Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #211
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay!! So, our "plan" for now! We are booked with 6-day Park Hoppers, but honestly, I may drop the park hopper and lower the days… I'm planning like we are only doing one park each day!

Monday- Magic Kingdom
On Touringplans.com it shows that this is the park to Avoid. However, we have a rule… We HAVE to start in Magic Kingdom. We just do!!!! I am really HOPING though, that it's not really as bad as Touring Plans suggests, since EMH's are the night before!

Tuesday- Hollywood Studios
Again… we've picked the "Avoid" park. But it's what works, you know? There just isn't a good time to go to HS during the week and let's face it. Crowds are gonna suck all week! Corey wants to make sure that we see the Lights, so we have to go! OH AND Corey wants to make sure to do Star Tours! It was closed for some reason back in 2010 when we went.

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom
THIS is the "Best" park… with a crowd level of 9.4!

Thursday- Down Day
Unless we want to go to a park, we're gonna just relax this day. Enjoy our resort, swim, DTD whatever. I just think, we're traveling and then GO-GO-GO! We are going to need some rest!!

Friday- EPCOT
THIS is also a park to avoid. HOWEVER, This is the night of the CP and we are booked for that! So we just have to grin and bear it!

Saturday- ???
We are checking out this day, but we could go to a park for a few hours. HS has EMH in the morning or we could go say goodbye to Mickey at MK. I don't know!

What do you think? Oh, and yes I know we have skipped Animal Kingdom. Reason being we want a down day. We LOVE Tusker House and even as much as we loved the safari, I think it's something that we could skip this year.

There is one other "option" that if we end up Checking in on Saturday, then we could do MK on Sun and Animal Kingdom on Monday, then the rest of the trip as above.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #212
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
Thanksgiving in Disney - oh how fun...
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #213
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo! The obsessing has begun!

I just don't know that planning your days based on crowd levels is going to make that much of a difference. Like you said, every park is going to be crowded every day, period. There's no way around it. I think planning it the way you have, based on hours and what order you prefer, is the best way to go for this week.

Are you thinking of touring any resorts to see decorations? I know we saw the gingerbread house in GF last time but Cortlyn may not remember it very well...? Plus, we didn't see the displays at Beach Club.

I also remember ya'll did go to DTD at some point on your last trip. Did you get to see everything though? I remember that day was super windy and cold so I'm not sure what you did.

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #214
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What time do you think you'll get checked in on Sunday? You could go to MK for a couple of hours to get that first fill of it for emh's. You could then go to AK the next day and if you keep hoppers back to Mk later that day or vice versa.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #215
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
Thanksgiving in Disney - oh how fun...
Carolyn
Thanks!! We're so excited ourselves!!! The Holidays are just so much more Magical there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Woo hoo! The obsessing has begun!

I just don't know that planning your days based on crowd levels is going to make that much of a difference. Like you said, every park is going to be crowded every day, period. There's no way around it. I think planning it the way you have, based on hours and what order you prefer, is the best way to go for this week.

Are you thinking of touring any resorts to see decorations? I know we saw the gingerbread house in GF last time but Cortlyn may not remember it very well...? Plus, we didn't see the displays at Beach Club.

I also remember ya'll did go to DTD at some point on your last trip. Did you get to see everything though? I remember that day was super windy and cold so I'm not sure what you did.
Yes! Thanks for reminding me to add in some DTD time! I think on Thursday, we will get over there. I don't think we will do the actual Resort touring like you and I did last time, but I do plan on hanging out at the resorts that I book dining ressies at!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What time do you think you'll get checked in on Sunday? You could go to MK for a couple of hours to get that first fill of it for emh's. You could then go to AK the next day and if you keep hoppers back to Mk later that day or vice versa.
I did consider that… But after 2 days of traveling, the girls will just be happy to be out of the car and Corey will probably want to rest. He tends to drive most of the trip, because he doesn't nap well sitting upright. So Sunday night, we will eat at AoA and go swimming- IF the weather is nice! I'm praying for good weather this year!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #216
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Wow… you guys aren't gonna know what to do with me and all these updates, huh?!?!

Okay, so I have BOOKED four meals!

Monday/Magic Kingdom
I booked the Plaza! I actually booked a dinner! We loved this place before! The girls will LOVE the milkshakes and we will gauge how the girls are handling the day. We most likely will split up and one of us will take Catie back to the hotel to go to bed and the other will stay with Cortlyn.

Tuesday/Hollywood Studios
Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine! My girls LOVE Jake, so this was really a no brainer! Plus, my husband is VERY determined to do Star Tours and I want to ride the Rocking Roller Coaster, so it will be nice to be in the park before it opens.

Wednesday/MK
Late Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I have gone back and forth on this, but I know we will enjoy this breakfast! I wanted to possibly do Crystal Palace, but we're not that into Pooh. Catie has a Pooh and Tigger stuffed animals that she does love, but it's not like we watch the movies or TV (We don't get the Disney Jr Channel). Now, this day, I'd LIKE to try and get a Dinner ressie at Be Our Guest, but that depends on when/if it opens! I saw some rumors on another site that the Dinner might be a 2 TS credit meal. I hope not…

Thursday- Nothing booked yet. We have to make some decisions though!!!

Friday/EPCOT
Breakfast- Akershus My girls HAVE to go meet the princesses!!
Late Lunch for Mommy and Daddy- Les Chefs. Now, here is the thing. I booked us for the CP, however, it requires us to have a babysitter for the afternoon/evening! We'll see how it goes. I think Cortlyn would enjoy the CP, but Catie is too little for this. I do concerts all the time with Corey's job. I know my kids during them!

Okay, so that's what we have for now! And I still have 2 more TS credits to use- possibly for Thanksgiving day?? Who knows!!

Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #217
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to see things finally coming together for you!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #218
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm so excited to see things finally coming together for you!
Me too!! I am so happy that things are REALLY falling into place!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #219
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see you were still able to score some great ADRs!

I wouldnt worry too much about what Touring Plans says about the parks. Its going to be busy regardless over Thanksgiving. I can say the same thing for the majority of our days too over Christmas.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #220
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I'm glad to see you were still able to score some great ADRs!

I wouldnt worry too much about what Touring Plans says about the parks. Its going to be busy regardless over Thanksgiving. I can say the same thing for the majority of our days too over Christmas.
Yeah, Darn all those people that are trying to cram in their vacations at the same time!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #221
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Surprised to see me again?

So, last night, Corey and I talked about our ressies for Turkey day. We decided we wanted the Traditional options and so after looking on wdwinfo.com's list of thanksgiving meals, we decided to go with Sanaa. It's actually our second choice, as we'd LOVE to do Whispering Canyon, but there isn't anything available. No worries, I plan on watching for a cancelation!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #222
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, this is why you have to keep checking the online system! I just got Whispering Canyon for 12 on Thanksgiving!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #223
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, this is why you have to keep checking the online system! I just got Whispering Canyon for 12 on Thanksgiving!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #224
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting the Whispering Canyon reservation! We love it there!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #225
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post

I love Whispering Canyon!!! That's going to be so much fun...
Lots of Pixie Dust is heading your way!
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: