Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #151
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Can I just say how extremely jealous I am that you sat on THE COUCH!!!!!
I think my jaw dropped when we entered the set! I stood there in AWE for a few seconds before everything sank in! When our guide said that we could sit on "THE COUCH" for a quick picture, you bet I took advantage of the opportunity!
Spartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #152
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Sign, "Extra" Host, & Venice Beach

Our tour continued and Dmitry took us way up into the Hollywood Hills for the best views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood sign. Here are a few of the pictures we took...

I couldn't resist...

Overlooking Los Angeles...

And one more of the famous sign...

Our next stop was at The Farmers Market and The Grove. We snapped a couple of pictures as we made our way into the market and searched out a spot for lunch.

Loteria! looked interesting, so we sat down at the full service counter.

We ordered some chips and guacamole to begin and it was definitely the right choice!

I got two beef tacos that were so tasty...

Chris got a beef burrito that he raved about...

After a fantastic and authentic Mexican lunch, we made our way out of the Farmers Market.

We headed right next door to The Grove.

Here, we ran into the set of "Extra" with Mario Lopez.

I figured I would try my hand at hosting!

Continued in next post...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=153

Last edited by Spartangirl; 04-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #153
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Continued...

Next up it was time to hit the beaches. Our first stop was Venice Beach!

It was very different from many of the beaches that we had previously visited in California, but we enjoyed the uniqueness of it! Venice Beach definitely had character!

Of course we saw the famous "Muscle Beach," but I opted not to take a picture. Seeing it once was good enough for me!

There were all sorts of touristy stores along a walkway which was filled with bikers, dog walkers, and skateboarders.

Here is what happens if you leave your bike in Venice. Chris said, "At least the lock worked!"

We came across "Danny's," from "I love you, Man!" However, we just took the pictures, with no stop, because we were still full from our Mexican lunch.

Soon, our time was up at Venice Beach and we were going to be heading to our next destination. As we headed out, we passed the Venice Canals...

Up Next: Santa Monica, Celeb Homes, & Rodeo Drive
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=163

Last edited by Spartangirl; 04-10-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #154
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a day so far! I am tired from just looking at all of the places you visited. The tour looks like a must do. I would have skipped the raw meal as well. Yuck! But your lunch looks wonderful!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #155
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Neat tour of Los Angeles! I didn't even know some of those places existed! I think I would have passed on the Japanese food challenge as well. Ewww.

Great pictures by the Hollywood sign and Venice Beach definitely has a different vibe than the beaches we are used to here in the Southeast.

Lunch at the Farmer's Market looks fantastic. My mouth is watering over the guacamole. Yum!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #156
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Lynne! I'm back from Phoenix now and all caught up! Great WB tour - I haven't been there.
Loved the Central Perk pic and the Scooby Do Van!!!

Your Magic Castle evening looks so special. One of those "off the map" things not everyone gets a chance to do!

Oh, Venice beach has character, but mostly CharacterS I thought you would post a pic of Santa in a speedo wearing roller skates or something!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #157
<3myfamily
Mouseketeer

Loving the pictures of your tour of LA. I definitely need to go and find all the places you went... we are so close, but just never venture further than Disneyland Or we just try to survive the traffic as we are driving thru LA.

And you got to sit on THE COUCH... I am jealous!

DL: Too many to count
WDW, Offsite: 1989 & 1993
POP Century: 2006, 2007, 2009,Aug 29-Sept 5 2011
<3myfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #158
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Wow, what a day so far! I am tired from just looking at all of the places you visited. The tour looks like a must do.
The tour was FANTASTIC! I couldn't believe how much we crammed in!

Quote:
I would have skipped the raw meal as well. Yuck!
It makes me sick just thinking about it!

Quote:
But your lunch looks wonderful!
It was so good...makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Neat tour of Los Angeles! I didn't even know some of those places existed! I think I would have passed on the Japanese food challenge as well. Ewww.
The tour was really great...it was so neat to see how "different" all of the parts of Los Angeles really are. I feel ill just thinking about that food challenge!

Quote:
Great pictures by the Hollywood sign and Venice Beach definitely has a different vibe than the beaches we are used to here in the Southeast.
Thank you! Venice Beach was pretty "edgy" compared to what we're used to, too. But in saying that, I'm glad we at least saw it!

Quote:
Lunch at the Farmer's Market looks fantastic. My mouth is watering over the guacamole. Yum!
Oh my gosh...it was so good! The guacamole was the best part....I just love it!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #159
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Lynne! I'm back from Phoenix now and all caught up!

Welcome back! Wow...you have been traveling quite a bit! First Hawaii and then Phoenix...very nice!

Quote:
Great WB tour - I haven't been there.
Loved the Central Perk pic and the Scooby Do Van!!!
If you ever have a chance, check out the WB tour...it was a lot of fun!

Quote:
Your Magic Castle evening looks so special. One of those "off the map" things not everyone gets a chance to do!
We loved it! It was such a unique experience that we will probably never have an opportunity to do again. I'm so glad we had the chance!!!

Quote:
Oh, Venice beach has character, but mostly CharacterS I thought you would post a pic of Santa in a speedo wearing roller skates or something!
Quote:
Oh my gosh........you're so right! I think my jaw dropped a couple of times with some of the "characters" at the beach! I decided not to subject any fellow DISers to the craziness that we witnessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
Loving the pictures of your tour of LA. I definitely need to go and find all the places you went... we are so close, but just never venture further than Disneyland Or we just try to survive the traffic as we are driving thru LA.
It was a really great tour! I think I truly had a different "vision" of LA before we went.....there really are some great things to see and do around the city! I hear you, about the traffic! We have traffic back home too, but nothing in comparison to LA! Having the tour was nice...we were in the traffic at times, but didn't have to drive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
And you got to sit on THE COUCH... I am jealous!
I was over-the-top excited!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #160
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I don't even know where to start! I LOVE Friends, I still watch the reruns on TBS here!! I am so jealous!!

We were planning on visiting Disneyland one day, but I just told DF we have a few things and tours to hit in addition to that!!

I love your Hogwarts picture!!

Your dinner sounded so cool, what a fun experience!

The Hollywood sign pictures came out great, just so many things to comment on, but all I have to say is it all looked like so much fun!!
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #161
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Hi Lynne! I've loved catching up on your TR. We took a group of our youth students from church to California this summer. We were only in LA for one day, so we felt really rushed. It looks like you all had a MUCH better experience!

I just love reading about your vacations. You definitely get the most out of each one.

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #162
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I don't even know where to start! I LOVE Friends, I still watch the reruns on TBS here!! I am so jealous!!
I still watch the reruns too...Chris always says, "Haven't you seen that episode many times?" I respond with, "Yep!" and I keep on watching! I love it!

Quote:
We were planning on visiting Disneyland one day, but I just told DF we have a few things and tours to hit in addition to that!!
YAY! There is so much to see and do in LA!

Quote:
I love your Hogwarts picture!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Your dinner sounded so cool, what a fun experience!
We loved the Magic Castle...it was so unique and just a lot of fun!

Quote:
The Hollywood sign pictures came out great, just so many things to comment on, but all I have to say is it all looked like so much fun!!
Thanks! We truly had an amazing day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hi Lynne! I've loved catching up on your TR. We took a group of our youth students from church to California this summer. We were only in LA for one day, so we felt really rushed. It looks like you all had a MUCH better experience!
Thanks so much for joining in...glad to have you here! That's wonderful that you were able to take a youth group from your church. I bet you had a lot of fun! However, I can definitely see how you may have felt rushed being there just one day. There really is a TON to do and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
I just love reading about your vacations. You definitely get the most out of each one.
We really try! I guess we figure that if we're traveling, we might as well go BIG and take advantage of all of the opportunities that come our way!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #163
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Santa Monica, Celeb Homes, & Rodeo Drive

After Venice Beach, we headed to Santa Monica. We soon learned something new...the Santa Monica Pier is the end of the iconic Route 66. Who knew?

Standing on the pier, we were able to capture a couple of pictures of Malibu. In the first picture, Malibu is in the distance. The second picture provides a closer view!

Chris and I really had a fantastic time walking down the pier! The vibe here was so different from Venice Beach and there was so much to see! Here are a few pictures from our journey...

It was kind of fun to watch all of the people fishing...

Although we enjoyed Venice Beach, Santa Monica was definitely a little more our style. The beaches were beautiful and the pier was a lot of fun! I can definitely see us heading back here in the future!

Soon it was time to leave the pier and we were headed for Beverly Hills and Bel Air. It was time to see the stars' homes! Well...this is partly true! Many of the celebrities homes are very private and hidden by dense foliage and gates. In saying this, it was still neat to see the different communities and where they lived. Although I didn't take pictures, we saw Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise's house and David & Victoria Beckham's house. They were very high up in the hills and very protected by trees and bushes!

This next home used to be Ozzy Osbourne's house...it is currently Christina Aguilera's house.

This was the former home of Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy). Our guide mentioned that the "Old Hollywood Stars" definitely weren't as concerned about privacy as the stars of today...that's why the homes were more out in the open. Although very nice, the homes were also a lot more modest than today's celebrity homes.

Here is Michael Jackson's final home at the time of his death...

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=164

Last edited by Spartangirl; 04-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #164
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

CONTINUED...

Here is the entrance of the famed Playboy Mansion...

This was Aaron Spelling's home...

We soon left the residential area and found ourselves on a famous street...RODEO DRIVE!

Here is the Beverly Wilshire which was the "Pretty Woman" hotel...

Now Chris really doesn't care too much about the shopping on Rodeo Drive, but he does enjoy seeing all of the fancy cars!

This is a ferrari that he was drooling over...

And here is a Buggati! Although it's not realistic for us, I told him there's no harm in dreaming big!

The Buggati belongs to the owner of Bijan, which is the most expensive store in the world. The cheapest suit is $50,000 and it costs $1,500 just to walk through the front door. If you decide not to buy anything, it's a $50,000 consultation fee. I guess you better be serious about a purchase if you enter this store...WOW!!!

Here is one last shot before leaving Rodeo Drive...

On the way back to our hotel we drove along the famous Sunset Strip! We truly had another fantastic day and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next on our journey!

Up Next: A "star" studded morning and the Disney Soda Fountain Shop
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=181

Last edited by Spartangirl; 04-15-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #165
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

I have loved reading your trip report. Such an easy read with lots of details and pictures. Can't wait for more! PS...I can't believe you got to sit o n the Friends couch!!!! Can you say jealous?

Last edited by abbie13_15; 04-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.
abbie13_15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: