Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #121
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh what adorable little girls! Love the new Snow White dress and the bunny suit!
Aren't they cute?!?! I can't wait to see my little Princesses with the real Princesses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Joining in!! I see that you are now going in June and that we will be there at the same time!!! We are staying at POFQ though. Can't wait to see your plans!
We will have to see if our plans line up!! We will probably go over to POFQ to swim, since I've heard it's a nice pool! One of the "legal" pool hopping and I'm ALL over it!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #122
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Oooh… it's beginning! The interviews are starting! DH was asked to do a Skype interview this week! However, that puts kinks in the Disney planning! But I knew going into this, that everything could be way up in the air!

This position would be nice though. It would be in a good location (for family and for Disney!) and actually I have friends in the town, so it would be great for getting things together to move down there. But DH has some friends in the same field that have applied for this position as well.

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #123
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Oooh… it's beginning! The interviews are starting! DH was asked to do a Skype interview this week! However, that puts kinks in the Disney planning! But I knew going into this, that everything could be way up in the air!

This position would be nice though. It would be in a good location (for family and for Disney!) and actually I have friends in the town, so it would be great for getting things together to move down there. But DH has some friends in the same field that have applied for this position as well.
I will wish you BOTH good luck on whatever happens!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #124
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I'll just keep on writing this PTR until I know for sure… but Corey is off interviewing right now. I'd love to get this position for several reasons, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Anyway. So right now we are booked for a garden view room, but what do you think the chances of a little pixie dust for a Royal room upgrade when we get there? I'd love to get one of these rooms for my little princesses!!

We are a solid "First Day MUST be Magic Kingdom" family. Cortlyn's favorite ride was Dumbo. The child still talks about Dumbo and it's so sweet. For weeks after our trip, she'd be playing with her stuffed animals and they would get to ride Dumbo. Cortlyn also loved Small World.

Last trip, I did not get to ride on my FAVORITE ride… Space Mountain. Silly pregnancy. Corey and I got to ride Haunted Mansion together, but that was the only ride sans bebe that we had on the trip! I wish we were going to have someone there to watch the girls while we took a few rides together, but that will come in the future, right? Eventually the girls will be older and can go by themselves or even ride all the rides with us.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #125
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I would love to go and babysit. LOL! But unless one of us hits the lottery, I doubt that would happen!
Oh well.
I hope Corey does get the job, but they don't want him to start till mid June. LOL

Actually, if he does get it, when will he have to start?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #126
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I would love to go and babysit. LOL! But unless one of us hits the lottery, I doubt that would happen!
Oh well.
I hope Corey does get the job, but they don't want him to start till mid June. LOL

Actually, if he does get it, when will he have to start?
Well, usually these things start July 1, so that would most likely be our start date. But we'd have to use the Disney money to be moving money.

Funny thing, I actually was talking to my friend in MS that went with us last year and they are considering going back around Christmas time again this year… maybe we will plan a trip back all together?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #127
Jaaaacki
Mouseketeer

I'm not completely caught up but are you definitely going in June? Looks like you are going before us though.

If it wasnt too much of a hassle to move mid vacation I would like to split stay between pop and AoA. You know just to be at the new resort.

Mylittleappletree on Facebook
Jaaaacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #128
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki View Post
I'm not completely caught up but are you definitely going in June? Looks like you are going before us though.

If it wasnt too much of a hassle to move mid vacation I would like to split stay between pop and AoA. You know just to be at the new resort.
Nothing is set in stone until my husband signs a contract. And right now, the current employer wants to cut him to Part Time. IF that happens, then I have to go back to work Fulltime and rather quick, because we will lose our health benefits if he goes to Parttime. I'm hoping to know by May what the deal is, and then we can make final decisions! Right now, everything is just all up in the air!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #129
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I sure hope you get things settled soon. You'll really enjoy your trip to Disney when it happens and you can leave life behind for a bit.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #130
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, my lovely (and few) disfriends, I am so sorry for being gone for so long! Things have been a little crazy, and I went away for the weekend to see family/friends in Nashville.

Things are not looking very good for us right now… We've been waiting for a contract and well… Corey heard through the grapevine that they are looking at other options. It's a fairly complicated story (and honestly, not one that I'm comfortable sharing on the interwebz quite yet). Anyway, we haven't had any movement from the skype interview that he had before, but the guy in charge was on a trip, so that's kind of understandable.

Of course, I knew that June might not work out when I changed my ressie, but I know we are working towards SOME trip in the next however long.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #131
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, my lovely (and few) disfriends, I am so sorry for being gone for so long! Things have been a little crazy, and I went away for the weekend to see family/friends in Nashville.

Things are not looking very good for us right now… We've been waiting for a contract and well… Corey heard through the grapevine that they are looking at other options. It's a fairly complicated story (and honestly, not one that I'm comfortable sharing on the interwebz quite yet). Anyway, we haven't had any movement from the skype interview that he had before, but the guy in charge was on a trip, so that's kind of understandable.

Of course, I knew that June might not work out when I changed my ressie, but I know we are working towards SOME trip in the next however long.
I'm sorry Christen! The waiting has got to be terrible! I hope Corey hears something really soon!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #132
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a bummer. I've been there...where you plan and things keep changing...I know your pain. It will work out in the end for the best. I'll blow some pixie dust your way!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #133
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I know that you guys are ready to find out something. Waiting around for somebody to make a decision is the pits. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #134
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hang in there. This too shall pass, and you'll appreciate what follows all the more.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #135
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I'm sorry Christen! The waiting has got to be terrible! I hope Corey hears something really soon!
Thanks! I hope he does as well. In news that effects you- there is a new opening on the other side of the state line, so he's applying over there. We'd only be about an hour away? (And I STILL have your Peter Pan movie!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a bummer. I've been there...where you plan and things keep changing...I know your pain. It will work out in the end for the best. I'll blow some pixie dust your way!
Thanks! I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that you guys are ready to find out something. Waiting around for somebody to make a decision is the pits. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Yup! That's the hardest part! We are willing and able, but have to wait on OTHERS to make things happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

Hang in there. This too shall pass, and you'll appreciate what follows all the more.
Thank you!

I'm just glad that this is happening when my girls are so little. Cortlyn has friends, but it's a little easier to move on and make new friends when you are little than when you are in middle school or something!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: