it now holds onto quite a special memory.

Everest is the BEST! I love it so much, everything about it. I've always wanted to ride in the front!!!

AHH YES! I am a bit obsessed with it. Everything about it is amazing. Even though he's broken, the yeti scares the poop out of me EVERY time we go under him. I think it's because the strobe light makes me not see him until he is so close to me that I scream every time. I'm a goob.

I know a lot of people love Devine, but for some reason I find her so creepy! Haha I dunno.

Hahaha, that IS funny! I can kind of see how she'd be creepy since you can barely tell there is a lazy hanging out amongst all of the greens, and that she doesn't speak... But I don't know, I just find her kind of fascinating! But I definitely can see how you'd think she was creepy, too.

Oooh, yay for Epcot coming up!

I totally have it written, but don't really want to overwhelm people with like another 4 chapters in one day! That and I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to formatting it and all that, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. I've found sitting down and just writing about the day in one long huge chapter, then going through and breaking it up into little chapters has been a good way to get a lot done.

It also makes me realize how many photos I took and how MUCH we did in Disney World! Oh I miss it so much, I can't wait to return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
We love to make funny faces in those pics, we have the kids in on it too!! Looks like a beautiful morning at AK...wish I was there right now!
Haha yes, another funny face-maker! I saw that you guys did on Spaceship Earth! That is our favorite attraction to make ridiculous faces on.

The whole 11 days we were there was unreal in terms of weather, except for our first day and then one other random day.. but I didn't mind a little rain to help clear out the crowds!

Can we just go back there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Loving your report !!! What a gorgeous day with that amazing blue sky. I just love FL weather.
Yay thank you!! It was so so beautiful out, I would love to be there right now.. Though I guess I can't complain because it's sunny and nearing 60 here in Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
You people are cracking.me.up! I'm not sure if I've told you that. In fact, I'm not even sure that I've told you I'm following along.

I'm loving it...almost as much as I love those jalapeno cheese pretzels. Almost.
Okay, this comment just made my day because I am glad I am making people laugh with this TR! It's okay, I totally forget what I comment on and then I just pop in and say something without any introduction. I'm sure some people have just though I was some random lady! So don't even worry about it.

And can I just say I'd sell my left arm right now for a jalapeno cheese pretzel? I'm actually flattered your love for my TR is almost at the level of such a delicious treat.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
What a fantastic day! you guys did sooo much....and you took the red eye in! I don't think I would have made it past lunch...

I showed my DH the view of Spaceship Earth from your room...his mouth just about fell open!

You not long-winded at all! Love reading all the details....great TR!
I know, it was seriously intense and we were really tired. We had a pretty early night that first night and I think got around 10 hours of sleep, which isn't too shabby! But just wait til you see the day we have planned for Sunday, Day 5. Day 1 is nothing in comparison to that day, but I'll eventually get to that point.

And that's so funny about your DH's response because I'm pretty sure that was mine, too! It was so so neat and it was totally a big part of the crazy amounts of pixie dust we had thrown at us throughout the trip.

Glad you're enjoying all of the details, responses like this make it totally worth it to spend the time typing up a trip report and going through all of our photos. So really, thank you!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #97
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ha! I love the photo! Perfect. I had a wake up call on our first morning and we were all up and I hit speaker and my family was confused for a bit. I think Stitch makes it kind of confusing as to what's going on, although I didn't think he was being attacked.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #98
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Ha! I love the photo! Perfect. I had a wake up call on our first morning and we were all up and I hit speaker and my family was confused for a bit. I think Stitch makes it kind of confusing as to what's going on, although I didn't think he was being attacked.
Haha thank you, I thought it was pretty hilarious.. It's turned what was a not-so-fun incident into something pretty memorable.

That is funny about the speaker thing! I think had it been any other morning I would've totally figured out what was going on in that wake-up call, but this morning we were still catching up on sleep and I was SO out of it, I initially thought Mickey was being attacked by like, the Evil Queen or something.

That and it was so loud in my ear I could barely understand anything. When I finally did figure it out, I laughed so hard at myself. I'm such a dork!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #99
okw19
DIS Veteran

So yesterday at work I started reading and typing a reply for this update when I had to get up and do some things. When I came back 20 minutes later my laptop had done updates and rebooted so I lost it all. I was not a happy camper!

I am so glad you got that adorable frame! I still have one from my first ride on Splash.

The Mickey being attacked thing made me laugh out loud yesterday and this morning! That is so funny. I don't know what it sounds like since we never got to use a wake up call. (Didn't want to wake babygirl up) Your description is great though.

You guys seriously have the best t-shirts! Love them this morning as always and I'm still drooling over your iphone case.

We had GREAT luck with the buses too! Only had to wait a semi-long time 3 times over the course of the week and that was always leaving a park. Never had to wait at OKW which was awesome!

Love your pics of AK. I have a confession though. I never went through the regular queue at EE. I didn't get to see all the excellent theming everyone always raves about. We used the single rider line every time because no one was using it! We never waited more than a minute to ride! The pics you took from the front are so pretty.

Devine, woot woot!
I love the "no dancing" signs! They are the best. Glad you guys had a good safari, we did too!
Those pretzels look amazing. I need to try one ASAP so I'll just meet you in AK tomorrow, okay?

I AM SO GLAD YOU DO DORKY RIDE PICS! I made Anna do a million of these over the week and she thought I was crazy at first, but thankfully then realized that I was of course right in saying they are hilarious!

That Dale hat is so cute!
To Epcot!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #100
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
So yesterday at work I started reading and typing a reply for this update when I had to get up and do some things. When I came back 20 minutes later my laptop had done updates and rebooted so I lost it all. I was not a happy camper!

I HATE when computers do that and just think it's okay to restart and do updates without you saying okay. It infuriates me! Such a bummer, but thanks for re-commenting because I'm sure that was a bit of a pain. You're such a good DIS friend.

I am so glad you got that adorable frame! I still have one from my first ride on Splash.

Haha yes, it's really cute! I'm glad we got it, too.

The Mickey being attacked thing made me laugh out loud yesterday and this morning! That is so funny. I don't know what it sounds like since we never got to use a wake up call. (Didn't want to wake babygirl up) Your description is great though.

Okay you totally get my sense of humor, because I felt like anyone else reading that probably thought I was insane. I can't even tell you how hard I was laughing when I realized what it ACTUALLY was later in the trip. Like why did I think Mickey was being attacked and that was their wake-up call?!

You guys seriously have the best t-shirts! Love them this morning as always and I'm still drooling over your iphone case.

Haha thanks! My t-shirt collection is kind of this prized possession of mine. I just wish I could wear them more often instead of my stupid business casual clothing every day. And I love that case! It's so different than what anyone else has, and that's why I love it. You should get it, too! Then we could be the like coolest 2 people on the east coast and west coast.

We had GREAT luck with the buses too! Only had to wait a semi-long time 3 times over the course of the week and that was always leaving a park. Never had to wait at OKW which was awesome!

Yeah, I LOVED the transportation this time around! We just had such good luck I'd say like.. 97% of the time. There were only like maybe 2 times where we had to wait (one of which made me nervous), but otherwise it was awesome! I love Disney buses.

Love your pics of AK. I have a confession though. I never went through the regular queue at EE. I didn't get to see all the excellent theming everyone always raves about. We used the single rider line every time because no one was using it! We never waited more than a minute to ride! The pics you took from the front are so pretty.

EE was the only ride where we wanted to wait because we enjoy going on it together. But TT, RnRC, those we were totally fine doing single rider. That and actually, I know a few mornings we were there, the single rider line wasn't even open because it was so unnecessary. I love sitting in the front!!

Devine, woot woot!
I love the "no dancing" signs! They are the best. Glad you guys had a good safari, we did too!
Those pretzels look amazing. I need to try one ASAP so I'll just meet you in AK tomorrow, okay?

Love her, she's so pretty. And me too, they really are hilarious. We had great safaris this time! It's a nice break from the craziness in the parks. And yes, let's plan to meet up for some pretzels, STAT... Haha, okay I have to admit when I read this comment from you I got sad because we can't do that.

I AM SO GLAD YOU DO DORKY RIDE PICS! I made Anna do a million of these over the week and she thought I was crazy at first, but thankfully then realized that I was of course right in saying they are hilarious!

That Dale hat is so cute!
To Epcot!

Dorky ride pics make EVERYTHING ten times better. I know we're the only people on the ride who even think it's funny, but I don't care! And that's so funny that Anna finally got it... It's just really amusing to see them!

I loved that hat and almost bought it for my little sister since she loves Chip and Dale, but then opted for a stuffed Sully, who's her favorite.

TO EPCOT! Which I'm posting here in like 5 minutes.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #101
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Nine: "Beverly was a bad choice."
Day 2: January 19th, 2012

After a relatively quick bus ride to Epcot, we arrived and Matt decided he needed to take a photo in front of Spaceship Earth to send to his co-workers.

I'm pretty sure their response were some choice words, as they were having to deal with the snow and ice storm that was hitting Seattle. We felt kind of bad... not really.

Anyway, we made our way to Spaceship Earth, one of our favorites, as we really needed to ride it!

Can you spot the hidden Mickey?

Remember how I told you we would make stupid faces during this trip? This is one of our favorite attractions to make dumb faces on. It never gets old.

After a fun time on Spaceship Earth, we headed over to Club Cool for some soda tastin'.

The following photo sequence (with commentary of course) shows you how much I LOVE Beverly!

Hey look at that, everything is great. Life's good, I'm about to drink soda... This is the life.

Ohhh time for a sip of Beverly... Maybe this won't be that bad.

Thinking about it.. It's kind of sweet! What the heck, I thought this was supposed to taste awful.

Oh, oh no.. Oh no... Beverly was a bad choice. (Said in the voice of Ron Burgundy)

Yep, we're done here.

Aaaand never again.

I made myself feel human again by having some soda from China, which is watermelon-flavored.

Matt did not partake in the Beverly tasting, as it literally makes him gag, but he had other delicious sodas.

It was a sunny day, so it was definitely time for the sunglasses!

We headed to Mexico, though I swear I'm always temporarily blinded by the darkness.

We then hopped on Gran Fiesta Tour, something I'd never been on before, to waste some time before our ADR. It was a pretty cute ride!

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-08-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #102
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Nine: "Beverly was a bad choice." CONTINUED
Day 2: January 19th, 2012

After a fun adventure with Donald, we headed to San Angel Inn to check in early for our ADR (I think we were around an hour early), and we were seated immediately. This was a total last-minute ADR, as we had added an extra day to our dining plan upon extending our stay, so we needed to find something for this day after we'd switched Crystal Palace to the day before. We'd never been here so we thought we'd give it a shot!

We had a great seat over by the volcano, which you can kind of see behind Matt here in the dark.

Our waiter was friendly, commenting on how slow it was, and promptly brought out chips and salsa for us. The salsa had a chipotle flavor and it was delicious, but definitely had a bit of a kick!

Matt and I both ended up ordering the same thing, Sirloin con Chilaquiles. It was DELICIOUS.

We were really big fans of our lunch, and it wasn't too much of an overwhelming amount of food, which was nice. We then ended up both ordering the same dessert, the Moras con cajita (I think this is what it was?).. It was this delicious thick caramel flan type dessert with berries on top. So good but so rich, I couldn't finish all of mine.

We headed outside after a delicious lunch (so yes, we were very glad we gave San Angel Inn a shot!), and caught part of a mariachi band performing.

After stopping for a few, we made our way to Norway and can I just say how cool the stave church is? Really a neat touch for them to build in Norway!

Of course we couldn't leave Norway without a trip on Maelstrom!

And yet again, we needed to make sure we were not going to dance on our boat.

I love the little troll here.

Another hidden Mickey, yay!

Okay, this kind of disturbed me... WHY is this little boy SO excited to be gutting this fish?!

I think this guy might be one of my favorite parts of the ride, though.

After we got off of our boat, the CM of course told us about the 5 minutes video about Norway... This is the moment that this TR's title was born, as Matt responded under his breath to me, "Norway? More like No Way!" and then proceeded to walk right on past the video and out the door. It was hysterical and I literally had to make him stop outside because I couldn't breathe from laughing. What a goober!

We then took some epic photos, we are such cool Vikings, no?

After a fun stay in Norway, we continued walking around World Showcase, stopping in France for a moment to watch the show going on outside.

We stopped to take in the beautiful sight near the International Gateway..

And waved goodbye to Epcot for now...

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #103
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey, did you notice the music inside the stave church in Norway? I SWEAR it was Lord of the Rings music! My family kept telling me I was crazy, but I could hum the whole thing, I know it was LOTR!

We watched the movie! Rey wanted to.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #104
dara00
DIS Veteran

how do you know where to make the silly faces? I am so bad at being prepared for that. on rockin roller coaster it seemed like the picture was right at take off?

I can't find the hidden mickey in the spaceship earth picture!

do you find yourself checking your pins often? Mine kept falling off (but they were on my bag, not a lanyard...) and I was obsessively checking them every few steps. My kids each lost one pin too.

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #105
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Hey, did you notice the music inside the stave church in Norway? I SWEAR it was Lord of the Rings music! My family kept telling me I was crazy, but I could hum the whole thing, I know it was LOTR!

We watched the movie! Rey wanted to.

I didn't! Though you made me HAVE to look it up, and I found it on Youtube, but then it turns out that it's the old music! Now I really want to hear it and see what it sounds like.

I've never stopped to watch it.. No wait, I lied. We stopped for a few minutes during our honeymoon then strolled right on out. But Matt's comment as we were darting past the screen literally had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: