Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #106
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, we have a PLAN! YAY! Even if it has evolved and changed- I'm thrilled!

So, the new plan is June 5-10 at Port Orleans Riverside, Garden view! We will be leaving Indy on Sunday, traveling to stay at the IL's for a few days (see family) and then get up early on Tuesday and drive to the World!

Here is the tentative plan of the days and ADR's that I've made so far!

* Tuesday, MK~ This totally depends on how the girls are. The park is open until 10 and I'd like to at least stay until wishes with Cortlyn. We shall see!

* Wednesday, EPCOT~ Akershus Breakfast @ 10:30. Figure this will be a good time for us. Snack a little in the room and then eat a good amount and that will be "lunch" as well. Cortlyn will get her princess fix without the castle being an issue! I'd like to get Catie a princess dress- but I'm not sure.

* Thursday, MK~ Morning EMH's. I'm considering Crystal Palace this day. We aren't Pooh fans, but I've seen some good reviews on the food. Otherwise, I'll be happy with Casey's or Peco Bill's!

* Friday, HS~ Hollywood and Vine Breakfast. I booked this IN CASE Cortlyn wants to see these characters. I'm not sold on this one. Anyone tried it recently?? This is also SWW. The H&V breakfast gets us in the park early and we need to do a little more research about what the SWW offers.

* Saturday, AK~ Tusker House. This was a no brainer. We wouldn't even consider AK without Tusker House. We LOVED this breakfast last year!!!

*Sunday, ???~ I wish that Boatwright's served Breakfast! We may do a resort breakfast this morning or go to DTD and hang out. We may or may not go to a park this day. None of the parks open early, so we'd have to wait until 9, and Corey would like to get on the road by lunchtime.

What do you think?

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #107
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

YAY for a plan!!!!
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #108
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So, we have a PLAN! YAY! Even if it has evolved and changed- I'm thrilled!

So, the new plan is June 5-10 at Port Orleans Riverside, Garden view! We will be leaving Indy on Sunday, traveling to stay at the IL's for a few days (see family) and then get up early on Tuesday and drive to the World!

Here is the tentative plan of the days and ADR's that I've made so far!

* Tuesday, MK~ This totally depends on how the girls are. The park is open until 10 and I'd like to at least stay until wishes with Cortlyn. We shall see!

* Wednesday, EPCOT~ Akershus Breakfast @ 10:30. Figure this will be a good time for us. Snack a little in the room and then eat a good amount and that will be "lunch" as well. Cortlyn will get her princess fix without the castle being an issue! I'd like to get Catie a princess dress- but I'm not sure.

* Thursday, MK~ Morning EMH's. I'm considering Crystal Palace this day. We aren't Pooh fans, but I've seen some good reviews on the food. Otherwise, I'll be happy with Casey's or Peco Bill's!

* Friday, HS~ Hollywood and Vine Breakfast. I booked this IN CASE Cortlyn wants to see these characters. I'm not sold on this one. Anyone tried it recently?? This is also SWW. The H&V breakfast gets us in the park early and we need to do a little more research about what the SWW offers.

* Saturday, AK~ Tusker House. This was a no brainer. We wouldn't even consider AK without Tusker House. We LOVED this breakfast last year!!!

*Sunday, ???~ I wish that Boatwright's served Breakfast! We may do a resort breakfast this morning or go to DTD and hang out. We may or may not go to a park this day. None of the parks open early, so we'd have to wait until 9, and Corey would like to get on the road by lunchtime.

What do you think?
I loved CP! All of us did, and I'm the only one that is somewhat a Pooh fan! Even my Dad was impressed with it and got up and danced on the friendship parade... So not like my Dad.

And heck ya Catie needs a princess dress!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #109
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
YAY for a plan!!!!
I know!!! I just hope that I'm not getting excited for nothing, you know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I loved CP! All of us did, and I'm the only one that is somewhat a Pooh fan! Even my Dad was impressed with it and got up and danced on the friendship parade... So not like my Dad.

And heck ya Catie needs a princess dress!
My friend may have a small Tinkerbell dress!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 03-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #110
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! Glad you guys have a plan and you scored some great ADRs!!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #111
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Yeah!! Glad you guys have a plan and you scored some great ADRs!!
I am happy with the ADR's we have! I'm not 100% on the H&V, but it would give us early entry on a SWW so, you never know!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #112
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, finally caught back up again! And it's not that far away....so even better!

As much as I love Crystal Palace, I'm not sure I'd spend EMH time inside a restaurant. Maybe if you want to do it, get a late breakfast or early lunch time. Go in and take advantage of the EMH and do as much as you can. Then use the ADR as a time to rest and get out of the heat?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #113
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, finally caught back up again! And it's not that far away....so even better!

As much as I love Crystal Palace, I'm not sure I'd spend EMH time inside a restaurant. Maybe if you want to do it, get a late breakfast or early lunch time. Go in and take advantage of the EMH and do as much as you can. Then use the ADR as a time to rest and get out of the heat?
Yeah, I wouldn't book anything early that day. Maybe lunch though. I dunno.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #114
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, today I decide to run to TJ Maxx and see if there was anything I just had to have. I had a giftcard burning a hole in my pocket, so I ran up to the store and looked around. I was SO excited when I noticed the dressup stuff had a few fairly small looking costumes and there were a couple princess outfits and they were only $10! So I texting Corey and asked him to see which princess Cortlyn wanted for Catie, and she picked….

Snow White!

It is a LITTLE big, however the size says "2t-4t." I would like to know what "4t" sized little girl could wear this thing, because it is TINY! That red thing on the front is a headband, which I'm sure will be WAY too big, but I don't want to lose it just yet. They had a Belle dress, and I almost just got that one. Honestly, I should have just gotten it, because as soon as I put the SW dress on Cortlyn she said "Now you have to get ME a Snow White Dress!!" So, now I need to check. Is Snow White ever at Akershus? Won't be a big deal if she isn't, just wondering.

And since I'm showing off my cutie pie, I should throw up a picture of Cortlyn in her upcoming recital costume!!! She will be a Bunny! So adorable!!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #115
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Such a cute dress! I love the recital outfit too. What song is she dancing too?

I hear mixed reviews on H&V too. Brook ate there last year (breakfast) and enjoyed it. We have yet t ogive it a try...and I'm not sure we ever will, unless they bring in some really great characters. Most are not at the top of Claire's list.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #116
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Such a cute dress! I love the recital outfit too. What song is she dancing too?

I hear mixed reviews on H&V too. Brook ate there last year (breakfast) and enjoyed it. We have yet t ogive it a try...and I'm not sure we ever will, unless they bring in some really great characters. Most are not at the top of Claire's list.
Jen is back!

I don't know what song they are dancing to actually. The show is "Hanzel and Gretel" and she is one of the "woodland creatures." That is the extent of my knowledge of the night! They do a whole show with the groups. Last year, it was "Wizard of Oz" and they told the whole story of Oz, with Dorothy and had a little Toto even. It's really cute!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #117
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !

I think if your going in June then the earlier the better. We've gone at the end of May and the weather was pretty perfect. A few hotter days but the mornings and evenings were awesome.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #118
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in !

I think if your going in June then the earlier the better. We've gone at the end of May and the weather was pretty perfect. A few hotter days but the mornings and evenings were awesome.
Welcome!!

I'm hoping for good mornings and comfortable evenings! I know we will taking a nap break for Catie at least once a day!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #119
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh what adorable little girls! Love the new Snow White dress and the bunny suit!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #120
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! I see that you are now going in June and that we will be there at the same time!!! We are staying at POFQ though. Can't wait to see your plans!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: