Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #91
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
This is not a happy update…

Looks like things are not working in my favor right now. Corey missed a deadline accidentally for his graduation in May and he may not get to walk until Dec. Which would mean 3 trips in the matter of 6 weeks if we went home for Christmas. We were gone for a LONG trip last Dec and by the end Cortlyn was D.O.N.E. and it wasn't pleasant for the trip home (by myself if I may add). So, we are just putting things on hold for right now and praying that maybe we could figure something out for another time. If someone will send me some pixie dust, that would be great!
Oh no! I hate to hear this news because I know how much you were looking forward to the trip. Is there any way to possibly move the trip up to earlier in the year rather than put it off until later?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #92
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

I am so sorry that things are not working out. I will hope for some Pixie Dust for you and Hope that something wonderful happens!
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #93
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a bummer. We are having issues here too. We had a tentative plan that looks like it won't really work now. We haven't given up on doing something this spring, but it may be different once again.
Can you do Disney in May when he was supposed to graduate instead? I know you wouldn't get AoA, but at least you could go...or even early June? when it is open. If you need to cry or just talk, you have my email. I'm a good listener.
Men have a way of screwing up the best plans. LOL!
You know, when it dawned on me that this would affect the trip I thought of you! Jen would know how I feel in this moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!
Thanks. I'm still praying something works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
On NO!

Sending BUCKETS of pixiedust your way.........

I'm grabbing those buckets!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh no! I hate to hear this news because I know how much you were looking forward to the trip. Is there any way to possibly move the trip up to earlier in the year rather than put it off until later?
I want to try! We'll have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
I am so sorry that things are not working out. I will hope for some Pixie Dust for you and Hope that something wonderful happens!
Thank you! I'll take all the Pixie Dust I can get!

The rest of this semester is out, just because Corey has classes to teach and even though he can't graduate in May, he STILL has to defend his dissertation by May 1. So, any time we can carve out of the schedule would be to go to H'burg and we'd just take the time to visit our friends there (and possibly squeeze in a night at the beach!) May would be a great time to go. However, Corey isn't done with classes until May 4th, then we have Cortlyn's Preschool Graduation in the middle of the month and then her dance recital at the beginning of June. June MIGHT work (but EPPS we'd have to decide right away!), but July- Nov will be full of Marching band stuff for Corey. I jokingly call myself the Band-Widow.

Won't June be really hot though?? I mean, I just worry about taking a 14 month old in the heat. Anyone have any suggestions?

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #94
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Won't June be really hot though?? I mean, I just worry about taking a 14 month old in the heat. Anyone have any suggestions?
We have been in August with a 2 month old(she did SUPER). I think it is what you make it. It was disgustingly humid when we went. You won't have that in June. I think that Disney has so much available ac that it is never an issue if you play it smart. Mornings and evening are still really nice. In the super hot part of the day you just swim in the pool or rest in an ac area.

Hours are longer in June so you can do more evenings.

I would go for it!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #95
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Lisa, will know best about June weather, but I think that would be the best month of the summer months to go.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #96
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

lI think June depends on your own heat tolerance. People take kids in the summer months all the time and do just fine. I just have a problem in the heat myself so try hard not to go then. We've been during June 3 times. I'm working on a scrapbook from our first trip ever to the MK in June 1999. And I'm a sweaty mess in every photo.

We were there again in in 04. We had fun, but I do remember the stifiling heat. But that was late June. Any chance you could get away sooner? Mabye May?

More recently we made a one day stop in June 09 on our way back from the beach. We only went for the EMH from about 4 PM until 1 AM. I recall that it was overcast that day, but I still was sweaty all night.

It's a tough call. If that were my only choice, I'd try to find a way to make it work. You take afternoon breaks already, so that would get you out of the worst heat. But with little ones you probably can't do the late EMH's that make summer slightly bearable to me.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #97
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been in August with a 2 month old(she did SUPER). I think it is what you make it. It was disgustingly humid when we went. You won't have that in June. I think that Disney has so much available ac that it is never an issue if you play it smart. Mornings and evening are still really nice. In the super hot part of the day you just swim in the pool or rest in an ac area.

Hours are longer in June so you can do more evenings.

I would go for it!
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Lisa, will know best about June weather, but I think that would be the best month of the summer months to go.
That's true! Now why hasn't she piped in?? :confused]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
lI think June depends on your own heat tolerance. People take kids in the summer months all the time and do just fine. I just have a problem in the heat myself so try hard not to go then. We've been during June 3 times. I'm working on a scrapbook from our first trip ever to the MK in June 1999. And I'm a sweaty mess in every photo.

We were there again in in 04. We had fun, but I do remember the stifiling heat. But that was late June. Any chance you could get away sooner? Mabye May?

More recently we made a one day stop in June 09 on our way back from the beach. We only went for the EMH from about 4 PM until 1 AM. I recall that it was overcast that day, but I still was sweaty all night.

It's a tough call. If that were my only choice, I'd try to find a way to make it work. You take afternoon breaks already, so that would get you out of the worst heat. But with little ones you probably can't do the late EMH's that make summer slightly bearable to me.
Yeah, we'd be limited with the night.

We haven't had a chance to decide anything.

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #98
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay! We have news people!!!!

I really want to go this year. But with the graduation stuff throwing a monkey wrench in my planning, I had to start rethinking out plan. Nov is out, because I don't want to travel back to back so much again!

June was the only option I could see. BUT Corey was applying for jobs- so how could I spend money on the trip to Disney when I might need that money (or the time!) to pack and move??

So, today, it came to me while on another Disney message board from a friend. She pointed out that I could book a "room only" ressie and add the "package" stuff later, thus giving me freedom to cancel if I need to because of a job situation!!

With that happening, I'm afraid that as much as I want to stay at AoA, I could save money staying in a standard room. We won't have the time I thought I would to save for spending money. Now, to decide if we want to do Pop or POR. POR is my Moderate Dream Resort!!! I am leaning towards that, because we'll need the PNP for Catie to sleep. We haven't made a final decision yet… so we'll see what happens. Any opinions are ALWAYS welcome!!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #99
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay! We have news people!!!!

I really want to go this year. But with the graduation stuff throwing a monkey wrench in my planning, I had to start rethinking out plan. Nov is out, because I don't want to travel back to back so much again!

June was the only option I could see. BUT Corey was applying for jobs- so how could I spend money on the trip to Disney when I might need that money (or the time!) to pack and move??

So, today, it came to me while on another Disney message board from a friend. She pointed out that I could book a "room only" ressie and add the "package" stuff later, thus giving me freedom to cancel if I need to because of a job situation!!

With that happening, I'm afraid that as much as I want to stay at AoA, I could save money staying in a standard room. We won't have the time I thought I would to save for spending money. Now, to decide if we want to do Pop or POR. POR is my Moderate Dream Resort!!! I am leaning towards that, because we'll need the PNP for Catie to sleep. We haven't made a final decision yet… so we'll see what happens. Any opinions are ALWAYS welcome!!
Woo Hoo!
A plan is back in action! I love it! I would say go with POR! Go with a Royal Room, you know you want to!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #101
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Woo Hoo!
A plan is back in action! I love it! I would say go with POR! Go with a Royal Room, you know you want to!
heehee… You know me well!!

Quote:
hmmmm! What a dilema!!!
Says the travel agent that sent me the confirmation this evening…

We decided to go with POR! We just booked a garden view/standard room. I think we will be happier to have the little bit of space. Plus, we will have the fridge for sure (I know they are adding them in the value rooms, but are they all in place yet?) and we can do more snacks and milk for Catie.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #102
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
heehee… You know me well!!

Says the travel agent that sent me the confirmation this evening…

We decided to go with POR! We just booked a garden view/standard room. I think we will be happier to have the little bit of space. Plus, we will have the fridge for sure (I know they are adding them in the value rooms, but are they all in place yet?) and we can do more snacks and milk for Catie.
Yea! I'm glad you have a new plan in place.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #104
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Third trip 2000
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #105
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Yea! I'm glad you have a new plan in place.
I'm excited too!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: