Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #31
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
I'm a longtime lurker on your trip reports... I've read them all, but don't think I've ever posted. When I saw you had a trip planned to Disneyland in your ticker, I was hoping you'd write a trip report!
Welcome, Cindy! I'm so glad you decided to "join in" on my TR and I'm happy to have you here! Thanks so much for reading my other reports too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
You have awesome pictures... and wonderful trips. The last trip you took to Disneyland made me want to go and see everything you had taken pictures of. Even though I live in So Cal (San Diego area), and I've been to most of the places... I saw them from a new prospective!
Yeah... can't wait to see all you did on this trip!
Awwww...thanks! I'm glad I was able to show you something "new!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Hey Lynn!

Sorry it took me so long to get here, but I am not on the boards as much.
Hey, Andrea! No worries...I'm kind of "hit or miss" on the boards too. "Real life" kind of gets in the way sometimes. So glad to have you here though!

Quote:
How exciting this trip sounds. I am hoping to make it back to DL in the next couple years, or a day next year before our DCL cruise from LA to Vancouver.
Oooooo.....a DCL cruise from LA to Vancouver sounds amazing!!!

Quote:
Jimmy Kimmel is fun. We did it when we did our ABD trip to LA and Disneyland. The guy who warmed up the crowd was from Rochester Hills. I really can't wait to hear about your experiences and I am glad that you are going soon and don't have to wait until this summer.
I bet Jimmy Kimmel was a blast! I'm kind of bummed because I just found out that his show is on HIATUS while we're going to be there. I figured it might be with the Oscars going on and the proximity of his show to the Kodak Theater. I guess that will have to be a "next time!" Guess I'll have to schedule in a few more things on our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Just over 2 weeks to go! How exciting!!
I KNOW!!! I can't wait!!! It really can't come soon enough!!! Thanks so much for joining in, Bec! So glad to have you here!
Spartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for you! Sounds like a fun trip

My son surprised me with a quick 5 day visit before I started my new job the week before January 22nd. He lives in Culver City and on our first night we went to Venice Beach and Santa Monica and ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant at this place in Santa Monica where they blocked off streets to put in a sort of outdoor mall - really cool!

Then the next night he got tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live and his gf who works for Sony Pictures got a friend at the show to get us VIP seating - we sat in the second row! Here's a pic of us - second row on the right, first three people (you can see me dressed in black with my hands raised clapping lol) [IMG][/IMG] It was a blast
After the show we drove down Rodeo Drive (the shops were closed but it was cool looking in the windows) and drove around Beverly Hills.

The next night we went back to Hollywood to see the Chinese Grumann (sp) Theatre but couldn't get close because there was a movie premiere for Underworld: Awakening. We saw Kate Beckinsale and Jeremiah Brent (we were standing off to the side hiding behind a pillar so that we wouldn't get chased away ) It was a really fun night walking up and down seeing all the stars names on the sidewalk. Then the last night we went up to Griffith Park Observatory and saw an awesome view of the city. It was really eerie though - we were taking pics and we started hearing howling or strange barking. I thought it was hyenas but we weren't close to the LA Zoo so when we drove down the hill we saw a coyote running on the side of the road I just moved to the country in Central Oregon and have seen a few out here but didn't expect it in the city We also went to The Grove which has a really neat view of the city on the rooftop parking garage.

Sorry I took over your TR to tell about my trip Oh I almost forgot - on my last day we went to Beverly Hills to eat at The Farm and I saw some guys standing outside with grey suits. I told my son there must be someone important inside eating. Well as we were waiting for our check my son's gf said to him "Isn't that Joe Biden?" My son turned around and said "I think so". Well I couldn't hear the whole conversation and I asked "Joe who?" and my son said "the Vice President". I said "Vice President of what?" because I still didn't hear the last name, and my son burst out laughing "the Vice President of the United States!" I about died!! I'm not a fan particularly but I jumped up, ran outside to try to catch him and asked the last Secret Service guy who was walking ahead of me if I could shake the Vice President's hand. He didn't say anything but the Vice President turned around, smiled and wave at me. So that was my only other "star" sighting I had besides seeing Will Arnett and Madeleine Stowe on Jimmy Kimmel.

I hope you have an awesome trip seeing Tinsel Town and visiting Disneyland! I wish I could have had time to visit DL but my son was pretty broke so we did free things. But I did apply and had my interview this week for the Disneyland College Program so hopefully I will be accepted. I'm hoping to work Front Desk or Concierge at Grand Californian. Have a fantastic trip and again my apologies for stealing your TR!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Last edited by heaven2dc; 02-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #33
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Fun plans!!! You are going to have a great time!!! I have never read where anyone has been to the Soda Fountain, so you must be sure to get lots of pictures there!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Thank you so much!!! I am so excited!!! And...thanks so much for joining in!

Quote:
My son surprised me with a quick 5 day visit before I started my new job the week before January 22nd. He lives in Culver City and on our first night we went to Venice Beach and Santa Monica and ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant at this place in Santa Monica where they blocked off streets to put in a sort of outdoor mall - really cool!

Then the next night he got tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live and his gf who works for Sony Pictures got a friend at the show to get us VIP seating - we sat in the second row! Here's a pic of us - second row in the front on the right, first three people (you can see me dressed in black with my hands raised clapping lol) [IMG][/IMG] It was a blast
AMAZING!!! Sounds like so much fun AND VIP seating...wow!

Quote:
After the show we drove down Rodeo Drive (the shops were closed but it was cool looking in the windows) and drove around Beverly Hills.

The next night we went back to Hollywood to see the Chinese Grumann (sp) Theatre but couldn't get close because there was a movie premiere for Underworld: Awakening. We saw Kate Beckinsale and Jeremiah Brent (we were standing off to the side hiding behind a pillar so that we wouldn't get chased away ) It was a really fun night walking up and down seeing all the stars names on the sidewalk. Then the last night we went up to Griffith Park Observatory and saw an awesome view of the city. It was really eerie though - we were taking pics and we started hearing howling or strange barking. I thought it was hyenas but we weren't close to the LA Zoo so when we drove down the hill we saw a coyote running on the side of the road I just moved to the country in Central Oregon and have seen a few out here but didn't expect it in the city We also went to The Grove which has a really neat view of the city on the rooftop parking garage.

Sorry I took over your TR to tell about my trip Oh I almost forgot - on my last day we went to Beverly Hills to eat at The Farm and I saw some guys standing outside with grey suits. I told my son there must be someone important inside eating. Well as we were waiting for our check my son's gf said to him "Isn't that Joe Biden?" My son turned around and said "I think so". Well I couldn't hear the whole conversation and I asked "Joe who?" and my son said "the Vice President". I said "Vice President of what?" because I still didn't hear the last name, and my son burst out laughing "the Vice President of the United States!" I about died!! I'm not a fan particularly but I jumped up, ran outside to try to catch him and asked the last Secret Service guy who was walking ahead of me if I could shake the Vice President's hand. He didn't say anything but the Vice President turned around, smiled and wave at me. So that was my only other "star" sighting I had besides seeing Will Arnett and Madeleine Stowe on Jimmy Kimmel.
Sounds like quite the trip!!! I love the fact that your son surprised you with it!

Quote:
I hope you have an awesome trip seeing Tinsel Town and visiting Disneyland!
Thanks! Chris and I can't wait to go...2 weeks from today!

Quote:
I wish I could have had time to visit DL but my son was pretty broke so we did free things. But I did apply and had my interview this week for the Disneyland College Program so hopefully I will be accepted. I'm hoping to work Front Desk or Concierge at Grand Californian.
That would be amazing...fingers are crossed for you. Sending pixie dust your way!

Quote:
Have a fantastic trip and again my apologies for stealing your TR!!
No worries at all! I loved hearing about your adventures! It just helped to make me "that much more excited!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Fun plans!!! You are going to have a great time!!!
Thank you!!! We can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I have never read where anyone has been to the Soda Fountain, so you must be sure to get lots of pictures there!
Oh you know I'll get lots of pictures! When we went to LA the first time, we only walked by the Soda Fountain and I knew that it was a place I'd love to visit in the future. Our future will be very soon!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #35
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Then the next night he got tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live and his gf who works for Sony Pictures got a friend at the show to get us VIP seating - we sat in the second row! Here's a pic of us - second row on the right, first three people (you can see me dressed in black with my hands raised clapping lol) [IMG][/IMG] It was a blast

I hope you have an awesome trip seeing Tinsel Town and visiting Disneyland! I wish I could have had time to visit DL but my son was pretty broke so we did free things. But I did apply and had my interview this week for the Disneyland College Program so hopefully I will be accepted. I'm hoping to work Front Desk or Concierge at Grand Californian. Have a fantastic trip and again my apologies for stealing your TR!!
Sounds like an amazing Hollywood experience! We have done some of those things, too - There is so much to see. You must be in the Bend area - We're
in Klamath Falls for a few months more, then Arizona bound! Good luck on your applications!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

The bad news is... The good news is...

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend and enjoyed the Superbowl! It was a close game, which made it really fun to watch!

I was able to do a little more planning this weekend, which is good since we leave so soon. I'm still in disbelief that our trip is just around the corner, so I'm trying to secure all of the last minute details and things that I need to do.

I secured all of our transfers and I "think" our plans are finally in place!

I do have a little bad news...
I really wanted to see Jimmy Kimmel on our trip, but found out that his show is on HIATUS while we are there. I kind of figured that might be the case since his theater is right by the Kodak Theater where the Oscars take place.

With the bad news out of the way, I do have some good news too...
In addition to the plans that I have previously mentioned, I have added in a Warner Brothers' Studio Tour and Chris and I have secured dinner reservations at the World Famous Hollywood Magic Castle!

http://www.magiccastle.com/images/mcwelcome.jpg

The Magic Castle is an exclusive private club. You must be a member or have a guest card from a member to gain admittance. We didn't have either of those options available to us, but I also learned that you can try for reservations if you stay at their hotel.

Through my research, I recently found out that Neil Patrick Harris is the President and makes frequent appearances at the club. I've been crossing my fingers that we would be able to get a reservation since it is such a unique thing to do and I don't know if the opportunity will ever arise for us again. On Sunday, I got my confirmation!

We happened to get dinner reservations for my birthday, so I am super excited about that! Chris and I are excited for this experience since it is so out of the "norm." I found out that there is a strict dress code, so we will be bringing a suit and tie for Chris and a cocktail dress for myself. It should be a night of fun!

Information that I "borrowed" from the website includes:

"Dinner is served at the Magic Castle in an atmosphere of Victorian elegance."

"Your night at the Magic Castle would not be complete without magic! The Magic Castle hosts five different magic shows in three showrooms."

I also read that after dinner you are free to roam the castle to check out the shows that you are interested in and explore the various rooms. I've been told there are "surprises" around many corners.

I am so excited to experience the Magic Castle and I can't wait to share the details with all of you!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy Kimmel but dinner at the Magic Castle sounds wonderful! What a great birthday that should be! I hope you are able to take photos inside!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #38
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy Kimmel but dinner at the Magic Castle sounds wonderful! What a great birthday that should be! I hope you are able to take photos inside!
I know...I was really looking forward to seeing Jimmy Kimmel, but I'm glad we have some other great things to look forward to! Crossing my fingers that I can take photos inside too...

DISNEYLAND NEWS!!!

As if I couldn't already be excited enough, look what's going to be happening while we visit:

The New Orleans Bayou Bash!

"We’re getting ready to party New Orleans-style here at Disneyland park. During February and early March, the streets of New Orleans Square will be filled with music, Disney characters, street performers and delicious food at New Orleans Bayou Bash!
Special entertainment will include performances by Princess Tiana, Louis and Naveen and meet & greet opportunities with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale – all dressed up in their Mardi Gras finest!"

Sounds good to me!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have some great plans. We visited the Griffith Observatory on our trip to LA. The views were great. Make sure you are hungry when you visit the Farmers Market, so many great choices to pick from, and very close to Hollywood Blvd and the Kodak theater.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #40
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

for your Magic Castle evening! Sounds very interesting and fun! You will be living large!

Disneyland will be so fun at that time, too! I wonder if they'll have Mardi Gras parade?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Sounds like you have some great plans.
Thanks so much...I am so excited!

Quote:
We visited the Griffith Observatory on our trip to LA. The views were great.
I've been debating adding that to our plans...it's a "tentative" idea for now. I guess it just depends on how much time we actually have. I've heard so many great things about it though.

Quote:
Make sure you are hungry when you visit the Farmers Market, so many great choices to pick from, and very close to Hollywood Blvd and the Kodak theater.
Thanks for the tip! We will go hungry...sounds like a great plan for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
for your Magic Castle evening! Sounds very interesting and fun! You will be living large!
I can't wait!!! It's so different from the things that we normally do!!!

Quote:
Disneyland will be so fun at that time, too! I wonder if they'll have Mardi Gras parade?
I'm so excited for DL...the last time we went was for the 4th of July, so this will be a whole new experience. Ooooohhhhh....a Mardi Gras parade! That would be cool! I guess I'll find out soon enough!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #42
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Here we go again!!!

Well, I guess I warned all of you about how my plans might be changing up until we leave...thankfully, that time will come soon!

Two days ago, I mentioned that Jimmy Kimmel was on HIATUS, according to his website. He has now opened up a couple of shows! Don't know how or why it happened, but I'm not questioning it!

So once again, I'm changing our plans! I was able to get tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, February 22nd. Jessica Alba is the guest and I'm thrilled...I just love her!

So, tonight I was on the phone doing a bit of rescheduling for our transfers. On Wednesday afternoon, we were supposed to transfer to Anaheim. Our only plans were to explore Downtown Disney and possibly the Grand Californian. Now, we won't get there until later that evening, but I'm fine with that. We'll probably check into the hotel and rest up for our first big day in the parks!!!

Things seem to be falling into place and we leave one week from Saturday!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #43
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Yes I am doing ok. I am working on getting strong each day. Thanks. Just need my blood levels to work out and then I am good to go for a while.

I haven't been to universal in so many years. My DH got slimmed when we went. So funny.

The magic castle will be so much fun too. My sister got to go many years ago and I was so jealous. She had leukemia and got to do all kinds of cool things. Being only a young teen I was jealous of her for that but not for the reason. Oh and I like Neil Patrick Harris. That would be nice to meet him. I could tell him I was a surrogate.lol

I am glad you get to see Jimmy Kimmel. I really like him. So funny. Jessica Abba will be a nice plus too.

Sounds like things are really coming along. Glad to hear. I look forward to hearing more.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #44
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Here we go again!!!

Well, I guess I warned all of you about how my plans might be changing up until we leave...thankfully, that time will come soon!

Two days ago, I mentioned that Jimmy Kimmel was on HIATUS, according to his website. He has now opened up a couple of shows! Don't know how or why it happened, but I'm not questioning it!

So once again, I'm changing our plans! I was able to get tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, February 22nd. Jessica Alba is the guest and I'm thrilled...I just love her!

So, tonight I was on the phone doing a bit of rescheduling for our transfers. On Wednesday afternoon, we were supposed to transfer to Anaheim. Our only plans were to explore Downtown Disney and possibly the Grand Californian. Now, we won't get there until later that evening, but I'm fine with that. We'll probably check into the hotel and rest up for our first big day in the parks!!!

Things seem to be falling into place and we leave one week from Saturday!

That's great you get to do Kimmel when that was on your list!

8 DAYS!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #45
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
Yes I am doing ok. I am working on getting strong each day. Thanks. Just need my blood levels to work out and then I am good to go for a while.
So glad to hear it!

Quote:
I haven't been to universal in so many years. My DH got slimmed when we went. So funny.
That is funny! We are really looking forward to our day there! We've only gone once and it was about 9 years ago.

Quote:
The magic castle will be so much fun too. My sister got to go many years ago and I was so jealous. She had leukemia and got to do all kinds of cool things. Being only a young teen I was jealous of her for that but not for the reason. Oh and I like Neil Patrick Harris. That would be nice to meet him. I could tell him I was a surrogate.lol
The Magic Castle should be a unique experience...I can wait to see what happens that night! If we saw Neil Patrick Harris, that would be a bonus!

Quote:
I am glad you get to see Jimmy Kimmel. I really like him. So funny. Jessica Abba will be a nice plus too.
I am really excited!!!

Quote:
Sounds like things are really coming along. Glad to hear. I look forward to hearing more.
I can't wait to share more!!!

Quote:
That's great you get to do Kimmel when that was on your list!
I know!!! I can't believe everything worked out! I honestly didn't think it was going to happen!

Quote:
8 DAYS!!!
Woo hoo!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: