Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, I think we have made a decision. We have thought about all of our options and talked to Cortlyn to see what she thought.

The thought of staying at a delux is certainly appealing. The rooms are larger, has the balcony and more food options. Staying at the Villas would be super nice as well. However, for me, cooking doesn't equal vacation. I wouldn't want to have to deal with trying to cook meals. If we were going to be with extended family or more friends, then MAYBE. Of course, we loved Pop when we went before, but I just don't think we'd have a lot of freedom being in the room with the baby.

Soooo……….

We focused on the family suites. ASMu doesn't have very family friendly/exciting theming. While Corey and I would enjoy the musical touches, the girls wouldn't. And I do believe that this trip will find us being "at home" at the resort more. Especially if the weather is nicer. Afternoon breaks where Cortlyn could swim in the pool and play while her sister is sleeping. Of course, Cortlyn would prefer to stay with Little Mermaid, like Jen said- it's not open yet and WON'T be open when we are there most likely, so there wouldn't be an option for us to stay there, EVEN if we wanted to. And now the moment you have been waiting for….

Art of Animation, Finding Nemo section

We looked over some of the concept pictures and Cortlyn is excited about her bed and we will hopefully be able to enjoy our trip in the new resort!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wooo Hoo...and my wild girls night out brings me home before 10 PM, and I'm catching up on emails. LOL
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, I think we have made a decision. We have thought about all of our options and talked to Cortlyn to see what she thought.

The thought of staying at a delux is certainly appealing. The rooms are larger, has the balcony and more food options. Staying at the Villas would be super nice as well. However, for me, cooking doesn't equal vacation. I wouldn't want to have to deal with trying to cook meals. If we were going to be with extended family or more friends, then MAYBE. Of course, we loved Pop when we went before, but I just don't think we'd have a lot of freedom being in the room with the baby.

Soooo……….

We focused on the family suites. ASMu doesn't have very family friendly/exciting theming. While Corey and I would enjoy the musical touches, the girls wouldn't. And I do believe that this trip will find us being "at home" at the resort more. Especially if the weather is nicer. Afternoon breaks where Cortlyn could swim in the pool and play while her sister is sleeping. Of course, Cortlyn would prefer to stay with Little Mermaid, like Jen said- it's not open yet and WON'T be open when we are there most likely, so there wouldn't be an option for us to stay there, EVEN if we wanted to. And now the moment you have been waiting for….

Art of Animation, Finding Nemo section

We looked over some of the concept pictures and Cortlyn is excited about her bed and we will hopefully be able to enjoy our trip in the new resort!
Yea for picking your resort

I think AoA looks fun. Thats where we were originally booked for our Oct trip, but switched to CR just b/c of how few days we were going to be there.

I cant wait to see pics of the resort when its officially open and guests start staying there.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #34
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, I figured since it was Super Bowl Sunday, I should share my Super Bowl experience!! We live south of Indianapolis, so we decided to go to the Super Bowl Village to check out the party! Since everyone else likes to throw in other trip reports of sorts, I figure this is my rabbit trail trip report!

Can't get on the road without something to drink! MMM! McD's $1 drinks!

I passed TWO FedEx facilities. I could pick up my winning envelope if it would help get it faster… At least I know where to stalk… What? You wouldn't be stalking them????

We saw this building from the interstate and I thought it was so cool looking

They had a Zipline set up on the streets of Indy! It was so cool, but I dunno… I'd want something softer than asphalt to land on if I fell!

You would have thought this was a character signing, the way people were lined up to get a picture with it!

I decided to wear Catie and let Cortlyn ride in the stroller. Worked out pretty well!!

We found a FREE face painting set up! Cortlyn was thrilled!

The streets were so crowded!

At some point, Catie wanted her daddy… she LOVED reaching out to grab people's coats when they were close enough! She was just LAUGHING and squealing.

We decided to go to Steak and Shake for dinner. For one, we had the baby- had to have a place to sit, you know? They were moving people pretty quickly, I think we only waited about 20 minutes for a table.

No pictures of the food… it was tasty though!

We finished up and kept walking around and this is were I stink, cause I don't know enough about downtown Indy to tell you much about this area. This Monument is pretty impressive though!

This building had a lightshow of sorts in their windows. The letters for the SB were floating around. It was cool looking!

This set up was showing clips of Super Bowls past. It was really neat, with music and sound bites. Should have taken a video! My bad!

Catie and I are cheering for the GIANTS! My friend Shelley (Yup! That Shelley!) is a Giants fan. Good thing, cause we actually are big Colts fans, so its EASY to cheer for Eli this year!

Here is a shot of the stadium

And here is that first building glowing at night! It was so much fun! I'm glad that we went down there!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~

Last edited by francis6306; 02-05-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #35
francis6306
DIS Veteran

WHAT??? I edited those pictures!!!! Why are they still sideways?!?!

Grrrr Photobucket!
ETA- Um… they fixed themselves somehow. Well, that's good! Cause I wasn't gonna try and fix them again!

Last edited by francis6306; 02-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited that you chose to stay at the new Art of Animation resort! I bet that the girls are going to love it!

It looks like ya'll had a good day checking out Super Bowl Village. You can tell that Cortlyn loved her face painting.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm so excited that you chose to stay at the new Art of Animation resort! I bet that the girls are going to love it!

It looks like ya'll had a good day checking out Super Bowl Village. You can tell that Cortlyn loved her face painting.
I'm excited about AoA! I think Cortlyn is going to love the Murphy bed! I'm interested to see if the bed will have to be put up during the day. Cortlyn loved for her "babies" to be arranged on the bed. But I'm sure mousekeeping will do something with them on the couch or the table, right?

Oh, and this kid LOVES face painting!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #39
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I didn't even know there was such a thing as super bowl village. How fun to be able to experience that.
Yes! They had all kinds of tents sent up for different things. Of course there was a lot of drinking… but we didn't go for that! They basically shut down the area around the stadium and people were every where. And while it was really crowded, it was exciting to be down there with everyone else.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #40
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Your timing was great. My 16 year old and my husband were watching the game and I walked in and told them how cool that zip line in the Super Bowl village was. My 16 year was shocked I even knew about it! Score one for mom!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

How exciting to be able to experience some of the super bowl fun! My parents live about 10 min from Cowboys stadium and they went no where near the place for the week leading up to the Super Bowl last year...they said it was mayhem!

Yea for free face painting!!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, I figured since it was Super Bowl Sunday, I should share my Super Bowl experience!!

We finished up and kept walking around and this is were I stink, cause I don't know enough about downtown Indy to tell you much about this area. This Monument is pretty impressive though!

That's one of the war memorials! The one for soldiers and sailors if I remember right. I only know this bc my senior year of high school my English class took a field trip to downtown Indy to see the war memorials. Only we never saw any of the memorials, that was only our cover. We went to the new mall downtown instead. We all wondered around, and ate lunch together.

I have no idea how that teacher got away with it either, it was his first year teaching and who takes an English class to see historical monuments?

But I do love Cortlyn's face painting! And for free! You can't beat that!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Your timing was great. My 16 year old and my husband were watching the game and I walked in and told them how cool that zip line in the Super Bowl village was. My 16 year was shocked I even knew about it! Score one for mom!
I"m SOOO glad I was able to help you out! I figured someone would benefit from our outting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
How exciting to be able to experience some of the super bowl fun! My parents live about 10 min from Cowboys stadium and they went no where near the place for the week leading up to the Super Bowl last year...they said it was mayhem!

Yea for free face painting!!
Oh, it was crazy, but we love things like that! Yeah, I know, we're crazy. We like to get out and see what is going on! I don't want my kids to think we're boring. My husband's family never took family vacations growing up. His only trips were church/band trips or when his dad was working out of town. My family was poor, but we did all kinds of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
That's one of the war memorials! The one for soldiers and sailors if I remember right. I only know this bc my senior year of high school my English class took a field trip to downtown Indy to see the war memorials. Only we never saw any of the memorials, that was only our cover. We went to the new mall downtown instead. We all wondered around, and ate lunch together.

I have no idea how that teacher got away with it either, it was his first year teaching and who takes an English class to see historical monuments?

But I do love Cortlyn's face painting! And for free! You can't beat that!
YAY! Glad to know something about it! I love that your teacher did that! Did he get nominated for Teacher of the year???

Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #44
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!

So, these are are details as they stand right now:

AoA, Finding Nemo Room
Nov 18-14
6 day Park Hoppers
Disney Dinning Plan

We did our taxes finally and we're a little bummed. We had thought we were getting back more, because we were missing one w2. Then we entered in that other w2 and it knocked us down a whole lot. Of course, we have PLENTY of time, but looking at that FIRST projected set of numbers had visions of paid of car AND Disney trip in one month! Of course, paying off the car is a party event in and of itself! So, my plan is to switch my car payment into a Disney Payment, since I'm used to the money coming out of the account each month anyway!

Of course, we can drop the park hoppers if we need to and go to QSDP or no dining plan if we must. I doubt that Corey would really go for that though. We loved the DDP, since it makes it impossible to limit yourself when you are on vacation! We had already "paid" for the meals! Get what is your's, you know? Other than the pesky snack situation! We had SUCH a hard time using out snack credits at Disney. Everytime we thought to use them, there would be some issue- the cart Corey stood in line for didn't take the plan, the snacks we chose weren't on the plan, the place I wanted a cupcake from was closed… things like that! We DID get a funnel cake at AK and that was TASTY! But I think that is the only snack we got while at a park. We WILL use them better this next time! For sure!!!

We didn't use Park Hoppers on our first trip. In fact, I don't think I have EVER park hopped at Disney. I remember as a kid, my family couldn't really afford to take a trip to Disney, but my parents wanted to take us. So, we drove to Florida and I remember sitting in the HOT car while my parents went in and listened to some salesman give some speech about time shares I think, so that they could get comp tickets for us to go. This was when I was very young, because by the time we went back in HS my dad owned his own successful business and we stayed at a DTD hotel.

I didn't know there were any other resorts outside of the monorail resorts until I went on a girls trip for one night and we stayed at Pop and honestly, I knew nothing of any of the other resorts even then! Of course, now, I have a full list of my "dream resorts" and all my options in the future!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #45
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Park hopping is fun. Every time we think about saving money and not getting the park hoppers we don't since part of the fun at disney for my DH is the food (and for one of my girls as well- she included the dinners in her mini journal for school), and Epcot has the best places to eat.
One of my goals is to go to all 4 parks in one day. So far the most I have done is 3.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: