Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #151
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG NOTE TO SELF: always go to the bathroom BEFORE THE RIDES!!!

Oh ok. Yeah that doesn't sound fun. Ewww.

Wait did you really fall asleep?? HAHAHA.

UGH people! Why would you stand up if the ride could start at any moment? Hello. If you're standing you could fall to your death... OH PEOPLE.

OMG I just said "TEST TRACK BABY!" in my head before I read that you wrote it! Hahaha.

OMG (I have said OMG a lot in this comment... my apologies) what if you got stuck in the hot or cold rooms on Test Track?? OH MY GOSH IMAGINE THE TORTURE.

I've never had school bread but everyone seems to be obsessed with it! BUT I don't like coconut! So I'm sad. Question though... if that a NEW pin next to the almond pretzel? I have this new obsession with Disney pins haha.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 02-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #152
mouseketeer70
Mouseketeer

Ok I have been loving this report quietly but that last update has brought me out of lurkdom. 50 minutes?!?!?!
Let me just also say that ToT is downright scary! Especially to someone who was actually in a real plummeting elevator. Yep, suffice it to say that anytime there is a thunderstorm I take the stairs. Still, my son conned me into riding for his birthday using "mommy guilt" and the result was not only the most hilarious picture (for everyone including the CMs, except me) but certain deafness for the woman next to me.
Now, back to this very entertaining report
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #153
My_Pal_Pluto
Proud DisDad

You had me at "Rumpus" (oh, and the beer)

So I have to admit that I JUST NOW found your TR after taking a long hiatus from the boards. I'm so sad I missed your play-by-play, but before I immerse my evening in catching up on your tale ... I had to let you know I am SO in ... can't wait to read through your TR and get to know both of you!!

I got to the bottom of post # 1 and, well ... seeing that tall cool Biergarten glass in your husband's hand ... and your quote "Let the Wild Rumpus Begin" ... that alone was enough to push me over the edge. So I've read nothing more ... but will catch up in maniacal fashion and look forward to every twist and turn!!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #154
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

I do not think I'll be able to do Tower of Terror. I feel so bad because my SO really wants me to try it, but stories like yours freak me out. I know you said it was fun (but scary)...but..
Old 02-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #155
My_Pal_Pluto
Proud DisDad

50 minutes ... holy wow

That video of the debacle on Splash made me cringe ... wow ... who knew that the bowels of hell existed within such an amazing ride (and yes, like you, it would still be among my faves). Interestingly, I was just reading in the past week about all of the issues they've been having on Splash Mtn ... animatronics are breaking down, the ride mechanics keep stopping, etc etc ... I'm waiting (any day now) to read of a long shutdown for the ride so they can resolve it.

When we were last at Disney, we experienced about a 7 minute stop on SM ... while waiting, we were actually near the beginning and I could still talk to one of the CM's. In our case, he told me the stoppage was because yet "another" person had gotten out of their log. Apparently, this can happen up to a dozen or more times a day. When it occurs, it naturally becomes a HUGE deal ... and causes everyone misery because it breaks apart their experience. FOR WALT'S SAKE PEOPLE ... STAY IN YOUR LOOOOOOGGGG!!!!

OK ... on another note ... I confess I have NEVER tried school bread ... but with the pics you've captured of that custard ooozing from the delicious pastry - it has quickly become snack priority numero uno on our Oct trip ... THANK YOU!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #156
My_Pal_Pluto
Proud DisDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]
Chapter Twelve: Uh oh, we've got a case of the grumps over here... CONTINUED
Day 3: January 20th, 2012

Once back, we got off at the Yacht Club and took advantage of the beautiful weather as we strolled back to our room, both feeling a lot calmer once we had escaped the chaos that was Magic Kingdom (and yes, if you couldn't tell, I will not go during a busy time of year, it's really not my cup of tea and I have a hard time not getting stressed out in crowds, so I'm glad Matt and I both have that in common)..

I love love LOVE that you and Matt hold the same mentality as my family ... there are (often) those times when we hit a park only to discover it is SO FULL that enjoyment is sacrificed ... so we head back to our resort, bed down (or pool down), and LOVE the reality that, "Holy CRAP ... we're on vacation in Disney World and it's BEAUTIFUL"!! I know, for some of the "commandos" on the boards, this mentality is unforgivable, but I say BRING IT ON ... my time by the pool trumps your time in line ANY day!!

OK, I LOOOOVVVEEE this pic!!!!!

Quote:
This was my plate. I got a little caesar salad, some type of baked white fish, macaroni and cheese, some pasta, and of course, crab legs.
It is my family's tradition to make the Cape May Buffet our "first night" dinner when we arrrive at WDW. We have NEVER been disappointed and, looking at your pics, I can't wait to repeat this wonderful tradition!!!

Quote:
Of course, we left room for dessert..

My plate... Top is the Oreo bon bon (that Cape May is known for), a peanut butter bar, and a cupcake.
Question: Last time we were there, they had a separate dessert station where a chef was preparing made-to-order Lava cakes with whipped cream ... any chance this is still happening?

Quote:
Overall, we loved this dinner. The buffet was excellent, the desserts were great, and our waitress was wonderful as well. Keep this in mind, as we make a return to Cape May again in our trip, but the next time isn't as magical as this dinner was...
"Ruh Roh RAGGY!!!"

Quote:
I'm guessing this was in part due to me looking at my Lines app and seeing the lines had gone down a bit
So was it worth it having the Lines app??

Quote:
As we walked on, I was given one of those red card passes as we strolled in. Am I the only one who feels all cool and important when I'm handed one of these?!
Nope, I feel like a total Dis VIP when I get one ... I even narcissistically convince myself it MUST have been something about the glean in my eye that made them choose ME to assure them their line timing was accurate

Old 02-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #157
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I cannot even imagine getting stuck in Splash Mtn for that long! But what a great way to end the evening! The school bread and the almond pretzel looked really yummy, I will definately have to try that on our next trip.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 02-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #158
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Cape May is yummy! We went there once and had a waiter who looked at our kids like they were crazy any time they spoke, though. I mean, I look at them like that quite often, but nobody else is allowed to! Still, the food was good. Now I'm reminded that I need to go back.

Wow, that really is an annoying spot you were stuck in! And so loud! Glad you made it to the bathroom in time! My family always makes fun of me for my constant restroom stops, but it is totally worth it. It's all fun and games until somebody pees their pants, folks.

Test Track, BABY! ZOOOOOOOMM!! I don't think you've gotten to that part of my TR yet, but there's a video on there of a very excited Brynn doing her Stacey impression. Stacey addicts unite!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #159
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Just getting caught up. I love your shadow photo with you two and your ears on. Also, I have been thinking about getting one the Pandora bracelets just for the sole purpose of loading it with Disney charms. We loved Cape May as well and we really enjoyed our time there. I too, want or marry the Oreo bon bons. So yummy. I would have never made it on Splash mountain that long. I have to pee too often. I know, TMI, but you mentioned farting so I figure I'm safe ... lol. Looking forward to reading more !!!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #160
dara00
DIS Veteran

when you said you were stuck in the worst possible spot I was thinking it would be on the drop! we are so lucky we didn't get stuck on anything! although I was walked off of snow white at disneyland, not sure why, we weren't even stuck all that long!

that is so cute about the little boy on test track. I am thinking my son might like it, can't wait till I get to take him on!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #161
Marssiful
Earning My Ears

I once got stuck on Pirate's at Disneyland for close to 45 minutes! I feel your pain!!!! We could not be walked off so we had to just sit and wait it out. I had the theme song stuck in my head for days. I was terrified they would turn the lights on but thankfully that didn't happen.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #162
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

We got stuck on Test Track in Oct when we rode single rider. It was HORRIBLE!! My car got stuck just as we were getting the "thermal" pic taken and DH was in the car behind us...he said they had to go around the fast part of the track so slowly and that the car was on it's side and it was VERY uncomfortable. We sat there for soooo long...I didn't time it, but I started to panic and had to talk myself down in my head because I was with a bunch of strangers and most of them spoke Spanish. Not fun. So I feel your pain! Glad you got something out of it...we had to ask to be able ride again...I sometimes feel like the Test Track CM's are lacking in the customer service area..but then they have to deal with a lot of problems because that ride seems to ALWAYS be going down.
Glad you survived the Splash Mountain Incident part two!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #163
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

That was a crazy video! My DD heard me watch in and thought I was watching someone being tortured. Which of course, I was. Good grief! You know, you think they'd come over the intercom and tell folks "if you choose to stand up, we have to start our process all over and everyone is kept in place longer. Please do not stand up."
Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #164
Luvmepluto
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."-- Walt Disney

Location: The beautiful foothills of North Carolina....564.04 miles from the happiest place on EARTH!!

Joining in! I feel your pain getting stuck on splash mountain......it happened to us last year!!! Luckily, we were outside and not inside where most of the music was........we also got FP's because of it, my sis....who lives in Fl and was visiting us receive a free ticket to come back to MK.

Also....is the electric parade not running anymore? I have not heard anything about it.
2011 Pop, 2012POR,

Old 02-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #165
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenG View Post
Yikes! What an awful Splash Mountain experience. That's ridiculous that people can't follow directions and have to ruin things for everyone. I'm glad that they gave you something to make it up to you. The picture you took at the beginning is absolutely beautiful!

Mmm... More yummy food to drool over! I think I'll be about 50 pounds heavier after we go, because I want to try everything!
Yeah, it was prettttty not fun at the time, but it provided a funny memory for us to look back on! We made the best of it, even though our legs were cramped, I nearly peed my pants, and we were being tortured by the music/Brer Bear noises.

The FPs were definitely a nice. For that amount of time I would hope they'd give everyone something because it really did take away from our plans in getting to Epcot by a certain time.

I love that photo! It was really neat to see the castle with MSEP moving through at the same time.

The food was so good. Believe it or not, with all of the walking we did every day, I didn't end up gaining anything! And trust me, I ate a LOT of bad food. Thanks for commenting and feeling my pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
OH.MY.GAWD! That is insane! I think I might have died. We had a similar experience in 2008 when we got stuck in the TARZAN room on the movie ride...he kept swinging and doing his Aaaahhhh-eeee-ahhhh noise and we were only stuck for about 10 minutes! I cannot imagine 50!...and having to pee!

I'm jealous of your nighttime ride on TT, Savannah was in tears our last Epcot night b/c we missed out on riding it at night. Next time!
It really was crazy and not fun at the time! That doesn't sound fun to be stuck with Tarzan.. but I'll take 10 minutes over 50 minutes, when 30 of it is spent hearing those awful Ooh ouch ahhs. And yeah, the having to pee was NOT an added bonus.

Night time on TT is pretty awesome, I have to say. That's a bummer about missing out on it, but it just gives you ANOTHER reason to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
Oops you posted right before I Submitted... You were reading my mind On getting that update up... . I'm sorry about splash mountain... It's better than IASW right?? I didn't watch the video yet as I'm at the salon amd I don't want people staring at me funny... I'll watch as soon as I leave...

Can't wait to read more!!
Haha I kind of figured! I'm quite the mind-reader. It's okay, we survived and I still love it. I'm not sure if in that instance it was better than IASW, especially with the bees buzzing, the music, and Brer Bear's noises. I'd rather hear IASW probably, just because it's not as loud! Like we were stuck in an area where the volume was REALLY high for Brer Bear. If you watch the video you'll understand why I say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OMG NOTE TO SELF: always go to the bathroom BEFORE THE RIDES!!!

Oh ok. Yeah that doesn't sound fun. Ewww.

Ugh yeah, never again, especially on Splash Mountain. That just was not an ideal situation! I'd never been happier to see a bathroom!

Wait did you really fall asleep?? HAHAHA.

HAHAHA not really but that would've been amazing. Can you imagine if we'd fallen asleep when the CMs came to release us?!

UGH people! Why would you stand up if the ride could start at any moment? Hello. If you're standing you could fall to your death... OH PEOPLE.

Ugh it was really frustrating to hear that basically because people are ridiculous and can't stay in their log, we had to experience that. They kept telling people to remain seated but there were girls a few logs in front of us who kept standing. THIS IS WHY THEY HAD TO PUT IN THE LAP BARS ON SPLASH. Because people aren't smart.

OMG I just said "TEST TRACK BABY!" in my head before I read that you wrote it! Hahaha.

I love that you definitely thought the same thing... as soon as I wrote Test Track I knew I had to say it!

OMG (I have said OMG a lot in this comment... my apologies) what if you got stuck in the hot or cold rooms on Test Track?? OH MY GOSH IMAGINE THE TORTURE.

This is kind of an OMG-worthy update, I think, because of its absurdity! I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SO MANY TIMES THOUGH! I could deal with the cold room since it's not that bad, but that hot room? If I ever got stuck in there I would cry.

I've never had school bread but everyone seems to be obsessed with it! BUT I don't like coconut! So I'm sad. Question though... if that a NEW pin next to the almond pretzel? I have this new obsession with Disney pins haha.

OMG (yup I did it), that is sad... You wouldn't like it due to the coconut, but it's too bad because it's so good. I miss school bread an awful lot now. BUT that is so funny you brought up the pin in the background. I didn't even notice it!

So I realized my one downfall during this trip was not always taking photos of the things we bought. I don't know WHY I didn't do this, but I think I just figured I'd wait until we got home? I don't know, but I'm mad at myself for it. I will have photos of everything we purchased at the end of my TR, including all of the pins I traded for and new ones we bought.

Anyway, that pin specifically was one I thought about trading but ended up keeping because it was a cute MK one of Mickey in front of the castle. I got it for super cheap, took it off its card, but ended up keeping it. I'll show it off later. Pin trading is a dangerous addiction but so much fun! It's a great way to talk to CMs and other people and I highly suggest it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeer70 View Post
Ok I have been loving this report quietly but that last update has brought me out of lurkdom. 50 minutes?!?!?!
Let me just also say that ToT is downright scary! Especially to someone who was actually in a real plummeting elevator. Yep, suffice it to say that anytime there is a thunderstorm I take the stairs. Still, my son conned me into riding for his birthday using "mommy guilt" and the result was not only the most hilarious picture (for everyone including the CMs, except me) but certain deafness for the woman next to me.
Now, back to this very entertaining report
Okay, first, THANKS for coming out of lurkdom and saying hi! Even if it's the only post in my TR, I'm glad you came out and commented at least once.

But yes, 50 minutes. We couldn't believe it! And thank you for agreeing on ToT, though it sounds WAY more terrifying for you! I have had an experience like that, from 53 floors up.. For whatever reason the elevator was going WAY faster than normal, and ended up taking us below the lobby. I think we got on just as a building employee switched the key over, so I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to travel that fast and they didn't know people were in it. Needless to say, plunging elevators are NOT fun.

That is hilarious though about the photo. I love funny attraction photos! I'm with you on deafening those around me though, so don't feel too bad.

Thanks again for commenting, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Pal_Pluto View Post
So I have to admit that I JUST NOW found your TR after taking a long hiatus from the boards. I'm so sad I missed your play-by-play, but before I immerse my evening in catching up on your tale ... I had to let you know I am SO in ... can't wait to read through your TR and get to know both of you!!

I am so glad you found my TR though! I feel special. It's okay, you can totally catch up and be up to speed, I'm not even halfway through our trip, so you're not really far behind, I promise. But I'm glad you are so in and I hope you enjoy it!

I got to the bottom of post # 1 and, well ... seeing that tall cool Biergarten glass in your husband's hand ... and your quote "Let the Wild Rumpus Begin" ... that alone was enough to push me over the edge. So I've read nothing more ... but will catch up in maniacal fashion and look forward to every twist and turn!!

Haha, see, I love when people get me! And you're the first person to notice my Where the Wild Things Are reference! Matt and I are huge fans of the book (and the movie)... Hopefully you don't mind me going off on a little side note but.. We loved it enough that my MIL made custom-Chucks (she is super talented) for us to wear on our wedding day that were absolutely beautiful (we were already planning on wearing Chucks, as did the rest of our wedding party):

That's just part of them, but you get the picture. ANYWAY, glad you liked my little WTWA nod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Great updates!

I do not think I'll be able to do Tower of Terror. I feel so bad because my SO really wants me to try it, but stories like yours freak me out. I know you said it was fun (but scary)...but..
Yay thank you! Okay I promise though if I can do it anyone can. My number one tip? GO IN THE MORNING. (I talk about this later in my TR), but trust me, if you decide to finally go, do it then. I will say the theming is SO cool, so at least go in and check that out, then if you want you can always take the chicken exit. I did feel better when I went on it that other really little kids were riding it and seemed to have a blast. Made me feel a little more confident that I could do it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: