Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
bahahahah....I play the "would you have dated me if I looked (talked, laughed..etc.) like this game" ALLLLL THE TIME!

FOR YOU STARTING YOUR TR! I am personally SUPER excited to hear all about your trip!
HAHA YES! I love when I hear that other couples totally play this. I'll either like super mess up my hear, make the ugliest face possible, laugh in the most horrid way, etc. It's one of the funniest games to play!

I am super excited for it to! I just finished my next installment, which had to be broken into 2 posts because of a ridiculous amoutn of photos.. and that's just our Magical Express experience. I took so many photos, but seriously like, the whole process is special and worth talking about, so I couldn't help it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I'm glad Matt decided you needed it because you would've regretted it! I can't wait to hear about Matt's shirt, and yes I would've.

Dis BFFs
I know, I definitely would've regretted it! So glad I bought it, it's one of my favorite t-shirts ever. And yes, the story with Matt's shirt is pretty hilarious!

Again, so glad we became friends on here!

Quote:
I am SO glad you guys we able to escape the snow! I was going to be so sad if you didn't get to go so I was very happy when I logged on and saw that you had gotten the earlier flight.

Wendy's is yummy, good choice.
Ugh me too. It was the worst feeling not knowing if you'd even make it for a trip that you've been so excited for. I'm just so happy it all worked out and we made it there!

And yes, Wendy's was good. I hadn't had it in FOREVER but it was pretty darn delicious.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure every time I fly I bring magazines that I don't end up reading. It's become a real problem. That picture of the mural is really creepy. Why would they do that?
Haha, seriously, I am the worst with it! I always get one and never read it. I think we have it at home now, so maybe I'll read it now! AND THANK YOU. I was kind of terrified of that mural, I just don't understand it. Matt said it's been there for like a ton of years, soooo yeah, not sure about it, but it was weird.
Quote:
I love playing the would you have dated me game with Andy!
Little girl in a Buzz outfit?! So cute I loved that Riley was mainly obsessed with Toy Story characters and Chip and Dale while we were down there. We had a really good Belle in her blue dress at HS one day and she loved her too. Oh yeah, and she got that Rapunzel doll... I guess we had a good balance of Princesses vs. Other characters.
Hahaha, I love that everyone plays that game! It makes me happy. It's pretty much a guaranteed laugh-fest between you and your significant other.

The little girl was so darn cute. I just wanted to be friends with her. I'm glad Riley had a good mix! She is seriously SO cute. I loved how she held onto her Lady stuffed animal!

Quote:
I want to see Moneyball!

Okay sorry for all the bad grammar I probably used including run-ons and fragments. That's just how TRs go!

You should see it! It's really amazing. And puhlease, you are good. I always ramble/do run-ons around here because there's like, always a ton to talk about!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

HELLO! I thought I'd join in! Yall look like you're gonna be a lot of fun! That is AMAZING that all your plans were able to change so easily. I would have totally panicked in that situation.

And I understand the 'one and done' post on TRs... IF YOU MEAN, one post PER update! Hahah yeah, I'm one of those. Anyways, yay. Can't wait to read more!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now?
Day 1: January 18th, 2012

So continuing on, we arrived at 6:47, which was a little early, and we were so happy to be off the plane and making our way to Magical Express! Matt was so excited he was nearly running, which caused some photos to be a bit blurry between his rushing and "Come on Dani!!!"

We made our way to the mini-monorail, and I was SO excited for our ride!

It always makes me so happy, but obviously not the same since monorail man's voice is NOT featured on said monorail! But anyway, off we went!

The sun was just beginning to rise, so it was still pretty dark outside..

After getting off the monorail, we made the long walk to find Magical Express. I always get lost, but Matt knew exactly where we were headed! Thank goodness because I'm sure I would've wasted precious Disney time trying to find the right place.

Anywho, on our way I HAD to stop and take a photo of the first Disney-related thing I spotted.

We then made our way down the escalator, again with Matt nearly running to get there, just in case we had to deal with a huge line or something.

I spotted this sign at the bottom of the escalator and I think I nearly peed my pants.

We found the Magical Express desk, with zero line, and after the lady checked us in, she told us we could head over to where the buses pick us up..

What's funny about this is THERE WAS NO LINE, so while Matt just went around all of the queues, I ran up to take a photo of the line we WOULD have been in. I'm pretty sure I got a, "DANI!" comment from him, because I was totally holding us up.

Then, as we're approaching the front area... I hear something... familiar. Is that... is that... DO I HEAR "MAN OR MUPPET"?!

Yup, I sure do! Okay, talk about the BEST way to start off your trip, seriously!

Slight tangent alert: Matt and I love the Muppets (Matt's been a long-time fan though, and he really helped my love for them grow infinite amounts throughout our relationship). We saw The Muppets movie the day it came out and absolutely loved every second of it. So to hear/see "Man or Muppet" pretty much made my morning, right then and there.

Anyway, after staring at the Muppets for probably far too long, we checked in with the guy at the front, who asked us where we were headed. We told him Beach Club, and he told us to have a seat. Guys, it was SO BUSY in there. I couldn't believe the amount of people heading to Disney World that morning...

We sat and made awkward faces (because that's what we do) while we waited for our bus to arrive.

I remember sitting there thinking two things:

#1 Oh my gosh, we are actually HERE (this thought proceeded to pop into my head like 100 more times during our first few days), and

#2, I really hope our bus is an actual Magical Express bus and not the poopy mustard Mears one. Were we in luck?

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now? CONTINUED
Day 1: January 18th, 2012

YUP! And even better? We had the entire bus to ourselves! So you know that this of COURSE meant that we were going to be sitting up front, because I needed to see that beautiful sign on our way to Beach Club!

We loaded on and I was so excited. Our bus driver, whose name was I THINK Rocky, though it may have been Rocko (Rocko's Mod-ern Liiiife - Rocko's MODERN LIFE! Sorry, I had to sing it), was very friendly!

So off we went, and Rocky started talking to us, asking where we were from, etc. Turns out he used to live quite close to where I grew up, so that was pretty funny! While Rocky chatted, I tried to listen to the little video they play while taking photos and just taking in the experience.

The sunrise was beautiful, and I couldn't have been happier to be on that bus. Rocky kept talking to us (and giving us totally incorrect information, like when I mentioned we were excited to see fireworks in Hollywood Studios since they rarely do that, he tried to tell me that they do fireworks there nightly), but he was so nice and friendly that I didn't really care that he didn't know what he was talking about.

THEN, I SAW IT.

Holy cow I SAW IT IN THE DISTANCE!

I'm pretty sure I stopped talking at this point and just starting squealing like a 5 year old girl... and then proceeded to get one of my favorite photos ever!

YEAH YIPPY WOOHOO! So so excited. We were that much closer, and I made or may not have gotten a little choked up at the sight of that sign.

This sign also made me really happy...

Matt kept chatting with Rocky while I spotted the Tower of Terror... which I'm pretty sure was just taunting and laughing at me.

I'd never been on it, I am terrified of old elevators and the Twilight Zone (when I was little I would cover my ears during the theme song because it scared me so much).. So yeah. Not a fan, and I'm pretty sure it laughed at me. We'll see if I actually decide to conquer my fear on this trip and actually go on it for the FIRST TIME EVER.

Anyway, we finally made it and I spotted Beach Club. Unfortunately my shots came out blurry, but I got a few that were at least presentable..

After saying goodbye to Rocky (o?), we made our way into the Beach Club to check in and begin our adventure!

It was only around 7:30am or so... So would we have good luck and get any of our room requests? Would they actually have a room ready for us (because we were definitely going to need a nap)? Well silly duck, you'll have to wait and find out in the next post! (Yup, we're going to play that game in this TR, cliffhangers galore, DUN DUN DUN!)

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-03-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
HELLO! I thought I'd join in! Yall look like you're gonna be a lot of fun! That is AMAZING that all your plans were able to change so easily. I would have totally panicked in that situation.

And I understand the 'one and done' post on TRs... IF YOU MEAN, one post PER update! Hahah yeah, I'm one of those. Anyways, yay. Can't wait to read more!

Okay, true story. I literally caught up on your TR yesterday and went to comment on it and then... FORGOT. Like, what a dork I am. I'm so notorious for reading every last bit of someone's TR, (thinking OMG YES, I NEED TO COMMENT ON THIS!) then proceeding to just not do it.

In my defense, I'm sometimes doing this during a lull at work, and will suddenly get an e-mail or something, but GOSH, I need to get with the program and start commenting! Especially on yours because I totally get what you're saying about the whole crying thing. Hi, I cried a little when I saw the Walt Disney World welcome sign, 'nuff said.

Anyway! I think we're a pretty fun duo to follow along, so I hope we live up to that expectation! And yes, talk about being lucky that everything fell into place. It really felt like it was meant to be.

Thanks for commenting, aaaand in about 5 minutes you should expect a response in your TR since I have caught up with it!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

That's soo cool having Magical Express to yourself!
I have to admit, I did a big laugh when I saw the pic of ALL the people waiting for ME! LOL

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Please take your time commenting on mine! It's really okay. Don't feel like you have to just because I commented on here!

I'm pretty much obsessed with the new Muppet movie. LOVED IT. I swear, Man or Muppet BETTER win the Oscar for Best Original Song!

Yall were seriously the only people on your ME bus?! THAT is crazy. I mean I know it was early but you never expect to be the only one doing anything in relation to Disney!

That picture of the arches is great! The sun rising really gives it a nice glow.
I'm gonna guess that you DID ride ToT this trip! I hope you did! My sister has a fear of elevators, too, and she loves it.

BEACH CLUB. I can't even tell you how envious I am of yall right now, wow. So lucky!!!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm pretty much obsessed with the new Muppet movie. LOVED IT. I swear, Man or Muppet BETTER win the Oscar for Best Original Song!
haha that song is sooo cheesy! I loved the movie too though. and got me a stuffed walter (for my 17 mos old...or for me...)!!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #24
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

I love the muppets too so I was super excited to see it, as well as take my daughters to see it! They're 10 and 6 1/2 (and one of my oldest daughter's friends came with us, as well as another friend and her son). Well, we all LOVED the movie! My daughters and I loved it so much, we went to see it again with my mom and I downloaded the soundtrack off Itunes. My girls LOVE to listen to it in the car, especially "Man or a Muppet" and "Mahna Mahna" (which I have as my ringback tone on my cell)... So I completely understand your love of the Muppets. Used to watch it all the time as a kid.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 02-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
That's soo cool having Magical Express to yourself!
I have to admit, I did a big laugh when I saw the pic of ALL the people waiting for ME! LOL
Yeah it was so fun! But not that weird to us because LAST year when we arrived on the same exact flight around the same time, there was only one other couple on our bus with us. I can't complain about being the only ones on the bus though, it made for a fun experience with our nice driver!

And yes, SO MANY people to fight through in line.. Ugh.

Quote:
Please take your time commenting on mine! It's really okay. Don't feel like you have to just because I commented on here!

Haha, I'd already commented at this point, but I seriously did want to comment, that's the thing! I'd just totally forgotten. Definitely no pressure over here.

I KNOW. I loved it so so much. And I know, that really better win for best original song. It was so brilliant, and they truly brought it to a whole new level in having Jim Parsons be Walter's human counterpart! I LOVE Big Bang Theory and I've always thought Jim Parsons/Sheldon looks like a Muppet.

Yall were seriously the only people on your ME bus?! THAT is crazy. I mean I know it was early but you never expect to be the only one doing anything in relation to Disney!

Yeah, isn't that insane? Last time we only had one other couple on our bus, too, though, so I guess it's not that weird for us now. What WILL be weird is the time that we go and have a ton of people on it or even worse, have to wait in line.

That picture of the arches is great! The sun rising really gives it a nice glow.
I'm gonna guess that you DID ride ToT this trip! I hope you did! My sister has a fear of elevators, too, and she loves it.

I know, it really does! I was surprised I got it considering we were driving and some of my other photos came out blurry! I need to go in though and edit out the little black bits from the windshield so it looks prettier, and crop it. Don't be surprised if you come back to that photo and it's fixed (sometimes I'm a perfectionist).

BEACH CLUB. I can't even tell you how envious I am of yall right now, wow. So lucky!!!

I felt very fortunate! It was our #1 choice when we called the Disney Vacation Club and when they told us they didn't have the ability to put us there for the full-stay at first, I was bummed. But we booked BoardWalk Villas in hopes that maybe our wait list for BCV would come up. One day later, we found out we were staying at Beach club!

We are totally staying there from here on out though; the ability to walk to Epcot and take a Friendship boat to HS was just amazing. That and the resort itself is just WONDERFUL. I loved everything about it.

Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
haha that song is sooo cheesy! I loved the movie too though. and got me a stuffed walter (for my 17 mos old...or for me...)!!
The song is pretty funny and amazing all at once... I mean that's kind of how the Muppets are, and it was a kind of joke montage to those type of songs/music videos... That's why I loved it so much. AND HI, JIM PARSONS was so perfect for being human-Walter! Plus, don't we all have days where we wonder if we're a man or a Muppet?

I would love a stuffed Walter! He fit in so well with the gang; I was nervous he would be a bad addition.. but I loved him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I love the muppets too so I was super excited to see it, as well as take my daughters to see it! They're 10 and 6 1/2 (and one of my oldest daughter's friends came with us, as well as another friend and her son). Well, we all LOVED the movie! My daughters and I loved it so much, we went to see it again with my mom and I downloaded the soundtrack off Itunes. My girls LOVE to listen to it in the car, especially "Man or a Muppet" and "Mahna Mahna" (which I have as my ringback tone on my cell)... So I completely understand your love of the Muppets. Used to watch it all the time as a kid.
I am so glad you guys all loved it! It's so great for EVERYONE, and that's why the Muppets are so fantastic! The music is absolutely fantastic from it, and I constantly bust out singing "OR AM I A MUPPET (am I a Muppeeeettt?)"...

Watching A Muppet Christmas Carol is also a staple in our household around Christmas. It's gotta be my favorite version of A Christmas Carol to date. ("and Tiny Tim... who did NOT die!")
Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

I love your report so far. So entertaining! I want more already! We are staying at the BCV in September. Can't wait!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #28
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
You guys are funny with your silly faces. Yay Beach Club !!! I so want to stay there some day. Looking forward to seeing your photos.
Haha, we really are true goobers! I wasn't joking with my title. We keep each other laughing, it's a secret to our relationship being so wonderful for nearly 9 years.

And yes, you totally should stay there. It is magnificent. I'll get more into the details of our room and other fun stuff in my next update, but it was just wonderful!

I can't wait to share them. It's hard because I am SO excited about this TR but also don't want to blow through it way too fast either. However, I have another update that should be good to go tomorrow morning, so be on the lookout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
I love your report so far. So entertaining! I want more already! We are staying at the BCV in September. Can't wait!
YAY! Thanks so much for commenting! I try to keep it fun, because that's basically my motto in life.

Another update will be posted tomorrow morning! I didn't want to bombard people with another one today, since I feel like too many updates can be overwhelming, buuuut I have tomorrow's written and now just need to organize the photos for it.

Have you stayed at BCV before?! Oh my gosh, I am in LOVE. We stayed at Grand Floridian and Old Key West during our honeymoon last year and while I loved them both, Beach Club REALLY takes the cake. I've been spoiled and then some.

If you've stayed there, then you understand my love for it! If you haven't, you are in for a real treat!

Also, I grew up near Boston! (Moved out to Seattle in August of 2005).. I lived on the South Shore! Just thought I'd comment since I noticed your location.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #29
dara00
DIS Veteran

haha, just wanted to laugh at myself for popping in and commenting on the Muppets and totally missing your update! that's awesome that the Muppets was on when you got to the bus, yay!!! (said in Kermit voice, of course).

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #30
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo;4391720

[COLOR="DarkGreen"
YAY! Thanks so much for commenting! I try to keep it fun, because that's basically my motto in life.

Another update will be posted tomorrow morning! I didn't want to bombard people with another one today, since I feel like too many updates can be overwhelming, buuuut I have tomorrow's written and now just need to organize the photos for it.

Have you stayed at BCV before?! Oh my gosh, I am in LOVE. We stayed at Grand Floridian and Old Key West during our honeymoon last year and while I loved them both, Beach Club REALLY takes the cake. I've been spoiled and then some.

If you've stayed there, then you understand my love for it! If you haven't, you are in for a real treat!

Also, I grew up near Boston! (Moved out to Seattle in August of 2005).. I lived on the South Shore! Just thought I'd comment since I noticed your location.
[/COLOR]
I have never stayed at the Beach Club... I have really never stayed on site, to be honest. I am pretty sure my head may explode with excitement when we arrive. I read (in either your PTR or TR, I am not sure since I loved your TR so much I am currently immersed in your PTR) that you grew up in MA. I am north of the city. Could you have moved ANY further away?

Anyway, I look forward to your next installment. I am dying to know if you got the location you wanted. That's one thing I am not sure about in terms of BCV... whether to check in online or not. I really want 5th floor with an Epcot view, if I can see some fireworks. But you make a great point about road noise and the pool view. So I may be in need of your opinion.

Looking forward to reading more today!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: